ADVERTISEMENT

ND vs Ohio State Game Thread

Yep oline looked identical to last year … two coaches, same results =
issue probably is players…. I have to believe Lugg and zeke are biggest issue, they kept showing up in a negative way to me
Absolutely not identical. Osu would have had 8 sacks against last years ol. Also no patterson

Fair but not close to a great oline so issue is coaching or players
Both. I'll give HH a pass because it's first game of year and Patterson was out. Way better than last year but not good enough. I've never been a believer in Zeke and Lugg. Maybe put Patterson back to center to fix that problem.

If their all american all world #1 WR was healthy, i think OSU would have covered the 17+ pt spread.

Rees not able to score even 1 point in second half. He just gets dominated with adjustments.

Reactions: BM16
Both. I'll give HH a pass because it's first game of year and Patterson was out. Way better than last year but not good enough. I've never been a believer in Zeke and Lugg. Maybe put Patterson back to center to fix that problem.
The next couple of games will be interesting to see what changes HH makes with the OL, if any. I kept reading that Rocco was having a great Spring and Fall, and I would love to see him at LG next to Alt With Patterson back at center. I’ve never thought Lugg was an interior guy, and he clearly isn’t as good as Alt or Fisher as a tackle. He may be a great locker room presence with years of starting experience and a Harry favorite, but it’s hard to accept that he’s one of the best five among current players. I‘m away and don’t have access to recording the games right now, and would normally rewatch, and so my opinion about the OL play is without the benefit of replay.

The next couple of games will be interesting to see what changes HH makes with the OL, if any. I kept reading that Rocco was having a great Spring and Fall, and I would love to see him at LG next to Alt With Patterson back at center. I’ve never thought Lugg was an interior guy, and he clearly isn’t as good as Alt or Fisher as a tackle. He may be a great locker room presence with years of starting experience and a Harry favorite, but it’s hard to accept that he’s one of the best five among current players. I‘m away and don’t have access to recording the games right now, and would normally rewatch, and so my opinion about the OL play is without the benefit of replay.
Didn't hear that on Spindler. People want it to be true but he can't beat out the starters and then Kristofic and Carmody beat him out as well

Try or not, 90-100% of the Big10 will score more than 10 points on Ohio State.
I’m ok with that if it’s late and they lose by 24+
I hated play calling but their goal wasn’t to see how many points they could score it was to limit osu points. Could have worked with a bit better aggressively conservative play calling

I’m ok with that if it’s late and they lose by 24+
I hated play calling but their goal wasn’t to see how many points they could score it was to limit osu points. Could have worked with a bit better aggressively conservative play calling

The defense played great. The offense sucked. You won’t beat anyone in the country if you can only score 10 points in 4 quarters.

Didn't hear that on Spindler. People want it to be true but he can't beat out the starters and then Kristofic and Carmody beat him out as well
Some offensive linemen take a little longer to develop than others. I've seen OLs go from disappointing underclassman to star upperclassman as they physically mature.

The defense played great. The offense sucked. You won’t beat anyone in the country if you can only score 10 points in 4 quarters.
No crap, but that will be best or second best D we face regular season…. Huge gap between top 2 Ds we face and the other 10

again, offense was bad and I think Rees is bad, but he’s got a shot to put up 40+ vs Marshall, no excuse there

Some offensive linemen take a little longer to develop than others. I've seen OLs go from disappointing underclassman to star upperclassman as they physically mature.
I was never big on him. Surprised he was ranked as high as he was

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT