ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Phil Jurkovec transfer to?

I think not playing Phil late against Duke is more Kelly covering Phil than Kelly wanting Book to get more reps.

Guys, Phil is a long way away from being anywhere near a D1 starter.

I am really not sure what Kelly saw in Phil when he recruited him????
Yawning...
The same identical word for word shit was said about Book.

Word for word.

Kelly has absolutely no clue what do with the QB position .

Zero!!!

BK made hay at Cincinnati exploiting the game.

It's been several years now he actually has to coach. Pull his sleeves up and coach.

Hence the blowout losses and laughers IN major bowl games.

Terrible coach.

Reactions: rgc7
Yawning...
The same identical word for word shit was said about Book.

Word for word.

Kelly has absolutely no clue what do with the QB position .

Zero!!!

BK made hay at Cincinnati exploiting the game.

It's been several years now he actually has to coach. Pull his sleeves up and coach.

Hence the blowout losses and laughers IN major bowl games.

Terrible coach.
Terrible troll poster

Reactions: Pennick4
I think not playing Phil late against Duke is more Kelly covering Phil than Kelly wanting Book to get more reps.

Guys, Phil is a long way away from being anywhere near a D1 starter.

I am really not sure what Kelly saw in Phil when he recruited him????
I don't know, maybe because Phil smashed about every record in PA in HS. 4000 yards passing, 78% comp with 40 TD's and only 6 ints and averaged 248 yards passing/game and 1200 yards rushing at 9.2 yards per carry? Or maybe, just maybe, it was because he was a high 4 star top 100 player with offers from Alabama, Clemson, and other top schools? Book was a low 3 star with NO other big offers other than ND. I still think Phil's upside is way more than Books. Sadly we will probably never find out. At least at ND anyway.

Terrible troll poster
Funniest thing you've said since April 2019...
About the time you were allowed to get on the internet?

Just remember... You say things that are insanely wrong.. As in 180 degrees opposite of reality.

Just because you don't like an opinion or it hurts your feelings someone isn't a troll.

What I said is reality. Period

I'm not as worried of Phil transferring { hope he doesn't} as i am the other two decommitting.

Funniest thing you've said since April 2019...
About the time you were allowed to get on the internet?

Just remember... You say things that are insanely wrong.. As in 180 degrees opposite of reality.

Just because you don't like an opinion or it hurts your feelings someone isn't a troll.

What I said is reality. Period
Everything you say is funny and stupid. I always laugh at your nonsense. Sometimes it gets annoying but it's always a good laugh for a known troll. Get over your obsession with Kelly.

Reactions: Pennick4
That's disappointing. Every time posters called you an unstable wacko I defended you. The first time I am critical of something you throw me under the bus. Fine Bodi, I'm taking you off my Christmas list!

I do not believe you ever defended me. You have called me a unstable whako plenty of times especially when I called for PJ Fleck during the 2016 season I have defended you once... Because a enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I take it as a compliment when posters call me unsound, bipolar, or unstable. Insanity is a gift and reality is over rated. I don't like to go there when I don't have to.

Everything you say is funny and stupid. I always laugh at your nonsense. Sometimes it gets annoying but it's always a good laugh for a known troll. Get over your obsession with Kelly.
I've never once called any poster a name on here.
Not once.

One of the signs of immaturity is exactly like your behavior.

I welcome the debate and if I disagree with you that's welcomed too... As is your repeated defense of Brian Kelly. You fall on his sword every single day and that's your prerogative. I, on the other hand choose to reach just a little higher than beating the teams we're supposed to.

Fairly pathetic to celebrate beating teans we're supposed to beat. A lot in which we should beat easily. Very easily. Yet the better teams we never beat and sometimes it's beyond embarrassing.

It's become a joke to be honest that our coach in ten years can't even be competitive in a major bowl.
At Notre Dame mind you.

All this at Notre Dame!

Damn shame

I do not believe you ever defended me. You have called me a unstable whako plenty of times especially when I called for PJ Fleck during the 2016 season I have defended you once... Because a enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I take it as a compliment when posters call me unsound, bipolar, or unstable. Insanity is a gift and reality is over rated. I don't like to go there when I don't have to.
I don't remember that, unless it was under someother login, which wouldn't suprise me. I mean you are quite different and the ultimate homer. I think a lot of us long time posters just have accepted that about you. But whatever floats your boat.

I've never once called any poster a name on here.
Not once.

One of the signs of immaturity is exactly like your behavior.

I welcome the debate and if I disagree with you that's welcomed too... As is your repeated defense of Brian Kelly. You fall on his sword every single day and that's your prerogative. I, on the other hand choose to reach just a little higher than beating the teams we're supposed to.

Fairly pathetic to celebrate beating teans we're supposed to beat. A lot in which we should beat easily. Very easily. Yet the better teams we never beat and sometimes it's beyond embarrassing.

It's become a joke to be honest that our coach in ten years can't even be competitive in a major bowl.
At Notre Dame mind you.

All this at Notre Dame!

Damn shame
I know, all you've done is call a Notre Dame player a coward. That was beyonddd embarrassing. You're a clown and I'll call you on it.

Except when the opponent is good and the game is a big one.
Ssshhh!!!

Hope we could get to bed room..

I hate 404p bri4hesr34
I know, all you've done is call a Notre Dame player a coward. That was beyonddd embarrassing. You're a clown and I'll call you on it.
I'm talking about posters like you. The trendy uninformed poster that thinks he really knows makimg him twice as ignorant.

#2 is Book afraid of contact? Is he refusing to step into a throw as that leaves the body vulnerable to a big hit? Yes to both.
I don't know what you call it but I'm from that is called being scared, afraid, or a coward.

It's all the same meaning.

Would you like I didn't point out that he does that? You'd prefer I just say yep that's the new QB style on 2019. All the elites are doing it. Play the position worried about taking a big hit. ???

I'm sorry but until they start giving these players a flag for their belt it is exactly what it is. Afraid. Scared. Cowardly. All the same thing and it hurts the collective efforts of the TEAM.

Ssshhh!!!

Hope we could get to bed room..

I hate 404p bri4hesr34

I'm talking about posters like you. The trendy uninformed poster that thinks he really knows makimg him twice as ignorant.

#2 is Book afraid of contact? Is he refusing to step into a throw as that leaves the body vulnerable to a big hit? Yes to both.
I don't know what you call it but I'm from that is called being scared, afraid, or a coward.

Would you like I didn't point out that he does that? You'd prefer I just say yep that's the new QB style on 2019. All the elites are doing it. Play the position worried about taking a big hit. ???

I'm sorry but until they start giving these players a flag for their belt it is exactly what it is. Afraid. Scared. Cowardly. All the same thing and it hurts the collective efforts of the TEAM.
I dont care what you say. So you shouldnt when I call you out for what you are. A troll and clown. Stop b*tching about name calling you soft liberal

Reactions: IrishMike409
Pyne probably will never start at ND. Phil and Brendon wil compete for the job. I expect the loser of that competition to transfer. Then i expect the real stud Buchner to take over
Unless Meyer takes the S C job and takes Buchner away from us .

I dont care what you say. So you shouldnt when I call you out for what you are. A troll and clown. Stop b*tching about name calling you soft liberal
That's rich.

I'm a million miles from liberal and just remember the only person between you and I that's upset is you. I point out a cold hard fact and reality that hurts your feelings and you go loco.

Hilarious.

Remember, Book and Kelly don't care about you so it's amazing the fictional fight you put up defending their poor performances.

Lastly I'm still trying to figure out how someone who has only been here 6 months feels they've earned some right to call people trolls.

I was here long before you were old enough to be permitted on the internet and I'll be here long after sonething else trendy takes your attention.

Reactions: The Oyster Guy
That's rich.

I'm a million miles from liberal and just remember the only person between you and I that's upset is you. I point out a cold hard fact and reality that hurts your feelings and you go loco.

Hilarious.

Remember, Book and Kelly don't care about you so it's amazing the fictional fight you put up defending their poor performances.

Lastly I'm still trying to figure out how someone who has only been here 6 months feels they've earned some right to call people trolls.

I was here long before you were old enough to be permitted on the internet and I'll be here long after sonething else trendy takes your attention.
Im not upset. Why do you seem so offended when I call you a troll and clown. Dont get so offended. You're dishing "cold hard facts" on our players. And I'm doing the same to you. Stop being so soft and defensive.

Reactions: bcases and Pennick4
easy there keyboard giant. After reading these posts, it's pretty apparent that you're the one going after 88ND, not the other way around. 88ND is simply providing his opinion on Kelly and Book, which I agree with, and you don't like it. Some of us would prefer to see ND at least be competitive in major bowl games. Kelly is an above average coach, but he appears to have hit his ceiling, and continues to prove over and over that he is NOT some QB wizard. Not to mention, with the talent ND recruits every year, the players don't appear to be getting all that much better. While there are additional coaches on ND's staff, at the end of the day, if the players don't improve and win, it's on Kelly. Period.

easy there keyboard giant. After reading these posts, it's pretty apparent that you're the one going after 88ND, not the other way around. 88ND is simply providing his opinion on Kelly and Book, which I agree with, and you don't like it. Some of us would prefer to see ND at least be competitive in major bowl games. Kelly is an above average coach, but he appears to have hit his ceiling, and continues to prove over and over that he is NOT some QB wizard. Not to mention, with the talent ND recruits every year, the players don't appear to be getting all that much better. While there are additional coaches on ND's staff, at the end of the day, if the players don't improve and win, it's on Kelly. Period.
It's non stop bashing Kelly in every post when it is warranted and when it is not. Then calling our quarterback a coward crossed the line. So im going to call him out when he's wrong. If He has every right to say what he said. Thats fine. It got annoying but I'm not upset. Then he shouldnt be upset when I call him out to what I feel he is. I have no problem. He can call out Kelly and the players. And im going to call him out. Dont be so sensitive sticking up for him

Irish4life,
I would be very surprised to see Phil stay ( unless he values the ND degree over his football career ?”
ND now has Phil and another backup QB. They are also recruiting new QB’s, and will do so again after
Next season.
In other words, Phil will have to compete against all the other QB’s after Book leaves after next season.
So strictly from a football career perspective, why would anyone in Phil’s position stay ?
Book is a very good college QB and will give Kelly his 8 to 9 wins a season. Put up some good numbers against most of the teams on our schedule. So it is hard to be critical of Book, if many fans , Kelly,
and the administration are happy!
I really enjoyed watching the LSU / Ala game yesterday. Burrow is one heck of a QB and Ala
Had another outstanding QB. I don’t know if ND will ever get that type of talent at QB or that type of
Coaching?
In short, Until we do, ND will be a lower end top 20 team ! That is the reality !

Ian Book will give Kelly his 10 to 12 wins a season. We have not had any crappy 8 or 9 win seasons under Book.
And we are not a lower end top 20 team. Ian Book led the Irish to the playoffs last year--where only four teams made it. We are 7 and 2 this year will be favored in every game the rest of the season and could easily finish in the top ten again. If we end up ten and two we could get a major bowl invite and Book will break our big bowl losing streak.
Phil J. is a scrub right now. Book is a major player in the college football landscape.
Brady Quinn, Deshone Kizer, and Jimmy C. were all NFL qb's out of ND and none of them could beat an elite team. Maybe it is not just the QB's fault?

Reactions: IrishMike409
It's non stop bashing Kelly in every post when it is warranted and when it is not. Then calling our quarterback a coward crossed the line. So im going to call him out when he's wrong. If He has every right to say what he said. Thats fine. It got annoying but I'm not upset. Then he shouldnt be upset when I call him out to what I feel he is. I have no problem. He can call out Kelly and the players. And im going to call him out. Dont be so sensitive sticking up for him
I see your point. I'm not so much sticking up for him as I just agree with how Kelly has "coached" the qb position. Having a talent like PJ sitting on the sidelines when we are up by 3 TDs with 8mins left seems a little ridiculous. The kid continues to get very little real time game experience. Kelly has been here for 9 or 10 seasons, and the QB play has been average at best overall. That is on whomever is "coaching" the QBs or the head coach.

Ian Book will give Kelly his 10 to 12 wins a season. We have not had any crappy 8 or 9 win seasons under Book.
And we are not a lower end top 20 team. Ian Book led the Irish to the playoffs last year--where only four teams made it. We are 7 and 2 this year will be favored in every game the rest of the season and could easily finish in the top ten again. If we end up ten and two we could get a major bowl invite and Book will break our big bowl losing streak.
Phil J. is a scrub right now. Book is a major player in the college football landscape.
Brady Quinn, Deshone Kizer, and Jimmy C. were all NFL qb's out of ND and none of them could beat an elite team. Maybe it is not just the QB's fault?
Calling PJ a scrub is a bit harsh. The kid is far from a scrub, but for whatever reason isn't able to beat out Book, who is possibly the worst Power5 QB at throwing the deep ball...and that's likely not even debatable.
It's very apparent that PJ either isn't picking up on the ND QB scheme, or Kelly is over enamored with Book and his inability to stay in the pocket for more than 1.4 seconds.

Calling PJ a scrub is a bit harsh. The kid is far from a scrub, but for whatever reason isn't able to beat out Book, who is possibly the worst Power5 QB at throwing the deep ball...and that's likely not even debatable.
It's very apparent that PJ either isn't picking up on the ND QB scheme, or Kelly is over enamored with Book and his inability to stay in the pocket for more than 1.4 seconds.

I agree. I take it back he is not a scrub---I meant he is a backup. I like his running ability and that bomb to Lenzy was pretty cool. I just like Book because he is relentless and is GREAT in the redzone.

He won't, but I would bet $10 on Pitt.
tenor.gif

I see your point. I'm not so much sticking up for him as I just agree with how Kelly has "coached" the qb position. Having a talent like PJ sitting on the sidelines when we are up by 3 TDs with 8mins left seems a little ridiculous. The kid continues to get very little real time game experience. Kelly has been here for 9 or 10 seasons, and the QB play has been average at best overall. That is on whomever is "coaching" the QBs or the head coach.
Phil is no pioneer in this situation.

Remember..
Book NEVER got quality reps and even AFTER he brought ND ahead in the citrus bowl... BK still ignored that until game 4 in 2018.

BK and the Quarterback position are NOT peas and carrots

Reactions: The Oyster Guy
I agree with your point and wish Kelly would let Phil play a lot more actually. I wouldn't even be against a change as stater. But the non stop complaining and bashing and taking over every thread by him is ridiculous

Reactions: Kelso86
This is a great post.

This is a great post.
Book is a major player in college football landscape and Phil is a scrub? Please.... Not slamming Book but that praise is unwarranted. Book isn't even on the top 20 watch list for the Heisman. He's a average to good qb and that's it. He's an improved Reese 2.0.

Reactions: rgc7
“#2 is Book afraid of contact? Is he refusing to step into a throw as that leaves the body vulnerable to a big hit? Yes to both.

I'm sorry but until they start giving these players a flag for their belt it is exactly what it is. Afraid. Scared. Cowardly. All the same thing and it hurts the collective efforts of the TEAM.”

If he were only as tough as a guy sitting behind his keyboard calling players cowardly.

Reactions: Kelso86
People complain about PJ's passing abilities. What? The guy is given zero pass calls once he gets into a late game. Kelly being Kelly. He is reverting back to stubborn old Kelly. Look I'm happy that Book did well even in his passing limitations.[Funny how people blast Phil on that]. But he should have gotten in way sooner to allow experience in game situations. Y'all wonder why the QBs don't develop-no playing time situations.That's on Kelly.

“#2 is Book afraid of contact? Is he refusing to step into a throw as that leaves the body vulnerable to a big hit? Yes to both.

I'm sorry but until they start giving these players a flag for their belt it is exactly what it is. Afraid. Scared. Cowardly. All the same thing and it hurts the collective efforts of the TEAM.”

If he were only as tough as a guy sitting behind his keyboard calling players cowardly.
I'm not sure who said that but I personally don't believe Book is afraid of contact considering how much he runs. I think the biggest reason he flushes from the pocket easily is his height. I think when the pocket gets tight he cannot see his recievers over 6'3 and taller lineman when you're barely 6'.

Reactions: Golson5
Except we're a 10 plus win a year program now. We're a top 12 program currently. He'd stay because why sit out a year next year and have 2 years of eligibility. When he can just stay, hopefully win the job or get playing time next year, then still have those same 2 years of eligibility here. Simple
The real lack of productivity from Book, in being able to exploit the deep secondary means that we probably won't run up enough points to have PJ ever get meaningful snaps. Even in blowout wins, PJ played actually very little. He has never been put in a situation where he has to perform, meaning that if he ever came off the bench, he prob would fail, thys supporting BKs prophecies PJ isn't ready

Reactions: irish4life888
I'm not sure who said that but I personally don't believe Book is afraid of contact considering how much he runs. I think the biggest reason he flushes from the pocket easily is his height. I think when the pocket gets tight he cannot see his recievers over 6'3 and taller lineman when you're barely 6'.
I agree. I also don't think he's comfortable or confident going through his progressions which leads to his happy feet. He ran over that USC defender last year. Afraid of contact is crap and lazy

Reactions: irish4life888
Its obvious he will not get any real playing time. Book has no chance getting in the NFL and will be back in 2020. It's obvious he's Kelly’s qb and Kelly won't even put him in until it's total garbage time. So I guess the only question is where will he transfer? PSU?

I’d let him transfer - I saw enough in the Michigan 2nd half to see that he will be a very “average QB” at best

1. Average arm w balls thrown that were not tight spirals - wooblers

2. Slow of foot -

He is not and would not be a better option than Book now or even next season

Also - the one QB recruit coming in for next season from Ct - also not a legit D QB either - not a difference maker -

Whoever is recruiting QB’s needs to step it up

And if I were a stud high school QB I’d have ND high on my list with how weak the ND QB talent is

A bad ass QB could come in and start next season

For now and next season Book is the best option

I’d let him transfer - I saw enough in the Michigan 2nd half to see that he will be a very “average QB” at best

1. Average arm w balls thrown that were not tight spirals - wooblers

2. Slow of foot -

He is not and would not be a better option than Book now or even next season

Also - the one QB recruit coming in for next season from Ct - also not a legit D QB either - not a difference maker -

Whoever is recruiting QB’s needs to step it up

And if I were a stud high school QB I’d have ND high on my list with how weak the ND QB talent is

A bad ass QB could come in and start next season

For now and next season Book is the best option
LMAO, was this a serious post? With one series you say Phil sucks and has no future? Oh and for Michigan game PJ was 75% completion and 1 TD. Book was 31% and only one TD and played almost the entire game. Do you even follow ND football?

Oh and Alabama and Clemson both had offers to Phil. I guess their recruiters suck at evaluating Qbs also. Were so lucky to have someone as insightful as you to watch one successful series of a qb and already know he's a failure lol keep up the good work!

Last edited:
LMAO, was this a serious post? With one series you say Phil sucks and has no future? Oh and for Michigan game PJ was 75% completion and 1 TD. Book was 31% and only one TD and played almost the entire game. Do you even follow ND football?

Oh and Alabama and Clemson both had offers to Phil. I guess their recruiters suck at evaluating Qbs also. Were so lucky to have someone as insightful as you to watch one successful series of a qb and already know he's a failure lol keep up the good work!
Ouch!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT