ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, what a schedule next season

answer my question, how does ND’s 2020 schedule compare to Clemson’s
I said it’s harder but that ain’t saying much.
Clemson’s schedule is a joke.
Doesn’t mean ours is difficult. As I said, we play similar ACC trash but at least they will get one extra win.

Amazingreis, where are the USC’s and Wisconsin’s on Clemson’s schedule ?

Throw in Navy, a ream that almost always produces injuries to its opponents.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Florida plays 2 FCS teams a year.
ND schedules nationally, plays “home games” on the road, plays teams from every conference, & gets everyone’s best shot.
ND’s schedule is always legit. To say otherwise is just bitching & trolling.
Come on. It’s a decent schedule but let’s not make it out to be a gauntlet.
Until SC and Stanford return to prominence, it’s just not that difficult.

Reactions: bdur76
Best thing about the schedule is we get Navy first and can game plan for them without having to squeeze it in during the season. I wish we could play them first every season and just get the game out of the way.

Third time: Agreed Clemson has easy schedule.

Thanks, and Clemson’s schedule almost guarantees them a spot in the playoffs, even if they go 12-1 with a loss to ND.

Alabama has a difficult schedule as does Ohio State, so I don’t see any easy paths to undefeated teams in 2020, other than Clemson.

Why should a 12-1 Clemson get the nod over a two loss SEC or Big10 team

Would 10-2 ND get bypassed by other 2 loss teams

1 top 5 team
1 top 12 team

3 to 5 other teams ranked in top 25 at some point.

No fcs teams. Only 2 non p5 teams. 1 being a good Navy team.

Strong respectable schedule. Not brutal. Not easy. Good schedule

What?
ND will not be favored by 20 in all those games you listed. Do you pay attention to lines? ND was playing a 7-5 team & favored by 3.5 today.
They will not be favored by 20+ against Arkansas, Wake Forest, Pitt, Duke, GT, Louisville.
ND was coming off a 12-1 CFP appearance & playing a 3 win Louisville team with a new coach & 75 scholarship players & was only favored by 18.5
You really need to try harder to stop hating on everything ND...

tell you what we should do.

let’s bet.

you take ND as a 20-20plus to a 30 point favorite in those games and I’ll take the underdog.

by the way, I’d like you to win every bet, but it’s very doubtful that it would happen.

one injury could alter the entire season

What?
ND will not be favored by 20 in all those games you listed. Do you pay attention to lines? ND was playing a 7-5 team & favored by 3.5 today.
They will not be favored by 20+ against Arkansas, Wake Forest, Pitt, Duke, GT, Louisville.
ND was coming off a 12-1 CFP appearance & playing a 3 win Louisville team with a new coach & 75 scholarship players & was only favored by 18.5
You really need to try harder to stop hating on everything ND...
Mark the tape.

let’s bet.

you take ND as a 20-20plus to a 30 point favorite in those games and I’ll take the underdog.

by the way, I’d like you to win every bet, but it’s very doubtful that it would happen.

Why so upset? If I’m saying they’ll be favored by that many then I’m saying they’re a pretty good team, right?
I just don’t agree this schedule is as tough as you and others.

let’s bet.

We both just need to stop engaging that troll.
He’s obviously bitter & upset ND win today & knows nothing about football despite trying to convince everyone he is an expert.
Pretty all his posts are wrong, but he will keep trolling like a sore loser.

We both just need to stop engaging that troll.
He’s obviously bitter & upset ND win today & knows nothing about football despite trying to convince everyone he is an expert.
Pretty all his posts are wrong, but he will keep trolling like a sore loser.

Really, do you fear the 6/7 opponents I mentioned? Do you honestly believe they’re any damn good?
Come on!
If Alabama or Clemson(Who does play some) was playing any of those, you’d call them layups.
There are about 7 layups on the schedule. It’s just a fact.

This will be a top 5 SOS.

Clemson vs ND is definitely a regular season playoff game.

At Wisconsin is just as tough if not tougher than at the little big house.

Arkansas: Will be fun destroying a SEC team on national TV.

Stanford: The beat downs continue.

SC: ^^

At Wisconsin will be at Lambeau Field and will be a home game for us in one of those bizarro world scheduling arrangements we see these days. They will play in Soldier Field the next year and that will be a Wisconsin home game.

Florida plays 2 FCS teams a year.
ND schedules nationally, plays “home games” on the road, plays teams from every conference, & gets everyone’s best shot.
ND’s schedule is always legit. To say otherwise is just bitching & trolling.
This sums it up perfectly.

I said it’s harder but that ain’t saying much.
Clemson’s schedule is a joke.
Doesn’t mean ours is difficult. As I said, we play similar ACC trash but at least they will get one extra win.
Will you just stop with the ‘ours’ part....like you’re some Irish fan? It’s getting ridiculous man. Who do you think you’re kidding? Grow up.

Why so upset? If I’m saying they’ll be favored by that many then I’m saying they’re a pretty good team, right?
I just don’t agree this schedule is as tough as you and others.

I’m not upset at all, I just thought that I would seize upon a great opportunity.

I’d be thrilled if your prediction came true.

What I don’t think you understand is how difficult it is to win “A” football game, let alone 10 or 12.

Predicting wins by 20 and 30 points borders on bold to exuberant to reckless.

A few years ago against Navy i think ND only had six possessions.
Tough to score a lot of points with only 6 possessions.

Wisconsin, USC, Clemson, not exactly modest opponents

In a lot of years, yes. That's the price of independence. Unless a lot of things go ND's way in a given season, they're unlikely to get in at 11-1.

What? They would have gotten in this year at 11-1. Had they beat Michigan they would have been in over OU.

The problem with 2020 is if the sole loss is against Clemson, it’s a late season loss and there won’t be enough games left to recover from that loss. If its an early season loss as would have been the case this year with UGA, they would have a solid chance at getting in at 11-1. Unfortunately timing has a lot to do with it.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
What? They would have gotten in this year at 11-1. Had they beat Michigan they would have been in over OU.

The problem with 2020 is if the sole loss is against Clemson, it’s a late season loss and there won’t be enough games left to recover from that loss. If its an early season loss as would have been the case this year with UGA, they would have a solid chance at getting in at 11-1. Unfortunately timing has a lot to do with it.
Would depend on how they lost ...close game vs. Michigan type debacle and how many other one loss teams are in contention.

Very slim chance we get in playoffs next year with a loss, even if it’s a close one to Clemson.
Reasons:
Late in season.
It will be a home loss.
Clemson will get a spot in this scenario unless they lose twice which is hard to imagine given their schedule.
Big Ten champ gets a spot.
SEC champion gets a spot.
Either pac 12 or Big 12 - good chance they’d get a spot .
We play fewer games than all of the league champions.
Not enough big time opponents on our schedule to make up for the loss unless someone like Wisky only has one loss(to us).

Must go undefeated in all likelihood

Reactions: pink4141
Very slim chance we get in playoffs next year with a loss, even if it’s a close one to Clemson.
Reasons:
Late in season.
It will be a home loss.
Clemson will get a spot in this scenario unless they lose twice which is hard to imagine given their schedule.
Not enough big time opponents on our schedule to make up for the loss unless someone like Wisky only has one loss(to us).

AGREE

Thats the price for anyone. Independence or not. Going undefeated is only way to guarantee making the playoff
11-1 with a conference championship game to win is a lot better than 11-1 and finished.

Reactions: BM16
I think Oklahoma’s performances are going to start counting against them when it comes to picking final spots. Their OOC is really bad again next year too.

11-1 with a conference championship game to win is a lot better than 11-1 and finished.
11 and 1 with a 2 point loss to Clemson is better than a 12 and 1 Oklahoma playing in that joke of a conference.

11 and 1 close loss to Clemson we can get in over a 12 and 1 b12 or p12 team. Especially if we look dominant in our 11 wins. 12 and 1 Utah isnt getting in over us if we look great

11 and 1 with a 2 point loss to Clemson is better than a 12 and 1 Oklahoma playing in that joke of a conference.

11 and 1 close loss to Clemson we can get in over a 12 and 1 b12 or p12 team. Especially if we look dominant in our 11 wins. 12 and 1 Utah isnt getting in over us if we look great

The timing of the loss would unfortunately carry tremendous weight

Alabama lost their last regular season game Thanksgiving weekend in 2017.

yes, and many questioned them being chosen.
But, it was the influence of the credentials, Saban, Alabama and the SEC. ND doesn’t have that clout.
If anything there’s an anti-ND bias, or did you forget the dissention when ND was 12-0 and being criticized for being named a playoff team.

Reasons:
Late in season.
It will be a home loss.

If you read my post that’s exactly what I said for 2020. If ND is to lose a game. Losing to Wisconsin close earlier in the season and beating Clemson gives ND a much better chance to get in at 11-1.

The timing of the loss would unfortunately carry tremendous weight
Alabama didn’t drop much at all with a late loss in the season to LSU at home. Their second loss to auburn did them in. If Nd is undefeated going into game vs Clemson they will be top 5 most likely Clemson too.

Alabama didn’t drop much at all with a late loss in the season to LSU at home. Their second loss to auburn did them in. If Nd is undefeated going into game vs Clemson they will be top 5 most likely Clemson too.

depends on where other teams are positioned, Clemson would be in, ND, no way, the anti-ND sentiment is too strong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT