ADVERTISEMENT

Wow, what a schedule next season

I'm gonna say 11-1 with the loss being Clemson. Damn it pains me to say that, as I'm loving the ND home win streak. But hey maybe ND will pull it off. Long way till the season starts.

Garbage schedule except for Clemson, Wisky, and USC. Louisville may be challenging if they take another step under Satterfield. If we can beat Wisky and go into Clemson undefeated the hype will be off the charts for that one.

Reactions: DEEMANN2
This will be a top 5 SOS.

Clemson vs ND is definitely a regular season playoff game.

At Wisconsin is just as tough if not tougher than at the little big house.

Arkansas: Will be fun destroying a SEC team on national TV.

Stanford: The beat downs continue.

SC: ^^

Reactions: IrishMike409

I'm seeing 4-5 ranked teams on that schedule. Not too bad. Top 25'ish.

For sure ranked...

Clemson (12-0 in 2019)
Wisconsin (10-3 in 2019)

Possibly ranked...

USC (8-5 in 2019)
Navy (10-2 in 2019)
Louisville (7-5 in 2019)
Wake Forest (8-5 in 2019)

This will be a top 5 SOS.

Clemson vs ND is definitely a regular season playoff game.

At Wisconsin is just as tough if not tougher than at the little big house.

Arkansas: Will be fun destroying a SEC team on national TV.

Stanford: The beat downs continue.

SC: ^^
At Wisconsin is at Lambeau.

With 3 out of the 4 playoff teams being undefeated this year, can a one loss ND make the playoffs in 2020.

does ND have to go undefeated to make the playoffs

With 3 out of the 4 playoff teams being undefeated this year, can a one loss ND make the playoffs in 2020.

does ND have to go undefeated to make the playoffs

In a lot of years, yes. That's the price of independence. Unless a lot of things go ND's way in a given season, they're unlikely to get in at 11-1.

Reactions: Zorich 88
In a lot of years, yes. That's the price of independence. Unless a lot of things go ND's way in a given season, they're unlikely to get in at 11-1.
Thats the price for anyone. Independence or not. Going undefeated is only way to guarantee making the playoff

Thats the price for anyone. Independence or not. Going undefeated is only way to guarantee making the playoff

While true, ND's 11-1 isn't necessarily the same as other team's 12-1 if they win a power 5 conference title in the process... It obviously depends on how ND's loss compares to said theoretical team's loss.

Basically, I see it as hard for all P5 teams to make it at 12-1... I see Notre Dame's path at 11-1 to be even harder because they'll lack that 13th data point

not true, conference champs with one loss have a much better chance of getting in versus a one loss ND team.

even when ND was undefeated many questioned their presence in the playoffs

While true, ND's 11-1 isn't necessarily the same as other team's 12-1 if they win a power 5 conference title in the process... It obviously depends on how ND's loss compares to said theoretical team's loss.

Basically, I see it as hard for all P5 teams to make it at 12-1... I see Notre Dame's path at 11-1 to be even harder because they'll lack that 13th data point

thats where SOS can make the difference.

but as an independent’s SOS increases so does the probability of losses

not true, conference champs with one loss have a much better chance of getting in versus a one loss ND team.

even when ND was undefeated many questioned their presence in the playoffs
They were 3rd when they wint to playoff. Exactly where they should have been. Media doesn't pick the playoffs. Who cares what other people say.

If we beat Michigan we get in over Oklahoma this year

They were 3rd when they wint to playoff. Exactly where they should have been. Media doesn't pick the playoffs. Who cares what other people say.

If we beat Michigan we get in over Oklahoma this year

“if we beat Michigan” ?

we were annihilated !

how can you make that statement when it was never a possibility ?

“if we beat Michigan” ?

we were annihilated !

how can you make that statement when it was never a possibility ?
We were talking about hypotheticals with ND being an independent and how it would affect us if we had 1 loss. I made the point we'd be in the playoff this yr with 1 loss. The whole conversation was hypothetical.

Try to keep up or go take a nap

We get the kinks out for Wisconsin.

Clemson coming to South Bend in November.

it’s my dream to see ND in the Rosebowl.

The Rosebowl is a semi final game.

Let’s Go!

Reactions: IrishMike409
We were talking about hypotheticals with ND being an independent and how it would affect us if we had 1 loss. I made the point we'd be in the playoff this yr with 1 loss. The whole conversation was hypothetical.

Try to keep up or go take a nap

hypothetically then, if we beat Georgia and Michigan we’d be in the playoffs, but we did neither.

2 losses is a terrific season, but it’s doubtful that 2 losses gets you into the playoffs.

SOS is a double edged sword.

Not a hard schedule.
Only one opponent is likely to be top ten by end of next season.
Two will be top 25.
By today’s standards, this is a difficult schedule.

Especially when ND can only afford to lose 1 game in order to make the playoffs.

Amazinggreis,

compare ND’s 2020 schedule to Clemson’s

ND’s is exponentially harder !

By today’s standards, this is a difficult schedule.

Especially when ND can only afford to lose 1 game in order to make the playoffs.
I wouldnt say its difficult or an easy schedule. Its a good solid schedule. Very respectable

Florida plays 2 FCS teams a year.
ND schedules nationally, plays “home games” on the road, plays teams from every conference, & gets everyone’s best shot.
ND’s schedule is always legit. To say otherwise is just bitching & trolling.

Florida plays 2 FCS teams a year.
ND schedules nationally, plays “home games” on the road, plays teams from every conference, & gets everyone’s best shot.
ND’s schedule is always legit. To say otherwise is just bitching & trolling.

AGREE 1,000 %

Reactions: GoldCountryND
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT