ADVERTISEMENT

Disappointing Class

And he’s played terrible, no other option with poor recruiting and bracy just horrendous

Sorry but this is just crazy talk. I am going to re-post from another thread what I said Monday:

I don't think the DBs are nearly as bad as many here think. I think Lea is trusting them in one-on-one a lot because of their talent as well as, stunts and blitzes and coverage guys and safety blitzes he sends in. He uses an array of schemes because he has so much more talent than in the past. Wait until he tries to instill into Vandy's Defense. lol

It's a double edged sword. We want more blitzing and when we get it our corners bear the brunt of that if we don't get to the QB.

Bracey has played very well this year. McCloud was not very good the first 5 games but got better the last 5. Maybe you look to the play against Clemson where a great pass had to be delivered and was, and where we all saw the camera from the back of the end zone and the play coming right at us, and their guy caught it with Bracey right on him. For me? I see that as a great pass and catch. The ball had to basically be delivered at the exact spot it was, and their guy caught it.

Maybe we're not recruiting DBs like LSU can, but I think All of our DBs have stepped up when called upon. That may change Saturday with Lawrence. I'm expecting Clemson and Lawrence to put up 45.

Sorry but this is just crazy talk. I am going to re-post from another thread what I said Monday:

I don't think the DBs are nearly as bad as many here think. I think Lea is trusting them in one-on-one a lot because of their talent as well as, stunts and blitzes and coverage guys and safety blitzes he sends in. He uses an array of schemes because he has so much more talent than in the past. Wait until he tries to instill into Vandy's Defense. lol

It's a double edged sword. We want more blitzing and when we get it our corners bear the brunt of that if we don't get to the QB.

Bracey has played very well this year. McCloud was not very good the first 5 games but got better the last 5. Maybe you look to the play against Clemson where a great pass had to be delivered and was, and where we all saw the camera from the back of the end zone and the play coming right at us, and their guy caught it with Bracey right on him. For me? I see that as a great pass and catch. The ball had to basically be delivered at the exact spot it was, and their guy caught it.

Maybe we're not recruiting DBs like LSU can, but I think All of our DBs have stepped up when called upon. That may change Saturday with Lawrence. I'm expecting Clemson and Lawrence to put up 45.
Did you just say bracy has played very well this year? You can’t be taken seriously after that comment

we are having Lewis play off 10-15 yards if he’s in man, occasionally roll coverage underneath with de or lb, or safety over top if we press... not often with Lewis

hope is pressure causes poor throw or long out is off target, worst case they make catch and we tackle... it’s not playing coverage, it’s ensuring we don’t give up an easy quick td like bracy has multiple times

Last edited:
Did you just say bracy has played very well this year? You can’t be taken seriously after that commen

we are having Lewis play off 10-15 yards if he’s in man, occasionally roll coverage underneath with de or lb, or safety over top if we press... not often with Lewis

hope is pressure causes poor throw or long out is off target, worst case they make catch and we tackle... it’s not playing coverage, it’s ensuring we don’t give up an easy quick td like bracy has multiple times

I will have to take that as a compliment if it's you saying it. Just how many TDs has Bracy been responsible for this year? And maybe they're throwing at him more because when #20 Crawford is playing corner, they know not to test him - who btw is another guy you think is bad. Actually you think they're all bad. So, who is it that shouldn't be taken seriously?

I know comparing Bama and ND in recruiting is not fair..... Charles Huff was the lead recruiter for Bama who landed 5-5* players from 5 different states! I think I got the facts straight lol!

I will have to take that as a compliment if it's you saying it. Just how many TDs has Bracy been responsible for this year? And maybe they're throwing at him more because when #20 Crawford is playing corner, they know not to test him - who btw is another guy you think is bad. Actually you think they're all bad. So, who is it that shouldn't be taken seriously?
Bracy was responsible for 4tds in the last handful of snaps he’s played

I know comparing Bama and ND in recruiting is not fair..... Charles Huff was the lead recruiter for Bama who landed 5-5* players from 5 different states! I think I got the facts straight lol!
Will never be bama in recruiting but can’t have major holes in recruiting like we have at times.... bama has no holes in recruiting for 10 years

Crawford isn’t bad in coverage he’s been bad tackling

the person who shouldn’t be taken seriously is the person who thinks bracy has played very well this year. Find someone to agree with you

Yea, that's BS. 10 other guys did their job on those 4 TDs out of his last 5 plays? C'mon dude, get a grip.
He gave up td at Clemson... benche remainder of game..... gave up two tds at unc, benched remainder of game, benched vs Syracuse,
Came in late, tripped over his own feet, didn’t even try to get up and make play, 80 yd rushing td because of it ..... that’s 4

Did you just say bracy has played very well this year? You can’t be taken seriously after that comment

Absolutely amazing that despite all the shitty 3* corners on the roster Notre Dame has managed a top 10 defense.

Absolutely amazing that despite all the shitty 3* corners on the roster Notre Dame has managed a top 10 defense.
Grad transfer so one hole due to recruiting... shows how good Nd is at every other position, imagine if we had a descent second corner.... we had two corners in 18, one injured, game over

Grad transfer so one hole due to recruiting... shows how good Nd is at every other position, imagine if we had a descent second corner.... we had two corners in 18, one injured, game over
The defense didn't cost us the game in 2018, nobody was holding that team under 30.

Notre Dame played scared on offense, that on top of Chip Long's horrific play calling did us in.

The defense didn't cost us the game in 2018, nobody was holding that team under 30.

Notre Dame played scared on offense, that on top of Chip Long's horrific play calling did us in.
Agree 100% with you here, with that said, our D was dominating until love went out

First of all, none of our coaches or even Balis has had an opportunity to mold or develop them as of yet. To throw this class under the bus as underwhelming is a slap in the face to each of these young men. Many weren't high on some of the 20' class but guys like Kiser,Liaufau,Lewis and Baker have had very good moments of showing what they are capable of. Others are developing through practice,body changes and discipline. While some see a great player like Kollie's abilities,I also see a Chance Tucker's. Look how long it took an Avery DAVIS but he certainly has been valuable to the team this year. Same with McKinley. Not one of us can look down the road to see who might be the next WU,ADE,Foskey on D. Who might become the next Kyren, Mayer,etc. Sit back and enjoy what ND is blessed to have. That 22' class is going to be good but ND isn't getting 4-5 five stars every year like the Bamas. Those kids do not want the educational workload that ND expects. There extra time is developing for the NFL. If they are severely injured,they won't have the degree ND kids have to fall back on. If I were looking at the big picture ,ND would be my choice every time.
Exactly, making concrete evaluations of kids when they are still in high school or true freshman is just silly. Many here were calling for Patterson to be benched last year. They have no idea about the development process and the many factors involved.

This sounds like the same talk when we signed John Ryan and rob parris. It was crystal clear they weren’t athletic enough to play at NDs level needed yet all these fans were praising how good they were.... film evaluation isn’t difficult, finding the players early enough that aren’t well known is the challenge, we’ve done that pretty well and have a few this class, but too many of our 3 stars this class just aren’t good
" just aren't good " ? Getting scholarship offers from lots of schools but just aren't good ? Schools routinely offer scholarships to kids that aren't good ? So based on minimal film availability you've managed to come to these conclusions ? And you're not getting paid by some major college program for this remarkable gift ? How can that be ?

Reactions: SIhoosier26
" just aren't good " ? Getting scholarship offers from lots of schools but just aren't good ? Schools routinely offer scholarships to kids that aren't good ? So based on minimal film availability you've managed to come to these conclusions ? And you're not getting paid by some major college program for this remarkable gift ? How can that be ?
I'm surprised you made it all the way through that drivel, some of the posts in this thread are some of the worst I've seen on this board and that's saying a lot.

" Lewis isn't good". That tells it all about your talent evaluation skill set. Can't take anything you post seriously after that ridiculous comment.
He isn’t..,. Bracy isn’t either. Let me know when either has a good game. People were praising Lewis for his 10+ tackles, it’s because he gave up 10+ receptions. Terrible

Oh please, not good for what Nd is trying to accomplish.
Coaches make mistakes, we all do. Coaches absolutely know recruiting rankings and what their teams is ranked. Weis took flyers recruiting I believe to raise ranking when he missed on better options, Kelly has done it some as well.

Why don't you stick to accuracy ?

Like how many 10 year old boys pants you pulled down yesterday .

Clown Show
That’s pretty disgusting and very alarming that’s what you think about... should you be banned for this disgusting comment?

Snowflake farm in aisle Notre dame rivals message board....., participation trophies for all players on the team! Everyone is an amazing player and Notre dame Kelly and staff are perfect.

until we win a championship I won’t forget or move completely on from bama 2012, bvg, Miami 2017, Clemson 2018, UM 2019 ... gotta win something meaningful to make up for those blunders. Program is in a really good spot now, good enough to win Saturday and or a cfp title? Let’s see what Kelly and team have !

Reactions: valianted25

I need to bump this again.. makes me chuckle... bracy had great coverage .., ha. He got burned by 10 yards because he was still in backpedal as wr was running by him. He got benched for a reason. Same with unc, don’t get burned deep. Nope

Hey Sport, what about my actual post did you disagree with? I am making a broad commentary that this should be a forum for the free exchange of thoughts and ideas - positive or negative - regardless of our "credentials". The quality of the post should stand or fall on its own merit. Maybe Nasty is an asshole, but maybe he's got a point.
Well there's no maybe about it...

Snowflake farm in aisle Notre dame rivals message board....., participation trophies for all players on the team! Everyone is an amazing player and Notre dame Kelly and staff are perfect.

until we win a championship I won’t forget or move completely on from bama 2012, bvg, Miami 2017, Clemson 2018, UM 2019 ... gotta win something meaningful to make up for those blunders. Program is in a really good spot now, good enough to win Saturday and or a cfp title? Let’s see what Kelly and team have !

Live in the now

Get a life

So telling your comment " let's see what Kelly and the team have "

You have to throw the HC's name out first because this way your covered.

If we lose it's on Kelly.

Just part of your scrub , wannabe , never was personna.

Pathetic

Lewis bracy .... should I keep going?
Lewis has been great as a true freshman. You're just not adept enough to recognize it. Bracy ? I don't think I was ever gung ho about him other than to say I thought he would develop into a solid contributor. He's certainly regressed this year. He'll get a chance to right the ship going forward.

He isn’t..,. Bracy isn’t either. Let me know when either has a good game. People were praising Lewis for his 10+ tackles, it’s because he gave up 10+ receptions. Terrible
Please. First off he's a true freshman. How many true freshman corners at any school have been dominant from day one in the last decade ? You can count them on one hand. Your level of expectation is ridiculous. They are playing him in the same manner that 99% of every other school does with true freshman at that position. I think he's been excellent given how they're utilizing him. Bright,bright future. Brian Kelly and Clark Lea know what's on their teams best interests personnel wise.

Oh please, not good for what Nd is trying to accomplish.
Coaches make mistakes, we all do. Coaches absolutely know recruiting rankings and what their teams is ranked. Weis took flyers recruiting I believe to raise ranking when he missed on better options, Kelly has done it some as well.
So you're saying Lewis is a mistake ? That's absurd. Every staff has missed on players. Those guys don't see the field. The job Bill Rees has done finding talented guys that "fit" ND is tremendous. Might be the MVP of the program. The vast majority of the most highly regarded high school players are looking for the quickest path to the NFL with the least amount of resistance along the way. That can't be found at ND. It's the main reason many highly rated kids who can get in choose not too.

Last edited:
Reactions: jcswoopnh
Live in the now

Get a life

Pathetic

I don't think you get it. I'm sure he's watched film just as much as our coaches and talked to the recruits one on one so he knows more than even the coaches. I mean without his constant berating of certain players, this board just wouldn't be the same. Also, unlike you, he is obsessed enough to log on in the morning and find every post that mentioned him and feel the need to respond. He is an inspiration to all the self-absorbed egotists.

Live in the now

Get a life

Pathetic
If we lose it always starts at the head coach as it should. He runs the show. If a company is doing bad it starts with the CEO, he/she runs the show.

ND has played in a championship and CFP playoff game and didn't show up. We also have been down right embarrassed a few times while having really really good teams under kelly in the last few years. That just can't happen. It's one thing to lose, it's another to not be prepared and not show up. We were the favorite in one and a FG dog in the other.

I'm a kelly fan, but he hasn't shown he's a championship caliber coach. is this the year to break through? If he wins the ACC title that's a heck of a start. Beating this clemson team twice in the same year would be a heck of an accomplishment.

Reactions: valianted25
Please. First off he's a true freshman. How many true freshman corners at any school have been dominant from day one in the last decade ? You can count them on one hand. Your level of expectation is ridiculous. They are playing him in the same manner that 99% of every other school does with true freshman at that position. I think he's been excellent given how they're utilizing him. Bright,bright future. Brian Kelly and Clark Lea know what's on their teams best interests personnel wise.
I agree 100% with this. I just think Lewis's physical traits are severely lacking other than size. He's mentally tough enough to not make bone head mistakes. I think that's why he's playing. Staff can trust him to do what they need, which isn't much, it's play soft, let the other wr catch it if it's a good pass, and tackle right away.

So you're saying Lewis is a mistake ? That's absurd. Every staff has missed on players. Those guys don't see the field. The job Bill Rees has done finding talented guys that "fit" ND is tremendous. Might be the MVP of the program. The vast majority of the most highly regarded high school players are looking for the quickest path to the NFL with the least amount of resistance along the way. That can't be found at ND. It's the main reason many highly rated kids who can get in choose not too.
I don't think Lewis is a mistake, but if he's a 4 year starter and doesn't get passed up, either i'm completely wrong (Doubt it) or we'll be weak at the corner position.

Lewis is the depth player that shouldn't be counted on as a starter on a good to elite team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT