ADVERTISEMENT

Make the call to Mike Denbrock…

ND doesn't have a history of anything. The individual HCs decide who to hire, not the university itself as some abstract, indefinable entity. So what you meant to say is that MF will promote within, not Notre Dame. 'Notre Dame' will step in and hire MF's replacement when that day comes.
I just love when fans try pointing to the habits of previous coaches to indicate what a current coach will do.

Really, so he's not part of MF's old boy club, not part of the UC mafia? Still, the connection to Luke Fickell probably facilitated the deal. Anyway I don't think we're going to get Mike Denbrock because he's just not going to leave LSU. They pay big money in the SEC to their OCs, and he's going to stay put with such a good thing he's got going....
I think I would prefer to let MF pick his staff. I think he has done a pretty good job of picking talented coaches to join him. I am surprised he hasn't called you to get your input. 🤣🤣

Denbrock would be a disaster, and further the notion that the University is not serious about building a true contender. After the highs of yesterdays singing day, Denbrock would take the wind out of the sails quickly. What a dumpster fire
Really? Come on

Why would Denbrock ditch LSU/Brian Kelly/the #1 QB and #1 WR combo they have coming in in '25 to coach in a much more volatile situation under MF at ND with lesser prospects? Not to mention LSU football operations budget is probably way more expansive than Notre Dame's is (more opportunity for market rate raises at LSU than ND)
Because clearly you don't know sh1t. You talk out of your a$$ 99% of the time. Now go crawl back under the rock you came from. 😆

Denbrock would be a disaster, and further the notion that the University is not serious about building a true contender. After the highs of yesterdays singing day, Denbrock would take the wind out of the sails quickly. What a dumpster fire
Well -- we will not get to see if you are correct or a baffoon.

Denbrock will not leave Brian Kelly or the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at LSU.

And frankly, LSU recruits a WR room that dwarfs what Notre Dame has.
"Denbrock will not leave Brian Kelly or the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ at LSU."

Hopefully, your profession is not fortune telling.

Really, so he's not part of MF's old boy club, not part of the UC mafia? Still, the connection to Luke Fickell probably facilitated the deal. Anyway I don't think we're going to get Mike Denbrock because he's just not going to leave LSU. They pay big money in the SEC to their OCs, and he's going to stay put with such a good thing he's got going....
This aged like unrefrigerated milk.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ and Pennick4
It's not just that you were wrong. You were throwing it people's faces and stating emphatically that it's not going to happen. You were talking down to people for even considering it.
Where is your prediction?

This aged like unrefrigerated milk.
Well I'm stoked about it. I'm happy with Mike Denbrock. I just figured he wouldn't leave LSU. It seemed like a reasonable guess. Plus I'd have preferred some rising young star, who would pair up age wise and cultural sensibility wise with MF a little better, perhaps. And beyond that, WE'RE NOTRE DAME, for F's sake... Get out there and start hiring top-flight assistants in a fashion commensurate with our natural place in the hierarchy. We have the money, and if we don't do it somebody else will....

It's not just that you were wrong. You were throwing it people's faces and stating emphatically that it's not going to happen. You were talking down to people for even considering it.
Anyone can go through threads and point out something that was wrong.

Well I'm stoked about it. I'm happy with Mike Denbrock. I just figured he wouldn't leave LSU. It seemed like a reasonable guess. Plus I'd have preferred some rising young star, who would pair up age wise and cultural sensibility wise with MF a little better, perhaps. And beyond that, WE'RE NOTRE DAME, for F's sake... Get out there and start hiring top-flight assistants in a fashion commensurate with our natural place in the hierarchy. We have the money, and if we don't do it somebody else will....
I wanted Will Stein from Oregon. A young and super aggressive OC. A climber. They went with Mike Denbrock, which is fine.

Where is your prediction?

Post something regarding this hire where you were correct.
I have all kinds of predictions. What I don't do is talk to people like they are stupid for not agreeing with my predictions. You were holding your nuts on everyone because you were so cock sure that you were right. That's why I am throwing it back in your face.

Hey, props to you for accepting that your take was hot and fizzled fast. As long as we can go get that natty, it's all good.

Anyone can go through threads and point out something that was wrong.
But only you can make an ass of yourself after trying to clown people for believing that a certain coach will be hired. What's more pathetic is that you keep going on like you really told me off. You still have one of the dumbest takes of anyone ever.

Reactions: futuredomer
Hey, props to you for accepting that your take was hot and fizzled fast. As long as we can go get that natty, it's all good.
I guess so. I'm not too invested in 'takes' like that. I didn't have any money riding on it or nothing. Plus I love BK and like to see him keep his staff intact, doing as well as they're doing. So I guess I was biased in preferring him to stay at LSU, and for our part getting some rising young star, which I suppose we very well might not have if that had become the situation.

So it's probably a good thing we got Mike Denbrock....

The problem with the young, up and coming OCs is that they're about a year or 2 away from getting an HFC gig. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I think having guys like Golden and Denbrock offer more stability.
We'll have to see how awesome he ends up being. It's a good hire on paper for sure. But the two other big names in LSU's offensive brain trust I think are given a lot of credit for LSU's recent prowess. And of course there's BK himself, who's always sort of the CEO-OC of every team he coaches. I don't mean to suggest that Denbrock was nothing more than a cog in the wheel, but he'll be without all of those other elements that were presumably key to LSU's success, to say nothing of no Jayden Daniels or Malik Nabers.

But I guess he knows Gino, so we got that going....

But only you can make an ass of yourself after trying to clown people for believing that a certain coach will be hired. What's more pathetic is that you keep going on like you really told me off. You still have one of the dumbest takes of anyone ever.
Dude, you're in multiple threads daily telling posters what is correct and what is not correct.

Post your previous prediction on the current OC at Notre Dame.

The problem with the young, up and coming OCs is that they're about a year or 2 away from getting an HFC gig. That's not necessarily a bad thing but I think having guys like Golden and Denbrock offer more stability.
Denbrock is leaving the SEC to come to Notre Dame, so it's highly unlikely that he leaves Notre Dame for another OC job. He isn't one who seems fit for the NFL. Lastly, I don't get the vibe that he is interested in becoming a HC.

Golden is probably moving on after next season, but he will be leaving behind a defense that one of his young assistants can step up to lead without much of an issue.

It's really about the best situation you could hope for.

I guess so. I'm not too invested in 'takes' like that. I didn't have any money riding on it or nothing. Plus I love BK and like to see him keep his staff intact, doing as well as they're doing. So I guess I was biased in preferring him to stay at LSU, and for our part getting some rising young star, which I suppose we very well might not have if that had become the situation.

So it's probably a good thing we got Mike Denbrock....
Also, a rising young star becomes a HC in a year or two. Much better to have a high level OC who has staying power. He is leaving the SEC to join Notre Dame, so I don't see him leaving Notre Dame to take any coordinator job. I don't think he aspires to be a HC. It's an excellent hire because he fits Notre Dame so well.

We'll have to see how awesome he ends up being. It's a good hire on paper for sure. But the two other big names in LSU's offensive brain trust I think are given a lot of credit for LSU's recent prowess. And of course there's BK himself, who's always sort of the CEO-OC of every team he coaches. I don't mean to suggest that Denbrock was nothing more than a cog in the wheel, but he'll be without all of those other elements that were presumably key to LSU's success, to say nothing of no Jayden Daniels or Malik Nabers.

But I guess he knows Gino, so we got that going....
You make it sound like that's the first place he ever coached offense, therefore having no body of work prior. Mike Denbrock has a long resume of quality coaching. The season at LSU just makes it that much more exciting.

You make it sound like that's the first place he ever coached offense, therefore having no body of work prior. Mike Denbrock has a long resume of quality coaching. The season at LSU just makes it that much more exciting.
Alright, cool man. Everything's awesome. Even though I carefully qualified my response so as not to disregard Denbrock's past successes, and indeed highlighted them in previous posts as well as declaring my own satisfaction with this hire, I guess that just isn't enough for you. Jayden Daniels, BK, LSU's two other highly-regarded offensive coaches, their QB coach and their passing-game coordinator... they're nothing. It was all Denbrock.

Satisfied?

Wow! Mike Denbrock was such the obvious no brainer choice for a plethora of reasons. The OC job at ND was never open, it was Denbrock to take or pass on. Thank god he took the job.

Now Freeman has TWO coordinators that are experienced and can run their respective units like professional college coordinators.

Freeman can work on the football aspect of his job MF is the perfect coach for ND 9 months a year. Hopefully this frees him up, so he can work on his Sep, Oct & Nov coaching bag.

Wow! Mike Denbrock was such the obvious no brainer choice for a plethora of reasons. The OC job at ND was never open, it was Denbrock to take or pass on. Thank god he took the job.

Now Freeman has TWO coordinators that are experienced and can run their respective units like professional college coordinators.

Freeman can work on the football aspect of his job MF is the perfect coach for ND 9 months a year. Hopefully this frees him up, so he can work on his Sep, Oct & Nov coaching bag.
You know that's loser talk, don't you? Mike Denbrock is fine, and we're glad to have him. But the notion that it was Denbrock or bust for ND football, and if he hadn't accepted the program would be lost... is definitive loser talk.

You know that's loser talk, don't you? Mike Denbrock is fine, and we're glad to have him. But the notion that it was Denbrock or bust for ND football, and if he hadn't accepted the program would be lost... is definitive loser talk.

Show me where I said it was Denbrock or “bust” show me where I said that ND the football program would be “lost” if he passed on the ND OC job.

I said in the first post of this thread that I started. Denbrock should be the first call and would be the obvious best choice as new OC.

Obviously Marcus Freeman and the ND administration felt the same way. Parker was gone Monday Dec 18th and Denbrock is NDs new OC on Friday Dec 22nd.

Show me where I said it was Denbrock or “bust” show me where I said that ND the football program would be “lost” if he passed on the ND OC job.

I said in the first post of this thread that I started. Denbrock should be the first call and would be the obvious best choice as new OC.

Obviously Marcus Freeman and the ND administration felt the same way. Parker was gone Monday Dec 18th and Denbrock is NDs new OC on Dec 22nd.
You said Thank God he took the job. The connotation of which is we would be effed without him. And then you exaggerated all the mundane ways in which his hiring was some sort of godsend for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT