ADVERTISEMENT

Who is not watching NC game?

People hate ND because they won't join a conference. That's really the main reason and I'd be shocked if ND made the playoffs ever again until they do even if you're undefeated. People just aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt again.
Luckily your too stupid to be on the CFP committee. ND was clearly in the top 4 teams this year. The top 2 teams are just way better than everybody else. If ND goes undefeated or has 1 loss next season(doubtful with Kelly) with a tough schedule then they will be back regardless of this years loss.

I assume you make more money being independent. If not then why?
No actually ND does not. The poultry 15 million that ND gets from NBC is nothing compared to being in a conference. I don't have the time or inclination to explain but short no conference many years ago would play the small catholic school ND had to barnstorm the country looking for teams to play That's how we became a national team.

Reactions: GoldCountryND
People hate ND because they won't join a conference. That's really the main reason and I'd be shocked if ND made the playoffs ever again until they do even if you're undefeated. People just aren't going to give you the benefit of the doubt again.
As long as our SOS is respectable, we’ll be back again. If being independent was easier than being in a conference, it would be reflected in SOS. Our SOS is usually very respectable. In most years we play as many fbs games as just about any P5 team, more than many. And we never play FCS games.

No actually ND does not. The poultry 15 million that ND gets from NBC is nothing compared to being in a conference. I don't have the time or inclination to explain but short no conference many years ago would play the small catholic school ND had to barnstorm the country looking for teams to play That's how we became a national team.

That's not an excuse for not joining one now. South Bend makes ND a natural fit for the B1G and I'm sure they'd love to add ND and kick Rutgers to the curb. Plus you'd have that B1G Network cash. So why wont they do it?

Luckily your too stupid to be on the CFP committee. ND was clearly in the top 4 teams this year. The top 2 teams are just way better than everybody else. If ND goes undefeated or has 1 loss next season(doubtful with Kelly) with a tough schedule then they will be back regardless of this years loss.
I have never questioned ND's inclusion in the CFP. UGa got whipped by a suspect LSU and OSU deserved to be excluded because Urban is garbage as a human being. Also, Purdue. Yikes. ND was the obvious choice and I think a lot of football fans hoped ND was back. It's a great story line. For whatever reason, we rolled but I was not at all confident going in. I called it 27-24 Clemson.

That's not an excuse for not joining one now. South Bend makes ND a natural fit for the B1G and I'm sure they'd love to add ND and kick Rutgers to the curb. Plus you'd have that B1G Network cash. So why wont they do it?
An undergraduate focused private school with 8,000 undergrads is a good fit with a league full of huge research oriented state schools? Hmmmmm?????

Reactions: notredamerises23
An undergraduate focused private school with 8,000 undergrads is a good fit with a league full of huge research oriented state schools? Hmmmmm?????
Had no idea ND was that small. I think of Clemson as tiny and we're about twice that size.

If you’re a college football fan you will watch the game.
I am a fan but will not watch the game. not for principal ( I do not have ESPN) and I am very very tired of Clemson, Alabama. Pretty soon it appears every top prospect will sign with Bama, Clemson or Georgia and if they could all lose we all win.

I'm afraid there could be some truth to that, or at least a brian Kelly team (in there eyes)

ND does not need to nor will they join a conference for football though I wish all their programs were independent ....not to mention I wish they would bring wrestling back.

Eventually they will expand to eight teams because they can't help themselves. ND will be just gine

95% of the posters here (if not higher) have never stepped on campus let alone attend or graduate from the university. They haven’t a clue what Notre Dame represents and aspires to be.

95% of the posters here (if not higher) have never stepped on campus let alone attend or graduate from the university. They haven’t a clue what Notre Dame represents and aspires to be.
I'm part of the 5%. Never went to school at ND. Never went to college at all. Tradesman in the refineries and steel mills is how I spent my adult life and yet, somehow, I get what ND is all about. I have a clue. Been on campus more times then I can count dating back to the 1950s. Many Irish fans that post here are young. Type first, think later. You did too at one time. So did I. Many Irish fans live a far distance from campus and don't have the means or the work schedule to come to South Bend but somehow are still passionate about a place they have never been. You paint a pretty broad and ugly brush with your condescending attitude towards the 95% who you have never met. An anonymous message board is no way to judge people.

I'm part of the 5%. Never went to school at ND. Never went to college at all. Tradesman in the refineries and steel mills is how I spent my adult life and yet, somehow, I get what ND is all about. I have a clue. Been on campus more times then I can count dating back to the 1950s. Many Irish fans that post here are young. Type first, think later. You did too at one time. So did I. Many Irish fans live a far distance from campus and don't have the means or the work schedule to come to South Bend but somehow are still passionate about a place they have never been. You paint a pretty broad and ugly brush with your condescending attitude towards the 95% who you have never met. An anonymous message board is no way to judge people.

You can’t be part of the 5% if you stepped on campus (re-read my post).

I assume you make more money being independent. If not then why?

Coast to coast fan base demands coast to coast schedule.

I would not have seen them if not for Yankee stadium this year and Fenway previously. Alum on the other coast likewise

Reactions: Leahylads
This is why why people hate ND. The fans who lean on moral superiority to explain failure. Check out some academic/football Top 25 rankings. Clemson, a top 25 public school academically, is a perennial Top 5. And bottom line, if you feel your self-imposed heightened standards hamstring you, fix it or STFU.
https://www.si.com/college-football/2015/12/18/northwestern-notre-dame-academic-rankings
http://time.com/4606863/college-football-top-25-2016-ranked-by-academics/
https://www.educationdive.com/news/what-if-college-football-rankings-were-based-on-academics/433681/
Yeah and Dabo didn't realize that the Ttrainer was handing out Ped lollipops.

Why? It's not all that important.

With respect to you, it is. Look at the posters here who are ND grads and their posts. You’re telling me you don’t see a difference between posters like @NDSMC78 and random posters who spew ignorant, illiterate posts?

Obviously, there are good posters who aren’t alums or may not have been on campus, but on average, there’s a huge difference.

Yes, I see the well thought out comments from contributors. I know some are alums and others I have no idea. I do know that much of the ignorant knee jerk posts are most likely from young people, intoxicated people, and maybe even young intoxicated people. Some are from trolls who aren't even fans. That's why you don't judge a fan base from an anonymous message board. I promise you the home crowd at the tailgates and inside that stadium are much different than what's on here. Everyone enters this message board at their own risk.

Yes, I see the well thought out comments from contributors. I know some are alums and others I have no idea. I do know that much of the ignorant knee jerk posts are most likely from young people, intoxicated people, and maybe even young intoxicated people. Some are from trolls who aren't even fans. That's why you don't judge a fan base from an anonymous message board. I promise you the home crowd at the tailgates and inside that stadium are much different than what's on here. Everyone enters this message board at their own risk.

Yes, but how many of them are alums? See what I’m saying?

A poster who’s an alum or has visited the campus/been to a game, by and large conducts him/herself much differently than others.

Yes, you can’t jusge EVERYONE, but you CAN make a generalization that’s usually true.

Hate to burst your bubble but check our schedule next year. If ND wins every game by 1 point they are 100% in the CFP. Guaranteed.

Reactions: Leahylads
With respect to you, it is. Look at the posters here who are ND grads and their posts. You’re telling me you don’t see a difference between posters like @NDSMC78 and random posters who spew ignorant, illiterate posts?

Obviously, there are good posters who aren’t alums or may not have been on campus, but on average, there’s a huge difference.
These type of comments are why people hate ND. "The arrogant, I am smarter than everyone" posts.

No, ND is NO kinda fit for the big1g. No offense, not putting them down, just we fit better in the ACC type of schools and academics. Second, the B10 rejected ND, not once, but I believe twice. No way we would come back. At least in my humble opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT