Zorich 88

I've posted how many times?
Dec 7, 2006
Sept. 2 TEMPLE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Sept. 9 GEORGIA Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Sept. 16 Boston College Alumni Stadium, Chestnut, Hill, Massachusetts
Sept. 23 Michigan State Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan
Sept. 30 MIAMI (Ohio) Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Oct. 7 North Carolina Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C.
Oct. 14 Bye Week
Oct. 21 USC Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Oct. 28 NC STATE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Nov. 4 WAKE FOREST Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Nov. 11 Miami (Fla.) New Miami Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida
Nov. 18 NAVY Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana
Nov. 25 Stanford Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California

There are to many guy's on this board predicting 8 or more wins next season. I just don't see it. Please, Pennick44 and IIO, pick the games you have penciled in as a confident win.

There are to many guy's on this board predicting 8 or more wins next season. I just don't see it. Please, Pennick44 and IIO, pick the games you have penciled in as a confident win.

Really depends on who ND has left on the team next year. Any defects to the NFL? Any career ending injuries? Any transfers (in or out)? ...

This current coaching staff has not beaten one top 25 team this year. Yet, ND only has two wins. How in the world can we expect anything better next year, when the schedule is tougher and we have no clue who will make an early leap the the pros?

Reactions: Nocalirish

Geez, we're halfway through this season and you think you can pick the winners of games a year in the future? No kidding.

^ the draft looms large in ND fotunes for '17
The '17 recruiting class does not look like help of an immediate nature will be coming.

ND will essentially be fielding the same team, with the same leadership.

Oct. 14 Bye Week

The maturation of the youngest team in South Bend in nearly 50 years, combined with a defense that will more-than-likely, not start the year with a complete waste case of a defensive coordinator, and a head coach, coaching for his job.

Ask yourself this... If anyone, you included Perse and Zorich, were running ND's defense other than VanGorder, are the Texas and Duke games loses? I think the answer is a resounding "no". Just look at how much better they've played since he was dismissed. You're talking about a coach in Brian Kelly, and a staff of assistants, coaching for their jobs.

The final piece of the puzzle is this...

DeShone Kizer
Quenton Nelson
Mike McGlinchey
Torii Hunter Jr
Alize Jones

Who is back, and who leaves? That will have a lot of impact on next year's team.

Old teams win a lot of games in college football.

For sake of this reply I am going to assume Kizer and McGlinchey are back. I am also going to assume we have a real defensive co-ordinator.

Sept. 2 TEMPLE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Sept. 9 GEORGIA Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Sept. 16 Boston College Alumni Stadium, Chestnut, Hill, Massachusetts - Win
Sept. 23 Michigan State Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan - Win
Sept. 30 MIAMI (Ohio) Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Oct. 7 North Carolina Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C. - Win
Oct. 14 Bye Week
Oct. 21 USC Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Oct. 28 NC STATE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 4 WAKE FOREST Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 11 Miami (Fla.) New Miami Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida - Win
Nov. 18 NAVY Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 25 Stanford Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California - Win

Now....I am an optimist by nature but I also had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting in front row gold seats just in front of Joe Schmidt for the Stanford game and watched a pathetic Notre Dame offense. I believe our TE play will be better which is one of the missing keys to the offense the last two seasons and I think the team will be more mature and will be better. Could I see losses against Georgia, Michigan State, North Carolina, USC, Miami and Stanford? Of course. Do I realistically think we go undefeated? No. But I think 11-1 or 10-2 is possible and 11-1 with this schedule is a playoff berth.

For sake of this reply I am going to assume Kizer and McGlinchey are back. I am also going to assume we have a real defensive co-ordinator.

Sept. 2 TEMPLE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Sept. 9 GEORGIA Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Sept. 16 Boston College Alumni Stadium, Chestnut, Hill, Massachusetts - Loss
Sept. 23 Michigan State Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan - Loss
Sept. 30 MIAMI (Ohio) Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Oct. 7 North Carolina Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C. - Loss
Oct. 14 Bye Week WIN for us
Oct. 21 USC Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Oct. 28 NC STATE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Nov. 4 WAKE FOREST Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Nov. 11 Miami (Fla.) New Miami Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida - Loss
Nov. 18 NAVY Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Loss
Nov. 25 Stanford Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California - Loss

Now....I am an optimist by nature but I also had the unfortunate pleasure of sitting in front row gold seats just in front of Joe Schmidt for the Stanford game and watched a pathetic Notre Dame offense. I believe our TE play will be better which is one of the missing keys to the offense the last two seasons and I think the team will be more mature and will be better. Could I see losses against Georgia, Michigan State, North Carolina, USC, Miami and Stanford? Of course. Do I realistically think we go undefeated? No. But I think 11-1 or 10-2 is possible and 11-1 with this schedule is a playoff berth.

I readjusted your projection. Our D will improve our O will tank I do not trust Kelly!

I readjusted your projection. Our D will improve our O will tank I do not trust Kelly!

Wow. What an optimist.

I am very optimistic. Right now I am positive we will lose them all. Of course things can change. When was the last time we won a game

ND has never had a winless season. So yeah, let's project the worst season in ND history.

ND has never had a winless season. So yeah, let's project the worst season in ND history.

Why not we were a project playoff team this year. Kelly has ruined the team right now. I have not see the team move in a positive direction. Until things start moving positively this team will be a disaster., It is up to him

The maturation of the youngest team in South Bend in nearly 50 years, combined with a defense that will more-than-likely, not start the year with a complete waste case of a defensive coordinator, and a head coach, coaching for his job.

Ask yourself this... If anyone, you included Perse and Zorich, were running ND's defense other than VanGorder, are the Texas and Duke games loses? I think the answer is a resounding "no". Just look at how much better they've played since he was dismissed. You're talking about a coach in Brian Kelly, and a staff of assistants, coaching for their jobs.

The final piece of the puzzle is this...

DeShone Kizer
Quenton Nelson
Mike McGlinchey
Torii Hunter Jr
Alize Jones

Who is back, and who leaves? That will have a lot of impact on next year's team.

Old teams win a lot of games in college football.

OK, the "new" defense has played who? ND beats Texas if BK plays DK the whole game. ND beats MSU if Kelly opened up the offense in the first half like he did in the second half. Kelly was out coached against Duke.

You had the chance to put your money up and you curled up in the fetal position. It was great. Keep posting your crap It is humorous.

I think we will beat Miami of Ohio. Porky beat them in '05 by 1 (38-37). He owns them.

Once we know the coaching staff for 2017 we can get a better idea.

Reactions: Java65
Oct. 14 Bye Week

That's actually a pretty easy schedule.

Nothing is easy for Kelly except cashing his checks from Jack. Hopefully they both get fired.

Reactions: 88ND
Oh oh. Urban just jumped on one of his players on the sidelines on national TV. How will the national media react? How will the fan base react? Will this put to rest that BK is not the only coach to get in a players face on the sideline?

Oh oh. Urban just jumped on one of his players on the sidelines on national TV. How will the national media react? How will the fan base react? Will this put to rest that BK is not the only coach to get in a players face on the sideline?
I think the media would be a little less ridiculously too sensitive if Kelly was getting results.

Pissing and moaning to a player...only to see the players do sane things ..lose every big game...

Yeah Meyer is gonna get that pass.

Sept. 2 TEMPLE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Sept. 9 GEORGIA Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Sept. 16 Boston College Alumni Stadium, Chestnut, Hill, Massachusetts - Win
Sept. 23 Michigan State Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, Michigan - Win
Sept. 30 MIAMI (Ohio) Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Oct. 7 North Carolina Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, N.C. - Win
Oct. 14 Bye Week
Oct. 21 USC Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Oct. 28 NC STATE Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 4 WAKE FOREST Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 11 Miami (Fla.) New Miami Stadium, Miami Gardens, Florida - Win
Nov. 18 NAVY Notre Dame Stadium, Notre Dame, Indiana - Win
Nov. 25 Stanford Stanford Stadium, Stanford, California - Win

to quote Jon Lovitz: "Yeahhhhh....That's the ticket!"

ummm like Urban is a coach that has built and won multiple National Championships! a coach that has credibility!

are you a paid shill for Kelly? are hope you are getting enough that you would sell your soul !

and, very few have matched the tantrums or mistreatments we witnessed from BK; a coach with NO banked credibility.

incredible that these Kellyites 'continually' try to put others down as if it advances a notion that BK is a good coach! By assigning them here, he actually brings wrath down upon himself.

precisely!

Last edited:
ummm like Urban is a coach that has built and won multiple National Championships! a coach that has credibility!

are you a paid shill for Kelly? are hope you are getting enough that you would sell your soul !

and, very few have matched the tantrums or mistreatments we witnessed from BK; a coach with NO banked credibility.
he lost me when he mentioned Urban and BK in the same paragraph.

I can see a lot of wins next year because this will be a seasoned veteran team after being very young this year from playing so many young guys including a lot of freshmen. almost all of the offense returns next and so if Kelly makes the right hire at DC then goods things could or should happen next season

Georgia, Michigan St, Navy. North Carolina look like better teams to me.

Hmmm. Michigan State has regressed more than ND this year. Sparty is getting blown out by crap teams. At least ND is keeping the loses to one possession games. ND also has more young four star talent than MSU. Dantonio never really capitalized on MSU's success WRT recruiting and that is finally catching up to them.

Reactions: jpmwalsh
Hmmm. Michigan State has regressed more than ND this year. Sparty is getting blown out by crap teams. At least ND is keeping the loses to one possession games. ND also has more young four star talent than MSU. Dantonio never really capitalized on MSU's success WRT recruiting and that is finally catching up to them.
Yet none of that matters because they beat us in a head to head matchup this year. As bad as they are we were worse.

Reactions: Nocalirish
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT