ADVERTISEMENT

Carr is Irish!

I hope you're wrong on this Zorich. Carr looks the part, he's big and seems to throw well. He's got great bloodlines and has been coached by the best his whole life. He's exactly what ND hasn't had since Clausen. Now let's see if ND can keep him in the fold..
Carr as that one dimension that sets quarterbacks apart.....poise. He is cool under pressure and has that confidence. Obviously....Joe Montana is the gold standard....one to emulate. ND has a future quarterback that is a complete package. Its about time.

Reactions: Golson5
Carr as that one dimension that sets quarterbacks apart.....poise. He is cool under pressure and has that confidence. Obviously....Joe Montana is the gold standard....one to emulate. ND has a future quarterback that is a complete package. Its about time.
Jimmy Clausen is the best QB throwing the football I have ever seen play at Notre Dame. And he only stayed 3 seasons. Anything close to Clausen is good with me.

• Haha
Reactions: IrishBeer
Jimmy Clausen is the best QB throwing the football I have ever seen play at Notre Dame. And he only stayed 3 seasons. Anything close to Clausen is good with me.
I hope he is better and he'll need to be. His athleticism and leadership needs to be much better than Clausens. Athleticism is a given. Hes a very good athlete. And he seems to be a natural leader. So far so good

I do not see Clausen as better than CJ. He had a lot of celebrity like status.Brought a lot of attention. He was good, but he wasn’t elite. There are at least 5 QBs in college football right now that are better.

I do not see Clausen as better than CJ. He had a lot of celebrity like status.Brought a lot of attention. He was good, but he wasn’t elite. There are at least 5 QBs in college football right now that are better.
Clausen could throw as well as any QB I have seen in college.

Reactions: bizzybecknd
What matters right now is that the quarterback room has significantly more promise than in many years past. That reason for optimism will spread to better recruiting in the receiver corps as well. If we look back at where the glaring holes were in playoff games.....these are the first that come to mind.

Any college QB who goes on to start in the NFL is elite !

Clausen was better than good !

Have you bothered to examine his stats at ND ?

His Junior and final year stats at ND are elite !

So you have the ability to project and see into the future ?

You already know how CJ will fare in college and the NFL ?

That’s a remarkable skill !

What colleges and NFL teams have contacted you in order to retain your services ?

So you have the ability to project and see into the future ?

You already know how CJ will fare in college and the NFL ?

That’s a remarkable skill !

What colleges and NFL teams have contacted you in order to retain your services ?
All I said was I don’t see him as worse than Clausen. That would be based on where they both were as seniors in high school.

Any college QB who goes on to start in the NFL is elite !

Clausen was better than good !

Have you bothered to examine his stats at ND ?

His Junior and final year stats at ND are elite !
Depends on your definition of elite. I was going with elite NFL talent as being one of the greats.

What matters right now is that the quarterback room has significantly more promise than in many years past. That reason for optimism will spread to better recruiting in the receiver corps as well. If we look back at where the glaring holes were in playoff games.....these are the first that come to mind.
No doubt Hartman will have a very positive impact on Minchey. No doubt. I bet he rubs off in leadership, work ethic, film analysis, etc. One cannot overstate the positive impact a young guy gets from hanging with, watching and competing with one of the nations best QB’s.

But I also see him as a positive for the WR’s who will get a lot more catches than they would have with Buchner.

Those receivers will be ready to help the next (and more inexperienced) QB bc they had Hartman feeding them balls the year prior.

This trickle down impact has been seen in the TE room for years as well as the OL.

Last edited:
All I said was I don’t see him as worse than Clausen. That would be based on where they both were as seniors in high school.
NO, that’s not what you said !

You said that you don’t see Clausen as BETTER than CJ.

Clausen was a proven commodity with outstanding numbers at ND, CJ remains an unknown commodity at ND

NO, that’s not what you said !

You said that you don’t see Clausen as BETTER than CJ.

Clausen was a proven commodity with outstanding numbers at ND, CJ remains an unknown commodity at ND
I don’t see him better than CJ. We don’t know.

Best throwing QB I have ever seen wearing a Notre Dame uniform. And if he stays a fourth season........
Lack of athleticism and leadership. Also not the strongest arm ever

Most accurate ND qb I've seen yes

Lack of athleticism and leadership. Also not the strongest arm ever

Most accurate ND qb I've seen yes
28-4, 3722, 68.8%, is enough leadership for me in your third season of college.

7 and 6 record. I didnt know stats was leadership. I guess that means Johhny Manziel and Jamarcus Russell were great leaders too?
I remember losing 45-38 to Stanford that season. The program was a dumpster fire, and that is not on Clausen. Charlie Weis was a lousy head coach.

I remember losing 45-38 to Stanford that season. The program was a dumpster fire, and that is not on Clausen. Charlie Weis was a lousy head coach.
Yep. And he went 19 and 6 with the better QB, Brady Quinn

Yep. And he went 19 and 6 with the better QB, Brady Quinn
Then 2004 and 2005 Ty Willingham abysmal recruiting, and Charlie Weis recruiting......Weis had no clue recruiting an entire roster, hit really hard in Jimmy Clausen's freshman season in 2007(3-9), 2008, and 2009.

Last edited:
7 and 6 record. I didnt know stats was leadership. I guess that means Johhny Manziel and Jamarcus Russell were great leaders too?
Maybe you should look at the rest of the roster.

By your argument Paul Hornung wasn’t very good, but despite your analogy he managed to win the Heisman.

I don’t see him better than CJ. We don’t know.
You don’t ?

Clausen has a proven, documented college record !

What does CJ have as of today ?

Only our good wishes for a wonderful career ?

Then 2004 and 2005 Ty Willingham abysmal recruiting, and Charlie Weis recruiting......Weis had no clue recruiting an entire roster, hit really hard in Jimmy Clausen's freshman season in 2007(3-9), 2008, and 2009.
Recruiting was not his issue, hiring other coaches development, etc were. We had talent in all areas. 2007 disaster was willingham failure in recruiting

Maybe you should look at the rest of the roster.

By your argument Paul Hornung wasn’t very good, but despite your analogy he managed to win the
NFL guys on that roster

Golden Tate
Mike Floyd
Kyle Rudolph
Jonas Gray
Theo Riddick
Robert Hughes
Kap
Ian Williams
Manti Teo
Darius Fleming
Robert Blanton
Harrison Smith
Sergio Brown
Darrin Walls
Zeke Motta
Sam Young
Trevor Robinson

Pretty damn talented roster Id say. Maybe a few more I missed

NFL guys on that roster

Golden Tate
Mike Floyd
Kyle Rudolph
Jonas Gray
Theo Riddick
Robert Hughes
Kap
Ian Williams
Manti Teo
Darius Fleming
Robert Blanton
Harrison Smith
Sergio Brown
Darrin Walls
Zeke Motta
Sam Young
Trevor Robinson

What year roster ?

Recruiting was not his issue, hiring other coaches development, etc were. We had talent in all areas. 2007 disaster was willingham failure in recruiting
I was told 7-6 in 2009 was largely due to Jimmy Clausen and his lack of "leadership." Still smh.

It was definitely part of it. Among many reasons.

6 and 6 with all that talent.
As I stated, when a third year junior QB goes 28-4, 3722, 68.8%, my reaction is attaboy, and Thank You.

Imagine a season 6 like 25-year-old Stetson Bennett enjoyed last season.

As I stated, when a third year junior QB goes 28-4, 3722, 68.8%, my reaction is attaboy, and Thank You.

Imagine a season 6 like 25-year-old Stetson Bennett enjoyed last season.
My reaction is you gotta win more games

It was definitely part of it. Among many reasons.

6 and 6 with all that talent.
On what do you base your opinion that Clausen’s leadership was lacking? To say that his leadership contributed to 6-6 is very unfair. Check out these stat rankings:

ND Sacks Allowed Per Game: 70th
ND Rush YPG: 84th
ND Rush Yards Per Carry: 75th
ND Defensive YPG Allowed: 86th
ND PPG Allowed: 63rd

Poor running game/offensive line. Poor defense. That’s why ND went 6-6 in 2009.

Clausen completed 68% of his passes; 3,800 yards; 28-4 TD-INT ratio (one of which hit Floyd in the back who was blocking instead of running a route). What more is he supposed to do? Even if his leadership was lacking, so? The guy played lights out.

NFL guys on that roster

Golden Tate. So
Mike Floyd. Fr
Kyle Rudolph. Fr
Jonas Gray. Fr. Undrafted free agent
Theo Riddick. Not on 2008 team
Robert Hughes. So. Undrafted free agent
Kap. Fr. Played Defense
Ian Williams. So. Undrafted free agent. Played Defense
Manti Teo. Not on 2008 team
Darius Fleming. Fr. Played Defense
Robert Blanton. Fr. Played Defense
Harrison Smith. So. Played Defense
Sergio Brown. Jr. Undrafted free agent. Played Defense
Darrin Walls. Not on 2008 team
Zeke Motta. Not on 2008 team
Sam Young. Jr
Trevor Robinson Fr. Undrafted free agent

When you take a closer look I wouldn’t categorize the offense as a “pretty damn talented roster, especially when 7 players were only freshman, 4 weren’t even on the team and 6 played defense

On what do you base your opinion that Clausen’s leadership was lacking? To say that his leadership contributed to 6-6 is very unfair. Check out these stat rankings:

ND Sacks Allowed Per Game: 70th
ND Rush YPG: 84th
ND Rush Yards Per Carry: 75th
ND Defensive YPG Allowed: 86th
ND PPG Allowed: 63rd

Poor running game/offensive line. Poor defense. That’s why ND went 6-6 in 2009.

Clausen completed 68% of his passes; 3,800 yards; 28-4 TD-INT ratio (one of which hit Floyd in the back who was blocking instead of running a route). What more is he supposed to do? Even if his leadership was lacking, so? The guy played lights out.
Thank you.

When you take a closer look I wouldn’t categorize the offense as a “pretty damn talented roster, especially when 7 players were only freshman, 4 weren’t even on the team and 6 played defense
Like I said, a very talented roster. Offensively and defensively. And they were all on the roster

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT