ADVERTISEMENT

When is enough...enough

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
When does the Camel back break via straw?
When will a slew teams say enough is enough. This entire thing is wrong and we're going our own way. Done with paying for playing.
One team does it then it's suicide.
A group of teams do it then it gets attention.
A bunch of teams do it that makes a difference.

This whole pay to play ordeal has become insanity meets loco meets wild west meets....

Reactions: Chitown11
When will a slew teams say enough is enough. This entire thing is wrong and we're going our own way. Done with paying for playing.

This whole pay to play ordeal has become insanity meets loco meets wild west meets....

So what's your solution ? The courts have ruled. The NCAA dropped the ball on a long simmering issue. There are billions of dollars floating around. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube. It was NEVER intended to get to where we are today. In my opinion revenue sharing is the only rational solution.

"This whole pay to play ordeal has become insanity meets loco meets wild west"

Could not agree with you more! But, as was stated earlier, the toothpaste is not going back in the tube. What was intended to put pocket money in the players pockets quickly escalated to where we are now -- and there are no guardrails to monitor this. The NCAA could have alleviated this a long time ago, but chose not to.

So what's your solution ? The courts have ruled. The NCAA dropped the ball on a long simmering issue. There are billions of dollars floating around. The toothpaste isn't going back into the tube. It was NEVER intended to get to where we are today. In my opinion revenue sharing is the only rational solution.
How do you plan to pull that off?

The premise here is me first and you can bet your ass those who are getting these stupid NIL deals are NOT interested in sharing....anything.
I'm not talking about taking the linemen to Sizzler, but real $haring...
Not going to happen.

This can of worms never should've been opened because now the inmates are, and will, continue running the asylum.

Perhaps another idiot politician like the rep or senator from Hawaii that implemented title IX could help...LOL

The fix...it has to break to fix it.

Break as in break away from the NCAA. Do your own thing and if there's enough teans willing to do that then no problem.
It has to be a bunch of teams willing to give the finger to this nonsense.

How do you plan to pull that off?

The premise here is me first and you can bet your ass those who are getting these stupid NIL deals are NOT interested in sharing....anything.
I'm not talking about taking the linemen to Sizzler, but real $haring...
Not going to happen.

This can of worms never should've been opened because now the inmates are, and will, continue running the asylum.

Perhaps another idiot politician like the rep or senator from Hawaii that implemented title IX could help...LOL

The fix...it has to break to fix it.

Break as in break away from the NCAA. Do your own thing and if there's enough teans willing to do that then no problem.
It has to be a bunch of teams willing to give the finger to this nonsense.
The NCAAs own pigheadedness is the reason. They kept ignoring the issue and weren't willing to enter any sort of discussions that would come to a reasonable compromise regarding student athletes ability to benefit something for their efforts above their " scholarship". Athletes wanted the same opportunities that any other student on full scholarship has. Push came to shove and here we are.

Reactions: NDinNJ

SCOTUS Legitimized NIL, so there’s very little you can do in that area

However, the NCAA can address the gun for hire environment, the transfer portal

The question is, will they ?

I doubt that the NCAA has the intellectual capital to change the game for the better

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT