ADVERTISEMENT

Why don’t people see losers for losers?

“PJ was just another in a long list of flavors of the month. That boat he likes to row has been taking on water for some time. My point was both were hyped and neither has lived up to it. You'll never hear either of them mentioned for a big time job again going forward.”

I guess I would say you may think he was the flavor of the month in the same manner as Napier, but his success at Minnesota compared to Napier’s disastrous run at Florida is nowhere near comparable. I don’t know what overall grade I’d give fleck’s tenure at Minnesota, maybe a C, C+? Napier is a definite F. I think fleck may get calls for future head coaching jobs, but Napier, no shot.
“PJ was just another in a long list of flavors of the month"

And yet, there were people on this board ticked he was not seriously looked at when Kelly left.

Napier is worse than fleck w/o a doubt. Fleck is 50-35 at Minnesota. Napier is 11-16 at Florida. I think Florida fans would kill for fleck right now. Not to say he’s done great, but a couple 9-4 seasons & an 11-2 season at Minnesota isn’t too bad, imo.
Agree on Fleck. I think his résumé is quite good actually. It’s Minnesota.

Reactions: francade
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT