ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson skipping Georgia visit this weekend?

No offense meant here either, I don't think he wants to go to Stanford, that's all the brother. Mom would love to see him at Tech, but he wants no part of that offense. If Drob gets any say I don't think he goes to Stanford or GT, Stanford is too far and GT's offense isn't much to his liking.
Who knows but not only did he retake the sat but he took a full load of AP courses his sr year that he didn't have to take to get into uga or bama. I mean it's one thing to say he is humoring his bro by retaking the sat and going through the motions, but you don't go through the motions on a load of AP classes your sr year. It seems clear his mom is the one he is humoring and his bro is driving this. Those actions speak pretty loudly. I try and tune out all the recruiting analysts and watch what the kid does. I don't think he's humoring his brother, flat out. The rest of it, who knows. It may not matter he may end up at bama or uga.

No offense meant here either, I don't think he wants to go to Stanford, that's all the brother. Mom would love to see him at Tech, but he wants no part of that offense. If Drob gets any say I don't think he goes to Stanford or GT, Stanford is too far and GT's offense isn't much to his liking.
Just wondering is this just your belief or actaul inside info from him or someone very close? From what I understand he himself really likes Stanford and it's not just his brother. When I spoke with the Chaplin from GT he didn't straight up say what the staff planed on using him in but he hinted imo by saying if it was him he would line him up in the a back spot, WR, kr, and pr. That means he would get the ball at GT more than probably any other school, which would be very appealing imo.

Just wondering is this just your belief or actaul inside info from him or someone very close? From what I understand he himself really likes Stanford and it's not just his brother. When I spoke with the Chaplin from GT he didn't straight up say what the staff planed on using him in but he hinted imo by saying if it was him he would line him up in the a back spot, WR, kr, and pr. That means he would get the ball at GT more than probably any other school, which would be very appealing imo.
I don't know I think if he's as good as we think he may be all these teams would get him the ball in various ways. ND revamped its offense around the versatility of theo riddick for two years and he ended up with a couple seasons with 800 rushing yards each year and 400 passing yards. In fact they called it a slot hybrid or something and had the WR coach merge with the hb coach to get the most out of him. I'm sure ND would use him like that and in the return game as well. I don't think any one school has it over the other in "we can get you the ball in so many ways" dept. I mean we just produced a 1000 yard rusher that played slot wr last year.

Reactions: Techwreck47

Its just my opinion, I know he needed to improve 100 points to get the score he needed to get into Stanford. Drob has never been a RB, I am not 100% that he even wants to play offense, that he would like to play DB in college. Playing RB at Tech would assure him of getting the ball quite a bit for sure, but the mods on our staff say Tech has no shot and someone who is suppose to know him says the same, but with mom loving Tech like she seems to I don't feel that way, but I am not an insider. Could have been if we had hired Napier from Bama because I know the entire Napier family very well, known Billy since he was born, Drob likes Bama, he was committed to them for a long time, and if it was left up to him entirely I think that is where he would end up, but that's just a guess. I know he is close with a couple of the guys who signed with us, close with Eason too, but I don't know if he will ever get the ok to sign with us. Tech could very well end up the compromise of everyone involved and be the winner of the Drob sweepstakes.

I like those selective stats. Lately the home team has won. When ND wins at home this season it will be split 3-3 the last six years.

Selective Stats - Here are some selective stats if that is what you call them. Last 6 years. Stanford has 66 wins. ND 55 wins. Stanford has 2 Rose Bowl wins and and a Orange Bowl win. ND's two big bowl games in the last 6 years - both losses w/ one blow out and the other pretty much a blow out as well. Fact - Stanford is 4 and 2 head to head vs. ND and for good measure if you want to go back 7 years head to head they are 5-2 vs. ND.

So yes - the current Stanford Football Program in the last 6 years is better than ND's football program. Hopefully ND can close the gap and start to be able to match Stanford's physicality and put together some 11 and 12 win type seasons like Stanford has done in 5 of their last 6 seasons with maybe a Jan. 1 or later big bowl win.

Selective Stats - Here are some selective stats if that is what you call them. Last 6 years. Stanford has 66 wins. ND 55 wins. Stanford has 2 Rose Bowl wins and and a Orange Bowl win. ND's two big bowl games in the last 6 years - both losses w/ one blow out and the other pretty much a blow out as well. Fact - Stanford is 4 and 2 head to head vs. ND and for good measure if you want to go back 7 years head to head they are 5-2 vs. ND.

So yes - the current Stanford Football Program in the last 6 years is better than ND's football program. Hopefully ND can close the gap and start to be able to match Stanford's physicality and put together some 11 and 12 win type seasons like Stanford has done in 5 of their last 6 seasons with maybe a Jan. 1 or later big bowl win.

wow! you can't say that stuff here! go to your 'happy place' !

this is an interesting recruiting saga but it seems to have developed that it is not necessarily a ND recruiting story.

ND can add an extra Defensive lineman in the next class.

Reactions: IrishBlessings

Please don't use empirical data on this board to prove the point. You have to be totally emotionally invested.

Reactions: cgvr
local talent Werner (LB) even mentions if SU offers he will immediately commit. Loy and SW have CB'd him to ND.
There is much hype that ND is poised for a Top class in '17. When hasn't that prediction been made by Mods trying to generate interest? We have heard that for 6 + years! It has developed that the SU evolution as a football power with academics => ND will be a formidable recruiting rival.

Falsely accused of saying 'Stanford reloads - ND rebuilds' by our resident 'shill' it has now developed that may be closer to a truth. And as pointed out the recent 6 year run favors SU. In '16 both ND and SU will have lots of new starters, so it looks like a toss up game at this time.

Just my opinion here, he plays at one of those small private schools that hasn't been one of the stellar programs so I don't think he has had the coaching he would have gotten at some of the bigger programs. His potential to be very good is very high thus the 5* ranking. But right now I don't think he is a 5* player, if that makes sense.
I understand where you are coming from 100% and I believe this is why the recruiting sites get so many of these kids wrong, there is so much that goes into the star rating. type of competition, size of player, speed of player, height of player and most of these things can change within a year and a 3 star turn into a 5 star but he was a 3 star because he was undersized at the time and at a small school. When a 5 star may never start because of no real drive or he was a 5 star because he was dominant at a small school and a big kid but when he got to college he couldn't handle everyone being his size. I heard that only 44% of 4 and 5 star kids over the past 7 years or so have been starters. I use GT as an example because I'm a GT fan obviously but in 2014 when we had a great year our senior class which we had a lot of starting was ranked in the 60's in that recruiting cycle yet we had a top 10 finish and minus this past year we are competing for the acc championship most years and we atleast hang with the teams that have top 10 recruiting classes of not beat them. I'm not saying star ranking doesn't matter at all obviously you have teams like bama and it does but a lot of it goes to coaching as well. Back to Robertson though the only argument I have about you saying you don't feel he's a true 5 star is that when he went to the army American game he was supposedly torching 4 and 5 star guys.

I understand where you are coming from 100% and I believe this is why the recruiting sites get so many of these kids wrong, there is so much that goes into the star rating. type of competition, size of player, speed of player, height of player and most of these things can change within a year and a 3 star turn into a 5 star but he was a 3 star because he was undersized at the time and at a small school. When a 5 star may never start because of no real drive or he was a 5 star because he was dominant at a small school and a big kid but when he got to college he couldn't handle everyone being his size. I heard that only 44% of 4 and 5 star kids over the past 7 years or so have been starters. I use GT as an example because I'm a GT fan obviously but in 2014 when we had a great year our senior class which we had a lot of starting was ranked in the 60's in that recruiting cycle yet we had a top 10 finish and minus this past year we are competing for the acc championship most years and we atleast hang with the teams that have top 10 recruiting classes of not beat them. I'm not saying star ranking doesn't matter at all obviously you have teams like bama and it does but a lot of it goes to coaching as well. Back to Robertson though the only argument I have about you saying you don't feel he's a true 5 star is that when he went to the army American game he was supposedly torching 4 and 5 star guys.

Tech had a good team in 14 for sure, those 2 B backs I think they are called were tough alone with the qb being as quick as he was. But the thing that gives Tech an advantage is their unique offense. Most teams only see it once a year. After being coached to run to the ball all year, then in a week they have to deprogram to stay in position, play your responsiblity stay in your lane. Not saying the 14 team wasn't good, it was very good at what they did.

Robertson may be a day one starter and star, athletically he has the skills to do that, I just think it will take him some time to get coached up to whatever position he plays, RB might be it if he decides on Tech, which I don't think is out of the question. I am not sure he goes to Stanford even if he gets the score, nor do I feel he leaves the south for ND. The brother is the one who has pushed Stanford and ND so much, Mom wants him close by and regardless of who is legally the guardian mom is the one in charge.

what is the enrollment deadline at ND and/or Stanford.

Admissions must have scheduled due dates or deadlines. What is the latest a regular student can enroll?

don't you need to pick up toilet paper for the Coach?
your presence here is probably the single worst thing to tarnish his legacy.
Fans will come to learn that.

Here is something I know: the only head coach in ND history to coach 6 consecutive years without a championship. Each season is a new record.

Last edited:
Wrong again. Increases your odds of getting the kid.

What data points are you using to support your claim here?
"Increases your odds of getting the kid."

"ND should have told the kid their offer expires at midnight on signing day."
"Nothing to lose. Control the sale."

If you haven't noticed the young man "holds all the cards" in this game.

Even kelly recognizes this....or he would have "folded"....

If you haven't noticed the young man "holds all the cards" in this game.

Even kelly recognizes this....or he would have "folded"....
If he didn't sign on signing day the odds of him coming to ND are less than the chances of you posting a cogent thought.

local talent Werner (LB) even mentions if SU offers he will immediately commit. Loy and SW have CB'd him to ND.
There is much hype that ND is poised for a Top class in '17. When hasn't that prediction been made by Mods trying to generate interest? We have heard that for 6 + years! It has developed that the SU evolution as a football power with academics => ND will be a formidable recruiting rival.

Falsely accused of saying 'Stanford reloads - ND rebuilds' by our resident 'shill' it has now developed that may be closer to a truth. And as pointed out the recent 6 year run favors SU. In '16 both ND and SU will have lots of new starters, so it looks like a toss up game at this time.

Purse is a know nothing big mouth Turd. A disgrace to Notre Dame fandom. The first two years Notre Dame played Stanford under Kelly the Irish were rebuilding and playing a already rebuilt Stanford team. Then Kelly in his third year beat Stanford at home (close) lost to Stanford away (close) then beat Stanford at home (close) then lost to Stanford away (close)
It is now a great rivalry game back and forth.
You and and your biatch (cgvr) can eat dirt.
Mr. 28 billion with no good posts.

If he didn't sign on signing day the odds of him coming to ND are less than the chances of you posting a cogent thought.

So, in other words you made something up again.... Good for you!

At the end of the day, I enjoy your taking a direct shot at kelly for not laying his cards on the line and setting a deadline.

I don't believe that's the correct play, but it appears that you are coming around to kelly's never ending wealth of stupidity.

You obviously believe kelly botched the strategy here...

Thanks for the laughs.

Purse is a know nothing big mouth Turd. A disgrace to Notre Dame fandom. The first two years Notre Dame played Stanford under Kelly the Irish were rebuilding and playing a already rebuilt Stanford team. Then Kelly in his third year beat Stanford at home (close) lost to Stanford away (close) then beat Stanford at home (close) then lost to Stanford away (close)
It is now a great rivalry game back and forth.
You and and your biatch (cgvr) can eat dirt.
Mr. 28 billion with no good posts.

Stanford has a style of football which they define as "Intellectual and Physical Brutality".

We have a moron on the sidelines who hasn't installed any identity in 6 years....

Actually, our identity is "inconsistent underachievers"... special thanks to the our little porker of a head coach.

Brian Kelly 3rd grade pic after getting left back twice....
images

When cgmr depicts Coach Kelly, why does cgmr use photos of cartoon characters without pants? They are naked from the waist down. As though he sees Kelly also without pants when he dreams about him.

This is the question I want answered.

From an interview with Demetris and his brother, his brother said GT is a strong contender because it's a good academic school. Demetris himself said his mom wants him at GT and that she has a very strong input because growing up they always didn't understand her reasoning but she was always right. He also said he really likes the city of ATL because it's so different compared to the other school, and he himself likes the academics. One reason his mother is so high on GT is because one of her family members went to GT and is about to be 50 and could probably provide for the next three generations. On another note he cancelled his visit to UGA this week again, and he has done it to bama more than once. Word is it could be a possibility that Stanford is not the sure thing but he wants to atleast check it out to make sure he's not passing something up and that's why he's trying so hard. Imo it could be down to ND and GT. I'm also hearing ND told him he had to commit by NSD but that's just hear say and I don't think I believe that. Good luck guys, and good luck in the basketball game tonight.

From an interview with Demetris and his brother, his brother said GT is a strong contender because it's a good academic school. Demetris himself said his mom wants him at GT and that she has a very strong input because growing up they always didn't understand her reasoning but she was always right. He also said he really likes the city of ATL because it's so different compared to the other school, and he himself likes the academics. One reason his mother is so high on GT is because one of her family members went to GT and is about to be 50 and could probably provide for the next three generations. On another note he cancelled his visit to UGA this week again, and he has done it to bama more than once. Word is it could be a possibility that Stanford is not the sure thing but he wants to atleast check it out to make sure he's not passing something up and that's why he's trying so hard. Imo it could be down to ND and GT. I'm also hearing ND told him he had to commit by NSD but that's just hear say and I don't think I believe that. Good luck guys, and good luck in the basketball game tonight.

If that's the article on UGA's site, Drob never said anything, don't think he was even present, like always Carlos did all the talking. Drob is going to have very little input in where he goes, other than not making the test score to get into Stanford. I have said earlier in this thread I won't be surprised if he ends up at Tech because Mom is going to have a huge input. We should know in 5-6 weeks I guess. But I can only think of one interview Drob has done for himself and he just seemed overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Need to change this, just from what I just heard don't think Tech is a player any longer.

Last edited:
If that's the article on UGA's site, Drob never said anything, don't think he was even present, like always Carlos did all the talking. Drob is going to have very little input in where he goes, other than not making the test score to get into Stanford. I have said earlier in this thread I won't be surprised if he ends up at Tech because Mom is going to have a huge input. We should know in 5-6 weeks I guess. But I can only think of one interview Drob has done for himself and he just seemed overwhelmed by the whole thing.

Need to change this, just from what I just heard don't think Tech is a player any longer.
I didn't read the interview personally was just told about it so I didn't know Demetris wasn't in it my bad.

May I ask what you just heard about tech?

I didn't read the interview personally was just told about it so I didn't know Demetris wasn't in it my bad.

May I ask what you just heard about tech?

Drob wants nothing to do with RB and doesn't want to play in an offense that doesn't throw the ball anymore than Tech, even though it is probably Mom's first choice, she is willing to compromise. While we aren't ranked as high as Stanford or ND, we are less than 2 hours from Mom's house and are quite a bit higher than Bama, who I have heard is no longer a real factor. Drob having a bunch of friends at UGA isn't going to be a factor. It's coming down to the distance from home, which ND can't control and the difference of about 40 in academic rankings, which UGA can't control. IF he makes the trip to Athens this weekend with Mom, brother and sister I think he signs with UGA, if not he signs with ND.

Drob wants nothing to do with RB and doesn't want to play in an offense that doesn't throw the ball anymore than Tech, even though it is probably Mom's first choice, she is willing to compromise. While we aren't ranked as high as Stanford or ND, we are less than 2 hours from Mom's house and are quite a bit higher than Bama, who I have heard is no longer a real factor. Drob having a bunch of friends at UGA isn't going to be a factor. It's coming down to the distance from home, which ND can't control and the difference of about 40 in academic rankings, which UGA can't control. IF he makes the trip to Athens this weekend with Mom, brother and sister I think he signs with UGA, if not he signs with ND.
Is this just hear say, or solid inside info from someone that heard it straight from his mouth? Not a friend of a friend type of deal. His brother just did an interview that totally contradicts this statement about GT, and I don't see why he would just straight up lie about what he said about GT.

Is this just hear say, or solid inside info from someone that heard it straight from his mouth? Not a friend of a friend type of deal. His brother just did an interview that totally contradicts this statement about GT, and I don't see why he would just straight up lie about what he said about GT.

From a parent of another player on Drob's BB team. The brother is loving the attention, that should be pretty obvious, maybe he is telling different sites different stories. But you tell me, why would a kid who has always been a WR, who knows he isn't going to the NFL as a RB, want to change to RB from a life lone career of being a WR? The parent just said it was really down to ND and UGA with Drob wanting UGA, Carlos wanting ND and Mom considering what each offers. Really ironic part of this is no matter where Drob goes, if he is what people think he is he is gone in 3 years. Whatever field he decides to major in won't compare to an 6-10 year NFL career financially.

From a parent of another player on Drob's BB team. The brother is loving the attention, that should be pretty obvious, maybe he is telling different sites different stories. But you tell me, why would a kid who has always been a WR, who knows he isn't going to the NFL as a RB, want to change to RB from a life lone career of being a WR? The parent just said it was really down to ND and UGA with Drob wanting UGA, Carlos wanting ND and Mom considering what each offers. Really ironic part of this is no matter where Drob goes, if he is what people think he is he is gone in 3 years. Whatever field he decides to major in won't compare to an 6-10 year NFL career financially.
He was actually more of a RB in highschool, it's all over his film he very rarely played WR at his school from what I know, but I will agree WR seems like the more reasonable position in college. from what I understand at GT he will be running the ball and recieveing if he does go to GT, but I do see what you are saying.

He was actually more of a RB in highschool, it's all over his film he very rarely played WR at his school from what I know, but I will agree WR seems like the more reasonable position in college. from what I understand at GT he will be running the ball and recieveing if he does go to GT, but I do see what you are saying.

My opinion is this on him, Bama's academic rating is near 100 and puts them out, Stanford has the highest academic rating but is 3k miles away, plus as of yet he can't get in. Tech has an academic rating near ND, top 20, Tech is also the closest to mom but their offense is the worst fit for him. ND provides an offense he can shine in, plus the academics but are 6-8 hours away. UGA is around 60 academically, provides the offense he can shine in, a little over an hour from home, plus he has quite a few longtime friends in the frosh class. If he intends to make Georgia his home, the ND degree would not carry anymore value than the UGA degree. Like I said, if he does the official this weekend with his family like he has planned I feel confident he signs with UGA, if he doesn't he signs with ND. With our WR situation he could be a first game starter, we only return 1 with more than 10 catches, of course if Lambert is going to start I am taking the season off and spending it at the cabin.

My opinion is this on him, Bama's academic rating is near 100 and puts them out, Stanford has the highest academic rating but is 3k miles away, plus as of yet he can't get in. Tech has an academic rating near ND, top 20, Tech is also the closest to mom but their offense is the worst fit for him. ND provides an offense he can shine in, plus the academics but are 6-8 hours away. UGA is around 60 academically, provides the offense he can shine in, a little over an hour from home, plus he has quite a few longtime friends in the frosh class. If he intends to make Georgia his home, the ND degree would not carry anymore value than the UGA degree. Like I said, if he does the official this weekend with his family like he has planned I feel confident he signs with UGA, if he doesn't he signs with ND. With our WR situation he could be a first game starter, we only return 1 with more than 10 catches, of course if Lambert is going to start I am taking the season off and spending it at the cabin.
I agree with most but the GT not a good fit, I think he would shine but just in a different way, imo he would be used more of an offensive untility player, but I could be wrong. I could just see the offense being centered around him at GT. If he's not coming to GT though I hope he signs with ND, great academics and football program.

I think you are wrong about the ND degree vs UGA even in Georgia. Many larger corporations may be located in Georgia but there are a lot of transplants especially in Atlanta who know about ND. Then there is the rest of the world and 49 more states to consider.

I think you are wrong about the ND degree vs UGA even in Georgia. Many larger corporations may be located in Georgia but there are a lot of transplants especially in Atlanta who know about ND. Then there is the rest of the world and 49 more states to consider.

Could be, but I know lots of business owners in Georgia with UGA degrees and huge donors who will take care of UGA alumni. I won't argue the other states, but I feel I am correct about the state of Georgia.

Could be, but I know lots of business owners in Georgia with UGA degrees and huge donors who will take care of UGA alumni. I won't argue the other states, but I feel I am correct about the state of Georgia.
Well living here in Canada I will agree you likely know more about your home state than I do! I do have three cousins who live in Atlanta though so not totally without any insight!

Well living here in Canada I will agree you likely know more about your home state than I do! I do have three cousins who live in Atlanta though so not totally without any insight!

Not my favorite part of the state, mostly because traffic is awful from about 6 AM until 9 PM. I know not as large as some cities but its just a mess anytime during the day. Just not my thing, hope your cousins enjoy living there.

I have to agree with the first assertion that a Georgia degree would be respected sufficiently in the state to provide all kinds of opportunities, even when compared to ND with its higher ranking.

Yes, ND has a great reputation but it will not get much more respect than Georgia unless the person making the hiring decision has first hand knowledge of ND graduates. This is the part of the so-called 40-year decision that is misleading; Notre Dame will not necessarily get more respect than home state universities. Just because Holtz tried to sell ND using this argument didn't make it true then nor is it necessarily true now, certainly to students lacking a close relationship to a ND alum. Location and the specific field of study have a significant influence.

The flagship university in every state is generally at the top for providing new hires in all fields. I would be interested in how Georgia and Georgia Tech compare in the state.

I have to agree with the first assertion that a Georgia degree would be respected sufficiently in the state to provide all kinds of opportunities, even when compared to ND with its higher ranking.

Yes, ND has a great reputation but it will not get much more respect than Georgia unless the person making the hiring decision has first hand knowledge of ND graduates. This is the part of the so-called 40-year decision that is misleading; Notre Dame will not necessarily get more respect than home state universities. Just because Holtz tried to sell ND using this argument didn't make it true then nor is it necessarily true now, certainly to students lacking a close relationship to a ND alum. Location and the specific field of study have a significant influence.

The flagship university in every state is generally at the top for providing new hires in all fields. I would be interested in how Georgia and Georgia Tech compare in the state.

The Tech poster obviously knows more about Tech's curriculum than me, but in engineering, technology and architect Tech is obviously better thought of except maybe agricultural architect. But in other fields like law, medicine, business and journalism UGA is better. Until recently UGA didn't offer engineering, I am not sure if Tech offers law or medicine. In field, job seekers don't really go head to head much because of their different curriculums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT