ADVERTISEMENT

Robertson skipping Georgia visit this weekend?

From a parent of another player on Drob's BB team. The brother is loving the attention, that should be pretty obvious, maybe he is telling different sites different stories. But you tell me, why would a kid who has always been a WR, who knows he isn't going to the NFL as a RB, want to change to RB from a life lone career of being a WR? The parent just said it was really down to ND and UGA with Drob wanting UGA, Carlos wanting ND and Mom considering what each offers. Really ironic part of this is no matter where Drob goes, if he is what people think he is he is gone in 3 years. Whatever field he decides to major in won't compare to an 6-10 year NFL career financially.
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/24/for-tech-encouraging-statement-from-demetris-robertson/

This is from the same interview on the UGA site I believe (could be wrong) but this part was left off. I just don't see why he would lie and say he doesn't want GT when he makes comments in an interview like this.

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/24/for-tech-encouraging-statement-from-demetris-robertson/

This is from the same interview on the UGA site I believe (could be wrong) but this part was left off. I just don't see why he would lie and say he doesn't want GT when he makes comments in an interview like this.

No, haven't seen that one before, I don't know why kids tell different reporters from different sites different stories, but lots of them do. I don't think he really wants to go to ND or Tech, both of those have rankings high enough to meet just about anyone's academic needs would you not agree to that? Both are top 20 schools out of who knows how many. He is planning on taking the SAT again March 5, still needing about 50 points. There really isn't enough difference in ND or Tech's rankings to mention as for as academics are concerned. ND does offer far more as for NFL developement than GT because of their offense. I hope he signs with us, but one thing I hope is after all this talk about academics, I hope he stays his 4 years and graduates and not leave for the NFL after 3 years regardless of where he goes. If he does that, then all this talk about academics has been nothing but BS.

Honestly I have no clue what he's wanting lol, for some reason he just canceled on UGA again and now is visiting Alabama. Imo he's probably already decided where he's going if Stanford doesn't work out, and even if he makes the score im not so sure he goes there. I think he's just trying to get the score so he can atleast take a look and make sure he's not missing anything, but it's possible he gets there and chooses a different school imo.

Honestly I have no clue what he's wanting lol, for some reason he just canceled on UGA again and now is visiting Alabama. Imo he's probably already decided where he's going if Stanford doesn't work out, and even if he makes the score im not so sure he goes there. I think he's just trying to get the score so he can atleast take a look and make sure he's not missing anything, but it's possible he gets there and chooses a different school imo.

He didn't cancel, coaches thought he was coming until it was reported he was at Bama. If he wasn't coming that's cool, but it is pretty disrespectful to tell the staff Thursday night he is coming and they the academic people lined up to answer the family's questions. And they are waiting on him to arrive and he is on the way to Bama. Bama is where Drob has wanted all alone, if he signs there it makes all this talk about academics being first complete BS, its the worst academically of the schools he looked at by a good bit. And in 2 years we will likely get to do this again, or someone will. If he isn't the center of Bama's offense and he won't be with Ridley and Howard returning, he will transfer to a JUCO and get recruited againt out of JUCO. My prediction then will the AU.

I would have liked to have signed him, but he has been about as disrespectful to our staff, and others too, as he can possibly be. Kid could have called at some point and said he changed his mind, but didn't, one of the Bama coaches called Kirby and told him he was there.

He didn't cancel, coaches thought he was coming until it was reported he was at Bama. If he wasn't coming that's cool, but it is pretty disrespectful to tell the staff Thursday night he is coming and they the academic people lined up to answer the family's questions. And they are waiting on him to arrive and he is on the way to Bama. Bama is where Drob has wanted all alone, if he signs there it makes all this talk about academics being first complete BS, its the worst academically of the schools he looked at by a good bit. And in 2 years we will likely get to do this again, or someone will. If he isn't the center of Bama's offense and he won't be with Ridley and Howard returning, he will transfer to a JUCO and get recruited againt out of JUCO. My prediction then will the AU.

I would have liked to have signed him, but he has been about as disrespectful to our staff, and others too, as he can possibly be. Kid could have called at some point and said he changed his mind, but didn't, one of the Bama coaches called Kirby and told him he was there.
Wow, I had no clue that's how it went down.

His brother, Carlos, just announced he signed a Financial Aid Agreement with Cal, and is looking at signing one with GA Tech, too.

Drob wants nothing to do with RB and doesn't want to play in an offense that doesn't throw the ball anymore than Tech, even though it is probably Mom's first choice, she is willing to compromise. While we aren't ranked as high as Stanford or ND, we are less than 2 hours from Mom's house and are quite a bit higher than Bama, who I have heard is no longer a real factor. Drob having a bunch of friends at UGA isn't going to be a factor. It's coming down to the distance from home, which ND can't control and the difference of about 40 in academic rankings, which UGA can't control. IF he makes the trip to Athens this weekend with Mom, brother and sister I think he signs with UGA, if not he signs with ND.

I've read ALL the articles, from all the paid sites, and what I'm hearing now is that Alabama and UGA are trying to play games by saying they may be offer a package deal with a track scholarship for his sister if he signs with them whereas Stanford, Notre Dame, and GA Tech won't. It has nothing to do with distance from home, majors, position he'll play, etc., but trying to bundle the siblings. His sister graduated from High School early and was Validictorian of her Class, but it was a small, private school and she didn't take the prerequisite classes needed for the three schools that won't take her and that's why Satan, and his crony at UGA, Smartass, are trying to pull this stunt.

However, with him just signing financial paperwork with Cal this past weekend, and looking at signing with GA Tech this week, and NOT with Bama, UGA, Notre Dame, or Stanford, I think it's safe to say nobody knows what the heck is going on.

The Tech poster obviously knows more about Tech's curriculum than me, but in engineering, technology and architect Tech is obviously better thought of except maybe agricultural architect. But in other fields like law, medicine, business and journalism UGA is better. Until recently UGA didn't offer engineering, I am not sure if Tech offers law or medicine. In field, job seekers don't really go head to head much because of their different curriculums.

Maybe I can help with this as I attended GA Tech (and Lettered three years with the Football Team while there), and then went on to Law School.

First, every GA Tech degree requires two semesters of calculus, two laboratory science courses, computer science, which means there is no Major that a student athlete at Tech can take which will avoid these advanced math and science requirements like at other major programs. Also, of the leading technology research institutes in this country – MIT, Cal Tech, Carnegie-Mellon and Georgia Tech is the only one of those four that competes in Division I athletics, and has done so successfully (multiple Division, Conference, AND National Championships in Football).

Like me, many GA Tech Grads go on to Law School, Med School, or get Executive MBA's. Anyone who thinks everyone who graduate from GA Tech are Engineers is sadly mistaken/misinformed. GA Tech Grads run some of the largest Corporations across the Country (like Walmart), and are spread across every Industry imaginable.

As an aside, most of the Major College Football Awards are named after Former GA Tech Football Coaches.

The Heisman Trophy, which is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity, is named after former GA Tech Head Football Coach John Heisman.

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award is awarded annually to the BCS's Top Head Football Coach, and is named after former GA Tech Head Football Coach Bobby Dodd.

The Broyles Award is named annually to the BCS's Top Assistant Football Coach, and is named after Frank Broyles, former GA Tech Assistant Coach under Head Coach Bobby Dodd, before become Head Football Coach and AD at Arkansas.

just a thought, but this kid better pan out and he better be saying he is a 4 year player.
He is 5' 10.5 and 175 at present. He needs to get more mature and stronger. In D1 everyone is pretty fast and pretty big; it ain't H.S.
To be parlaying his scholarsip into extorting one for Sis will turn away/off the better schools. Plus, having to deal with a group so involved as we have seen, seems to never bode well predicting success!

No sour grapes here but if it came down to DRob or Claypool, I pick Claypool every time!
Same for JMcK. Both will be on the field for more plays and be more useful. It will not surprise if if we find out that ND, by ND's decision, is no longer a participant in this drama.

Football is a team game; not a 'me' game.

Last edited:
Maybe I can help with this as I attended GA Tech (and Lettered three years with the Football Team while there), and then went on to Law School.

First, every GA Tech degree requires two semesters of calculus, two laboratory science courses, computer science, which means there is no Major that a student athlete at Tech can take which will avoid these advanced math and science requirements like at other major programs. Also, of the leading technology research institutes in this country – MIT, Cal Tech, Carnegie-Mellon and Georgia Tech is the only one of those four that competes in Division I athletics, and has done so successfully (multiple Division, Conference, AND National Championships in Football).

Like me, many GA Tech Grads go on to Law School, Med School, or get Executive MBA's. Anyone who thinks everyone who graduate from GA Tech are Engineers is sadly mistaken/misinformed. GA Tech Grads run some of the largest Corporations across the Country (like Walmart), and are spread across every Industry imaginable.

As an aside, most of the Major College Football Awards are named after Former GA Tech Football Coaches.

The Heisman Trophy, which is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity, is named after former GA Tech Head Football Coach John Heisman.

The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award is awarded annually to the BCS's Top Head Football Coach, and is named after former GA Tech Head Football Coach Bobby Dodd.

The Broyles Award is named annually to the BCS's Top Assistant Football Coach, and is named after Frank Broyles, former GA Tech Assistant Coach under Head Coach Bobby Dodd, before become Head Football Coach and AD at Arkansas.

Like I said you know more about Tech's curriculum than me, Tech is noted instate and the south for their engineering program, but not so much their business, medical or law degrees.

just a thought, but this kid better pan out and he better be saying he is a 4 year player.
He is 5' 10.5 and 175 at present. He needs to get more mature and stronger. In D1 everyone is pretty fast and pretty big; it ain't H.S.
To be parlaying his scholarsip into extorting one for Sis will turn away/off the better schools. Plus, having to deal with a group so involved as we have seen, seems to never bode well predicting success!

No sour grapes here but if it came down to DRob or Claypool, I pick Claypool every time!
Same for JMcK. Both will be on the field for more plays and be more useful. It will not surprise if if we find out that ND, by ND's decision, is no longer a participant in this drama.

Football is a team game; not a 'me' game.

Carlos is parading him around like one of those dogs at the Westminister Dog show.

This has sort of turned into the theater of the absurd.

http://notredame.247sports.com/Bolt...tson-signs-FAA-with-Cal-Georgia-Tech-44148677

"Five-star WR Demetris Robertson signs FAA with Cal, Georgia Tech"
Five-star wide receiver Demetris Robertson (Savannah, Ga./Savannah Christian) has secured himself a spot to play college football this fall. But the nation's No. 1 wide receiver has not signed a National Letter of Intent.

Instead, per his brother Michael, Robertson has signed financial aid agreements with California and Georgia Tech so far, allowing him to enroll at either program this fall. Robertson took an official visit to Cal in October, and one to Georgia Tech in late January. Alabama and Notre Dame have also had Robertson on campus for official visits, and Georgia is slated to get him in town for his fifth and final official visit March 18.

Robertson is hoping to gain admission to Stanford and is awaiting his latest test results, which are slated to come back in May. The deadline to sign an NLI is April 1, but as of now, Robertson is not expected to do so.

Another site just reported that he signed financial aid agreement papers with Cal and Georgia Tech today. The deadline to sign a NLI is April 1st. He will wait until after May 1st to make his decision public. It's the date he expects to find out if his ACT score is good enough to get into Stanford. I don't expect him to pick ND when the dust settles.

He retook the SAT, not the ACT.

^ they risk minor NCAA violations. Clearly, r by signing w/both institutions that is not a concern of DR.

Another site just reported that he signed financial aid agreement papers with Cal and Georgia Tech today. The deadline to sign a NLI is April 1st. He will wait until after May 1st to make his decision public. It's the date he expects to find out if his ACT score is good enough to get into Stanford. I don't expect him to pick ND when the dust settles.

some think ND may have Apr.1 as fugetaboutit ;)

under the what goes round comes round theory, this kid has a lot coming round!

Last edited:
He retook the SAT, not the ACT.

It was scheduled for Sat. March 5, he didn't take it. I don't know when the next time he can take it, but he has no incoming score on the way. Cal was kind of out of nowhere, but a good school. Maybe he wants to get away from Carlos and make some of his own decisions for a change.

Wonderfulwino: Chose to leave out two of the world's top engeneering and tecnological institutes when listing Georgia Tech in the top four. http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/engineering. http://www.topuniversities.com/univ...10-universities-engineering-technology-201516. Robertson has stated that he would like to see the Stanford campus before making a decision. How is it possible that he took an offical visit to Cal. last Oct., and not take the 45 min. drive to Stanford? I don't think I need to point out that both Cal and Stanford play Div. 1 sports.

Last edited:
Wonderfulwino: Chose to leave out two of the world's top engeneering and tecnological institutes when listing Georgia Tech in the top four. http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/engineering. http://www.topuniversities.com/univ...10-universities-engineering-technology-201516. Robertson has stated that he would like to see the Stanford campus before making a decision. How is it possible that he took an offical visit to Cal. last Oct., and not take the 45 min. drive to Stanford?

RESEARCH UNIVERSITIES, based on $$$$$.

Your list includes Cal and Stanford, both of which, obviously, play College Playoff Football, like GA Tech, but aren't considered in the same category of RESEARCH UNIVERSITIES of GA Tech (whereas many football factories have hundreds of millions in revenues keeping them going, GA Tech has billions in grants for research but much less support for the athletics).

For what it's worth, GA Tech HAS NOT received any paperwork from him, contrary to what's being reported at this time, however, they have had discussions with Carlos and Demetris about this and expect it to happen soon.

Just read from TOS that ND has stopped recruiting him. They wouldn't refuse him but aren't actively calling him.

Just read from TOS that ND has stopped recruiting him. They wouldn't refuse him but aren't actively calling him.

I think the brother is overestimating his value a bit, he is a sub 6 ft WR with decent speed, around 10.7 100m who has never led his team to any kind of championship. Carlos is enjoying this process way more than he needs to be. Drob is going to have very little choice in where he eventually ends up, my question is if he isn't mature enough to decide whats best for him in a college, how is he expected to be successful academically at a place like Stanford, ND, GT or Cal? Obviously Carlos doesn't trust him with a decision, Tech will be a wasted athletic career playing RB and will cost him more than he will ever make with a college degree from anywhere. He won't get an opportunity to play in the NFL as a RB.

maybe Carlos recieved financial aid?

I know all of you think everyone in the SEC cheats, but the general feeling in the SEC is only a couple are actually buying players, so if Carlos had his hand out, Auburn and Ole Miss would definitely be in the picture.

aren't considered in the same category of RESEARCH UNIVERSITIES of GA Tech

These GT fans are a little like the fsu fans with some tact. Stanford and Cal aren't in the same category as research universities? Is the poster familiar with Silicon Valley at all? Do the poster know why Silicon Valley is located where it is? It's because of Stanford and Cal.

BTW, I'm not aware of a Silicon Valley in Georgia. Anywhere in Georgia. But Tesla, Google, and Apple, Genentech, and NASA, and JPL, they are in Silicon Valley.

Not to mention Hooli.

Go Irish!

Top 50 research Univ.http://www.bestcollegereviews.org/top-research-universities/ Top research and development.http://www.bestcolleges.com/features/colleges-with-highest-research-and-development-expenditures/ Univ. that receive the most gov. money.http://247wallst.com/special-report/2013/04/25/universities-getting-the-most-government-money/3/ What is the source for your statement that GT receives and spends billions on rsearch? Is Robertson interested in education? He is applying to 3 schools with the best engineering programs in America. However, what makes Stanford unique is its interdisciplinary major in Values, Tecnology, and Society, a program popular with football players.
http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering
http://grad-schools.usnews.rankings...-schools/top-engineering-schools/eng-rankings

Last edited:
Please!!! Can we stop talking about this kid? He is not coming and I could care less if he did. I am more concerned about the kids that want to be here and the defense. We have tons of talent in the skill position...we don't need him.

Please!!! Can we stop talking about this kid? He is not coming and I could care less if he did. I am more concerned about the kids that want to be here and the defense. We have tons of talent in the skill position...we don't need him.

As a ND fan I moved on from this kid long ago. Not even worth keeping up with.

Reactions: ckairish
while ND's participation may be a 'was' thing, this recruitment is interesting if only because of it's bizarre developments.

One thing about the 2016 recruiting session of note was that a huge part of the ND projections came from CB's by the mods of TOS. After the fact those CB's came up 'O-fer', and while those CB's generated interest in the 2016 recruiting, they also devalued the notion that there is any real value added in being a premium subscriber. Misinformation should be free of charge.

Reactions: Ara64
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT