ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Ohio State Game Thread

Why can't we recruit an athletic QB that can throw the ball downfield? I've seen tons of them already today alone. And not just from the top teams either. Ugh.
Buchner needs to improve but I honestly think it’s more of a receiver problem.

are you retarded? clearly the game plan is to milk the clock and keep OSUs points down. How are you blaming the OC for successfully executing that plan?
Because he's a whinny know nothing. Year after year, like he's an expert. The dude doesn't know shit. Get use to it, he'll be crying, calling out players, and firing coaches all year

Reactions: notredamerises23
When the defense held OSU on their first possession in the second half.....that was an opportunity that wouldn't be repeated.....and it wasn't. Total mismanagement and execution in the second half of a very winnable game.

Why can't we recruit an athletic QB that can throw the ball downfield? I've seen tons of them already today alone. And not just from the top teams either. Ugh.

Name one that played a top 5 team at their home?

According to ESPN win probability (gamecast) ND entered the game with 15% chance to win. 3 hard fought quarters later, they've improved their chances to win by 8% up to 23% LOL
Cant wait to hear how that effect the f&p+

ND has the running backs.....but this o line does't open up the lanes or have the push to make the run successful. Looking more and more like OSU will cover. I know they will protect the ball...but the D is gassed.

ND has the running backs.....but this o line does't open up the lanes or have the push to make the run successful. Looking more and more like OSU will cover. I know they will protect the ball...but the D is gassed.
It’s disappointing. I’m sure pattersons injury isn’t helping matters but the o line was pretty bad.

Reactions: GDFan
Jayson ademilola talking smack before game … dline got owned and he did squat

I am good with talking some if you can back it up

Oline was very disappointing in the run game. The OSU dline dominated ND up front

god damn this fan base is full of idiot simpletons

what do you need to throw a successful ball down field?
1. Offensive Line that can protect a vertical passing play
2. WRs that can get down field/get separation
3. A QB that can throw the ball accurately down field
4. A running game that forces the opposing D to cheat in order to stop it (which opens up the vertical passing game).

It's more than just " hur dur get a qb who can throw the ball down field"

The O line was the key to this game.....and they didn't come through. Shades of last season. Scoreless in the second half....can't win games that way.

Name one that played a top 5 team at their home?
Im not going to do your homework for you. All I know is I watched a lot of football today, and saw great playmakers at QB all over the place. Hell, App State even has a better QB than we do.

The two areas where I was most worried (Buchner and the secondary) held up ok. I’m hoping osu are just a great team up front this season because we got dominated in the trenches especially second half

Freeman doesn’t know how to game day coach, he struggled big time at DC making adjustments and same as HC
Please, if Kelly was coaching, this game would have been over at Half Time. OSU would have hung 50 and ND would have slept through the game.

That Michael Hall highlight was really a Josh Lugg lowlight.

He wasn’t even trying to block anyone on a few of those clips and on others he was beaten like a drum

This is what you get when your "national " search for an OC consisted of a survey of the cubicles in the ND football office.......

Reactions: Rionegro
May be a loss, but unlike BK we did not get blown away. So Marcus takes a loss. They made some plays we missed some. But we are on our way.

Reactions: DieHard_Irish
On the positive:
There was no deer in the headlight looks
Defense can be really good this year
TB looked good
Team overall handled being in the "Shoe" very well

Didn't except to win tonight, just because of the talent difference. Really expected to be curb stomped but team hung tough.
Move forward and see what happens as the season unfolds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT