ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing Class

I don't think you get it. I'm sure he's watched film just as much as our coaches and talked to the recruits one on one so he knows more than even the coaches. I mean without his constant berating of certain players, this board just wouldn't be the same. Also, unlike you, he is obsessed enough to log on in the morning and find every post that mentioned him and feel the need to respond. He is an inspiration to all the self-absorbed egotists.
Debate is fun, especially on topics/subjects you are passionate about.

Can't waste time on anyone that thinks bracy is good.

Jury is still out on Lewis, obviously he's playing as a frosh and starting so that says something, but i'm giving my analysis based on what I see. Bracy was in a similar spot as a youngster getting PT and I flat out said he isn't good and would get passed over by hopefully someone good. I got slammed then because others said he was going to be really good. I was right with half of it, he's been passed over by someone that isn't that good. That says something about our CB situation right now.

How well can Lea and Team disguise coverages and help out lewis will be key. Need to slow down the run without over committing. Can't give up such easy completions as the first game.

Hope we win this Saturday and win it all, we’re 10 point dogs for a reason .... 10-15 vs 1-5

I think the main reason for their being 10-point favorites is reputation (having won NCs recently) and Trevor Lawrence. Because as well as Book's played, Lawrence is the future #1 draft pick, and is considered better.

But as for the rest of the team, I think we're every bit as good as Clemson. And I think we can win, as long as Book plays well.

Here’s what I see. ND has signed a very talented group who wants to be at ND. Many of the really elite players are eyeing the NFL and what environment that will help them get there. In my mind, ND is one of those teams. However, you’re going to have to go to class and take some tough classes. Maybe that scares off some kids. I’m not sure. Either way, this is a talented class and I’m glad they are all in for the Irish.

I feel ND has had success putting guys in the NFL during the BK era.

Reactions: tkirish
I feel ND has had success putting guys in the NFL during the BK era.
Agree... We have recruited some really good players, and MR Rees and company have found high potential diamonds in the rough before some big boys got to them.......... 80% of our classes have been awesome, there's just a few players it seems to be every class that are head scratchers to me. Seems like we just accept someone to hit a number then actually feel they can contribute some day.

Reactions: scubastevefl
Agree... We have recruited some really good players, and MR Rees and company have found high potential diamonds in the rough before some big boys got to them.......... 80% of our classes have been awesome, there's just a few players it seems to be every class that are head scratchers to me. Seems like we just accept someone to hit a number then actually feel they can contribute some day.
You probably thought guys like White, Ogendeji, Bauer, Cross, Dj brown,Cbo were head scratchers.

The coaches know what they are doing. They are really really good at their jobs

You probably thought guys like White, Ogendeji, Bauer, Cross, Dj brown,Cbo were head scratchers.

The coaches know what they are doing. They are really really good at their jobs
Cbo for sure, kinda dj brown.......... i was on the fence with white
definitely not Ogdndeji, bauer, cross... you could see the talent in those 3 for sure, cross was a 4 star

I like Chance Tucker to be a very good cb for ND. Not the numbers we need but I think we got a good one in Tucker.

We were due a depth class and this is it. I trust elston in developing the dline. He's getting guys that fit a profile and building waves of dline men to send in. Confident we are fine here.

TEs are definitely more brock wright then mini gronk but we have done fine here and have mini gronk for two more years. We need the blocking tes and got them.
I actually coached Chance Tucker in other sports when he was like 11, dude is a natural athlete for sure. Was crazy seeing his name when he committed.

You couldn’t hold my jock, yea that is true. I’ve been pretty darn spot on in my player evaluations, it’s not that hard. Book stops panicking and keeping his eyes up in the pocket and now he’s phenomenal.

Right on bracy 4 years ago, 3 years ago, 2 years ago, and this year.
Lewis won’t make mental mistakes or bracy but his physical talent isn’t there.
bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! again-bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Debate is fun, especially on topics/subjects you are passionate about.

Can't waste time on anyone that thinks bracy is good.

Jury is still out on Lewis, obviously he's playing as a frosh and starting so that says something, but i'm giving my analysis based on what I see. Bracy was in a similar spot as a youngster getting PT and I flat out said he isn't good and would get passed over by hopefully someone good. I got slammed then because others said he was going to be really good. I was right with half of it, he's been passed over by someone that isn't that good. That says something about our CB situation right now.

How well can Lea and Team disguise coverages and help out lewis will be key. Need to slow down the run without over committing. Can't give up such easy completions as the first game.
What do you suggest ND does w Bracy?

He gave up td at Clemson... benche remainder of game..... gave up two tds at unc, benched remainder of game, benched vs Syracuse,
Came in late, tripped over his own feet, didn’t even try to get up and make play, 80 yd rushing td because of it ..... that’s 4

So you are blaming that TD vs. Clemson on him? I'd hate to be your teammate. He played that just below perfect. They scored on NOTRE DAME because the play was perfect.

As far as 2 TDs vs. UNC goes, before I take anything you say as gospel, I would watch those plays you are alleging as Bracey's fault. I bet there were lapses elsewhere that could be considered and by your blame standards, Bracey probably was all over his guy.

Then says "Came in late" "Tripped over his own feet" gave up on play AND THE ONE GUY, OUT OF ELEVEN, you claim is at fault for an 80 yard run? Bracy. lol (Had to edit this part to show he blamed 1 man for an 80 yd. run).

Same thing with everything else you are saying. I think you come across as convincing, with colorful detail, but hey, if trump can fool 74 million people, you can try to fool a silly ND website about Bracey giving up 4 YDs in his last 5 plays, right?

Last edited:
I need to bump this again.. makes me chuckle... bracy had great coverage .., ha. He got burned by 10 yards because he was still in backpedal as wr was running by him. He got benched for a reason. Same with unc, don’t get burned deep. Nope

Bump it 100 times. You are the joker. I will go with Tony Dungy analyses and admiration for the ND Defensive Backfield.

Reactions: Pennick4
I agree 100% with this. I just think Lewis's physical traits are severely lacking other than size. He's mentally tough enough to not make bone head mistakes. I think that's why he's playing. Staff can trust him to do what they need, which isn't much, it's play soft, let the other wr catch it if it's a good pass, and tackle right away.

Even in backtracking, you don't know wtf you're talking about.

Reactions: DublinND
I don't think Lewis is a mistake, but if he's a 4 year starter and doesn't get passed up, either i'm completely wrong (Doubt it) or we'll be weak at the corner position.

Lewis is the depth player that shouldn't be counted on as a starter on a good to elite team.

Again, he's writing off a freshman? pmho = pulling my hair out hahaha just can't take anything this guy says seriously.

Reactions: hvillebill
What do you suggest ND does w Bracy?
I’m not at practices so I assume he’s giving his all, I’d move on in the sense he should be 3rd or scout team. Focus on younger players for next year. Bracy wasn’t good to begin with before mental issues.

So you are blaming that TD vs. Clemson on him? I'd hate to be your teammate. He played that just below perfect. They scored on NOTRE DAME because the play was perfect.

As far as 2 TDs vs. UNC goes, before I take anything you say as gospel, I would watch those plays you are alleging as Bracey's fault. I bet there were lapses elsewhere that could be considered and by your blame standards, Bracey probably was all over his guy.

Then says "Came in late" "Tripped over his own feet" gave up on play AND THE ONE GUY, OUT OF ELEVEN, you claim is at fault for an 80 yard run? Bracy. lol (Had to edit this part to show he blamed 1 man for an 80 yd. run).

Same thing with everything else you are saying. I think you come across as convincing, with colorful detail, but hey, if trump can fool 74 million people, you can try to fool a silly ND website about Bracey giving up 4 YDs in his last 5 plays, right?
Answer me this, simple question. Why was bracy benched during first quarter of Clemson for remainder of game? Why was bracy benched during first quarter vsunc for remainder of game? Why did he only play last few minutes vs cuse?

Again, he's writing off a freshman? pmho = pulling my hair out hahaha just can't take anything this guy says seriously.
You haven’t brought any context other than bracy has perfect
Coverage but then keeps getting benched? That makes no sense, maybe you need to re think your analysis of cb play mr Jefferson.

Answer me this, simple question. Why was bracy benched during first quarter of Clemson for remainder of game? Why was bracy benched during first quarter vsunc for remainder of game? Why did he only play last few minutes vs cuse?

For the same reasons Lea played many different players all over the defense. He probably looks at the offense's strengths and weaknesses, the individual match-ups, the tendencies, when so and so is in here's what they do, so maybe there are situational changes based on a myriad of "analytics"

Coverage but then keeps getting benched? That makes no sense, maybe you need to re think your analysis of cb play mr Jefferson.

No, I pointed out the one play that you damned him on. I said almost perfect, and it was, but a better throw and catch. Again, you would get your ass kicked if you played on the team I played on by blaming him for that and him alone for an 80 yard run. It's stupid talk.

For the same reasons Lea played many different players all over the defense. He probably looks at the offense's strengths and weaknesses, the individual match-ups, the tendencies, when so and so is in here's what they do, so maybe there are situational changes based on a myriad of "analytics"
Wow.... I agree with you actually. Formula..., (pass is thrown) + (bracy in coverage) = failure

No, I pointed out the one play that you damned him on. I said almost perfect, and it was, but a better throw and catch. Again, you would get your ass kicked if you played on the team I played on by blaming him for that and him alone for an 80 yard run. It's stupid talk.
I was the person that would be chewing out that type of poor mental focus and effort.

Disappointing class my a**.

We're about to land 2 more 4 stars tomorrow.

Great class
Kelly said in his presser that he expected at least two more to sign by the end of the early signing period.

Starting to look like it'll be 4*s Estime and Gee, if that's the case this will be the deepest class he's signed at Notre Dame. That's before we add either Diggs or Cardwell in Feburary.

Some fans don't know how good we've got it.

Last edited:
Kelly said in his presser that he expected at least two more to sign by the end of the early signing period.

Starting to look like it'll be 4*s Estime and Gee, if that's the case this will be the deepest class he's signed at Notre Dame. That's before we add either Diggs or Cardwell in Feburary.

Some fans don't know how good we've got it.

And the 2 more I think he was referring to RBs.

Evaluating classes on NSD is just not smart. Individuals who are paid a salary to evaluate HS Seniors gave the following players a 5 Star Rating on 247 Sports.

BUSTS for ND
Aaron Lynch
Ishaq Williams
Dayne Crist
Gunner Kiel
James Aldridge
Max Redfield

SOLID STARTERS
Jimmy Clausen
Sam Young
Victor Abiamiri
Duval Kamara
Tommy Kraemer
Mark Levoir

TOTAL STUDS
Jaylon Smith
Manti Te"o
Michael Floyd

20% ended up being real difference makers and All America types for ND.
40% ended up being solid starters for ND
40% ended up being complete busts for ND

The message board is free exchange of ideas, but it would be really helpful if some folks knew what they were talking about. Calling the 2020 class, which by the way was not ever complete yet "disappointing" was dumb. Consider that a free exchange of my ideas

Let me first start off by saying that I value your insight and opinions. You can tell that you’re passionate about ND football, and want the best for your team.

I do have to ask though, are you from Cleveland? You have this uncanny knack of bringing an entire thread down. It feels like you can’t truly enjoy something because you think it’ll all turn to shit soon. I’m not saying you should be overly optimistic, but don’t you get exhausted being the grinch all year long? Just be happy for once man. Please.

makes sense since 65 year olds see really well

Very solid finishing touches on class. This class provides some big time depth. I don't see enough difference makers on D though.

Very solid finishing touches on class. This class provides some big time depth. I don't see enough difference makers on D though.
I will say this, I wish we could've pulled Gilliam from Oklahoma to pair with Rubio as an instant impact D lineman. That said, this is the best offensive class Kelly's pulled in his tenure (at least on paper) and the defensive players in this class are nothing to scoff at either.

Depending on the player development this could (should) turn out to be Kelly's deepest class.

Always nice to hear from former Lions GM Matt Mullen.🙄

Let me first start off by saying that I value your insight and opinions. You can tell that you’re passionate about ND football, and want the best for your team.

I do have to ask though, are you from Cleveland? You have this uncanny knack of bringing an entire thread down. It feels like you can’t truly enjoy something because you think it’ll all turn to shit soon. I’m not saying you should be overly optimistic, but don’t you get exhausted being the grinch all year long? Just be happy for once man. Please.

Not only that he overstated my age by half a decade! The noive I tell ya...

Ha. I'm always happy to be honest with you. But i'm wired to always want to be better. ND is so darn close to being NC caliber. I don't think we are there this year, but so darn close. We have a chance if book plays elite.

It's what makes great players great and great coaches great, you aren't ever satisfied. Wins are celebrated for a short amount of time, then it's back to work on how you get better.

When people asked what drove me as a player my answer was always the same "
Not only that he overstated my age by half a decade! The noive I tell ya...
Eyes are going bad a lot quicker as people spend more time in front of computers .... I guess 60 year old eyes

Reactions: Kontiki09
Nasty is right about Bracy being benched during the Clemson game and his playing time has been dramatically reduced since. Others here are right to challenge Nasty assessment that he played the first Clemson TD terribly, as I think he played it well, just got beat by a superior catch. Happens all the time. That said, there is no denying that Bracy has struggled after a pretty good start, and lots of reports suggest he has lost his confidence. Corner is one position where confidence is critically essential and You have to immediately shake off when you get beat, and fully expect to win the next round. lack of confidence equates to overthinking and playing slow and soft, and more failure, and spiraling down. Who knows how he handles this going forward, but way too early to simply write him of.
Everything I read about Lewis is that he is assignment correct almost every play, and the coaches love this about him. Personally, I think he is playing faster as he gains Playing experience at this level.
Crazy that we’re debating these two young players and their future after a really good signing class, and on the eve of another possibly historic ND war! Go Irish.

Fair enough. Let’s hope our Irish whoop some ass tomorrow.

Ha. I'm always happy to be honest with you. But i'm wired to always want to be better. ND is so darn close to being NC caliber. I don't think we are there this year, but so darn close. We have a chance if book plays elite.

It's what makes great players great and great coaches great, you aren't ever satisfied. Wins are celebrated for a short amount of time, then it's back to work on how you get better.

When people asked what drove me as a player my answer was always the same "

Eyes are going bad a lot quicker as people spend more time in front of computers .... I guess 60 year old eyes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT