ADVERTISEMENT

Why was TSU on the schedule?

No, they can’t influence scheduling because the NCAA Constitution doesn’t permit it.

The NCAA has no governing authority over scheduling, that’s left to the individual teams, ergo the NCAA can’t influence scheduling.

Cite the NCAA document that substantiates your claim

More importantly read the NCAA Constitution and you’ll see that they don’t have the governing authority to influence scheduling.
NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision -- Membership Requirements

Bylaw 20.9.7.2:
Schedule and play at least 60 percent of its football contests against members of Football Bowl Subdivision. Institutions shall schedule and play at least five regular season home contests against FBS opponents.

Plus any other additional "Scheduling" requirements that you would like in the link above.

I agree with your first sentence.

The NCAA has nothing to do with scheduling
Almost every team that wins the NC has at least two or more directional-type schools on their schedules. It makes no sense for ND to have a schedule with 12 ranked teams. Going 9-3 against the 12 other best teams in college football isn't getting you into the playoffs. This is the new reality and I'm happy ND is getting it.

We just need to take care of business. A 12-0 ND team will be in the playoffs as long as we have 4-6 ranked teams on the schedule.
ND schedule based off week one has more than enough challenging foes to make even an 11-1 season a probable playoff year.

12-1 major conference champ will go in before an 11-1 indie.
Been saying for a long time this is why independence actually hurts ND. No CCG to make up a loss. All anybody wants to talk about is the 13th game

Been saying for a long time this is why independence actually hurts ND. No CCG to make up a loss. All anybody wants to talk about is the 13th game
Starting next year it doesn't matter. 12 team
playoff, ND gets in at 10-2, possibly 9-3

for the fans , it was about football. For the administrators who put this game together it was more than “ just a football game”. Symbolically this game meant a lot to both schools. Plus , do not discount the fact that from a marketing perspective, this was a good look for ND. Just my opinion here , but I think recruiting wise, this game will help. Again, only my personal opinion.
And let USC become the preeminent program in the country now. Congrats to woke

Send them a check in the mail then and schedule someone else. Glad I didn’t watch one play of that $warbrick embarrassment last week.
"Send them a check in the mail then and schedule someone else. Glad I didn’t watch one play of that $warbrick embarrassment last week."

if you knew anything about scheduling, you have known that ND did not have many options due to the short nature of time when the conflict came up when the game against Navy was moved to play in Ireland.

There were NO D1 teams available on such a short notice -- thus, ND had 2 options, take a 3rd week off, or schedule an opponent and stay in rhythm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT