Brian Kelly. A solid coach. And always a loser as a human being

I feel so much better now

Billy Napier. Way over his head. Junior. Will never win at UF. Loser
DJ Ungalei Sooo over rated. A lousy qb
Graham Mertz. See DJ above
Penn state. Perennial 9-3. And the coach is a 9-3 guy

Have to agree, especially with the PSU and Franklin as their coach. Everybody says ND is always overrated. Take a look at PSU.

Lots of people thought ND’s linebackers were losers in 2022. Then they got drafted and made NFL teams. It’s not always cut and dry. I thought DJ Uiagalelei played alright vs Ga Tech.

I usually like to let things play out more. I’ll give predictions but I don’t like to conclude someone sucks too quickly.

Reactions: Kelso86

Glad you feel better and here's to the Irish BTHO the Aggies.

Napier is worse than fleck w/o a doubt. Fleck is 50-35 at Minnesota. Napier is 11-16 at Florida. I think Florida fans would kill for fleck right now. Not to say he’s done great, but a couple 9-4 seasons & an 11-2 season at Minnesota isn’t too bad, imo.

Reactions: BGI User 756
Napier is worse than fleck w/o a doubt. Fleck is 50-35 at Minnesota. Napier is 11-16 at Florida. I think Florida fans would kill for fleck right now. Not to say he’s done great, but a couple 9-4 seasons & an 11-2 season at Minnesota isn’t too bad, imo.
That's a pretty low bar. Florida used to be a top 15 job. Not so sure now.

I have to agree, not sure why people keep recycling guys thinking or hoping they will be something other than what they have shown to be.

D.J., people still think those five stars he got in high school will show themselves at some point. Same with Mertz.

FL owes Billy 80% of his contract 26 mil or so, might have something to do with it.

PSU is just hoping Franklin breaks through.

If BK couldn’t get it done with a Heisman winner in 23 it will never happen. BK will retire Bill Snyder, Bo or Frank Beamer.

Last edited:

Nice to see BK still is renting space in your pea brain.

Last edited:
“That's a pretty low bar. Florida used to be a top 15 job. Not so sure now.”

What’s a pretty low bar? Going 9-4 twice & 11-2 once at Minnesota? I don’t think that’s easy to do. But I’m no fleck lover. He’s just far and away more successful than Napier has been. That’s why I didn’t get your comment about him being the “PJ fleck of the SEC”. My point was he kinda wishes he was as good as fleck at this point.

Reactions: Telx1
It's pretty easy to "see losers" when you've seen them lose a lot.

Nice to see BK still is renting space in your pea brain.
Nice to see you are still casting perjoratives even when someone speaks the truth. Kelly sux. You know it
It’s somewhere in your brain. Find it

Have to agree, especially with the PSU and Franklin as their coach. Everybody says ND is always overrated. Take a look at PSU.
Switch Penn state's schedule with Notre Dame schedule and Penn state's win-loss record would be significantly greater

That's why you use a tool like f Plus that adjusts for opponent quality and when you do that Penn State has had the better program over the last several years. They've just played a tough slate of teams in the Big ten

Switch Penn state's schedule with Notre Dame schedule and Penn state's win-loss record would be significantly greater

That's why you use a tool like f Plus that adjusts for opponent quality and when you do that Penn State has had the better program over the last several years. They've just played a tough slate of teams in the Big ten
What the hell are you talking about now. Their schedule is almost always average. They don't play anyone out of conference. And then the big ten has been a 2 team league for countless years. Big Ten has been average or just sucked outside of OSU and Michigan

Including the bowl game, they played 4 ranked teams last year. They went 1 and 3 and their only win was against hapless offense Iowa.

You are so clueless here. Again, you haven't gotten one right in a long long time on this board

In 2022, they played a grand total of 3 ranked games going 1 and 2. Only ranked win was bowl game

False. Other than OSU ( Franklin is 1-9) and Mich (Franklin is 3-7), their schedule is filled with Rutgers, Illinois, NW, Indy, MD and a bunch of MAC schools.

What the hell are you talking about now. Their schedule is almost always average. They don't play anyone out of conference. And then the big ten has been a 2 team league for countless years. Big Ten has been average or just sucked outside of OSU and Michigan

Including the bowl game, they played 4 ranked teams last year. They went 1 and 3 and their only win was against hapless offense Iowa.

You are so clueless here. Again, you haven't gotten one right in a long long time on this board

In 2022, they played a grand total of 3 ranked games going 1 and 2. Only ranked win was bowl game
I don't know how many times I have to make this same point but I'm going to try yet again.

You judge a schedule holistically based on the quality of each opponent on the schedule (from the first game to the last game on the schedule and everything else in between)

The quality of your schedule is judged with way more nuance than just how many ranked teams you play on the top end.

I don't know how many times I have to make this same point but I'm going to try yet again.

You judge a schedule holistically based on the quality of each opponent on the schedule (from the first game to the last game on the schedule and everything else in between)

The quality of your schedule is judged with way more nuance than just how many ranked teams you play on the top end.
1. Nonsense

2. The quality sucks. Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Indiana, Delaware, Umass, Ohio, Purdue, Mich state, Minnesota, Maryland is not QUALITY.

Just because they are B10 teams in there doesn't make them quality.

I don't know how many times I've told you but that is dog shit

Big 10 has been a 2 team league for a long time.

Reactions: Kelso86 and mmca

‘23 PSU didn’t lose to the likes of 4-loss Clemson and 4-loss Louisville. You do realize those teams comprise half of ND’s four ranked opponents, the same number as PSU had. Add in 4-loss NCSU and the level of ranked opponents for ND was significantly lower than PSU’s.

‘22 PSU didn’t lose to the likes of 3-loss USC, 4-loss Marshall (wow), and 9-loss Stanford (super duper wow). ND again played the same number of ranked teams as PSU, and again the level of those ranked opponents was significantly lower.

This year appears like it might play out in similar fashion, although I don’t expect to see aTm in the rankings when all is said and done.

‘23 PSU didn’t lose to the likes of 4-loss Clemson and 4-loss Louisville. You do realize those teams comprise half of ND’s four ranked opponents, the same number as PSU had. Add in 4-loss NCSU and the level of ranked opponents for ND was significantly lower than PSU’s.

‘22 PSU didn’t lose to the likes of 3-loss USC, 4-loss Marshall (wow), and 9-loss Stanford (super duper wow). ND again played the same number of ranked teams as PSU, and again the level of those ranked opponents was significantly lower.

This year appears like it might play out in similar fashion, although I don’t expect to see aTm in the rankings when all is said and done.
PSUs schedules are always weak. They don't ever win the big game and they beat up on a weak non conference schedule and the weak b10 teams. It's not a 2 year thing. It's been like that for a long long long time

In 24 PSU has 0 ranked wins. ND has 1

In 23 PSU had 1 ranked win. ND had 2

In 22 PSU had 1 ranked win. ND had 4

In 21 PSU had 2 ranked wins. ND had 1

In 20 PSU had 0 ranked wins. ND had 2

In 19 PSU had 4 ranked wins. ND had 2

In 18 PSU had 1 ranked win. ND had 4

So in now the 7th season, PSU has 9 ranked wins. ND has 16

PSUs schedules are always weak. They don't ever win the big game and they beat up on a weak non conference schedule and the weak b10 teams. It's not a 2 year thing. It's been like that for a long long long time

They are Ped State!

Lol, the guy that quotes F+ algorithms is now arguing for “nuance” ….can’t make this crap up…

NOW SAVE THIS, as I have shared every year with you when you try to make false statements to support your ill-conceived posts.

You can ‘nuance’ all you want but here are the facts for the PSU schedule the last 10 years, a good period for your algorithmic posturing:
*PSU is 89-39 under Franklin the last 10.1 years. That is 9-4 annually, the same record you scoff at when ND attains it.

* of those 128 games, let’s look at in conference numbers, excluding the Big 2. PSU played Rutgers 10x, Rutgers winning % was .333 over that span. Played Indy 10x, Indy winning % was .410 over that span. Played MD 10x, MD winning % was .449 over that span. Played Illinois 6x, Illinois winning % was .386 over that span. Played Purdue 3x, Purdue winning % over that span was .400. So let’s stop and summarize for a second, that is 39 games out of 128 that were against in-conference teams that were winning less than 4 games per season. That means 4 gimmes annually in conference for PSU.

*before we talk about the in-conference teams that were good or had good coaching, let’s look at PSU OOC schedule over those ten years. They played a total of 21 games against Georgia State, Akron, Idaho, App State, Villanova, Ohio, Delaware, Kent State, Buffalo, UCF, UMass, Central Mich, Ball State, Temple, Army, SDSU. So 2 games a year against FCS or low tier FBS schools, in addition to the 4 games per year of the cupcakes inside the Big10. To keep updated, that is a total of 60 games (47%) against both in-conference and OOC softies, over a 10 year period. Half of their annual schedule is as you say, minor leagues. I’ll repeat, HALF.

* other OOC games? BC, which was sub .500. Pitt, who was slightly better at .550 winning percentage. So tell us again how that schedule is a tough schedule?

* now lets talk middle tier Big10 in-conference games. Over same span they played NW five times (3-2), NW was .500 over that span. I give credit to the coaching staff there that has NW play physical, rugged ball. They played Wisky 3x, in seasons that Wisky was 11-3, 8-5, and 9-4. Solid game. Overall, that’s 9 games annually with an average winning percentage for opposing teams below .500. 3/4 of the schedule against losing teams!!

* they played Iowa every other year. Went 4-2. Iowa had 18 losses over those 6 years.

* now let’s talk in conference teams with a pulse. The legit difficult games for PSU. They played Mich (3-7) and OSU (1-9) ten times each. These are top tier games. Also played MSU (5-5) ten times each, MSU offers a solid game because usually physical. MSU also up/down over that 10 year span. Yet PSU against those big10 flagship programs were 9-21. That is poor.

* one more item. They played Ole Miss, Kentucky, Arkansas, UGA in bowl games..all losses. Lost to USC. Did beat Memphis and Wash (good win) and Utah (good win). Sub .500 bowl resume

TO SUM IT UP, PSU plays 3 tough games per year. Not at all what you claim.

Class dismissed

Lol, ok Pumbaa.

See above. Study it. You can use your notes next time

• Haha
Reactions: francade

I responded to your earlier post that only pointed out ‘22 and ‘23 specifically.

I’m not going to be misleading and attempt to represent a short term midseason ranked team as a ranked team for a complete season. That is the Catholic in me. I would expect a follower of a Catholic institution to not make that attempt, guess I was wrong.

I responded to your earlier post that only pointed out ‘22 and ‘23 specifically.

I’m not going to be misleading and attempt to represent a short term midseason ranked team as a ranked team for a complete season. That is the Catholic in me. I would expect a follower of a Catholic institution to not make that attempt, guess I was wrong.
Yeah you're wrong. I'm not catholic. And thar was a dopey response

What the hell does being or not being Catholic have to do with expressing an opinion about the strength of schedule, current or forecast?

What the hell does being or not being Catholic have to do with expressing an opinion about the strength of schedule, current or forecast?
Expressing an opinion, nothing.

Now consider the presenting of ND as having four wins over teams that were ranked for the ‘22 season.

Expressing an opinion, nothing.

Now consider the presenting of ND as having four wins over teams that were ranked for the ‘22 season.
I don’t care about rankings in 22. I only care about ND’s ranking in the current season, at season’s end!

“That's a pretty low bar. Florida used to be a top 15 job. Not so sure now.”

What’s a pretty low bar? Going 9-4 twice & 11-2 once at Minnesota? I don’t think that’s easy to do. But I’m no fleck lover. He’s just far and away more successful than Napier has been. That’s why I didn’t get your comment about him being the “PJ fleck of the SEC”. My point was he kinda wishes he was as good as fleck at this point.
PJ was just another in a long list of flavors of the month. That boat he likes to row has been taking on water for some time. My point was both were hyped and neither has lived up to it. You'll never here either of them mentioned for a big time job again going forward.

Nonsense.

It will come down to the SC game

If they are 10 and 2 with 0 or 1 ranked wins, I don't think so

If they get to 11, they're in
My very premature prognostication for the 12 playoff teams

SEC will get 3, hell or high water…first seed will be one of UGA, Bama, Ole Miss, Texas and they will have one in 5-8, maybe 2 in that group

Big10 will get 3, hell or high water …second seed will be one of OSU, Mich, PSU, and then one in 5-8, one in 9-12 group

ACC champ will get one- Miami, 4th seed

Big 12 champ will get one - Okie St, 3rd seed (because anti bias of ACC)

ND, between 5-10 seed

That leaves 3 more at large.. they will give a 4th to SEC and then fight over the last 2 spots among ACC runner-up, 4th place Big10, 2nd place Big12 and best poll finish of anyone in ACC/Big12…

Again way too early and premature prognostication …

Brian Kelly has coached national championship games and playoff games.

Not in the same class as Napier and DJ U.

I wouldn't hire CBK so I'm not defending him I just think putting him in the same category is unfair and shows very poor reasoning skills.

Chase once again taking the opportunity to trash ND. It's what he does.

“PJ was just another in a long list of flavors of the month. That boat he likes to row has been taking on water for some time. My point was both were hyped and neither has lived up to it. You'll never hear either of them mentioned for a big time job again going forward.”

I guess I would say you may think he was the flavor of the month in the same manner as Napier, but his success at Minnesota compared to Napier’s disastrous run at Florida is nowhere near comparable. I don’t know what overall grade I’d give fleck’s tenure at Minnesota, maybe a C, C+? Napier is a definite F. I think fleck may get calls for future head coaching jobs, but Napier, no shot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT