ADVERTISEMENT

Onward Notre Dame ... ND - OSU game thread

Our unconfident, young, inexperienced defensive coordinator just gave up the biggest comeback loss in school history and gave Ok St there biggest comeback. Good start. Get ready for an ass creaming against Ohio State.
Notre Dame football will get good again in about 10 years, after we fire this pathetic staff and beat our heads as Fickell takes some other team to a title or two. Downhill from here. Doubt me again. Best thing Jack could do is rescind the offer and bring Fickell in.

Reactions: gatorRAD
Our unconfident, young, inexperienced defensive coordinator just gave up the biggest comeback loss in school history and gave Ok St there biggest comeback. Good start. Get ready for an ass creaming against Ohio State.
Notre Dame football will get good again in about 10 years, after we fire this pathetic staff and beat our heads as Fickell takes some other team to a title or two.
At least you get credit for not referring to him as "boy" this time.....

Those damn 3 points before half.

We almost lost the VT game the same exact way.
I agree, it was a mistake not to try to get a FG.

But that mistake is a coaching mistake, not a player’s mistake.

The leap from DC to HC is enormous.

I opposed the hire, but once made, I supported ND !

The timing of Kelly’s quitting will haunt ND for years !

Well, a great seasons with a familiar end for the last 10 years.

I think Freeman has a lot to learn about lighting up ref’s. We got screwed several times. The man can recruit so let’s see what happens when we get to the next level of these frosh and Sophs. Hated there was zero second half adjustments and not Buch. I hope that’s not telling. There where about 3 players on O that looked elite. Styles, Mayer and Austin.

Happy New Years boys.

Reactions: TorontoHrvat
well i'm sure you won't hear Freeman say "Get used to it" in his presser.

Terrific game. Was surprised NDame did so well on offense as OSU had the best D in the Big 12 by far. Outstanding secondary and never had to rush more than 4 to get pressure. Showed in the second half. As much crap as Sanders takes on the OU boards, his overall numbers were not fantastic, the kid makes big plays. And almost beat Baylor a second time even with the 4 picks. Hope Sanders does not came back next year but almost all the OSU D are seniors.

Terrific game. Was surprised NDame did so well on offense as OSU had the best D in the Big 12 by far. Outstanding secondary and never had to rush more than 4 to get pressure. Showed in the second half. As much crap as Sanders takes on the OU boards, his overall numbers were not fantastic, the kid makes big plays. And almost beat Baylor a second time even with the 4 picks. Hope Sanders does not came back next year but almost all the OSU D are seniors.
You can have Coan!

if you’re not used to it now ….your head is in a dark smelly place!
I’m so sick and tired of it that I am half thinking about becoming a Purdue fan….. at least they overachieve ever now and then. Heck, this game wasn’t even about overachieving, they actually underachieved the last 31 minutes of the game.

I’m so sick and tired of it that I am half thinking about becoming a Purdue fan….. at least they overachieve ever now and then. Heck, this game wasn’t even about overachieving, they actually underachieved the last 31 minutes of the game.
You don’t want to do that …..better you pretend that everything is wine and roses like some on here!

Reactions: wi_hoosier
well, a good half, anyway... ND never adjusted to the hurry-up. they should have had guys flopping to slow them down. inexperience showed in the coaching there.

nonetheless, congrats - your team showed a lot of heart coming back the way they did.

as an ND fan, and I mean no disrespect here, but ND blew it. you can't cough up a 21 point lead.

Kyren screwed us. You got a scholarship to play football. Bailing in a major bowl game that is so important to your team, school, program, and the fans shows one’s true colors
On this we agree 1000% ... this opting out bullshit is terrible for the school and the game. And hevis a so called team captain!!! I hate to say this but I hope he has a shit career moving forward. He owes me nothing, but he does owe his teammates, that is how I feel.

OSU adjusted, we didn’t and we couldn’t run the ball
yeah, 68 passes. is that an ND record? has to be close. I had a bad feeling, even up 21, that they were going to be in trouble if they couldn't run it. I wasn't anticipating a 30-0 run, but I sure didn't feel like it was over.

I wish they would stop with that zone-read shite running the ball. just mash it up in there, take your 3 or 4 and pop a big one every once in a while.

30-0 run ok state went on

Let that sink in

only coaches can do that

jack let’s go, get fickell

I did learn one thing today, I'll be canceling my subscriptions to BGI, and IB, because they clearly have no credibility in knowing anything more then I do. Driskal, Singer, Hansen, clueless. So at least I'll save a few bucks.

I other thing learned is JOIN A CONFERENCE!! .. this notion that we only play for national championships is pure old school bullshit. These kids of today have zero connection to NDs past.

Finally, it's clear to me that there are a number of players who could come back and should come back, including Foskey, Lenzy, Austin .. these kids are not ready for the next level

and obviously wasn't getting it done in the 2nd half..so yeah don't try anything different.
they had 21 yards rushing. OSU decided to stop the short passing game as a running game. your options are to take medium to deep shots, or make a stronger effort to run the ball.

you throw the ball 68 times, you'll get diminishing returns. maybe bringing in Buchner to increase the threat of the run would have helped, but they chose not to.

Coan bailed the team out at the end of games on a couple of occasions - he was the right choice to end the game, but I also understand the hesitancy to take a guy out after a couple of drives when he's already thrown for 4 TDs and a bunch of yards. I guess the moment was never quite right.

well, a good half, anyway... ND never adjusted to the hurry-up. they should have had guys flopping to slow them down. inexperience showed in the coaching there.

nonetheless, congrats - your team showed a lot of heart coming back the way they did.

as an ND fan, and I mean no disrespect here, but ND blew it. you can't cough up a 21 point lead.
OSU is not my team. They were until 1961. An OU guy converted by Bud. But like both the Irish and OSU and the college game. Very good game by both teams. Thought the OSU fumbles would doom them but their secondary, much better than OU's, came through in the 4th Q.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
OSU is not my team. They were until 1961. An OU guy converted by Bud. But like both the Irish and OSU and the college game. Very good game by both teams. Thought the OSU fumbles would doom them but their secondary, much better than OU's, came through in the 4th Q.
Had to be hard to watch for an OSU fan. They practically scored 2 more TD’s than the score shows.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT