ADVERTISEMENT

Violence in Virginia

I read that the nationalists had a legal permit. I also read that the leftists had no permit. I read that there weren't any problems until the left started to antagonize. I also read that there was a national call out for the nationalists to show up and only a couple hundred did. I also read that if the nationalists were ignored by the media and the leftists, all would be safe and unharmed. Not saying any of this is reliable info as you can't get detailed reliable info from any of the news outlets, but, it's out there.
What I find funny is people who think everyone who opposes racist Nazi pigs and wannabe KKK are "leftist"!

They had a permit. Here is the timeline of what happened. This was never going to be peaceful.

The Unite the Right rally was scheduled to start at noon but it never happened. By 11:30 a.m., with demonstrators and counter-protesters fighting in the streets, Charlottesville and Albemarle County officials declared a state of emergency and later declared the rally an illegal assembly, slowly clearing the park.

“It could have been a lot worse today,” said Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas. “The premeditated violence is deplorable.”

Both sides came prepared for violence, wearing protective helmets, masks and carrying flags. When violence broke out, many of the flags were stripped from the wood handles and the handles were used as clubs.

Both sides brought street medics equipped with bandages and fluids for flushing eyes and skin afflicted with pepper spray.

Alt-right demonstrators arrived at Emancipation Park around 9 a.m. with several counter-protesters already present. While the demonstrators milled about the park waving flags, several protesters prayed nearby and others sang while state police ringed the marchers to keep the sides separate inside the park.

One right-wing group in military garb, carrying rifles and wearing pistols, stood between the pro-white demonstrators and counter-protesters.

As more marchers arrived, flying a variety of flags, including the Confederate flag and battle flag, more counter-protesters also arrived. Taunts and jeers broke out on both sides and scuffles began.

The armed demonstrators moved away from the park when both sides began attacking each other and it appeared no firearms were involved.

Thank you. Good report on the time line. This is the first many of us have read it. This brings up another question. The local and state officials must have known this was going to be a disaster. Why issue a permit to begin with? Why not nip it in the bud and make it known that this city was not going to be a war zone for any reason by anybody? I think the city had a legal right to refuse but I'm not totally sure.

A bunch of racists march around Virginia with Confederate and Nazi flags. Shouting racist and Nazi slogans. Shitting on blacks, Jews...anyone who isn't white. They march through the university carrying torches. Some carrying weapons. For no reason other than to proclaim white supremacy and denigrate minorities. And one of these animals drove a car into a crowd, killing and maiming.

But you jump into this "prayers" thread to attack the people who protested this vile, evil display of hate?

I think you're better off ignoring them. Let them have their protest (which they're allowed to do under the First Amendment). A few days later, nobody will remember it.

Reactions: rgc7
Thank you. Good report on the time line. This is the first many of us have read it. This brings up another question. The local and state officials must have known this was going to be a disaster. Why issue a permit to begin with? Why not nip it in the bud and make it known that this city was not going to be a war zone for any reason by anybody? I think the city had a legal right to refuse but I'm not totally sure.

The last time the Nazi's arrived in Charlottesville, there were only 50 of them and it was a big joke, so I bet they assumed more of the same. Plus, they were following the letter of the law assuming the right to free speech and peaceful protest. It had to be pretty evident things were headed south when both sides showed up ready to rumble.

President Trumped condemned all hatred. Sorry if that wrecked your narrative
His initial response drew praise from nazis and skinheads because they were not specifically cited. Sounds like you also approve.

Last edited:
His initial response drew praise from nazis and skinheads because they were not specifically cited. Sounds like you also approve.

DHJa42JXkAEmYAX.jpg

The city tried to move the rally larger park, but Kessler obtained in injunction stating that moving the rally would be against his free speech rights. My understanding is that the KKK held a rally in the same park in July, which was also met with a large number of counter-protesters. Its part of the reason why the city wanted to move the rally to a larger venue. Kessler sued and won.

I think you're better off ignoring them. Let them have their protest (which they're allowed to do under the First Amendment). A few days later, nobody will remember it.

I agree they should be ignored. I just don't understand this eagerness to blame those who protested the racists' march.

Imagine you're in New York City. A bunch of Al Qaeda sympathizers get a permit and march through downtown NYC. They are holding the flags of Al Qaeda and pictures of bin Laden. They are chanting vile slogans against the 911 victims.

Meanwhile, a bunch of good New Yorkers show up and beat the tar out of the terror sympathizers. But then, one of the Al Qaeda lovers runs his car into the crowd, killing one and injuring 19 of the New Yorkers.

The next day, I start a "prayers" thread for the dead and injured New Yorkers. Are you honestly telling me that you (or anyone) would show up in my thread to blame those New Yorkers?

Nazis are as bad as it gets. So too are Confederates, especially to those whose great-grandparents may have been owned like cattle by southern gentlemen. Those racist bastards came to start trouble and they succeeded. No reason to cast blame to anyone other than the racists.

Reactions: bobbydig01
Do you feel the same way when BLM chants hate and violence against law enforcement? Don't be a selective social warrior like some others around here. Stand your ground against hate and violence from ALL sides, even yours.
So you're defending them or just living in the past ?

Calling me a racists won't ever work on me. The fact is, you are a selective social warrior. If you don't condemn all hate and violence, your words are trite. Were you this vocal and righteous when the Dallas Five were murdered at a rally back in 2016? Does the large scale violence and injury perpetrated by BLM have any affect on you? Thee one thing that is obvious is if you are going to condemn violence and hate, condemn all violence and hate. WWJD? He would condemn all violence and hate.
You are truly pathetic.

Reactions: sluggo69
You are truly pathetic.
Why am I pathetic? What about my comments is pathetic? What has offended you so much that makes me the enemy? What have I said that you would blame me for what happened yesterday? Why are you a manipulator of young minds when you should be a nurturer of young minds? What would offend you so much that Jesus would condemn all violence? You don't believe that? What really is pathetic is that you can't play thought control with grown ups who has legit differing opinions.

I'm a huge police supporter. Unfortunately this was not LEO's finest hour. There should of been a huge frozen zone. The sides should never be allowed to mingle. Frozen zone means no cars allowed. Both sides behind metal stantions. If their marching then police march on both sides of the groups. Have aviation up in the air giving reports. All roof tops covered by law enforcement to prevent air mail. I am not blaming the grunts in the field but I'm blaming the police commissioner in that city. http://nypost.com/2017/08/13/nypd-we-would-have-done-a-better-job-in-charlottesville/

Reactions: rgc7 and irishalice
So those who don't see events as lslero is a Nazi Skinhead?

Got it
Actually, you don't get it. Having the same take on Trump's statement wouldn't make you a Nazi skinhead. Conversely, it wouldnt exclude you, so maybe you're making a confession.

Last edited:
Prayers to those killed and injured during the "Unite the Right" rally in Virginia. What a tragic, senseless display of racism, hatred, and violence.
These people are cartoons of what hate is. Real hard to take them seriously. You can take the Nazi out of the trailer park but.you can't take the trailer park out of the Nazi. The real fascist's of today are on college campuses.

I agree they should be ignored. I just don't understand this eagerness to blame those who protested the racists' march.

Imagine you're in New York City. A bunch of Al Qaeda sympathizers get a permit and march through downtown NYC. They are holding the flags of Al Qaeda and pictures of bin Laden. They are chanting vile slogans against the 911 victims.

Meanwhile, a bunch of good New Yorkers show up and beat the tar out of the terror sympathizers. But then, one of the Al Qaeda lovers runs his car into the crowd, killing one and injuring 19 of the New Yorkers.

The next day, I start a "prayers" thread for the dead and injured New Yorkers. Are you honestly telling me that you (or anyone) would show up in my thread to blame those New Yorkers?

Nazis are as bad as it gets. So too are Confederates, especially to those whose great-grandparents may have been owned like cattle by southern gentlemen. Those racist bastards came to start trouble and they succeeded. No reason to cast blame to anyone other than the racists.
Imagine you are a stupid libby..........oh you are.

I hope I live to see a day when y'all stop identifying as "righties" and "leftists" and resume identifying, united, as Americans. Too many good people on both sides of the aisle for your great nation to be angrily and bitterly divided in 2017.

Prayers from up north to all involved. May the irrational and misguided hatred in the hearts of those on both sides, someday come to pass.

I hope I live to see a day when y'all stop identifying as "righties" and "leftists" and resume identifying, united, as Americans. Too many good people on both sides of the aisle for your great nation to be angrily and bitterly divided in 2017.

Prayers from up north to all involved. May the irrational and misguided hatred in the hearts of those on both sides, someday come to pass.

Thank you. I wholeheartedly agree. After 9/11, this country came together - we were kinder and more accepting of one another for a period of time. But many things have happened since then and I place an enormous part of the blame for all of this divisiveness on the shoulders of those that have the ability to influence public opinions: politicians, the media, bloggers, and professors/teachers. They salivate over manipulating the young and/or ill informed. The throw out bait with regard to policies that are completely impractical or unsustainable just to fish people in and fuel their emotions. And they distort the truth. I can watch an event unfold with my eyes and then watch or read a variety of media sources only to see that the information has been distorted, twisted, and spun to fit a narrative. It's not an attempt to get to the truth. It's an attempt to say " See, I am right and you are wrong and you're an idiot if you don't think like I do." The 2 party system in the States may be irreparably damaged. The extremes are sadly running the show (and doing a hideously poor job of it). We need an independent third party that can act rationally and bring people together, not stubbornly dig heels in and let emotion take over. Sadly, everyone cannot win in a country of this size and with this much diversity. There will always be people that feel slighted, envious, victimized etc. whether it is warranted or not. We all just need to put our grown up pants on and deal with issues maturely, unselfishly, and rationally. It will never be perfect but it can certainly be better than it is.

Because THEY are the reason this is the #1 news story today, and THEY give the nazi/skinhead/KKK loons a much bigger audience, and make them appear to be a much larger more prominent group than they really are. You had it right, just ignore them.

Wouldn't that be nice. Unfortunately, IMHO, we have wandered off of the long winding path to an aracial apolitical aethnic society, and now political, racial and ethnic identity, and the inherent differences they involve, are more pronounced than ever. I didn't vote for Obama but I still had great hope for what his Presidency could mean for the country, but it just went exactly in the opposite direction than I expected/hoped. I don't even know if a person exists out there who can remedy the ills that we have now.

Last edited:

I believe those days are over. In all honesty, I would like to see two countries formed. No more filibustering, fighting over immigrants, which lives matter more, Supreme Court picks. Cable news would hate it.

Charlottesville is what happens when you normalize racism and street violence. Every normalization of extremism equally normalizes the extremism of the opposite side. A civil society depends on a consensus. ‘Racism is bad’ is an example of such a consensus. If you normalize black nationalism, you will get more white nationalism. If you normalize leftist street violence against Trump supporters, you will also get more street violence against leftists.

Reactions: rgc7 and Mich Fan

In the meantime, the Canadian PM hands over millions of dollars to a known terrorist. There are issues all over the world. Most Americans are not what you saw on TV. Most Americans go about their lives, working hard, taking care of their families and not sounding like complete baffoons the media focused on during Ferguson, Baltimore, and Virginia. These are not the norm. Most have opinions but most would not cause injury to others. There is plenty of hate to go around. It's not relegated to one group. All lives matter. All violence from all hate groups must stop.

With what's going on in most major universities today, and as butt hurt as the Democratic party is that will not happen anytime soon.

Reactions: rgc7 and cheta41
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT