ADVERTISEMENT

When is the Kool-Aid Crowd Coming

Sarah_Plain_And_Tall

Shakes Down The Thunder
Sep 4, 2016
Have not heard much from them. Waiting for them to come, talk down to us, tell us we know nothing about football, and of course...make excuses for Kelly.

Year 7 and no change. Same bad defense, same game mismanagement.

How could Kelly not see that Kizer was better during Spring and Fall practice? In a shootout, can't afford to waste 3 series' with Zaire. And when Zaire was in, could not Kelly see that Texas was loading the box? You would think he would have Zaire pass more to loosen the defense. But no...

And running the ball on 3rd and 12 with a minute to go was pathetic.

Have not heard much from them. Waiting for them to come, talk down to us, tell us we know nothing about football, and of course...make excuses for Kelly.

How could Kelly not see that Kizer was better during Spring and Fall practice? In a shootout, can't afford to waste 3 series' with Zaire. And when Zaire was in, could not Kelly see that Texas was loading the box? You would think he would have Zaire pass more to loosen the defense. But no...

they are busy creating email addrs to get a slew of ID's to regain majority!

Well, if you know so much about football perhaps you should apply for the position.

It's easy being a Monday morning QB. Everyone is an expert after things go wrong.

I already offered the job to that poster, '711employee'
hopefully he is giving it real consideration; but it means giving up his current gig!

well the bros have arrived; the "blow smoke up ya butt" gang.

do most fans realize that there is vested interest in those ID's? motivation?
blind support, read between the posts! this is no shocking revelation - right?

Reactions: football1irish
bille:

Remember, you posted all this to support Weis, remember? deje vu all over again.
Oh yeah, you always pull that one out of your hat. So that makes you better than me.

If you recall so much, then you should recall I said Weis needed to be gone after the 3-9 season.

You've been saying a change needs to be made. Whom are we getting? And be realistic, please.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Oh yeah, you always pull that one out of your hat. So that makes you better than me.

If you recall so much, then you should recall I said Weis needed to be gone after the 3-9 season.

You've been saying a change needs to be made. Whom are we getting? And be realistic, please.

just pointing out that false hope is not really hope at all. ND has probably spent 50 million on HC's since Lou.
From results perspective how was the return? And there are 5 years to go. Solution? Do more of the same of course; certainly we can expect a different result.

It is funny to read some of these post. Some blame the defense,
Others blame The play calling, other blame bad officiating, and others, rightfully, blame Kelly.
BVG is Kelly's man. However, Kelly must also take full responsibility for the piss poor play of the defense.
Kelly's decision making and play calling at critical times
Were head scratchers.
In short, the team is not a well balanced, disciplined team, and that is on Kelly.
Kelly is a decent coach who will keep the Kool Aid Drinkers happy with 8 4 seasons. The rest of us must just grin and go along with the reality of the situation.

Well, if you know so much about football perhaps you should apply for the position.

It's easy being a Monday morning QB. Everyone is an expert after things go wrong.
When is enough, enough? Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The excuse that there is no better coach out there for the reason to keep a coach that keeps on screwing up makes no sense.

I believe in this team every year and predict 12-0 to start every season - ND has the talent to beat every team on their sked. That said, they seem surprised every single game that the other team is going to run and throw the football. The fundamentals on defense is ATROCIOUS!!!

Reactions: Jtrader

dude, this is exactly what these boards are for

this isn't the PRAVDA website of the old CCCP, we are discussing the real and legitimate shortcomings of team in a coaches 7th year who continues to play not to lose in big games and employs one of the biggest buffoons in all of college football as his defensive coordinators.

time to wake up and smell the coffee

Reactions: DublinND
all the fans want is the best for ND's team. By the best it means facilities, education and Coaching.
Those questioning the decisions and results do so because we truly believe that that is not happening.
There is no vendetta and anomosity. We get no paycheck for our wanting better for ND!

We endure the wrath of some, especially those with direct vested interest. We refuse to be censured as long as we stay within the rules.

Reactions: DublinND
It is funny to read some of these post. Some blame the defense,
Others blame The play calling, other blame bad officiating, and others, rightfully, blame Kelly.
BVG is Kelly's man. However, Kelly must also take full responsibility for the piss poor play of the defense.
Kelly's decision making and play calling at critical times
Were head scratchers.
In short, the team is not a well balanced, disciplined team, and that is on Kelly.
Kelly is a decent coach who will keep the Kool Aid Drinkers happy with 8 4 seasons. The rest of us must just grin and go along with the reality of the situation.

Well said. When you are the head coach, you take responsibility for ALL aspects of the program and that includes the BVG led defense.

Yep, crickets from the kool aide crowd. Echo where are thou? Oh genius coach. Tell us that we know nothing since we aren't at practice everyday. 15 minutes of game time tells you that Kizer is the better QB. Watching the pitiful defense for two years tells us that bvg sucks big time and should have been gone after the numerous debacles last year. Same old shitty game day decisions by the "offensive guru" trying to be one of the "big boys" decent but never stellar coach bk. Another mediocre season is well on its way for Mr. Ocho-cuatro

Reactions: NDAyers
I kinda feel sorry for them! in fact we would all have been better off if they had been right and were beating us up!

dude, this is exactly what these boards are for

this isn't the PRAVDA website of the old CCCP, we are discussing the real and legitimate shortcomings of team in a coaches 7th year who continues to play not to lose in big games and employs one of the biggest buffoons in all of college football as his defensive coordinators.

time to wake up and smell the coffee
Then tell me who is the replacement?

Then tell me who is the replacement?

james jacobs head coach of the jimtown jimmies--runs a clean program, simple 4-3 vanilla defense; rarely gets burned by the deep ball and his players know how to tackle

It doesn't matter who the coach is as long as The admin. is content with where the program is, and is heading. And they are. Kelly, while not great, is the least of our concern. It wouldn't matter if Meyer were coaching. The much bigger problem is how the powers that be view football at ND and the emphasis, or lack thereof, they place on championship level football. And what it takes to make that happen.

I kinda feel sorry for them! in fact we would all have been better off if they had been right and were beating us up!
Sadly this is not so... hope springs eternal but when it's a false hope it's cruel indeed.

ok guys, we vented and had our input/say.

suck it up and get behind the kids, they need support now!

all the fans want is the best for ND's team. By the best it means facilities, education and Coaching.
Those questioning the decisions and results do so because we truly believe that that is not happening.
There is no vendetta and anomosity. We get no paycheck for our wanting better for ND!

We endure the wrath of some, especially those with direct vested interest. We refuse to be censured as long as we stay within the rules.

Perse, I think you summed up the frustration of all the FANS. The Kool-Aid gang and the non Kool-Aid gang.

Things go wrong every time Kelly is on in prime time on the road. Good point! Let's just take it in the #$$ forever because you say so.

When is enough, enough? Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The excuse that there is no better coach out there for the reason to keep a coach that keeps on screwing up makes no sense.
Amen!!!!! Well said. Echo and NDSMC can just shut up and run along now.

How about anyone except the idiot running the staff now! You seriously are this stubborn about being wrong on Kelly? Oh wait, sounds familiar.
Typical non sequitur argument is presented by the Kelly sycophants. We'll who do you have whose better.. First you stop digging the hole then step 2 you figure out how to get out of hole. We're at step 1. Deal with that first. The other option is we continue on perhaps for the next 5+ years with the Kelly / Van Gorder regime. I won't sign up or tune in for that...

Kelly flaw is his loyalty to past friends. BVG. Every coach has fans that do not like the calls who cares. This D is awful time to move on.

Typical non sequitur argument is presented by the Kelly sycophants. We'll who do you have whose better.. First you stop digging the hole then step 2 you figure out how to get out of hole. We're at step 1. Deal with that first. The other option is we continue on perhaps for the next 5+ years with the Kelly / Van Gorder regime. I won't sign up or tune in for that...
Kelly flaw is his loyalty to past friends. BVG. Every coach has fans that do not like the calls who cares. This D is awful time to move on.
It's high time to move on. Regrettably there is no sign of that near term or even perhaps long term. ND won in the past with Holtz , Ara et all so that should be enough for ND fans. There is no half life at ND on living on past glory. You may interested to know that a critical play / turning point in yesterday's game was the 4th qtr punt that didn't flip the field following the pathetic 3rd and 12 play call. Which opened the door back to Tejas. Per BK today in his PC. In a game where his D coughed up 50 and could hv been 60. " Houston we have a problem "

That's just it. I am sick of having to be a Monday morning QB with this clown. It has happened way too often. We destroyed this team last year so either Texas is one of the best teams in CFB or ND is regressing. Whether going for 2 up by 11 against Temple to the South Florida debacle, to Northwestern, it never ends. Those are just 3 atrocious examples. There are many more.

I have never seen a coach make more bad decisions than Kelly. Period. It has to end. This guy is a decent coach for teams such Hawaii or Purdue. He has no business at ND.

That's just it. I am sick of having to be a Monday morning QB with this clown. It has happened way too often. We destroyed this team last year so either Texas is one of the best teams in CFB or ND is regressing. Whether going for 2 up by 11 against Temple to the South Florida debacle, to Northwestern, it never ends. Those are just 3 atrocious examples. There are many more.

I have never seen a coach make more bad decisions than Kelly. Period. It has to end. This guy is a decent coach for teams such Hawaii or Purdue. He has no business at ND.
Things have been going wrong too often at critical times over past 6 + yrs to not accept the obvious that BK will not get program over the hump. If we want to get there he's not the man to get ND there . Doesn't take a football genius to see that .

How about anyone except the idiot running the staff now! You seriously are this stubborn about being wrong on Kelly? Oh wait, sounds familiar.
And your statement is so typical of the Kelly haters.

"Get anyone"? Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Change strictly for the sake of change never works.

And your statement is so typical of the Kelly haters.

"Get anyone"? Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it. Change strictly for the sake of change never works.
And continue doing the same thing and expect different results is called what? 134 points given up in last 3 games . Defense is part of game . In order to win football games you have score more points than other by preventing them from scoring more than you. You can't rely on scoring more than 40 in every game in order to win.

bille

your use of Kelly haters has replaced 'Weis haters'
But as you know know it really is about ND. It is not about the individual.
We, like you want only the best for the young men that represent ND.

To take the attitude, "please don't leave me, no one will ever love me again" is to be fear and insecurity based.
Not a great way to function. Better to fail trying than doing nothing

And continue doing the same thing and expect different results is called what? 134 points given up in last 3 games . Defense is part of game . In order to win football games you have score more points than other by preventing them from scoring more than you. You can't rely on scoring more than 40 in every game in order to win.
I never said the defense is great, did I?

If you have read some of my other posts I am not happy with BVG, but I am in the camp of not making any changes after the first game of the season. If he deserved to have been fired it should have been done at the end of last year.

I never said the defense is great, did I?

If you have read some of my other posts I am not happy with BVG, but I am in the camp of not making any changes after the first game of the season. If he deserved to have been fired it should have been done at the end of last year.

you're right on that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT