ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Golson5?

I know this at 59 I can throw a football as far, if not farther than Riley Leonard and that's a ****ing fact!
Sureee you can!

Riley Leonard won the strongest arm competition at the Manning Academy this summer with over 40 D1 QBs (maybe more) and multiple starters and some from the top programs in the country

Arm strength isn't a problem. That's lazy critique and inaccurate. There's a lot right now to bash him on and rightfully so but at least be somewhat accurate !

Sureee you can!

Riley Leonard won the strongest arm competition at the Manning Academy this summer with over 40 D1 QBs (maybe more) and multiple starters and some from the top programs in the country

Arm strength isn't a problem. That's lazy critique and inaccurate. There's a lot right now to bash him on and rightfully so but at least be somewhat accurate !
He has NOTHING! strength, accuracy, touch, reading defenses, pre-snap other then that he's perfect...and he's not a great athlete or fast!! I don't care what he did at Mannings camp, how'd he do against Texas A&M & NIU? We have the worst passing offense in all of CFB...MF, MD & RL are all to blame! You were wrong, period!!

Reactions: NDinNJ
Sureee you can!

And I can throw it farther than him! If he can throw it 56 yards I certainly haven't ever seen it, including at Duke...he hasn't/can't even throw it 30 yards right now.

He has NOTHING! strength, accuracy, touch, reading defenses, pre-snap other then that he's perfect...and he's not a great athlete or fast!! I don't care what he did at Mannings camp, how'd he do against Texas A&M & NIU? We have the worst passing offense in all of CFB...MF, MD & RL are all to blame! You were wrong, period!!
Way too early for that. I was just responding to your silly statement

He was solid against Am. Terrible against NIU. He was a major problem. So was Denbrock the OL and the WRs.

I see that one person is getting most out all of the heat when it should be put at multiple places

If he continues to play poorly, he will be benched. If he turns it around, we will be fine.

People are losing their minds

And I can throw it farther than him! If he can throw it 56 yards I certainly haven't ever seen it, including at Duke...he hasn't/can't even throw it 30 yards right now.
Yet he did it this summer beating multiple QBs including likely 1st rounders

If what you are saying is true you should try to play football at the highest levels. I think you have a chance

I think Riley Leonard's offseason injury is effecting his play more than is being let on. After that first drive where they ran him down the field, and he was favoring his non throwing arm, they stopped calling designed QB runs for the most part, and Leonard just never looked comfortable throwing the ball all game (with the exception of the perfect throw he made to get ND into NIU territory during the last drive of the game).

Yet he did it this summer beating multiple QBs including likely 1st rounders

If what you are saying is true you should try to play football at the highest levels. I think you have a chance
🤣give up, you lost A LONG TIME AGO...just about mid-week, like I said playing it off nonchalantly and soon will be pontificating no-nothings per usual...like the product on the field wash, rinse & repeat. Sad, don't you have tape to watch?

🤣give up, you lost A LONG TIME AGO...just about mid-week, like I said playing it off nonchalantly and soon will be pontificating no-nothings per usual...like the product on the field wash, rinse & repeat.
I'm sure that's the story of your life, give up when things don't go perfect or go bad. But that's not me. That's a quitting mentality. Not going to happen.

Bust your ass in practice and get things right.

MF, Denbrock, Golden, Rudolph, Leonard, OL, WRs, etc...

I’m not here to say Leonard has a cannon or is a great passer, but he threw it about 48 yards in the air right here.

I went on record saying his 2nd pick was one of the worst throws I’ve seen a ND QB make, but it appears he does have the strength to make the throw, just hasn’t done it with a gold helmet yet….

Riley Leonard TD Pass

Last edited:
Was his NON- shoulder hurt for the A&M game or his 55% at Duke? The article was so short cause it's nothing...RL is who he is!
I think anytime you deal with injury to almost any part of the body it gets your mechanics out of whack and effects your throwing (even if its not the throwing arm).

I'm by no means a RL fan, but I think injury is legitimately effecting his performance.

Reactions: FightingIrish44
I think anytime you deal with injury to almost any part of the body it gets your mechanics out of whack and effects your throwing (even if its not the throwing arm).

I'm by no means a RL fan, but I think injury is legitimately effecting his performance.
Again was he hurt for the A&M game where his longest pass was maybe 20 yards? Again was his shoulder hurt at Duke where his career passing is hovering around 60%?

Again was he hurt for the A&M game where his longest pass was maybe 20 yards? Again was his shoulder hurt at Duke where his career passing is hovering around 60%?
so much of throwing the ball deep has to do with having a line that protects, a WR that gets separation, a scheme that sets it up etc. its hard to know where to direct the blame exactly.

RL missed all of '23 to injury, re aggravated the same ankle injury during the off-season (which probably impacted his off-season workouts/preparation), and was injured during the first drive vs NIU, and its possible that his injuries are impacting his performance/throwing mechanics/etc.

ND knew what it was getting when they brought RL over though (RLs injury history/proneness to injury) and its manifesting itself this season.

Last edited:
so much of throwing the ball deep has to do with having a line that protects, a WR that gets separation, a scheme that sets it up etc. its hard to know where to direct the blame exactly.

RL missed all of '23 to injury, re aggravated the same ankle injury during the off-season (which probably impacted his off-season workouts/preparation), and was injured during the first drive vs NIU, and its possible that his injuries are impacting his performance/throwing mechanics/etc.

ND knew what it was getting when they brought RL over though (injury history/proneness to injury) and its manifesting itself this season.
He didn't miss all of 23'...let's see what he does this week.

Reactions: chaseball
They just didn’t throw it downfield by design much. The line was a problem and ND knew it, so they just wanted to keep it short.

Bro you just lost how much money on last weeks game? And have been incorrect about a number of topics you had to eat crow on and walk back on all weekend. I'm not trying to defend Golson, but the irony/hypocrisy is overwhelming.
I haven't had to walk back anything, and I lost my wager on ND vs NIU sure, but I'm at least man enough to admit it. I lost with the houses money from the previous weeks win when I called ND +3.5.
You and your F+ are complete joke and you are proven to be a fool more than you are not.

Reactions: BGI User 756
He played horribly. But he has a strong arm.
Quit listening to Brian Driscoll. Read actual scouting reports, what most NFL scouts think of Leonard, and not some weird exception. Even his report coming out of HS was that he didn't have a strong arm. You are complete tool. You know nothing about evaluating talent, you sir are a fraud.

Quit listening to Brian Driscoll. Read actual scouting reports, what most NFL scouts think of Leonard, and not some weird exception. Even his report coming out of HS was that he didn't have a strong arm. You are complete tool. You know nothing about evaluating talent, you sir are a fraud.
Riley Leonard is also not as bad as you claim him to be.

i thought this was a beautifully thrown ball with velocity during the last drive of the game (video is time stamped)

i thought this was a beautifully thrown ball with velocity during the last drive of the game (video is time stamped):

I could've made that pass as can most average HS QB's also...1 good 19 yard pass really? Again see everyone at kickoff. I've seen ND/Purdue almost 20x's in my life the first a 35-14 win in 1972. I've also seen them lose more games to Purdue than anyone else and I won't be a bit surprised if it happens again Saturday. Hope MF, MD & RL prove me wrong🍀

I could've made that pass as can most average HS QB's also...1 good 19 yard pass really? Again see everyone at kickoff. I've seen ND/Purdue almost 20x's in my life the first a 35-14 win in 1972. I've also seen them lose more games to Purdue than anyone else and I won't be a bit surprised if it happens again Saturday. Hope MF, MD & RL prove me wrong🍀
im not a scout nor do i try to be .. but i thought that was an above average display of arm strength (based on other college QBs/games ive watched).

btw it was a ~30 yard rope (from ND 28 to NIU 44)

Last edited:
Reactions: FightingIrish44
🥱...tell us some more about ND football and recruiting🥱...you couldn't spot talent if Ana de Armas fell in your lap! You haven't been right about a QB since you've been on this board. At least your not a sheep but, it ain't saying much considering you act like every word out of your mouth is factual...based on your assessments I don’t think you know shit!
He thinks he does

im just hoping we see more of that as Denbrock and RL get more familiar with how to maximize each other. Theyve only had a half off-season and 2 games together. And I feel that OC/QB relationship is one of the most important/impactful in the game right now.

Riley has a good arm but has zero confidence in his throwing and reads (rightfully so) which is why he’s aiming the ball at times and his arm looks average.

It’s why he needs benched. Your qb in this game has to be confident.

He won’t even stay in a good pocket, so that shows where his mind and instincts are. He’s thinking about failure and getting hit vs stepping up and making a really good throw.

He’s clearly thinking about… don’t take a sack, don’t throw a pick, don’t make a mistake…. Vs seeing your self stepping up in the pocket and trusting protection (vs niu). Both sacks he could have stepped up and avoided

He won the strong arm competition at the Manning camp. His arm is fine. That throw had nothing to do with arm strength

You said we were going to win that game by 50. Great evaluation of talent. I told you they were better than that

He won the strong arm competition at the Manning camp. His arm is fine. That throw had nothing to do with arm strength

You said we were going to win that game by 50. Great evaluation of talent. I told you they were better than that
I can admit i'm wrong, man up and admit you are a fraud

Are you serious? it wasn't a strong arm competition it was an air it out thing at a kids camp. You make it sound like it's an elite 11 competition. He competed against two other QB's and it was each of them making one throw to a moving target 15 yards out. 😂 Now we know why we beat Texas A&M and why Oregon struggled in week 1. You are a fraud. exposed yet again. Stop listening to Driscoll he's making you look like a fool.

Last edited:
Reactions: futuredomer
Sureee you can!

That's a BS competition. And it's not called the strongest arm competition. You are complete fraud. zero credibility, you have been completely exposed and you can't even admit you were wrong.

I was never sold on Riley Leonard, I thought he was no better than Hartman and I was right. I knew this because I looked at his stats, I read the reports on him both out of HS and the NFL scouting reports on Leonard. I didn't cherry pick the one or two reports that said he was potential 1st round pick. The consensus is that he's day 2 3rd or 4th round pick, as high as the 88th pick.

Quit listening to your boy BD and do your own research dummy.,

Reactions: Chitown11
That's a BS competition. And it's not called the strongest arm competition. You are complete fraud. zero credibility, you have been completely exposed and you can't even admit you were wrong.

I was never sold on Riley Leonard, I thought he was no better than Hartman and I was right. I knew this because I looked at his stats, I read the reports on him both out of HS and the NFL scouting reports on Leonard. I didn't cherry pick the one or two reports that said he was potential 1st round pick. The consensus is that he's day 2 3rd or 4th round pick, as high as the 88th pick.

You’ve been waiting years for the chance to shut Golson up, going all in. Think the dude adds value but he’s unwillingness to admit he’s wrong is brutal. No judgement here.

Ouch!

LMFAO, you never disappoint with your dumbness. He may win the special needs strong arm competition but thats about it.

• Haha
Reactions: NDinNJ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT