ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson skipping Georgia visit this weekend?

Let me get this straight. This kid cant get into Stanford so he runs home to mommy and GT. He will be a real gamer. LOL
Lol you have no clue about anything with him, nor does anyone else, but the ones close to him. the kid has been very secretive and everything we all hear is just pure speculation.

We always get bumped down on USNews because of our limited majors. We're a STEM school. Notre Dame has all kinds of touchy, feely liberal arts majors you can hide football players in to get an easy degree, just like Duke.
Idiot and look how much these 'touch feely' majors project to in 10 years!!
Let me start off by saying I'm not here to argue, just giving some insight to a question you asked and some statements you made. First you say ND is better than GT in academics, I agree to some extent, but it's kind of comparing apples to oranges. ND and GT are known for two totally different fields, also GT grads imo have better opportunity because of it being in Atlanta. Now to the Robertson talk, you asked a very simple question "why would a top HS WR want to play at GT" another poster answered by giving names of GT WR'S in the pros, Calvin is a mute argument since he was not under Paul Johnson, you responded by saying you don't care about the pros, which is not even the point, the point is a kid would want to play for GT because they put kids in the NFL, I think that's a pretty simple concept to understand. More reasons a kid might want to play for GT? GT gives the opportunity for WR'S to have one on one match ups, they also teach kids how to block better than most college teams which is great for the pros, they also have a chance to have bigger plays made deep down field. GT had a down year this past year obviously but if you are going to use stats of our passing ranking you might want to do more research. In 2009 GT was ranked 113th and ND was ranked 9th. Yet the difference in recieving yards from our top WR (demaryius Thomas) and yalls (golden Tate) was only 342 yards Thomas averaged 25.1 yards per catch, Tate 16.1, and we see which has had a better carer as a pro. If you go by will fuller compared to Thomas he only had 103 reciving yards more, but he did play one less game (I'm going by fullers stats for this year), and he only averaged around 1.5 more catches than Thomas. When GT Has a big time play maker at WR they get him the ball.all these other teams are ranked so high in passing yards per game, but it really doesn't matter because they are throwing to 4 or 5 guys, when GT is targeting one main guy and that's why we can be ranked so low yet have a guy with numbers that match teams ranked way higher than us. I don't see anyone saying why would he want to play for uga either, yet they were ranked over 100 this year in passing. For what it's worth though Robertson will more than likely get the ball more at GT than any other school because he will be moved around from a back and WR imo. Once again not trying to argue just giving some insight, I have nothin against ND and I actually think yall have some classy fans, I was there for the game this year.
Better school and much better QB's on ND's roster

Idiot and look how much these 'touch feely' majors project to in 10 years!!

Better school and much better QB's on ND's roster
A QB is nothing till he proves himself lol. None of the QB'S on yalls roster has had as good of a year as Justin Thomas in 2014. Once again I'm not here to argue I actually think ND is a good school and football program.

JT cannot pass well enough. The opposition figured that out in '15; but apparently it was not apparent to everyone.

A QB is nothing till he proves himself lol. None of the QB'S on yalls roster has had as good of a year as Justin Thomas in 2014. Once again I'm not here to argue I actually think ND is a good school and football program.
Justin is a Running back. ZERO of playing on Sundays' and an awful passer

For the record, Calvin Johnson and Demayrius Thomas both played at Georgia Tech. Point being that talented players will make it to the NFL if they're good enough. Robertson would touch the ball a myriad of ways in the Georgia Tech offense.

Reactions: Techwreck47
JT cannot pass well enough. The opposition figured that out in '15; but apparently it was not apparent to everyone.
I agree he's not the best passer but GT just signed 2 pretty good passers I just hope it translates to college. He was also being chased everytime he dropped back to pass this year so that hurt his passing pretty bad.

Nothing wrong with GTECH as a destination spot for any kid IMO.

Good school , good city and Paul Johnson is a very solid coach.

If you're a playmaker he'll get you the ball.

Two years ago they were a double digit win Program and ran the SEC out of the stadium in their bowl game.

For the record, Calvin Johnson and Demayrius Thomas both played at Georgia Tech. Point being that talented players will make it to the NFL if they're good enough. Robertson would touch the ball a myriad of ways in the Georgia Tech offense.
Except as a pass catcher.

Lol you have no clue about anything with him, nor does anyone else, but the ones close to him. the kid has been very secretive and everything we all hear is just pure speculation.

based on obfuscation of the situation: your mostly right but I would also include the Swish Fam Robertsons in that catagory.

In the end best bet JMO: UGA or Bama or a late entry!

Bear in mind the ND fans were hyped by the 2 guys that CB'd Kelly, JMcC, Alloway and hyped Davis and others to boost interest and garner subscription.
But anyones guess is as good as any others'.

Except as a pass catcher.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with how he was used in High School or not, so I'm going to assume you're not and let you know that he played in an offense very similar to GA Tech's in a position like GA Tech's A-Back whereas he carried the ball most of the time and only was used as a receiver once or twice a game, which is exactly how he'd be used as an A-Back for GA Tech.

However, just for the record, GA Tech's receivers who play for Paul Johnson have been know to go for over 1,000 yards in a season (i.e. Demaryius Thomas), and are known by NFL Scouts as being unselfish and for their blocking abilities, which is highly desirable. This is exactly why Paul Johnson has put so many WR's into the NFL.

Very few passes and ND would use him in more ways! Plus he would get a better education
Although Yall are ranked higher in education I highly doubt he would get a better education with Yall because he wants to go for engendering which is what we are know for. Also you must be missing everyone else's comments, he wouldn't be just used as a WR but he would get the ball multiple ways.

Although Yall are ranked higher in education I highly doubt he would get a better education with Yall because he wants to go for engendering which is what we are know for. Also you must be missing everyone else's comments, he wouldn't be just used as a WR but he would get the ball multiple ways.

Yeah, unfortunately, Notre Dame does not have an engendering major.

Reactions: Classic Irish
So has there been any recent news on a timeline for his decision? Is he still planning on visiting Georgia?

I rarely say this about any school, but GT is solid school and I would never disparage any kid for choosing to play there. In today's job market, it really makes a lot of sense for a kid to make that choice. Of course I would argue to this kid that he could get an engineering degree at ND and that will be enough to get him in most doors.

None of this will matter, my bet is Stanford will find a way to get him in. It's a private school and they can do whatever they want. Especially when the kid comes with 5 stars...

Very few passes and ND would use him in more ways! Plus he would get a better education

I hold a degree from Notre Dame and I'm very proud of my alma mater. However, this statement is pure academic snobbery. There are distinguished graduates from both schools, and this concept that you succeed based on the quality of the school alone is garbage.

I'm not saying that all programs are equal, but Tech is a quality institution and certainly not a football factory. It's also a high quality engineering school. We compete with schools who absolve their athletes of any academic responsibility with ballroom dance, golf and AIDS awareness classes to be sure, but I also know people from ND who were content to work at Kinkos once they graduated.

Slamming these kids for whatever reason is petty, but insulting a kid for picking a strong academic school and making his mom happy, is insulting those ideals we pretend to hold dear all over this board. This kid will be what he chooses to make of himself, more power to him for following his heart and not some ranking on USNews.

ballroom dance, golf classes

I must take issue with this. I was forced to take one semester of PE in college. I chose golf. There have been MANY DAYS when I think ballroom dance would have been a better choice. And so I respect any student that makes that choice.

I must take issue with this. I was forced to take one semester of PE in college. I chose golf. There have been MANY DAYS when I think ballroom dance would have been a better choice. And so I respect any student that makes that choice.

Take whatever issue you wish. Then go look up Katzenmoyers diploma curriculum, and let me know if you really think that's the point I'm making.

Ok, we can converse your way. I don't give 2 sh*ts about
'Katzenmoyers diploma curriculum" nor the point your making really. I can tell you that you make your own point regarding your elitist, petty. and snobby attitude.

Were we to meet on the street, I would prefer not to engage you. Life is too short.

Ok, we can converse your way. I don't give 2 sh*ts about
'Katzenmoyers diploma curriculum" nor the point your making really. I can tell you that you make your own point regarding your elitist, petty. and snobby attitude.

Were we to meet on the street, I would prefer not to engage you. Life is too short.

Apparently you do care. If not, let's not wait till we meet on the street, you can disengage now.

As for childish name calling, if you don't know who Andy Katzenmoyer is and why it's relevant, I can understand why you are confused if you think I'm "elitist, petty and snobby."

Reactions: Classic Irish
? You engage me with an attack on my post, then insult me, then engage again, suggesting I not engage.

I can't help but repeat that were we to meet on the street, I would prefer not to engage you. Life is too short.

You might have been better off with a dance, golf, or AIDS study class. Or an African American experience course. It might give you an idea of what else is happening in the world outside of your narrow little gutter in life.

Whatever you took in school, you project zero charisma or likeability. You have no right to question another person's college experience or suggest he did not get out of it what YOU would expect. You should call your alma mater wherever it is and ask for your money back.

BTW I'm giving you another benefit of the doubt suggesting your ugly world view is the fault of a school. When we all know you're horrible and miserable of your own doing.

the kid is just teasing GT fans and enjoying the process. right now nobody knows where he is going as he could end up signing with the buckeyes for all we know

the kid is just teasing GT fans and enjoying the process. right now nobody knows where he is going as he could end up signing with the buckeyes for all we know

I don't think he's teasing Georgia Tech fans---I think he's seriously considering them. Robertson is from Georgia and seemingly is interested in academics, so I assume he is seriously considering the Yellow Jackets. But he's also considering ND, Alabama, and Georgia. It seems that Stanford is out, though others can attest to that.

Last edited:
I always hate coming to another school's site hoping to find and lurk on interesting discussion - really just to see where they're coming from, what way they're leaning, see if I can get a feel for what the "insiders" are saying without paying for it.... - and then finding Tech fans trolling and making asses of themselves, and taking up the whole thread with it.

Guys and ladies, quit.

ND, Stanford, and GT are all exceptional schools. They have some notable differences - ND has a much more storied football history (as well as a much shinier football present) than the other two; Stanford may have the most gorgeous campus, surrounding area, and is at the top of every single discipline they have; GT is one of the world's best engineering and research schools (but honestly below the other two outside those majors).

Football wise, it is undeniable that ND and Stanford's offenses are more attractive to WR's - players at that position tend to want catch balls, not block on 80% of plays. By the same token, I believe GT has put more WRs in the NFL (under CPJ) than the other two - with four (Demaryious Thomas (1st, Broncos), Kevin Cone (UDFA with the Falcons), Stephen Hill (1st, Jets), DeAndre Smelter (4th, 49ers), and Darren Waller (6th, Ravens). ND fans, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The odd part - for GT - is that Demetrius Robertson is being recruited as an A-back, a position that has not yet had anyone be drafted out of it.

Quit being dicks, GT fans. This is not our board. Be guests like your momma taught you to be, assuming you're from the South.

I always hate coming to another school's site hoping to find and lurk on interesting discussion - really just to see where they're coming from, what way they're leaning, see if I can get a feel for what the "insiders" are saying without paying for it.... - and then finding Tech fans trolling and making asses of themselves, and taking up the whole thread with it.

Guys and ladies, quit.

ND, Stanford, and GT are all exceptional schools. They have some notable differences - ND has a much more storied football history (as well as a much shinier football present) than the other two; Stanford may have the most gorgeous campus, surrounding area, and is at the top of every single discipline they have; GT is one of the world's best engineering and research schools (but honestly below the other two outside those majors).

Football wise, it is undeniable that ND and Stanford's offenses are more attractive to WR's - players at that position tend to want catch balls, not block on 80% of plays. By the same token, I believe GT has put more WRs in the NFL (under CPJ) than the other two - with four (Demaryious Thomas (1st, Broncos), Kevin Cone (UDFA with the Falcons), Stephen Hill (1st, Jets), DeAndre Smelter (4th, 49ers), and Darren Waller (6th, Ravens). ND fans, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. The odd part - for GT - is that Demetrius Robertson is being recruited as an A-back, a position that has not yet had anyone be drafted out of it.

Quit being dicks, GT fans. This is not our board. Be guests like your momma taught you to be, assuming you're from the South.
Chill my friend, yes some GT fans have been jerks on this, but so have some ND fans. As for which school has more history I will have to disagree and say GT has just as much as ND. Also no one really knows what position GT is recruiting him at, it's just speculation some say a back and some say WR, and it could even be both. And just because they block a lot does not mean a kid wouldn't want to be a WR at GT pro scouts have actually said it's a good thing about GT because the kids learn how to block. If the recruit is good enough and he plays WR at GT he can have the oppurtunity to match stats from some of the bigger WR'S in college, that's not my opinion but a fact as shown by prior GT receivers. I'm not here to argue as I have stated in this thread before, and I believe some GT fans have been rude on this site. Let's be honest no matter which school he chooses if it's GT ND or Stanford he's going to get a great education and have the chance at making the NFL, and honestly all of our opinions mean nothing as far as his recruiting goes. If he goes to ND or Stanford I will have nothing but high expectations for him and believe he will do great at either school as well as GT.

The GT fans visiting seem a pretty great bunch and again I have great respect for the school. We get some special levels of loon in here from other schools, yours are a refreshing change.

I think the kid is Stanford bound for the following reasons:
1. When was the last time Stanford turned down a 5* player that comes this close to qualifying?
2. Ever been to Palo Alto? It's an amazing place on its own. Then you drive around the community and see Google, Apple, Yahoo, Oracle, Netflix, Facebook, Tesla HQ's all around you. One after another every tech heavyweight is there.
3. If he enjoys his ganja, even if only after the game to help kill the pain, this is a no brainer.
4. Weather

I think he's a tree.

Appreciate GT but your comment is preposterous on so many levels as to provide a healthy dose of mirth...thank you for that.

Chill my friend, yes some GT fans have been jerks on this, but so have some ND fans. As for which school has more history I will have to disagree and say GT has just as much as ND. Also no one really knows what position GT is recruiting him at, it's just speculation some say a back and some say WR, and it could even be both. And just because they block a lot does not mean a kid wouldn't want to be a WR at GT pro scouts have actually said it's a good thing about GT because the kids learn how to block. If the recruit is good enough and he plays WR at GT he can have the oppurtunity to match stats from some of the bigger WR'S in college, that's not my opinion but a fact as shown by prior GT receivers. I'm not here to argue as I have stated in this thread before, and I believe some GT fans have been rude on this site. Let's be honest no matter which school he chooses if it's GT ND or Stanford he's going to get a great education and have the chance at making the NFL, and honestly all of our opinions mean nothing as far as his recruiting goes. If he goes to ND or Stanford I will have nothing but high expectations for him and believe he will do great at either school as well as GT.

Appreciate GT but your comment is preposterous on so many levels as to provide a healthy dose of mirth...thank you for that.
If that's what you want to believe....
just a question, I don't know but a little about ND history, so what makes the history for ND better than GT history?

Last edited:
If that's what you want to believe....
just a question, I don't know but a little about ND history, so what makes the history for ND better than GT history?

Eleven consensus National Championships, ranked first in all time winning percentage, seven Heisman Trophy winners, the most consensus All-Americans, and the most College Football Hall of Fame inductees. Also coaches Knute Rockne and Frank Leahy rank first and second in all time winning percentage. How does Georgia Tech stack up in regards to your football history?

Last edited:
Reactions: captstabbin
? You engage me with an attack on my post, then insult me, then engage again, suggesting I not engage.

I can't help but repeat that were we to meet on the street, I would prefer not to engage you. Life is too short.

You might have been better off with a dance, golf, or AIDS study class. Or an African American experience course. It might give you an idea of what else is happening in the world outside of your narrow little gutter in life.

Whatever you took in school, you project zero charisma or likeability. You have no right to question another person's college experience or suggest he did not get out of it what YOU would expect. You should call your alma mater wherever it is and ask for your money back.

BTW I'm giving you another benefit of the doubt suggesting your ugly world view is the fault of a school. When we all know you're horrible and miserable of your own doing.

Yes, keep telling me that you don't care what I think. It's pretty clear you have a man-crush on me.

an insider named rusty is saying today that the Georgia visit is still on for next weekend I believe and that he thinks our irish are the leaders and also thinks a decision could come within ten days. things seem to change every few days for this kid and so I won't believe anything from anybody now until he actually commits to a school

Eleven consensus National Championships, ranked first in all time winning percentage, seven Heisman Trophy winners, the most consensus All-Americans, and the most College Football Hall of Fame inductees. Also coaches Knute Rockne and Frank Leahy rank first and second in all time winning percentage. How does Georgia Tech stack up in regards to your football history?
A lot of teams have hiseman winners and have won a lot of national championships, although that is history,when I think of history I think of things other teams have not done, which you showed me plenty of that in yalls winning percentage ect. We have the oldest stadium in cfb, we have won more home cfb games than any other team, the Heisman was named after one of our coaches, bobby Dodd coach of the year award is named after a coach of ours, we were the first team in the south to win a national championship. Honestly I think both teams have great history, and it's hard to say either is better than the other.

Delusional would be an understatement!!
What are you even talking about I asked a simple question. Are you one of those bias fans that are that delusional? I'm actually very honest when it comes to GT football everything I have said on this forum can not be disputed and that's why you have not done so, instead you have thrown out false accusations in the hope of making yourself think you are right or others think you are right. No where have I said anything "crazy" or said we had a better football team or anything of that manner. I actually have said many times good things about ND. Seems to me you are just trying to start stuff and making things up with nothing to back yourself up with because I was actually making sense and you didn't like that.

A lot of teams have hiseman winners and have won a lot of national championships, although that is history,when I think of history I think of things other teams have not done, which you showed me plenty of that in yalls winning percentage ect. We have the oldest stadium in cfb, we have won more home cfb games than any other team, the Heisman was named after one of our coaches, bobby Dodd coach of the year award is named after a coach of ours, we were the first team in the south to win a national championship. Honestly I think both teams have great history, and it's hard to say either is better than the other.

You're kidding, right? You honestly think what you listed is the equivalent of having the most Heisman winners, ELEVEN consensus National Championships, the all time highest winning percentage in college football history, two coaches with the highest winning percentage in college football history, the most inductees in the College Football Hall of Fame, and the most consensus All-Americans? With all due respect, what you're suggesting is laughable. Sorry, but I'd wager any team would rather have ND"s historical success than Georgia Tech's. If you're being serious, then we really having nothing to further to say.

You're kidding, right? You honestly think what you listed is the equivalent of having the most Heisman winners, ELEVEN consensus National Championships, the all time highest winning percentage in college football history, two coaches with the highest winning percentage in college football history, the most inductees in the College Football Hall of Fame, and the most consensus All-Americans? With all due respect, what you're suggesting is laughable. Sorry, but I'd wager any team would rather have ND"s historical success than Georgia Tech's. If you're being serious, then we really having nothing to further to say.
I was not aware that 7 was the most any team had in hiseman winners, also what I listed is not all of GT history (from what I understand) I don't know everything from back in the day for GT, if what I posted is everything for GT history than I will agree that the history at ND is greater than at GT. So I guess with me not knowing all of GT history it was an unfair assessment for me to say it was equal. No reason to get upset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT