ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs OSU game thread

For all you idiots that say you're proud of the guys, great game, etc, screw you. This was the opportunity of a generation. And ND BLEW it. They had this game in hand, and choked. It's still a loss. Doesn't matter if you lose by 3 or 30.
They didn’t choke, the play calls with 1st snd 10 and 2:36 on the clock killed us.

Instead of running N/S they sweep, then an incomplete pass WHICH STOPPED THE CLOCK.

If they run, 40 seconds come off the clock or OSU has to take a timeout.

Either way we win the game.

Coaching errors in crunch time lost this game !

Don’t like the last play alignment. Two pic oppty’s. Needed one play

Inexplicable. 3rd and 19 and they pick up 21 with 8 men in coverage? HOW
Because OSU had a QB starting his 5th game.....on one play we forced him into a bad throw and the still caught it. Outside of that ......ZIP, ZERO, NADA......Dline needs improvement and it starts with a new Dline coach.

2nd and 15 after the screw up with the two RB's. Look #7 just ripped off a 10 yard run. You hand it to him again. Keep it simple. This is on the coaches. To then throw the freaking ball on 2nd and 15 knowing that you would instead gain the time or the use of a timeout is all on the coaches. Ridiculous.

It's been a generation since we've had a bug game like this. And this team choked.
In 2019, you were in a playoff game. That game was bigger than tonight.

If you end the year 11-1, you will most likely make the playoff again.

Pick yourself up off the ground, dry your tears, and start preparing for the next game.

2nd and 15 after the screw up with the two RB's. Look #7 just ripped off a 10 yard run. You hand it to him again. Keep it simple. This is on the coaches. To then throw the freaking ball on 2nd and 15 knowing that you would instead gain the time or the use of a timeout is all on the coaches. Ridiculous.

I haven't seen the replay, but someone wrote ND had ten men on the field for the final play. I think he means the OSU TD.

Because OSU had a QB starting his 5th game.....on one play we forced him into a bad throw and the still caught it. Outside of that ......ZIP, ZERO, NADA......Dline needs improvement and it starts with a new Dline coach.
The miss talking across the board needs to improve

we luckily shoelaced tackled Treveyon Henderson to prevent a TD on a run play to the right side earlier in the drive or he would have scored another TD run earlier in that drive and put them up 3 with 1 minute to go

point being: it isn't close. we simply aren't good enough to make big time plays/stops in big time games against the best teams in the country

Reactions: notredame79
we luckily shoelaced tackled Treveyon Henderson to prevent a TD on a run play to the right side earlier in the drive or he would have scored another TD run earlier in that drive and put them up 3 with 1 minute to go

That would’ve benefited us considering

In 2019, you were in a playoff game. That game was bigger than tonight.

If you end the year 11-1, you will most likely make the playoff again.

Pick yourself up off the ground, dry your tears, and start preparing for the next game.
While you are correct with your advice, this loss is on the coaches !

I don’t know that it knocks you out. Win out and I think you got a shot. But that hurt. The 3rd and long should be a pick. DJ a pick. Call another TO on that last play.

They didn’t choke, the play calls with 1st snd 10 and 2:36 on the clock killed us.

Instead of running N/S they sweep, then an incomplete pass WHICH STOPPED THE CLOCK.

If they run, 40 seconds come off the clock or OSU has to take a timeout.

Either way we win the game.

Coaching errors in crunch time lost this game !
Definitely attributed but you can’t give up that pass on 3rd and 19. Henderson was out of position.

This one is on Parker. Estime gets a first down and then gets pulled. RPO on first down for a loss, screen on 2nd down and then the obvious run on 3rd down. Leaving that one OSU timeout on the board. Run it with Estime 3 more times and call it a game.

Reactions: notredame79
This one is on Parker. Estime gets a first down and then gets pulled. RPO on first down for a loss, screen on 2nd down and then the obvious run on 3rd down. Leaving that one OSU timeout on the board. Run it with Estime 3 more times and call it a game.

Between that and 10 men on the field, could the assistant coaches muck it up any more?

I agree on sone calls but if that screen is completed, it might have been a TD. Blocking and space was there.

He's gotta go and as am concerned Al Golden can follow him. 3rd and 19 and rush 3

10 on the field final play should result in someone making over $500k a year fired

Tough loss. Will always be a fan but you have to get over the hump eventually. You can't let a good team hang around. Hopefully our young coach can learn from this.

We can say all we want about the coaches. But it came down to a missed FG and a missed pick. DJ grabs that and we are all talking about how great Golden, Parker and MF played this.

I really like MF but, if he was fired I could careless cause' the above says it all...it's not him, it's every fnning coach and player that have allowed these things to happen and sadly their not going to stop, not in my lifetime! I mean the Bush push I'm still not over and to lose almost 20 years later in this kind of crazy, disturbing way again it's just 😔

Cause that's how the Gods want it. For 60 years ND made these plays and the last 30 years they haven't come thru once.

I'll give that the players blew that 3rd and 19.

But the coaches made the bigger mistakes with bad play calls on the last ND drive where the clock should have been reduced or run down.

Cruel margins, as otherwise ND easily matched OSU.

No way can this be compared to CBK defeats in big moments against elite opponents.

Reactions: NotreDomer1
It was a heartbreaking loss for sure. I'm still in shock at the outcome. I will tell you though, on ND's last TD drive, OSU's D was out of gas, they were done. I in fact texted Pat this exact comment. ND's Defense needed a stop and ND would win.

Well they got the stop, but the offensive play calling on that last offensive series was terrible. The OLine was pushing OSU back, they just needed to give the ball to Estime, Love, and company punish the D for a couple of first downs and it would have been game over. OSU would have never gotten the ball back.

We can say all we want about the coaches. But it came down to a missed FG and a missed pick. DJ grabs that and we are all talking about how great Golden, Parker and MF played this.

NO WAY. 10 men on the field for two plays in a row? Not pounding OSU when it was completely obvious OSU couldn’t stop the run? Missed opportunities hit us hard, but these are inexcusable IMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT