ADVERTISEMENT

Where is the Spring game this year?

Irish437

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 1, 2008
Just read an NBC Sports article that was written today that it won't be at Lucas Oil now. It sounded like they don't have a destination set.

I'm pretty certain # 1's sources confirmed that it will be played on Mars.

I would love the windy city just for recruiting purposes alone. I fear coach JH will try take make that area his turf so us playing the spring there would be huge in getting the local kids to see us play

If you filthy peasants would come off a few bucks, you would all know the game is being played at Soldier Field. Sheesh.

You're welcome.

No shit peasant!

Guess I can't fool you.

You must be one of leader peasants?

BTW, you should know that personal attacks are frowned upon here.
Especially to paying members.

Don't make me do something I don't want to do!

Now run along son.

I believe at the Superior Dome up here in Marquette. There will be outhouse races before the game.

Originally posted by coolirish9:

I would love the windy city just for recruiting purposes alone. I fear coach JH will try take make that area his turf so us playing the spring there would be huge in getting the local kids to see us play
Suburban Chicago isn't exactly such a hotbed of recruiting that I would fear us taking a hit there (or that it's such a hotbed that Michigan would somehow deem that area as an area of "want").

Plus, we already get tons of exposure in the Chicago area. If you actually want to do something for recruiting purposes, put the spring game in California.

Originally posted by TElkins:
No shit peasant!

Guess I can't fool you.

You must be one of leader peasants?

BTW, you should know that personal attacks are frowned upon here.
Especially to paying members.

Don't make me do something I don't want to do!

Now run along son.
I have no idea what Ara said. Was it a less polite way of calling you presumptuous buffoon for contending that the game was set to be played at Soldier Field, and that you look even more foolish given that you bragged about having access to updated information?

Rumors floating - on campus "field TBD".......

I was in UND library. Most ND students said they will work with Notre Dame Stadium for Blue & Gold spring game. I not joking with you.

If this bit of info means anything, my section usher told our group that the ushers were told not to report for the Spring Game as their services would not be required. The drama. The suspense. Can the grounds crew get a 100 yard field in the baseball stadium like Da Bears at Wrigley all those many years ago? Truth be told, I don't think Jack even knows what to do at this point.

I think this location would be available

0dc5738e-f9e0-e111-b8d5-002655e6c126_original.jpg

Re: I think this location would be available

It will be somewhere on campus. Soccer field, lacross field. BK has expressed a desire to stay on campus. Also a slight chance it could be played at Penn hs or St.Joe hs about 3 miles from campus

I can see the steel fences was moved for two open gates path to the Notre Dame Stadium . I knew what they was planning for Blue & Gold spring game. The ND students was right.

Don't you think it's a little early to open the gates?

Maybe seating will be on a first come first served basis.

They have already decided to use it for commencement so I am not sure what the issue is with using it for the spring game. Assuming power and water are working just open up one or two gates through the construction for the day. It is not rocket science.

That's interesting. I thought they had moved commencement too.

I'm guessing the power/water will be running that day....

Originally posted by irishnumberone1:

I was in UND library. Most ND students said they will work with Notre Dame Stadium for Blue & Gold spring game. I not joking with you.
There was no way in hell you where at the Hesburgh Library let alone talking to ND students. What the heck does ND students working with the stadium have to do with the spring game? Another one of you tall tails!

Originally posted by cgvr:
That's interesting. I thought they had moved commencement too.

I'm guessing the power/water will be running that day....
Last week during a speech to some students Father Jenkins confirmed that commencement for this year would be moved back to the stadium. Link attached.

ND Observer

the latest rumor I heard was santa is hosting our team for our spring game at the north pole in a new stadium his elfs built called the polar ice stadium

Yep, it was just on CNN.

Plus, at halftime argus will be "hopnored" for his incredible coverage of the fsu winston scandal.

I believe they will be presenting him with a BB gun, crab legs and a plaque with all 10,000+ of his handles.

Originally posted by irishnumberone1:

There was no way in hell you where at the Hesburgh Library let alone talking to ND students. What the heck does ND students working with the stadium have to do with the spring game? Another one of you tall tails!2/26 10:59 AM | IP: Logged

That what they said.I not ever trust some of UND students was say about ND football.

Students aren't allowed to speak in the library.

It's grounds for expulsion.

Also, no one is allowed to say, "Shhhhh", in the library.

That can get you excommunicated.

According to Kelly, the spring game will be at the LaBar fields -- in negotiations to bring in temp seating.

At least it will be on Campus.

This post was edited on 3/2 9:54 AM by Kelso86

Originally posted by Kelso86:
According to Kelly, the spring game will be at the LaBar fields -- in negotiations to bring in temp seating.

At least it will be on Campus.

This post was edited on 3/2 9:54 AM by Kelso86
My stadium section usher called it last Fall. Kudos to him. He has given us other inside info that turned out to be correct. Either way, I'm sitting this one out. Have fun to those who attend.

Everybody is going to take credit now. My guy called it last fall. How about you? We actually should have started a pool on where the game would be played. Anywhooo. You guys have fun at the game. I'll catch it on NBC Sports if they even broadcast it. My Direct TV start charging me a $3.60 "Regional Sports Fee" so I can have this kind of stuff I guess. The game will probably not be in the stadium next Spring either according to my rock solid source.

Thought I'd better post a link to show where the Spring Game might be held this year. I wonder who they're going to rent the temporary seating from? NBC should foot the bill, especially if they're televising the game.

LaBar field

I say everybody brings their own lawn chairs like fans do at Pop Warner and Little League games.

During WSBT 960 Weekday Sportsbeat last night they reported that the temp seating would only accommodate about 3000 people.
Recent B&G games have had 20K to 25K.
This will be invite only, for the lucky ones.

They also said that it is unclear at this point if it will even be on television either.

So for most of us , this means there will be no spring game that we can see, but hopefully they will post up highlights on the interweb.

nbc might not televise it then but und.com will probably live stream it like they do most other sports being played on campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT