ADVERTISEMENT

Will there be anyone left to play in the bowl game?

Kelso86

All Star
Sep 3, 2003
And this does not count the guys who won't play in the bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft

With all these guys entering the portal -- does this speak to the internal culture going on at ND?

Any number of reasons for players (students) leaving. Some might be having acaemic issues leading to unhappiness. Some might have a hometown girlfriend wanting them closer to home. At 18-20 years of age, could be any kind of issue.

On a positive note - seems like WR is the strongest position in the portal. Some real studs out there.

I hate to lose Flores especially because he seemed like he loved being at ND.

And this does not count the guys who won't play in the bowl game to prepare for the NFL draft

With all these guys entering the portal -- does this speak to the internal culture going on at ND?
Yes we'll have enough

Right now ND has 6. I'm assuming Colzie will be back for the bowl. Also what about Salerno?

It will be a run heavy game for sure. They also have a few TEs still to pass to and some of the RBs have been productive catching the ball. Now assuming Estime skips the bowl game, it could be a long day. Although if they are matched up against LSU don't expect Jayden Daniels to play so at least there's that.

No. It speaks to what’s going on in college football. Ncaa battling ED is root of problem

At some point there will be teams without enough of a position group to play a bowl game. It’ll happen.

On a positive note - seems like WR is the strongest position in the portal. Some real studs out there.

I hate to lose Flores especially because he seemed like he loved being at ND.
Which makes me wonder about the nationwide demand for ND's not too shiny receiving corps.
Lol Most teams have 85 man rosters with walkon's that will never happen
No the walk on's dream will never happen. During covid if there were not enough scholarship players at one position they cancelled the game.

Which makes me wonder about the nationwide demand for ND's not too shiny receiving corps.

No the walk on's dream will never happen. During covid if there were not enough scholarship players at one position they cancelled the game.
Covid was a different thing all together. I believe even if you were in contact you had to isolate for 3 days or something. Portal your are not going to lose 20-30 people.

Reactions: Golson5
It will be a run heavy game for sure. They also have a few TEs still to pass to and some of the RBs have been productive catching the ball. Now assuming Estime skips the bowl game, it could be a long day. Although if they are matched up against LSU don't expect Jayden Daniels to play so at least there's that.
Yea, I have no expectations for the bowl game. At a minimum, there will be 5-7 starters missing (either portal related or skipping out) --

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT