ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson skipping Georgia visit this weekend?

I was not aware that 7 was the most any team had in hiseman winners, also what I listed is not all of GT history (from what I understand) I don't know everything from back in the day for GT, if what I posted is everything for GT history than I will agree that the history at ND is greater than at GT. So I guess with me not knowing all of GT history it was an unfair assessment for me to say it was equal. No reason to get upset.

Not upset. Just fundamentally disagree. And please don't mistake my comments as belittling Georgia Tech. That was not my intention at all. I attended the 2006 ND-GT game in Atlanta and was treated well and had a great time.

Not upset. Just fundamentally disagree. And please don't mistake my comments as belittling Georgia Tech. That was not my intention at all. I attended the 2006 ND-GT game in Atlanta and was treated well and had a great time.
I didn't take it that way all all. I was at the game this past year and ND fans were very nice and were helpful getting around. I did look up the most winning percentage coaches and Yall have the number 2 and 3 and one of them was a coach at another school as well. Not taking away from anything, ND definitely has some awesome rich history. But Rudy was still offsides lol.

I didn't take it that way all all. I was at the game this past year and ND fans were very nice and were helpful getting around. I did look up the most winning percentage coaches and Yall have the number 2 and 3 and one of them was a coach at another school as well. Not taking away from anything, ND definitely has some awesome rich history. But Rudy was still offsides lol.

I should have clarified: if you're referring to Larry Kehres of Mt. Union, that's Division III. Frank Leahy coached two years at Boston College before coming to ND.

Glad you were treated well at last year's game, hopefully after the game, too.

Reactions: Techwreck47
So where is the announcement? Truck blocking his driveway? LOL. Sounds like somebody is trying to broker a better deal.

I should have clarified: if you're referring to Larry Kehres of Mt. Union, that's Division III. Frank Leahy coached two years at Boston College before coming to ND.

Glad you were treated well at last year's game, hopefully after the game, too.
Just found out GT is the first to win all 4 of the major bowls, we are also one of the top teams in bowl winning percentages for teams that have played in a good amount of bowl games. We also had a winning streak of 26-0-2 but was ended my ND. (how ironic) the assistant coach of the award is also named after a coach from GT and the and the AD of the year award. We are also one of a handful of teams that have won at least 7 of the 8 traditional bowls and UGA is the only to win all 8 I believe.

Last edited:
My first game at ND was the re-dedication game against GT in '97. ND hung on to win, but I've had a soft spot for Tech ever since. Quality school and a scrappy team.

My first game at ND was the re-dedication game against GT in '97. ND hung on to win, but I've had a soft spot for Tech ever since. Quality school and a scrappy team.

I was not at the game in Atlanta in 1976, but supposedly the Tech fans threw fish at the ND players on the sidelines. Pepper Rodgers was coaching the Yellow Jackets then. After ND lost, he came out and called ND players "fat cats" and other names.
The next year, in 1977, ND just whipped Tech 69-14. It was my senior year. As I recall, Devine left the starters in well into the second half, even though the game was well out of hand.
I should add that I attended the 2006 game in Atlanta and had no problems with the Tech fans at all.

I am a GT grad but did go to the last 2 games that GT played at ND. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at both games even though we did lose the first game in a close one. Terrific atmosphere and amazing storied history at ND for sure. Great campus to visit as long as it is a game early in the season when the weather is nice ! :) pleasant fans as well for the most part

That being said GT does have some amazing history as well as a cool campus vibe in an urban environment. I think you can't go wrong with either school, it's just whatever you prefer.

I will say that neither school has been up to par consistently as they used to be and neither has had a national championship since 1990, but here's to hoping it changes.

I am a ND fan and have been since I was 8 years old. With that being said, I applied to ND and did not get accepted so I went to UNC at Chapel Hill. I look at some of these comments and I get disgusted with the arrogance of the ND fan base and the alumni. All we ever hear is 40 year decision as the big selling point. Well, there are a lot of schools who can claim the same, especially GT. From an Engineering perspective, GT is the one of the top schools that ND cannot compete with. Mendoza is one of the top business schools that GT cannot compete with. Stanford is far and away the best academic institution across the board. I also don't understand why some of you put down Michigan, etc as inferior schools. Michigan is a great academic institution.

Just shut the hell up about how ND is a better decision for a young kid. It depends on his career objectives. Get off your high horses and start showing some respect for other educational institutions and the student-athlete preference.

^ your not the Boss of us!
but:
more and more it seems the kid will stay in the south; this is a Bama, UGA, GT battle developing.

I am a ND fan and have been since I was 8 years old. With that being said, I applied to ND and did not get accepted so I went to UNC at Chapel Hill. I look at some of these comments and I get disgusted with the arrogance of the ND fan base and the alumni. All we ever hear is 40 year decision as the big selling point. Well, there are a lot of schools who can claim the same, especially GT. From an Engineering perspective, GT is the one of the top schools that ND cannot compete with. Mendoza is one of the top business schools that GT cannot compete with. Stanford is far and away the best academic institution across the board. I also don't understand why some of you put down Michigan, etc as inferior schools. Michigan is a great academic institution.

Just shut the hell up about how ND is a better decision for a young kid. It depends on his career objectives. Get off your high horses and start showing some respect for other educational institutions and the student-athlete preference.

Pretty accurate assessment. Stanford has become a better football program than ND over the last 6 years. Thought that would never happen in my lifetime.

Pretty accurate assessment. Stanford has become a better football program than ND over the last 6 years. Thought that would never happen in my lifetime.

It's hard to argue with that statement. Makes one wonder, considering ND has out recruited Stanford by a mile during those years.

he may be considering going directly to tbe NFL; that would give him another 5-7 years to take SAT's and choose a college.

It's hard to argue with that statement. Makes one wonder, considering ND has out recruited Stanford by a mile during those years.

for the recent 6 year span, if you say that ND has out recruited SU and that SU has passed ND in football prominence then what are your reasons for this exchange of positions? Are you challenging the "sunshine pumpers" ?

for the recent 6 year span, if you say that ND has out recruited SU and that SU has passed ND in football prominence then what are your reasons for this exchange of positions? Are you challenging the "sunshine pumpers" ?

My reasons are not allowed to be openly discussed on this board, without a great deal of shaming and insulting from certain posters.

ah, yes the "censure team", very true, like 'The Sentinel' they are ever watching to do their dastardly
deed.

Ahhhh he's going to ND then. Unless GT decides to finish a game

he is in Athens again this weekend; and since he wants to settlebt end of Feb., and that there is clearly something he is not thrilled about re ND (weather, location), I think this trip ought settle the matter.
He and IzzyMac can reminisce about their recruitments!

he is in Athens again this weekend; and since he wants to settlebt end of Feb., and that there is clearly something he is not thrilled about re ND (weather, location), I think this trip ought settle the matter.
He and IzzyMac can reminisce about their recruitments!

He is taking SAT again. BB team is still playing, probably one more game because its getting down to the teams with entire AAU teams at one school. I would think that whoever it is advising him that if he is having a hard time getting in it won't be a cake walk staying in.

he is taking the SAT again? wow! what would the time table be then?
what happens to a kid with a year off between HS / College? does that affect eligibility?

Just like this kid is trying to plan his future, coaches are trying to formulate their teams. Football wise
this looks like a three and out agenda ( if he is as billed) so maybe the coaches are at a point where they have to look beyond him and focus on the kids they view as 'committed' from the heart and to the team. Their is no (i) in team.

At this point this is more an interestingly bizarre recruiting story than it is about a ND recruiting target.
I thought Eric Lorig's recruitment was the strangest ( and there was M Mustain too); this one could get to that degree obfuscation.

he is taking the SAT again? wow! what would the time table be then?
what happens to a kid with a year off between HS / College? does that affect eligibility?

Just like this kid is trying to plan his future, coaches are trying to formulate their teams. Football wise
this looks like a three and out agenda ( if he is as billed) so maybe the coaches are at a point where they have to look beyond him and focus on the kids they view as 'committed' from the heart and to the team. Their is no (i) in team.

Timeline now seems to be mid March. I don't know when or where he is taking SAT again. The really odd part is I don't know if his mother wants him that far away, she would be thrilled if he went to Tech, but word is that visit was a payback for being his first offer. I think Drob wants Bama, brother wants Stanford and mom wants Tech because she doesn't care about the football part of it, academics and distance is her thing.

ND should have told the kid their offer expires at midnight on signing day.

yes 247 says that this is going to drag out longer with him retaking the SATs in march. well respected insider wiltfong is still sticking to his prediction today that he'll be irish

And, we are discussing this here primarily because of 2 mods CB's made over a month ago. (these 2 CBers were anything but lights out in the homestretch). And then that truck stunt. Otherwise I doubt this gets the kind of attention from ND fans. ND has no 'champion' among the decision makers nor is the kid indicating any real luv toward ND.

I keep thinking that this was a four year project, not a 4 month project.

ND should have told the kid their offer expires at midnight on signing day.

If every school still recruiting him told him to walk you and I both know someone he isn't considering now would be in touch before midnight. Drob is a good player, but he plays in the smallest classification in Georgia, good players have come from that class over the years, but those guys led teams to state championships. Drobs team did't get close. He is a very good athlete, and someone is going to get a very good athlete, but he isn't a very good football player yet, he needs to be coached to that.

Right now he has all the power, once he signs and enrolls that all ends. To be honest about it, he may not sign anything and just show up in June as crazy as his recruitment has gotten.

as long as this drama is of no affect on the current commits or players on the team, then play on.

But if there is discussion or distraction within his projected position groups then best to say thanks but no thanks.
ND has plenty of skilled talent as is.

I am bewildered why, given the mindset and focus of the decision group how ND is a factor in all this?
How accurate is any of what we hear? My goodness, this kid was offered a scholarship at Notre Dame and has acted as if he will only go there as 'last resort'!

as long as this drama is of no affect on the current commits or players on the team, then play on.

But if there is discussion or distraction within his projected position groups then best to say thanks but no thanks.
ND has plenty of skilled talent as is.

I am bewildered why, given the mindset and focus of the decision group how ND is a factor in all this?
How accurate is any of what we hear? My goodness, this kid was offered a scholarship at Notre Dame and has acted as if he will only go there as 'last resort'!

If I tell you the feeling coming out of Savannah most here would think I am flaming. Stanford is the brother's number 1 choice, ND is probably his number 2. So it isn't a last resort deal. Drob is a good kid, but I don't think either are in his top 2 and I don't know how much effort he is putting into getting that test score, But I do think the longer it drags out the less likely it is he signs with ND.

If this was a DT or DE or even a LB like Davis then you go in and fight fight fight; but ND has talent at his targeted position groups. I hope the staff is focused on the incoming group of signed commits and the current roster, and spending only spare unimportant moments in this pursuit. In fact I hope the staff is looking at '17 DL recruits instead of this continuing charade. I hope the only time spent on this is the time we take to post here.

If every school still recruiting him told him to walk you and I both know someone he isn't considering now would be in touch before midnight. Drob is a good player, but he plays in the smallest classification in Georgia, good players have come from that class over the years, but those guys led teams to state championships. Drobs team did't get close. He is a very good athlete, and someone is going to get a very good athlete, but he isn't a very good football player yet, he needs to be coached to that.

Right now he has all the power, once he signs and enrolls that all ends. To be honest about it, he may not sign anything and just show up in June as crazy as his recruitment has gotten.
I think you can argue the fact that not kid is a good football player untill he proves himself at the next level. There has been plenty of big time guys not pan out.

I think you can argue the fact that not kid is a good football player untill he proves himself at the next level. There has been plenty of big time guys not pan out.

Just my opinion here, he plays at one of those small private schools that hasn't been one of the stellar programs so I don't think he has had the coaching he would have gotten at some of the bigger programs. His potential to be very good is very high thus the 5* ranking. But right now I don't think he is a 5* player, if that makes sense.

No offense to anyone on here with their "inside" info but honestly imo none of us know anything. GT is getting on type of inside info, ND another and UGA another. Everything is just speculation, the kid has been very quite compared to a lot of other recruits. I personal spoke with the Chaplin for GT football yesterday and he says we have a great chance yet on a UGA forum the word is he's not even really looking at us or them but I was also told he will be visiting UGA and that's never good for any of the other teams because they will role out the red carpet for him and be fresh on his mind. The only constant thing I have heard is that he's really high on academics and wanting some sort of engineering degree also that he will visit bama and UGA if Stanford does not work out. I am also hearing now that him taking the SAT again could be pure speculation. This is definitely a wild and fun one to watch.

No offense to anyone on here with their "inside" info but honestly imo none of us know anything. GT is getting on type of inside info, ND another and UGA another. Everything is just speculation, the kid has been very quite compared to a lot of other recruits. I personal spoke with the Chaplin for GT football yesterday and he says we have a great chance yet on a UGA forum the word is he's not even really looking at us or them but I was also told he will be visiting UGA and that's never good for any of the other teams because they will role out the red carpet for him and be fresh on his mind. The only constant thing I have heard is that he's really high on academics and wanting some sort of engineering degree also that he will visit bama and UGA if Stanford does not work out. I am also hearing now that him taking the SAT again could be pure speculation. This is definitely a wild and fun one to watch.

No offense meant here either, I don't think he wants to go to Stanford, that's all the brother. Mom would love to see him at Tech, but he wants no part of that offense. If Drob gets any say I don't think he goes to Stanford or GT, Stanford is too far and GT's offense isn't much to his liking.

Why does it matter what the brother thinks? Yes he should respect what his older brother says but he is not a minor, he is already 18 and will be 19 by the time he enrolls. Heck...why not come to the Toronto Argo's....he can enjoy a few beers legally after the game.

I like those selective stats. Lately the home team has won. When ND wins at home this season it will be split 3-3 the last six years.

Reactions: Bodizephax
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT