ADVERTISEMENT

Winston is ready for NFL

78 How is he hijacking a thread? The OP is Winston.

513 Let's wait until the title 9 investigation is complete. I don't see anyone trying to use the victim, except Winston and his lawyers.

noles in a tizzy...

Go Irish!

Originally posted by jacksondomer:

Johhny O is another handle? WTF! No way I can keep up with this guy....
I would bet that there are more Argus/Nole Cybil personality disorder posters in this thread than actual real people. In fact, its really hard to say how many real posters actually exist on this board anymore. My guess is Argus/No1e now has the majority and with no one moderating this board, its just going to turn into a loony bin with 1 lunatic arguing amongst his hundreds of personalities.

How in any way can anyone say that Notre Dame has had some of the same issues FSU has had.

Sure ND has had players do wrong,but in every case where there was wrongdoing there was decisive action taken and punishment handed out by those at Notre Dame.

On the other hand, FSU has covered up, ignored, fostered and overlooked abhorrent behavior of all sorts. There is a very good dean why FSU football has been repeatedly recognized as one of the Most Corrupt programs in history and why Notre Dame has been recognized as one of the best to emulate.

Be serious!

"I would bet that there are more Argus/Nole Cybil personality disorder posters in this thread than actual real people. In fact, its really hard to say how many real posters actually exist on this board anymore. My guess is Argus/No1e now has the majority and with no one moderating this board, its just going to turn into a loony bin with 1 lunatic arguing amongst his hundreds of personalities."

437...what's your guess...I am saying they are 2 people tops...however, "one lunatic arguing amongst his hundreds of personalities"...now that's some crazy shit right there....

Originally posted by john0gaunt:

513 Let's wait until the title 9 investigation is complete. I don't see anyone trying to use the victim, except Winston and his lawyers.

noles in a tizzy...

Go Irish!
1. When people use the alleged rape constantly as part of their single person crusade against FSU they are exploiting the victim's story.

2. Title 9 isn't going to change the status quo. The title 9 investigation in this matter being run by the feds is looking into whether the investigation of the allegations surrounding Winston was properly done. Even if the feds find there were issues with the handling of the investigation by FSU thats not going to prove Winston was guilty.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Originally posted by SALittleGiant513:

If you actually care about the feelings of the victim then you should encourage people to not exploit her and her story to further their own agenda. By exploiting her story Epic, Big Fella Fan, Dubs, Argus, Marty Might etc., lets assume they are all different people for a second, they are ethically doing something just as bad. By dehumanizing her and reducing her to a mere tool for their self interests they remove any compelling reason for others to care about her story.
Let me take a frickin' guess. You have got to be another one of Argus usernames. What a loser.

ND has never started a QB while a rape investigation of that player is taking place. Not the ND I am familiar with. We might be talking about 2 different schools.

Go Irish!
Maybe not a QB. There other players on a football team then QB.

noles in a tizzy...

Go Irish!
***** ALERT**** Another one of Argus aliases.

AA9qwUG.img

Look on his belly
shock.r191677.gif

Winston has been a epic failure.

I’m not taking a position on this thread/Winston, but I will say that we’ve transitioned from the presumption of innocence to the presumption of guilt and that’s a terrible state of affairs.

Let’s not forget the Duke LaCrosse rape case and all of the other fabricated allegations.

Citizens shouldn’t have to produce evidence of their innocence, the State should have to prove their guilt, as that principle of law has dictated as far back as a Roman times and implied by the 5th, 6th and 14th amendments

I’m not taking a position on this thread/Winston, but I will say that we’ve transitioned from the presumption of innocence to the presumption of guilt and that’s a terrible state of affairs.

Let’s not forget the Duke LaCrosse rape case and all of the other fabricated allegations.

Citizens shouldn’t have to produce evidence of their innocence, the State should have to prove their guilt, as that principle of law has dictated as far back as a Roman times and implied by the 5th, 6th and 14th amendments

The Duke players are nothing like that stalker Winston. Did you know he got suspended for groping a female uber driver. Incident after incident. and you are protecting this punks reputation? John Gotti was left off on trial after trial. And who tried Winston? Nobody ! And he is a lousy QB !

Reactions: NIN Irish
The Duke players are nothing like that stalker Winston. Did you know he got suspended for groping a female uber driver. Incident after incident. and you are protecting this punks reputation? John Gotti was left off on trial after trial. And who tried Winston? Nobody ! And he is a lousy QB !
Bodi,

You have to work on your reading comprehension.

I’m not protecting Winston, I’m protecting every innocent person who has or will be the victims of false allegations, such as in the Duke rape case.

My post isn’t focused on Winston, it’s focus on today’s environment where the presumption of innocence has been replaced by the presumption of guilt.

In both Winston’s and Kavanaugh’s cases, accusations that were made against them were subsequently recanted and admitted as fabrications by the accusers.

We are all at risk of being the innocent victims of false allegations if the presumption of innocence is replaced by the presumption of guilt.

Bodi,

You have to work on your reading comprehension.

I’m not protecting Winston, I’m protecting every innocent person who has or will be the victims of false allegations, such as in the Duke rape case.

My post isn’t focused on Winston, it’s focus on today’s environment where the presumption of innocence has been replaced by the presumption of guilt.

In both Winston’s and Kavanaugh’s cases, accusations that were made against them were subsequently recanted and admitted as fabrications by the accusers.

We are all at risk of being the innocent victims of false allegations if the presumption of innocence is replaced by the presumption of guilt.

Patrirish, only some of the accusations against Kavanaugh were recanted. Christine Blasey Ford never recanted and most of the people who heard her testimony found it to be credible. As to the presumption of innocence, that is only in a court of law. There is no such presumption in confirmation hearings nor in the court of public opinion.

While I recognize that there are, from time to time, false allegations made against people, I heard nothing to suggest that Ford was a liar or otherwise fabricated the allegations against Kavanaugh.

The fact is that this country has a history of sexual abuse by men against women (although there is also lesser history of sexual abuse by women against men, men against men, and women against women). This country has a history of prejudice against people of color.

With any allegation of wrongdoing, you have to look at it through the prism of history and determine whether the alleged conduct and the allegations are leftovers of institutional prejudice or fact. That determination can be very difficult to make but is the basis for Black Lives Matter and the Me Too movement.

Patrirish, only some of the accusations against Kavanaugh were recanted.

But, those recantings still brought every allegation into question, into doubt. Especially since there was no corroboration for any of it. Anybody who says they definitely believe Blasey Ford's testimony or says they definitely don't believe it are just taking leaps of faith toward what they want the answer to be. Reality is nobody knows, and in this country that means you're not guilty, right or wrong.

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
But, those recantings still brought every allegation into question, into doubt. Especially since there was no corroboration for any of it. Anybody who says they definitely believe Blasey Ford's testimony or says they definitely don't believe it are just taking leaps of faith toward what they want the answer to be. Reality is nobody knows, and in this country that means you're not guilty, right or wrong.

When you are being considered for the a lifetime appointment to the highest court of the land you should have a pristine history. Kavanaugh did not and should never have been confirmed.

When you are being considered for the a lifetime appointment to the highest court of the land you should have a pristine history. Kavanaugh did not and should never have been confirmed.
Wow, so you believe mere allegations should be enough to eliminate him from contention? I can't hardly think of anything more fraught with danger.

Patrirish, only some of the accusations against Kavanaugh were recanted. Christine Blasey Ford never recanted and most of the people who heard her testimony found it to be credible. As to the presumption of innocence, that is only in a court of law. There is no such presumption in confirmation hearings nor in the court of public opinion.

While I recognize that there are, from time to time, false allegations made against people, I heard nothing to suggest that Ford was a liar or otherwise fabricated the allegations against Kavanaugh.

The fact is that this country has a history of sexual abuse by men against women (although there is also lesser history of sexual abuse by women against men, men against men, and women against women). This country has a history of prejudice against people of color.

With any allegation of wrongdoing, you have to look at it through the prism of history and determine whether the alleged conduct and the allegations are leftovers of institutional prejudice or fact. That determination can be very difficult to make but is the basis for Black Lives Matter and the Me Too movement.

You thought Ford was credible, I didn’t.
She was never questioned stridently and had many contradictions and inconsistencies in her statements.

You must not be familiar with history, have a short memory or perhaps you listened without questioning your professors.

Since you’re posting on a Notre Dame blog are you aware of how Notre Dame adopted its nickname ?

I call B.S. on your prejudice against people of color.
The Irish were discriminated against, so were the Italians, the Germans, the Jews, etc., etc.. Races and ethnicities discriminate against one another, it’s been going on in the world for thousands of years.

Do you think the Cubans and Puerta Ricans don’t discrimate against one another. The French and the Germans, etc., etc..

America is the melting pot of the world.
Nowhere else on this planet will you find such a homogenous blend.
Naturally there are going to be frictions, but our frictions tend to be temporary.

As to “allegations of wrongdoing” and “looking through the prism of history” that’s pure bullshit.

You look at the facts specific to the case and nothing more.

The presumption of innocence transcends courts of law, it’s a societal tenet dating back thousands of years

If someone calls you a pedaphile, a wife beater and an embezzler should we accept those allegations, should we deem them to be the Gospel ?

Or should we not accept them until they’re proven or refuted.

You want to accept them, unless of course they’re directed toward you.

I want to protect you and everyone else from accusations

I want you to enjoy the presumption of innocence, not the presumption of guilt.

You thought Ford was credible, I didn’t.
She was never questioned stridently and had many contradictions and inconsistencies in her statements.

You must not be familiar with history, have a short memory or perhaps you listened without questioning your professors.

Since you’re posting on a Notre Dame blog are you aware of how Notre Dame adopted its nickname ?

I call B.S. on your prejudice against people of color.
The Irish were discriminated against, so were the Italians, the Germans, the Jews, etc., etc.. Races and ethnicities discriminate against one another, it’s been going on in the world for thousands of years.

Do you think the Cubans and Puerta Ricans don’t discrimate against one another. The French and the Germans, etc., etc..

America is the melting pot of the world.
Nowhere else on this planet will you find such a homogenous blend.
Naturally there are going to be frictions, but our frictions tend to be temporary.

As to “allegations of wrongdoing” and “looking through the prism of history” that’s pure bullshit.

You look at the facts specific to the case and nothing more.

The presumption of innocence transcends courts of law, it’s a societal tenet dating back thousands of years

If someone calls you a pedaphile, a wife beater and an embezzler should we accept those allegations, should we deem them to be the Gospel ?

Or should we not accept them until they’re proven or refuted.

You want to accept them, unless of course they’re directed toward you.

I want to protect you and everyone else from accusations

I want you to enjoy the presumption of innocence, not the presumption of guilt.

I appreciate your desire to protect me from others' accusations but I don't need it. I'm responsible for myself, as well as for everything I've done in the past - both good and ill.

Are you really comparing the discrimination against the Irish and Italians to the discrimination against Blacks? I don't remember the Irish or the Italians being enslaved (unless you want to try and compare indentured servitude to slavery and if you do, good luck with that!).

Of course there are always forms of discrimination present that is based upon ethnic background, religion, race, intelligence, education, etc. None of those, however, compare to the blatant racism against Blacks and, to only a slightly lesser degree, Latinos. Our Italian and Irish ancestors could meld into "polite society" by changing their language and clothes. Blacks and Latinos can't pretend to be WASPs.

But if you are so hell bent on preserving the presumption of innocence in all aspects of society, I can only assume that you must hate how Trump and so many Republicans are suggesting that the asylum seekers at the Mexican border are criminals and terrorists. Can you please confirm that you are giving the asylum seekers the same presumption as you want to protect for me?

I appreciate your desire to protect me from others' accusations but I don't need it. I'm responsible for myself, as well as for everything I've done in the past - both good and ill.

Are you really comparing the discrimination against the Irish and Italians to the discrimination against Blacks? I don't remember the Irish or the Italians being enslaved (unless you want to try and compare indentured servitude to slavery and if you do, good luck with that!).

Of course there are always forms of discrimination present that is based upon ethnic background, religion, race, intelligence, education, etc. None of those, however, compare to the blatant racism against Blacks and, to only a slightly lesser degree, Latinos. Our Italian and Irish ancestors could meld into "polite society" by changing their language and clothes. Blacks and Latinos can't pretend to be WASPs.

But if you are so hell bent on preserving the presumption of innocence in all aspects of society, I can only assume that you must hate how Trump and so many Republicans are suggesting that the asylum seekers at the Mexican border are criminals and terrorists. Can you please confirm that you are giving the asylum seekers the same presumption as you want to protect for me?
I would give every asylum seeker the presumption of innocence, unless we know differently, and let them make their case for asylum. But that does not mean they can circumvent the system in place to investigate their story for legitimacy. And since there is empirical evidence that 98% of them will never show up for their hearing, we should not let them enter the US until they are granted their asylum. Every country has an absolute right to protect and manage its borders how it sees fit, in accordance with its own laws.

Reactions: d1042
I would give every asylum seeker the presumption of innocence, unless we know differently, and let them make their case for asylum. But that does not mean they can circumvent the system in place to investigate their story for legitimacy. And since there is empirical evidence that 98% of them will never show up for their hearing, we should not let them enter the US until they are granted their asylum. Every country has an absolute right to protect and manage its borders how it sees fit, in accordance with its own laws.

In other words, we've got ours and we don't have to share with you. Don't you just love Christianity?

Reactions: NIN Irish
Oh OK, so Christianity says that the border should just be a free for all for everyone. Sure it does.
I

I was always taught that Christianity meant to love one another, to feed the poor, to comfort the sick, etc. Of course that was never really the case. Too many in the clergy are just as prejudiced, materialistic, mean, and sick as so many of the rest of us. No, I'm not just talking about the pedophilic priests or that the 34 active bishops in America each live in a residence valued at more than $1M. The fact is that the clergy are just like all of us albeit they have chosen a particular career path that requires a higher tolerance for hypocrisy and duplicity. So when a priest tries and tell me how I should live my life, I ignore him because he knows no better than anyone else (and often much less than most other people).

Irish Duck,

That you’re responsible for yourself, like everyone else on the planet, is irrelevant. When a false allegation is leveled at you, past exemplary conduct on your part is irrelevant. The damage is done in an environment where there’s a presumption of guilt.

Good people can be and are ruined by false allegations.
Just think of all of the men imprisoned for decades for rape, only to be declared innocent years and years later by DNA evidence.

Ask them how false allegations can ruin your life.

I didn’t equate discrimination against the Irish and Italians with discrimination against the blacks, that’s a quantum leap, solely on your part.

Let’s not forget that the Irish and the Italians weren’t sold into slavery by the native Irish and Italians. There’s an enormous difference in how each group came to America, that in many ways determined their fate.

I have news for you, the Italians and Irish couldn’t meld into “polite society” by pretending to be “wasps”. Did some professor tell you that ? That’s patently absurd.

The “presumption of innocence” doesn’t apply to groups of people, it applies to individuals, individuals accused of misdeeds, civil, criminal or moral.

In other words, we've got ours and we don't have to share with you. Don't you just love Christianity?
I've enjoyed your retorts up to this point. You're better than pointing forth a moving target.

You brought up asylum seekers and asked if he had the same blind justice for them, a brilliant retort mind you.

He countered with "98% don't show up for their hearing", now I don't know if that is accurate or not, but if it is, then it's damning, and I would say reason enough to err on the side of caution with haphazardly granting asylum.

But don't mind me, carry on, and you should post more, though I assume we probably vote differently.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT