ADVERTISEMENT

Carr is Irish!

Good news that CJ is what we thought. A top 5-6 QB in elite 11.

Not as good of news but still happy to hear, Jadyn Davis has not lived up to his ranking at all. **** Michigan.

Good news that CJ is what we thought. A top 5-6 QB in elite 11.

Not as good of news but still happy to hear, Jadyn Davis has not lived up to his ranking at all. **** Michigan.
Problem is the 247 Assessment is exactly the opposite. Not sure what they saw but had Davis 5th and Carr 10🤷‍♂️

As a Mitten resident, the feelings run the gamut of: he'll change his mind once Harbaugh brings home a Natty, how could ND have offered more NIL money than a MI legacy, who was theirs for the taking, Harbaugh lacks the enthusiasm with recruiting and pulls crazy stunts such as tree climbing instead, Harbaugh's fault for the way he plays QBmonopoly by not showing commitment to highly recruited QB's, (think of the Shea Patterson recruitment when he already had a loaded QB room), blaming it on him chasing the Viqueens job immediately following his only B10 championship. Point being of scUM fans in total melt down as referenced earlier and an absolute dream for me to watch and listen. They're incapable of believing or understanding the quality of effort put forth by Rees + Freeman in how they presented ND as THE school which best serves this young man's short and long term efforts. Looking forward to hearing from Tyler as to his take and insider knowledge of how this transpired. Finally, Carr made the decision fully aware of ND's continued pursuit of Moore yet decided to pull the trigger because great players are in part great because they're not afraid of depth charts and belief in their skill sets On the other hand, ND should keep the pedal to the metal with Moore and let the competition play out. Dynasties are created by continually bringing in talented kids which I'm sure ND is telling all the highly ranked kids. Love it, love the way Freeman is true true to his word of recruiting the best ND "fit" kids regardless of region or offer list. Equally good is the staff is in line with his lead and major kudos to Rees for this win. The domino effect can be huge and hoping this puts an early end to young Mosely's commitment for '24. Legacy and now the confidence he'll be catching passes from a Top 5 QB. GO ISIRH!
More like a big win for ND ....Rees is in Tuscaloosa

offensive lines tend to influence and determine the quarterbacks performance

Reactions: NDinNJ
Carr is a stud
I listened to the Tyler James/Eric Hansen video linked on the main page, reporting on their takeaways from today's practice in ND Stadium. Both of them gave high praise to how well CJ Carr played, commenting upon his composure and accuracy. They weren't quite so effusive about the play of Angeli and Minchey. They weren't bad, but didn't look overly impressive. Each threw a pick 6.

On D, both James and Hansen gushed about the play of Boubacar Traore. They also thought Junior Tuihalamaka looked very good. Our defense was very strong last year, but sounds like we could step it up to a new level. That is encouraging.

Reactions: Colombia2003
I said all along CJ was the third best QB in high school last year and he is the future at ND. I also said there is no way ND starts a true freshman at A&M with 100k in fans yelling vulgarity at him all the time. I hope Riley gets better in a hurry.
Needless to say it is hard to look good against that defense considering it will be one of the best in the country, yet CJ scored twice in a glorified scrimmage. It is good to see C. Williams getting into the action as a true frosh. CJ just might start by the 6th or the 7th game. it might be a good thing to ease him into the process instead of throwing him to the wolves right away. I have a feeling Riley will win the QB competition and it will be between CJ and Minchey for number two. Angeli is a good QB but not as good as the other two.

While I also think Carr can be really good, it’s not because Golson says so. I was never a believer in Buchner and disagreed with him relentlessly that he had any business leading the team. Carr has more credibility. He can make all the throws and is a vocal leader. While I like Angeli, Minchey, transfers, and Deuce, it doesn’t really matter imo, this team is getting handed to CJ next year and for the 2 after that.

While I also think Carr can be really good, it’s not because Golson says so. I was never a believer in Buchner and disagreed with him relentlessly that he had any business leading the team. Carr has more credibility. He can make all the throws and is a vocal leader. While I like Angeli, Minchey, transfers, and Deuce, it doesn’t really matter imo, this team is getting handed to CJ next year and for the 2 after that.
Good points.
Which leads to me to believe that it’s inevitable that someone or two of the current qbs either transfer or de commit
Jmo.

The story isn't that cj carr is as advertised. It's that Angeli is still making the same read mistakes and locking in on one receiver.

Minchey had offensive line issues, but made good reads apparently.

I cant see how Angeli holds off one of the young guys for the number two spot. The real question becomes which one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT