ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs OSU game thread

You might be right. I didn't think too much of the OSU defense but this might be their best going back to the early Urban years. They would have gotten ripped in a game like this in previous years. It was common knowledge that their 2023 season rests on how much improvement the defense makes.

That young OSU QB was also impressive as I read he went 10 of 12 for 155 yards on 3rd down and really engineered that last drive in 1:30 or so. That kid is really going to be good as the season goes on
Young? The OSU QB is a 21-year-old junior in college.

It wasn't as bad as I thought with 2:35 left and OSU still with 2 timeouts. The youtube I was using skipped a play. If ND calls run-run-run and doesn't make it we are punting with about 1:40 left and the Bucks have no timeouts but no time.

What I don't get is why on those plays, Parker lined the WRs on the short side of the field and left the other side out of the play? Why would you shrink the field in that spot?

OSU started the drive with 1:26. They snapped the ball at 0:27 remaining from ND’s 13. That’s plenty of time from that position. Yes, it would have been nice if OSU couldn’t use the timeout to save the 10 second runoff or to add pressure to the time situation. But who knows what happens. I respect ND for trying to win the game there.

I don’t think its fair to say they shrank the field. Each play is its own thing. ND went 5 wide from inside there own 5. You could easily say, “why spread the field there?”

If you watch the first play, and I know Hartman was trying to protect the ball, the play is blocked up well. Ford kicks out that guy and Fisher gets to the backer. Perhaps the DT makes a play but that should be three yards and potentially 8ish or a first down. What could have been. The guard ended up blocking that DE…

OSU started the drive with 1:26. They snapped the ball at 0:27 remaining from ND’s 13. That’s plenty of time from that position. Yes, it would have been nice if OSU couldn’t use the timeout to save the 10 second runoff or to add pressure to the time situation. But who knows what happens. I respect ND for trying to win the game there.

I don’t think its fair to say they shrank the field. Each play is its own thing. ND went 5 wide from inside there own 5. You could easily say, “why spread the field there?”

If you watch the first play, and I know Hartman was trying to protect the ball, the play is blocked up well. Ford kicks out that guy and Fisher gets to the backer. Perhaps the DT makes a play but that should be three yards and potentially 8ish or a first down. What could have been. The guard ended up blocking that DE…
If we are what-if-ing. Freeman called a TO to avoid a delay of game penalty after a long first down. If Hartman could have lined everyone up we have one to get the 10th man out there.

On the first down at 2:35 Hartman absolutely needed to hand off that ball.

But I hate that formation, in the shotgun with two RBs standing at the QB's elbows. I don't know what it is good for. Are you assuming that the OL will get whipped and you need two guys to pick up the blitz?

If we are what-if-ing. Freeman called a TO to avoid a delay of game penalty after a long first down. If Hartman could have lined everyone up we have one to get the 10th man out there.

On the first down at 2:35 Hartman absolutely needed to hand off that ball.

But I hate that formation, in the shotgun with two RBs standing at the QB's elbows. I don't know what it is good for. Are you assuming that the OL will get whipped and you need two guys to pick up the blitz?
Sounds about right!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT