ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia/ FSU

In short: I put little stock in bowl games impacted by opt outs and transfers at scale.

It was hard watching these games. Much as I even liked the ND rut of Oregon State, it was effectively an exhibition game....so was this Georgia vs FSU game.

But this game obviously will be used after the fact to again argue to the future in making biased selections.

Logical fallacies are always in fashion.

In short: I put little stock in bowl games impacted by opt outs and transfers at scale.

It was hard watching these games. Much as I even liked the ND rut of Oregon State, it was effectively an exhibition game....so was this Georgia vs FSU game.

But this game obviously will be used after the fact to again argue to the future in making biased selections.

Then don't watch.

Georgia realistically are one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the country. 12 team playoff will be good

Strip NIL money if guys who are healthy sit out bowl games.

Playoff games, I agree. Bowl games that are more pre season games for next year than post season games for this year, who cares.

For those bagging on them (and worshiping GA) , you do realize that Florida State had 25 players opt out of the game, 14 being starters. The score is completely meaningless to whether they could have competed or not in the playoffs.

From the articles that i read georgia had 0 opt out and a few questionable.

Reactions: BM16 and tbone3114
For those bagging on them (and worshiping GA) , you do realize that Florida State had 25 players opt out of the game, 14 being starters. The score is completely meaningless to whether they could have competed or not in the playoffs.

Georgia has 17 players enter the portal and has 5 starters missing tonight.

22 players off their roster. They were not whole either

This was an absolute embarrassment

Reactions: BGI User 1596

Georgia’s team took the game seriously. Why can’t other programs take it seriously?

I get it these players don’t want to get hurt. Since New Years Days will never be the same again I say the bowl games should close up shop. Just have the GD playoff of however many teams and be done with it.

Georgia has 17 players enter the portal and has 5 starters missing tonight.

22 players off their roster. They were not whole either

This was an absolute embarrassment
Are you sure about that? They said Georgia had zero opt outs.

Reactions: tbone3114
Totally fine with Georgia steam rolling but it's a classless embaressment to be throwing inside the 20 while up 50.

Reactions: DublinND
Exactly, as far as the whole '4 best' argument. UGA would have and definitely should have gotten in on that basis. And I would have made them the #1 seed on that basis, even with the loss to Bama. If it's merely my own best judgement of who is the best team most likely to win a four team playoff, and they didn't even make it in at all.

So FSU earned their way in, and got hosed. And UGA was also robbed, but in a different way, and by the committee's own bogus rationale....
FSU got hosed...got it. Whatever you are smoking , pass it down. You have had enough.

Georgia’s team took the game seriously. Why can’t other programs take it seriously?

I get it these players don’t want to get hurt. Since New Years Days will never be the same again I say the bowl games should close up shop. Just have the GD playoff of however many teams and be done with it.
You can also choose to not watch.

Then don't watch.
How could he have commentary if he didn’t watch? And did you comprehend the message? Just because he doesn’t take much stock in them and considers them exhibition, doesn’t mean he doesn’t enjoy them.
Same goes for you, why comment on these? Just quit reading big fella.

Really, 25 guys? Damn, that is a lot. I mean I know the bowl games are meaningless, but that's too many.

My take would be 2 things: 1. FSU got screwed and didnt care. Screw espn and their sec contract/bias and college playoff tv rights 2. Yesterdays players were about “they want to play no matter what - even if injured”. Todays players are about NIL and NFL (money)…..if a game dont help and adds risk, they dont play.

I believe FSU earned their way to playoffs and would have fit in. They were just missing a qb - a great on at that. But who remembers when Holtz #1 ‘88 team suspended their 2 star running backs (bettis and brooks) traveling to #2 USC. ND won 27-10. FSU would have had something to play for in the playoffs.

The facts don't matter to the apologists.

😉

Imagine an undefeated ND getting passed over for a 1 loss Alabama.
Notre Dame has been undefeated three times in the last 12 regular seasons: 2012, 2018, 2020.

BCS title game in 2012, 4-team CFB playoff in 2018 and 2020. So I really can't.

Last edited:

You are correct. CFB will soon replicate the NFL. If you’re not in the 12 game playoffs then the games are totally meaningless. I’m glad I got to see some great bowl games in years past but unfortunately things change.

Reactions: banmate6
The 17 transfers, ZERO were starters so don't make it something it's not.
A lot of guys who played were in the 17 and they had another 5 who were "injured" and didn't play.

22 guys on total I believe who were not playing in the game

They were not whole. They won by 60

Even with a full roster and with Travis at QB , FSU wasn’t going to win that game. Georgia is loaded. The real crime is that they were left out of the playoff. Georgia is easily one of the top 4 teams. Maybe top 2. They had only 1 loss in two years. They deserved to be in the playoff

Even with a full roster and with Travis at QB , FSU wasn’t going to win that game. Georgia is loaded. The real crime is that they were left out of the playoff. Georgia is easily one of the top 4 teams. Maybe top 2. They had only 1 loss in two years. They deserved to be in the playoff
Yeah, Michigan cheaters should have been out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT