ADVERTISEMENT

Onward Notre Dame ... ND - OSU game thread

Our unconfident, young, inexperienced defensive coordinator just gave up the biggest comeback loss in school history and gave Ok St there biggest comeback. Good start. Get ready for an ass creaming against Ohio State.
Notre Dame football will get good again in about 10 years, after we fire this pathetic staff and beat our heads as Fickell takes some other team to a title or two. Downhill from here. Doubt me again. Best thing Jack could do is rescind the offer and bring Fickell in.
Bingo! Bail out now!!! We've been through this with Muschamp, McElwain also. Totally unproven, and unfortunately the program (ND), is in trouble. I come here in peace because I respect the rich Irish history and can see your demise coming. Start hammering the A.D immediately, the President too! They've literally thrown away YEARS of progress. Who the hell just hands over a program so rich without searching for candidates? Absolutely on the President and A.D. I will send a case of toilet paper to begin rolling the trees outside their residence. Just send address!! The Rad...

Bingo! Bail out now!!! We've been through this with Muschamp, McElwain also. Totally unproven, and unfortunately the program (ND), is in trouble. I come here in peace because I respect the rich Irish history and can see your demise coming. Start hammering the A.D immediately, the President too! They've literally thrown away YEARS of progress. Who the hell just hands over a program so rich without searching for candidates? Absolutely on the President and A.D. I will send a case of toilet paper to begin rolling the trees outside their residence. Just send address!! The Rad...

Freeman took over abruptly to coach in a bowl game. ND was without key players like Williams. No doubt the collapse of defense and offense in the 2nd half is a bad thing, but you can't foresee the future based on this 1 game.

Let's see what next season brings. Freeman deserves that.

I know a few ND graduates, including recent ones. I work with a few here in Silicon Valley in tech. Believe me, all are PASSIONATE about ND in general, especially the football team...and its history.

I have to believe if they are, so are the players. Mind you, obviously NFL talent is leaving early, as this has become college football culture. Heck, it's part of a greater enveloping culture that glorifies the individual over the team at almost any cost.

Freeman took over abruptly to coach in a bowl game. ND was without key players like Williams. No doubt the collapse of defense and offense in the 2nd half is a bad thing, but you can't foresee the future based on this 1 game.

Let's see what next season brings. Freeman deserves that.
YES YOU CAN !

ND made yet another mistake in hiring an assistant coach with NO Head Coaching experience !

Let me put it another way, you need neuro-surgery to save your wife’s life, do you select an inexperienced surgeon fresh out of Medical school or an experienced, highly skilled surgeon with a great track record and high success rate..

I just hired Dr. Cameron Brennan !

A number of us said odds are against Freeman making the transition successfully, citing history. But if the lower odds are to materialize, I think Freeman would be one of these. I also suggested making Freeman an interim head coach, seeing how next season goes...promoting him if successful, otherwise giving a dignified path to being DC again.

I'll be rooting for Freeman and ND next season. I think it'll be rough. Can't see a win over Ohio State in the opener, but let's see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT