ADVERTISEMENT

Where will Phil Jurkovec transfer to?

irish4life888

I've posted how many times?
Sep 20, 2009
Its obvious he will not get any real playing time. Book has no chance getting in the NFL and will be back in 2020. It's obvious he's Kelly’s qb and Kelly won't even put him in until it's total garbage time. So I guess the only question is where will he transfer? PSU?

Its obvious he will not get any real playing time. Book has no chance getting in the NFL and will be back in 2020. It's obvious he's Kelly’s qb and Kelly won't even put him in until it's total garbage time. So I guess the only question is where will he transfer? PSU?
He'll stay and have 3 years of eligibility left

Pitt

Ho hum, more anger after a win. A strange crowd here, no doubt.
No. This is a real concern. You will find ND beat writers and analysts asking the same question. Kelly is acting like a father who is coaching his QB son in Pop Warner football. Do any of the other top QBs play deep into the 4th Quarter in a lopsided win? I want Kelly to be asked in his presser and pin him for an answer that doesn't sound like a Pop Warner dad protecting his son.

Ho hum, more anger after a win. A strange crowd here, no doubt.
Not angry at the win. Disappointed that PJ got not playing time. Up by 30+ points with 8 minutes left and don't get him a real series. That's when I knew Kelly was planning on Book being the 2020 QB.

Reactions: Zorich 88 and rgc7
He will stay next year and have 20, 21 and 22. 3 years of eligibility. He can try to hopefully beat Book out next year and if he doesnt hed still have 2 years left

Book runs too much and eventually he is going to run into the wrong defender and get clobbered. Phil will eventually get his chance if he stays. If not who cares, play calling stinks anyway.

Reactions: THUNDERSTRUCK111
He will stay next year and have 20, 21 and 22. 3 years of eligibility. He can try to hopefully beat Book out next year and if he doesnt hed still have 2 years left
And Pyne and Buchner are going to wait till there 30 to play too huh.
Someone is going to transfer out of those 4 QBs
Book should go after this year and develop the higher rated and ceiling guys before you have none left .

Book should go after this year and develop the higher rated and ceiling guys before you have none left .
If Phil sticks it out and becomes the starter even if Book leaves, he would have two years and Buchner would still have three when he took over for Phil. This is assuming Buchner doesn’t win the job as a true frosh if Book is back next year.

Ian Book is awesome. Ever since you and IronTooth became an item you have been very negative.:D:D

Reactions: HarpuaIrish
Irish4life,
I would be very surprised to see Phil stay ( unless he values the ND degree over his football career ?”
ND now has Phil and another backup QB. They are also recruiting new QB’s, and will do so again after
Next season.
In other words, Phil will have to compete against all the other QB’s after Book leaves after next season.
So strictly from a football career perspective, why would anyone in Phil’s position stay ?
Book is a very good college QB and will give Kelly his 8 to 9 wins a season. Put up some good numbers against most of the teams on our schedule. So it is hard to be critical of Book, if many fans , Kelly,
and the administration are happy!
I really enjoyed watching the LSU / Ala game yesterday. Burrow is one heck of a QB and Ala
Had another outstanding QB. I don’t know if ND will ever get that type of talent at QB or that type of
Coaching?
In short, Until we do, ND will be a lower end top 20 team ! That is the reality !

Last edited:
Not angry at the win. Disappointed that PJ got not playing time. Up by 30+ points with 8 minutes left and don't get him a real series. That's when I knew Kelly was planning on Book being the 2020 QB.
You better believe it.

Phil's playing time was handing the ball off or keeping the ball.

What a ****ing joke.

BK...
The most overrated coach in D1.

Period.
Possibly see the pattern of our lack of a real top QB over the last decade.

Our QB's are so far behind the curve because of one person. Brian Kelly

I literally feel bad for Phil.

Everyone in the world wanted that kid. He looked at the time limes of who's graduating, playing, and where it will all fit.

Here we are... Phil tremendously more talented than Book yet sitting the bench and odds are more of that bench sitting for next year. Again.

Irish4life,
I would be very surprised to see Phil stay ( unless he values the ND degree over his football career ?”
ND now has Phil and another backup QB. They are also recruiting new QB’s, and will do so again after
Next season.
In other words, Phil will have to compete against all the other QB’s after Book leaves after next season.
So strictly from a football career perspective, why would anyone in Phil’s position stay ?
Book is a very good college QB and will give Kelly his 8 to 9 wins a season. Put up some good numbers against most of the teams on our schedule. So it is hard to be critical of Book, if many fans , Kelly,
I really enjoyed watching the LSU / Ala game yesterday. Burrow is one heck of a QB and Ala
Had another outstanding QB. I don’t know if ND will ever get that type of talent at QB or that type of
Coaching?
In short, Until we do, ND will be a lower end top 20 team ! That is the reality !
Absolutely positively damn straight.

Excellent post!!!

Reactions: rgc7
Not at all. Why would you not play Phil in a blowout? Its fricking stupid not to get this kid some experience.
Exactly.
If you're playing him again then the red shirt ship has sailed at this point.
So you let him come in to.............

Hand the ball off?

BK BK he's our man, if he can't do it no one can.

W
T
F
E

BK...most overrated coach in D1 football.

Pyne probably will never start at ND. Phil and Brendon wil compete for the job. I expect the loser of that competition to transfer. Then i expect the real stud Buchner to take over

Reactions: spenna
Irish4life,
Next season.
Coaching?
Except we're a 10 plus win a year program now. We're a top 12 program currently. He'd stay because why sit out a year next year and have 2 years of eligibility. When he can just stay, hopefully win the job or get playing time next year, then still have those same 2 years of eligibility here. Simple

Reactions: BodiTheGreat
Exactly.
If you're playing him again then the red shirt ship has sailed at this point.
So you let him come in to.............

Hand the ball off?

BK BK he's our man, if he can't do it no one can.

W
T
F
E

BK...most overrated coach in D1 football.
And one of the winningest.....

Except we're a 10 plus win a year program now. We're a top 12 program currently. He'd stay because why sit out a year next year and have 2 years of eligibility. When he can just stay, hopefully win the job or get playing time next year, then still have those same 2 years of eligibility here. Simple

Why do you think he will get playing time next year, when he gets no meaningful time this year when
We are playing a weak team like Duke and ND is well ahead in the4th Qt?
It would seem to me that if Kelly felt that Phil was ever going to be a starter at ND, he would be
Getting him meaningful playing time at every opportunity?
I

Pyne probably will never start at ND. Phil and Brendon wil compete for the job. I expect the loser of that competition to transfer. Then i expect the real stud Buchner to take over
That’s fair.
Buchner we cannot lose
I’m not big on pyne because his competition is on CT and I don’t see it being that good. Maybe I’m wrong.
There will be a transfer.
Just hope it’s not Phil or Buchner.

Reactions: spenna
I think not playing Phil late against Duke is more Kelly covering Phil than Kelly wanting Book to get more reps.

Guys, Phil is a long way away from being anywhere near a D1 starter.

I am really not sure what Kelly saw in Phil when he recruited him????

Reactions: IrishMike409
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT