ADVERTISEMENT

What everyone seems to be missing - especially Freeman

theskibro

I've posted how many times?
Aug 24, 2003
In the aftermath of two of the most unnecessary and embarrassing losses in ND history, there is a baffling amount of analysis on the cause of the ineptitude by a talented team. The 2 most common culprits? 1- Coaching. 2- Execution

Freeman embraces execution. Either he doesn’t want to take the hard line against himself and peers or is just really stupid.

I’m very confident he is stupid. And I really like the guy. Stupid may be a harsh word but there is no way this is about execution.

sure players made mistakes. Pyne - Overthrows n not seeing open man.
Penalties. Other players, well it’s a long list

but good coaching eliminates these things. If coaching does not eliminate them then coaches bench the player. Neither of these has happened. Example A. Marist Luafau. Exhibit B Pyne. Give Angeli a shot.

I have to say I am beyond concerned. Freeman is the problem. I do not like saying that. I want him to succeed big time. But he is lost. He is in over his head. His press conferences are a soft whisper not a confident even keeled tone of a leader.

he is an assistant coach for now who was put in a position by jubilant kids and an AD who should know better based on ND history of first time coaches who fail

At ND, it’s a lesson that should not have to be learned more than once

This is on Jack. Freeman is doing his best and that is not good enough. And to be clear the coaches responsible for this crap show are freeman and Rees. The others are not blameless but the ineptitude is on the offense and the top man.

A smart man, a leader, would make a change asap. Freeman is not that. And Jack has been called the dumbest man in the room by his peers he is not that either

I’m rooting for Tennessee now. They may be nil corrupt or not but it’s good to see them finally having some success.

we will not see any level of success this year or any year until Freeman is gone or grows beyond his kumbaya coaching style

you can’t be a player coach and make tough decisions kumbaya is over rated

Last edited:
Nowhere near the most embarrassing losses in ND history. Not even close.
Ok. What do you know of that is worse? We have not even played a team like Marshall until recently. Stanford has not beat an fbs in over a year. What u got?

Ok. What do you know of that is worse? We have not even played a team like Marshall until recently. Stanford has not beat an fbs in over a year. What u got?
Man how many times do we gotta repeat it- Tulsa UConn USF. Then as far as playing a team line Marshall? What? Toledo Nevada New Mexico. Are you kidding?UMass. Bowling Green.

In the aftermath of two of the most unnecessary and embarrassing losses in ND history, there is a baffling amount of analysis on the cause of the ineptitude by a talented team. The 2 most common culprits? 1- Coaching. 2- Execution

Freeman embraces execution. Either he doesn’t want to take the hard line against himself and peers or is just really stupid.

I’m very confident he is stupid. And I really like the guy. Stupid may be a harsh word but there is no way this is about execution.

but good coaching eliminates these things. If coaching does not eliminate them then coaches bench the player. Neither of these has happened. Example A. Marist Luafau. Exhibit B Pyne. Give Angeli a shot.

I have to say I am beyond concerned. Freeman is the problem. I do not like saying that. I want him to succeed big time. But he is lost. He is in over his head. His press conferences are a soft whisper not a confident even keeled tone of a leader.

he is an assistant coach for now who was put in a position by jubilant kids and an AD who should know better based on ND history of first time coaches who fail

This is on Jack. Freeman is doing his best and that is not good enough. And to be clear the coaches responsible for this crap show are freeman and Rees. The others are not blameless but the ineptitude is on the offense and the top man.

A smart man, a leader, would make a change asap. Freeman is not that. And Jack has been called the dumbest man in the room by his peers he is not that either

I’m rooting for Tennessee now. They may be nil corrupt or not but it’s good to see them finally having some success.

we will not see any level of success this year or any year until Freeman is gone or grows beyond his kumbaya coaching style

Not to worry. They'll be plenty of room on the bandwagon for you and others when the time comes. Just hoping you didn't injure yourself leaping off. Enjoy Knoxville.

Not to worry. They'll be plenty of room on the bandwagon for you and others when the time comes. Just hoping you didn't injure yourself leaping off. Enjoy Knoxville.
Enjoy mediocrity dude. You earned it by blindly following it without suggesting the cause like a true fan does. I want my team to get better. You like to watch crap and keep doing it every game. Big difference between a fan that proposes a remedy and one like you who is quick to accuse others who really care. Go and use the old bandwagon analogy
You probably think we should join a conference and that our country is in great shape

"I’m very confident he is stupid"

you lost me right here! I would bet that Freeman knows much more about football in his early stages of being a HC than you ever will.

"I’m rooting for Tennessee now. They may be nil corrupt or not but it’s good to see them finally having some success"

Later! Enjoy Knoxville -- don't let the door smack you on your dumb ass on the way out!

"I’m very confident he is stupid"

you lost me right here! I would bet that Freeman knows much more about football in his early stages of being a HC than you ever will.

"I’m rooting for Tennessee now. They may be nil corrupt or not but it’s good to see them finally having some success"

Later! Enjoy Knoxville -- don't let the door smack you on your dumb ass on the way out!
Highly doubtful freeman knows much about football be If he did he would recognize it’s not an execution issue. I never claimed to know anything much about football so where did you come up with thinking I did?

I said stupid is a harsh word. It must have scared the crap out of your woke mind

Amen. Unfortunately, the people supporting him will soon be on your side. This almost never ends well.

Man how many times do we gotta repeat it- Tulsa UConn USF. Then as far as playing a team line Marshall? What? Toledo Nevada New Mexico. Are you kidding?UMass. Bowling Green.
Tulsa, UConn and USF were all better teams than 2022 Marshall. That UConn team went 8-5 and won their bowl game. And that Tulsa team went 10-3 and won a bowl, too.

Marshall's probably one of the worst teams we've lost to in a long time.

Reactions: IrishBeer
Tulsa, UConn and USF were all better teams than 2022 Marshall. That UConn team went 8-5 and won their bowl game. And that Tulsa team went 10-3 and won a bowl, too.

AND Marshall might beat Stanford, that's how God awful Stanford is.

Marshall Recruiting

2022 76th
2021 121st
2020 97th
2019 72nd

It must've been that elite 2019 class that did Freeman in. Or maybe it was their amazing transfer portal kids that helped them lose to the likes of Troy 16-7 and Louisiana 23-13.

Last edited:
Losing to any G5 team is pretty embarrassing.
Tulsa and Navy in 2010...Brian Kelly as coach...was he stupid too?

South Florida in 2011...Kelly again...same question

Northwestern (5-7) in 2014...Kelly again...same question

Duke (4-8), N.C. State (6-6), Navy again, all in 2016...Kelly again...same question

Doesn't look look like the current guy is unique, but at least he can argue that he's getting to know the place...what was Kelly's excuse in 2016?

Reactions: NDinNJ
Highly doubtful freeman knows much about football be If he did he would recognize it’s not an execution issue. I never claimed to know anything much about football so where did you come up with thinking I did?

I said stupid is a harsh word. It must have scared the crap out of your woke mind
What the hell is a woke mind?

All Group of 5 teams...going to the Hawaii Bowl ain't exactly an accomplishment

Enjoy mediocrity dude. You earned it by blindly following it without suggesting the cause like a true fan does. I want my team to get better. You like to watch crap and keep doing it every game. Big difference between a fan that proposes a remedy and one like you who is quick to accuse others who really care. Go and use the old bandwagon analogy
You probably think we should join a conference and that our country is in great shape
Like I said they'll be plenty of room on the bandwagon when the contingent of fair weather fans like yourself rush back. Would hate to be in a fox hole with you. First sign of adversity and you high tail it out. Pretty soft.

Reactions: Classic Irish
Proud to watch every game. It's what a true fan does. Certainly not happy on how the season is playing out but I am smart enough to know that tearing it all down every time things don't go well isn't a strategy that pays dividends.

Reactions: Classic Irish

Such a moronic comment

Duke (4-8), N.C. State (6-6), Navy again, all in 2016...Kelly again...same question

Doesn't look look like the current guy is unique, but at least he can argue that he's getting to know the place...what was Kelly's excuse in 2016?
Kelly certainly had some embarrassing losses, too. But from 2017 on, he largely eliminated those.

All Group of 5 teams...going to the Hawaii Bowl ain't exactly an accomplishment
Yeah, but not all G5 teams are equal. E.g., last year Cincinnati was really good. But Marshall's lost to Bowling Green, Troy and Louisiana since they beat us. They're not even very good for a G5 team.

Many on here have very short memories. Kelly was helped by extremely soft schedules the last 5 years. averaging 1 to 2 top 25 teams/year.

Ski…I absolutely hate the way ND is playing this season. I would prefer to see a more take charge persona from Freeman on the field, and I would like to see his coaches held to account during games, and I would prefer to see some adjustments in playing personnel. Hell, I would have preferred Freeman with three years as a HC at a lesser program before being given the reins at ND.

That said, we are terribly inexperienced and lack depth at the critical skill positions, both offense and defense. He inherited a weak and inexperienced QB room, an inexperienced RB room besides Tyree, a pathetically weak and inexperienced receiver room, and the same of our defensive backs. I rationalized a really good season on the silly hope that every one of these players would play to their overhyped potential. My bad, and a formula for tons of disappointment as Freeman is learning on the job, something that should never happen at ND.

Not at all confident he’ll be successful, but also not at all pessimistic. I think he deserves three full seasons running the program before arriving at a conclusion. I expect a bumpy ride, and I just hope we all think it was worth it three years in.

Reactions: theskibro
Yeah, but not all G5 teams are equal. E.g., last year Cincinnati was really good. But Marshall's lost to Bowling Green, Troy and Louisiana since they beat us. They're not even very good for a G5 team.
And I will say, they didn't seem that good when we played them. It's hard to tell sometimes with those things. Who's making who look good or not by comparison when two teams play each other. But even so Marshall did not look like that great of a team. They looked fairly slow and plodding, and just kind of mediocre all around. Every bit befitting their status as a random G5 team of no particular note.

Like I said they'll be plenty of room on the bandwagon when the contingent of fair weather fans like yourself rush back. Would hate to be in a fox hole with you. First sign of adversity and you high tail it out. Pretty soft.
Like I said, you don’t seem to be able to handle a true fan who is disgusted with ineptness. You immediately throw the “bandwagon card”. You can offer remedies for the ineptness on this board and guess what? That means you care. You however are the one in a foxhole peeing your pants

I will always watch my team. Never said I would not Tennessee will be fun to watch while we are stuck in a morass of do nothings like you, freeman and Jack

Reactions: Notre Dame du Lac
Like I said, you don’t seem to be able to handle a true fan who is disgusted with ineptness. You immediately throw the “bandwagon card”. You can offer remedies for the ineptness on this board and guess what? That means you care. You however are the one in a foxhole peeing your pants

I will always watch my team. Never said I would not Tennessee will be fun to watch while we are stuck in a morass of do nothings like you, freeman and Jack
You're softer than Ultra Charmin.

I can't understand how we can't find a middle ground between sunshine pumping and chicken little. Much of this board is one or the other.

Hmm after reading your original post.. you actually do claim to know more than MF about football! Funny thing... 2 years from now when this team is humming along where will you be... oh yea, I knew it all along ... MF just needed a little time! LOL.... As for me, I do know a lot about football... MF will succeed at ND! The defense will stay strong and the offense will be outstanding! He is recruiting down a different isle than BK!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT