ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson skipping Georgia visit this weekend?

At this point and time if he is still taking visits that only means he does not consider ND his #1 option. As I stated in a previous thread highly ranked recruits that take this long eventually go elsewhere (less stringent academic requirements). If he was really considering ND he would have made a decision by now. He is basing his decision on things not related to academics and that is clear. Oh well onto next year.

ND has never been his number one option! He has been very upfront in saying Stanford is his first choice. The fact he didn't qualify for Stanford sent all the experts into the ND crystal ball mode. He chose to retake the SAT and if he improves sufficiently and gets accepted to Stanford, that's where he will go. We are a back up plan, and not sure we are plan B or C, but we should know soon

Let the young man make his decision his own way. Just because he is a week or two behind other athletes doesn't mean he is going to make a bad decision or will be like a few other head cases that couldn't make up their mind.

Perhaps he is wiser because he is extending the process and not letting people pressure him into a hasty decision. Good on him for sticking to his guns. Hopefully that means he'll see ND as the best option he has!

Reactions: ChiIrish and 88ND
His HS basketball team is in the playoffs this weekend. Cant commit to a visit until after his basketball season is over.

Best guess, if the SAT does not cut the mustard for SU, then UGA and Bama get 'looks';
if he does those visits, then how much does he really want ND?
Stanford and ND are opposite sides of the spectrum from UGA and Ala.

"... because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind."
James1:6

Last edited:
I feel bad for the kid because i'm reading that he has family members trying to pull him in all directions school choice wise. the brothers are wanting certain schools while the mom and sister are trying to pull him in a different direction

Can't fault the kid for wanting to wait to see if he can qualify for Stanford. He could go to any school he want's to. It's obvious academics are important to him. I wish him nothing but success wherever he lands!

Reactions: 88ND
I feel bad for the kid because i'm reading that he has family members trying to pull him in all directions school choice wise. the brothers are wanting certain schools while the mom and sister are trying to pull him in a different direction

The family members should let him make his own decision.

Reactions: Pennick4 and 88ND
He simple wants the best education he can get - Oxford and Cambridge are not attainable but maybe Stanford is. His fallback schools are Georgia and ND. You can't fault him for trying to ameliorate the situation.

was there a kid that waited this long after NLI signing day that had a "big" career?
There have not been many, but the few I recall did not turn out to live up to the hype.
(Brown, Neal, Pryor and of course everyone's whipping boy, Lorig)
From recent accounts, this one is looking deep into Mar.
I can envision a challenge to the NFL draft in his future.

Football is a 'team' game. You want the best 11, not the 11 best.
or
Fail to plan, plan to fail.

Last edited:
Hard to know what to make of all this but it does seem like the poor kid is getting pulled in many directions. Purely based on conjecture it appears as if mom is trying to get the daughter a better situation based off his skills.

And since he has a guardian and doesn't live with mom it just makes you wonder, not necessarily like Cam Newtons situation but all these scheduled visits getting cancelled- is he setting them up because his mom wants his daughter at these schools and knows she wouldn't there without him and he's trying to appease her but he and his guardian are trying to stick to the academic schools (Stanford clearly being the top)? Who knows but actions speak louder than words and all these cancellations lead me to believe he's not that interested but trying to appease a mother that he doesn't even live with. He can say it's his hoops team but if he really wanted to visit at any point he would have made it I'm sure.

Hard to know what to make of all this but it does seem like the poor kid is getting pulled in many directions. Purely based on conjecture it appears as if mom is trying to get the daughter a better situation based off his skills.

And since he has a guardian and doesn't live with mom it just makes you wonder, not necessarily like Cam Newtons situation but all these scheduled visits getting cancelled- is he setting them up because his mom wants his daughter at these schools and knows she wouldn't there without him and he's trying to appease her but he and his guardian are trying to stick to the academic schools (Stanford clearly being the top)? Who knows but actions speak louder than words and all these cancellations lead me to believe he's not that interested but trying to appease a mother that he doesn't even live with. He can say it's his hoops team but if he really wanted to visit at any point he would have made it I'm sure.

It is my understanding that he's visited Georgia (unofficially) many times. He apparently received his SAT scores yesterday. I'm curious to see what happens in the next few days.

He had visited a number of times yes, but he's cancelled every single one within the last 4-6 weeks whether it's uga or bama. We'll know soon if Stanford gets a visit.

^ the more the obfucscationalmechiginations, the less it would seem there is ND appeal.
ND offers education and opportunity, without gimmickry.

(re post SAT, word is he is working on his 5 essays! One might have thought that that was already prepared in precationary preparation of fulfilling a dream opportunity; would SU offer Sis, to get a football prospect? Has Sis worked on her SAT score and essays?)

Last edited:
^ the more the obfucstionalmechiginations, the less it would seem there is ND appeal.
ND offers education and opportunity, without gimmickry.
. I'm not making any predictions but it's clear its Stanford then everyone else. After that it's going to be chaos but his brother (and perhaps him since he's the one retaking sats) seems to be well intentioned with academics while his mother.... Just wants to help his sister. No judgment there but when you see a kid getting pushed and pulled, you look at his actions and the motivations of others. Who knows you know?

Try reading a book or watching a movie it's infinitely more interesting that having a conversation about a 17 yr old making his mind up about where he wants to play football ---- besides weren't you the one who said ENOUGH about Robertson scuttle butt -- now here you are a week later jerking off on a message board about the very thing you were complaining about .

Don't you have other interests ??

was there a kid that waited this long after NLI signing day that had a "big" career?
There have not been many, but the few I recall did not turn out to live up to the hype.
(Brown, Neal, Pryor and of course everyone's whipping boy, Lorig)
From recent accounts, this one is looking deep into Mar.
I can envision a challenge to the NFL draft in his future.

Football is a 'team' game. You want the best 11, not the 11 best.
or
Fail to plan, plan to fail.
What about theBaker kid a few years back ended up at Purdue i believe. Never panned out.

I can't read the full article.. But that's what I read on the Georgia board:

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Change-of-plans-for-Five-Star-43634713

His BB team won Wed night, he is playing tonight, if they win tonight he plays Saturday. People who actually know him don't think he leaves the south. Stanford was never Drob's first choice, it was the brother's. Bama was his first choice, he was committed to them for nearly a year. But if he loses tonight he says he is coming tomorrow and staying to Monday and probably visiting Bama midweek. If he wins both days he says he is pushed back another couple of weeks.

Mom has stepped in and made the visit to Georgia Tech, loves its 30 minutes from her and the academics and said distance was a big issue with her. UGA and Bama have both offered his twin sister a track scholarship. The biggest news is mom wants him close to home.

He had visited a number of times yes, but he's cancelled every single one within the last 4-6 weeks whether it's uga or bama. We'll know soon if Stanford gets a visit.

Stanford is not getting a visit, UGA and Bama will be the visits if he takes them. When or if he takes them depends on how long his BB team keeps winning in the state tournament. The issue going on here is the brother wants Stanford and ND was his backup play, Drob wants to play in the SEC, Mom wants him close to home. Three different people with 3 different number 1's. With Stanford out ND is Carlos's top choice, Mom visiting and loving the academics and distance from home and Bama being Drob's number 1. UGA is only in it because he is close friends with several of our signees. Don't think he comes to ND, too far for Mom, won't shock me to see Mom win out and he goes to Tech.

Reactions: Size14
ND has plenty of offensive talent. If he comes then more. If he doesn't then we will enjoy the players ND has without looking back.

I wonder what happens to the Sis's scholarship if O.DRob falls flat or gets injured?

What is the deal with the brother/Mom guardianship thing. Are DR and his brother estranged from Mom? How does Mom make the demands for a scholarship for the Sis?

I doubt ND would go the route where a scholarship would be extorted or offerred as a gratuity relating to a recruit. If she earned an academic schol or athletic schol on her merits then ND would be willing. But UGA and Bama would have no problem in either situation. Ugh, recruiting!
Odd Meyer nor Harbaugh or worse Mora have not reared their ugly heads in this one.

Last edited:
Stanford is not getting a visit, UGA and Bama will be the visits if he takes them. When or if he takes them depends on how long his BB team keeps winning in the state tournament. The issue going on here is the brother wants Stanford and ND was his backup play, Drob wants to play in the SEC, Mom wants him close to home. Three different people with 3 different number 1's. With Stanford out ND is Carlos's top choice, Mom visiting and loving the academics and distance from home and Bama being Drob's number 1. UGA is only in it because he is close friends with several of our signees. Don't think he comes to ND, too far for Mom, won't shock me to see Mom win out and he goes to Tech.
I don't know why you spend so much time on an ND site. You might be right in the end but you've been sooooo wrong about the details up to this point that you really have no credibility left. There were a few little thing you've been called out for missing but the big one is you maintained he definitely visited bama, a bunch of reporters say he cancelled and you still maintained he did the finally admit he never made it.

Im sure if he chooses bama or uga you will come back but his mom seems like an afterthought and he's just appeasing her, and reality is he could have committed to bama or uga a long time ago. So even if big bro is driving the Stanford bus, he won out over momma because he retook the test and made everyone wait.

You can jabber on and on about hoops and his mom but she's coatailing it here based on the kids actions. Doesn't mean he won't end up south in the end, but you might as well wait for your told you so moment and save it all.

Let me just add I'm not holding my breath for him to be Irish. Just so we're clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennick4
I don't know why you spend so much time on an ND site. You might be right in the end but you've been sooooo wrong about the details up to this point that you really have no credibility left. There were a few little thing you've been called out for missing but the big one is you maintained he definitely visited bama, a bunch of reporters say he cancelled and you still maintained he did the finally admit he never made it.

Im sure if he chooses bama or uga you will come back but his mom seems like an afterthought and he's just appeasing her, and reality is he could have committed to bama or uga a long time ago. So even if big bro is driving the Stanford bus, he won out over momma because he retook the test and made everyone wait.

You can jabber on and on about hoops and his mom but she's coatailing it here based on the kids actions. Doesn't mean he won't end up south in the end, but you might as well wait for your told you so moment and save it all.

Let me just add I'm not holding my breath for him to be Irish. Just so we're clear.

I don't think he is choosing UGA, or ND. Drob has wanted Bama from the beginning, was committed to them for a year. The deal with Mom is she doesn't like Bama, I am afraid he ends up at Tech, she fell in love with that dump because of their academics, and they are good, and its the closest to her. Carlos having guardianship is to get around GHSA transfer and eligibity rules, lots of that goes on in Georgia, but usually it is a grandparent and not a sibling.

I don't think he is choosing UGA, or ND. Drob has wanted Bama from the beginning, was committed to them for a year. The deal with Mom is she doesn't like Bama, I am afraid he ends up at Tech, she fell in love with that dump because of their academics, and they are good, and its the closest to her. Carlos having guardianship is to get around GHSA transfer and eligibity rules, lots of that goes on in Georgia, but usually it is a grandparent and not a sibling.

I can't fathom why the best high school WR would consider Paul Johnson's offense at Georgia Tech. I realize the academics are good, but they throw the ball five times a game in that offense. And ND is a better school academically.

Two top 5 receivers in the league are GT, one who is retiring a HOF this year. A third went first round just 2 years ago in Stephen hill. Another WR out CPJ signed as free agent for the Falcons 5 years ago. He will play running back for GT if he comes as he already plays the same position in HS. His offense in HS is similar to GT if you've watched his highlights. NFL will find talent as you see with a bunch of 1-AA players in the league. All about where he and his family are most comfortable.

Two top 5 receivers in the league are GT, one who is retiring a HOF this year.

And these two played soley in Paul Johnson's offense, not Chan Gailey's?

You can suggest that Paul Johnson runs a pass-friendly offense that favors WRs, but I doubt you will find many people who will agree with you.

Last edited:
And these two played soley in Paul Johnson's offense, not Chan Gailey's?

You can suggest that Paul Johnson runs a pass-friendly offense that favors WRs, but I doubt you will find many people who will agree with you.

Actually One did and his name is Demerius Thomas who is maybe the top paid WR in the league. GT also had deandre smelter go 4th round last year and had Darren Waller go 6th round last year. That's 4 WR drafted since 2008 in Paul Johnsons tenure. Only UGA and USC have better...you may want to pick a different fight...cuz you can't slam facts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT