ADVERTISEMENT

Make the call to Mike Denbrock…

36 to Stanford
#9 Stanford by the way. Stanford also held ND to a couple of field goals when we got inside the 20, and I believe Kizer fumbled late in the first half when we were in range for another field goal. So, yeah, it was all Van Gorder's fault. As I said, you are just like those who blame Pete Bercich for BC in 1993. You conveniently forget that a football game is more than the last minute of play, no matter what the outcome.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
#9 Stanford by the way. Stanford also held ND to a couple of field goals when we got inside the 20, and I believe Kizer fumbled late in the first half when we were in range for another field goal. So, yeah, it was all Van Gorder's fault. As I said, you are just like those who blame Pete Bercich for BC in 1993. You conveniently forget that a football game is more than the last minute of play, no matter what the outcome.
I was wrong. It was 38 points given up to Stanford

ND couldn’t stop Foley & BC the whole game. Totally spent emotionally after the “Game of the Century” win over FSU. ND was trailing BC 38-17 a few minutes in the 4th quarter.

What an amazing comeback, and still the most heartbreaking ending I’ve seen as an ND fan. FSU 2014 a close runner up. But this was a bigger game because it was the last game of season ND was 10-0 and ranked #1.

ND couldn’t stop Foley & BC the whole game. Totally spent emotionally after the “Game of the Century” win over FSU. ND was trailing BC 38-17 a few minutes in the 4th quarter.

What an amazing comeback, and still the most heartbreaking ending I’ve seen as an ND fan. FSU 2014 a close runner up. But this was a bigger game because it was the last game of season ND was 10-0 and ranked #1.
I have well over 600 complete games on file and watch them throughout the off season.
The 93' BC is one of the few I never rewatched

Last edited:
I have well over 600 complete games on file and watch them throughput the off season.
The 93' BC is one of the few I never rewatched
A nightmare that turned into your wildest dream, and then back to your worst football nightmare in just 1 quarter of football. Capped off by finishing #2 in the season ending poll.

I have the 1989 Fiesta Bowl win, on a VHS tape. I told people that I’ll throw it out, when ND wins another Natty. It’s 2024

Reactions: deadirishpoet
A nightmare that turned into your wildest dream, and then back to your worst football nightmare in just 1 quarter of football. Capped off by finishing #2 in the season ending poll.

I have the 1989 Fiesta Bowl win, on a VHS tape. I told people that I’ll throw it out, when ND wins another Natty. It’s 2024
I can still remember they showed a picture at the Grotto with only 1 candle lit prior to the game.
The 89' season was one of my favorites.
The writers screwed the Irish big time

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT