ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Depth Chart Released

Coogan beat out Schrauth
Roccco beat out Kristofic

Angeli beat out Minchey
Greathouse and Rico in the 2-deep
Staes in the 2-deep
Bowen, Sneed, Ausberry in 2-deep. How long before they are able to really get on the field to make an impact?
"Angeli beat out Minchey...."

And frankly, why be surprised.

End of story.

Reactions: NDinNJ
He's actually not wrong. Angeli is the number 2 and will come into the game if Hartman goes down

But, if the season is shot and there's a few games left, I could definitely see them going with the guy who they think is more talented and is the future QB.

If they think that is Minchey, even if hes not quite as ready right now, I could easily see them putting him in

I’m getting deep in the weeds here with a hypothetical:

Let’s assume Hartman stays healthy and has a great year. ND wins 10 or maybe 11 games. Neither Angeli nor Minchey take a snap that means anything.

Do you think we head into NEXT season with Steve, Kenny, and Carr, battling it out? Or do they find a grad transfer again?
[/QUOTE]
I don't think we reach out again for a transfer QB next year. There is enough talent there and you would tork off the room if you bring in someone again.

Let’s assume Hartman stays healthy and has a great year. ND wins 10 or maybe 11 games. Neither Angeli nor Minchey take a snap that means anything.

Do you think we head into NEXT season with Steve, Kenny, and Carr, battling it out? Or do they find a grad transfer again?
I don't think we reach out again for a transfer QB next year. There is enough talent there and you would tork off the room if you bring in someone again.
[/QUOTE]
Way too much thinking.

Just Beat Navy.

He's actually not wrong. Angeli is the number 2 and will come into the game if Hartman goes down

But, if the season is shot and there's a few games left, I could definitely see them going with the guy who they think is more talented and is the future QB.

If they think that is Minchey, even if hes not quite as ready right now, I could easily see them putting him in

[/QUOTE]
Seems kind of weird to be talking about next year when we’re two days away from starting this season. We Need Coogan and Rocco to play at a high level, and if that happens consistently, we should have a very entertaining high scoring offense. And Hartman will thrive. If they struggle and allow pressure up the middle, then Hartman will have to extend plays with his legs and be more susceptible to injury, which would get Angeli on the field. My hope is for the former and for Freeman to get Angeli on the field with comfortable leads, but with the goal Of ADDING points, so as to give Angeli meaningful game experience. Angeli won the #2 spot, and we need him as prepared as possible to take over the offense at a moments notice.

We are finally positioned to have three quality QBs fighting for the starting position next year, with Angeli having the advantage given his #2 status and reports coming out of Spring and fall practices. By all reports, we finally have a QB coach whose sole responsibility is the development of our QBs, and I think we need to show the elite high school QBs that we can and Will develop this position. Personally, I ride with these three and Don’t even sniff the transfer portal.

Someone messed up the “quotes” and “replies” in this thread.

It’s gotten out of control. Mod- please kill it.

I take credit for starting the most F’d up thread we’ve ever had.

Again, you should read what you posted. You never mentioned the depth chart changing.

"It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli"

Any bystander reading this would think you aren't knowledgeable in football. Coaches don't play someone simply based on the teams record. They play the best players that give the team a chance to win based on the depth chart. Where in your statement above did you mention the player
No question Angelli is relieving SH early in the season but You’re ignoring the fact that the depth chart might not look the same in November as it does today. Where we’re Joe Alt and Ben Mo to start the season as true freshman?? It would make 0 sense for the coaching staff to roll out Angelli late in a lost season if they feel Minchey is their guy in 2024.

No question Angelli is relieving SH early in the season but You’re ignoring the fact that the depth chart might not look the same in November as it does today. Where we’re Joe Alt and Ben Mo to start the season as true freshman?? It would make 0 sense for the coaching staff to roll out Angelli late in a lost season if they feel Minchey is their guy in 2024.
Unless you want to win a game.

Way too much thinking.

Just Beat Navy.
[/QUOTE]
Again...people on message boards have no impact on the team they follow. 🙄

Reactions: NDinNJ
A couple of observations the dline got a lot bigger than last year. True freshman litter the two deep more than ever even though that could change at anytime. It makes you wonder on what happened in previous years. Sneed will get starter minutes because of his versatility. Jardian Price ran almost 22 mph, yet squats 510 lbs FREAK. Big year a head of him

Reactions: IrishMike409
A couple of observations the dline got a lot bigger than last year. True freshman litter the two deep more than ever even though that could change at anytime. It makes you wonder on what happened in previous years. Sneed will get starter minutes because of his versatility. Jardian Price ran almost 22 mph, yet squats 510 lbs FREAK. Big year a head of him
Boom! Thanks for posting. Needed that to get on track here.

Why hasn’t Tyson Ford earned a spot in the 2-deep?

I didn’t know he squats 510! I put 315 on the bar it feels like my nutsack is going to explode.

510! At 19 years old, coming off injury…..pretty incredible.

Reactions: Pennick4
Same for you, the must get to 7-8 wins in a lost season thought process is whack. Get your future guy in there asap.
lol, you are a tool and know nothing about football. A coach doesn't play individuals based on record, they put the best player at each position on the field regardless of record.

You say if Hartman is injured and ND is 3-5, play Minchey (QB3) over QB2 to get him experience for 2024. A couple of things wrong with this.

1. You are playing someone who hasn't earned playing time over someone who has.

2. At 3-5 with 4 to play, a coach is thinking the team needs to win at least 3 of the next 4 to finish the season strong and become bowl eligible, so they can have those additional practices that they desperately need.

You would just throw a third string QB in there, piss off the 2nd string QB who at that point would most likely transfer.

Again, hope you aren't a coach anywhere because you don't have the skill set to be a coach.

lol, you are a tool and know nothing about football. A coach doesn't play individuals based on record, they put the best player at each position on the field regardless of record.

You say if Hartman is injured and ND is 3-5, play Minchey (QB3) over QB2 to get him experience for 2024. A couple of things wrong with this.

1. You are playing someone who hasn't earned playing time over someone who has.

2. At 3-5 with 4 to play, a coach is thinking the team needs to win at least 3 of the next 4 to finish the season strong and become bowl eligible, so they can have those additional practices that they desperately need.

You would just throw a third string QB in there, piss off the 2nd string QB who at that point would most likely transfer.

Again, hope you aren't a coach anywhere because you don't have the skill set to be a coach.
Hahaha

Can you explain to me how Ben Morrison and Joe Alt both weren’t first on the first depth chart as true freshman but earned their way to the top? The depth chart is fluid my man, especially before the season kicks off.

Hahaha

Can you explain to me how Ben Morrison and Joe Alt both weren’t first on the first depth chart as true freshman but earned their way to the top? The depth chart is fluid my man, especially before the season kicks off.
Again, and this is the last time I'm repeating this, because you clearly don't understand what you wrote. Your original comment mentioned nothing about the depth chart, all it said was, if Hartman gets injured and ND is 3-5 after 8 games, play Minchey, if ND is 8-1 play Angeli. If Angeli is still QB2 at the time of the Hartman injury he plays regardless of record. If he remains ahead of Minchey, Angeli plays regardless of record. The staff isn't going to put Minchey in, in the hopes that he'll eventually get better and pass Angeli on the depth chart, only a fool like you would do that.

I can't help that you can't comprehend what you wrote. You need to learn how to write or comprehend what you write.

Again, and this is the last time I'm repeating this, because you clearly don't understand what you wrote. Your original comment mentioned nothing about the depth chart, all it said was, if Hartman gets injured and ND is 3-5 after 8 games, play Minchey, if ND is 8-1 play Angeli. If Angeli is still QB2 at the time of the Hartman injury he plays regardless of record. If he remains ahead of Minchey, Angeli plays regardless of record. The staff isn't going to put Minchey in, in the hopes that he'll eventually get better and pass Angeli on the depth chart, only a fool like you would do that.

I can't help that you can't comprehend what you wrote. You need to learn how to write or comprehend what you write.
If they feel Minchey has more talent and the guy for next year, they should play him in that situation.

Season is lost, play the guy that you think has higher potential and get him ready for next year

Reactions: bizzybecknd
If they feel Minchey has more talent and the guy for next year, they should play him in that situation.

Season is lost, play the guy that you think has higher potential and get him ready for next year
You aren't bright. Coaches base the depth chart on results not feelings. What they do in practice. If he' doesn't overtake Angeli on the depth chart, he's not playing regardless of the record.
So you are ok with the guy with just the potential to be better should start over the guy that's consistently played better and shown he's better? Yea ok. Glad you aren't the coach and Id feel sorry for any team you would coach.

I hope you aren't a business owner either because I feel sorry for your employees if that's the take you have.
Revenues down, let's sit our proven sales guy with a guy that has potential to crush it, but hasn't shown it yet. 😂 Can't make this shit up. lmao 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennick4
lol. Glad you aren't coaching ND.
You aren't bright. Coaches base the depth chart on results not feelings. What they do in practice. If he' doesn't overtake Angeli on the depth chart, he's not playing regardless of the record.
So you are ok with the guy with just the potential to be better should start over the guy that's consistently played better and shown he's better? Yea ok. Glad you aren't the coach and Id feel sorry for any team you would coach.

I hope you aren't a business owner either because I feel sorry for your employees if that's the take you have.
Revenues down, let's sit our proven sales guy with a guy that has potential to crush it, but hasn't shown it yet. 😂 Can't make this shit up. lmao 🤣
I acknowledged Minchey wouldn’t be the #2 early in the season, hence the caveat of circumstances and timing. You have yet to pick up that depth charts are fluid and 8 games into the season, things might change, players develop. Here’s a quote from the Goat Saban that may help you pick up how coaches think and explain why Alt and Morrison didn’t stay put at their original position on the depth chart

We're going one day at a time," Saban said. "We're repping the players. And regardless of what happens in this game ... just because whoever starts in the first game that doesn't mean that you don't have to continue to compete and play throughout the season because the competition doesn't end like the first game at any position, including quarterback."

Proven? You just call Angelli proven?? Haha how many sales has he made?

Proven? You just call Angelli proven?? Haha how many sales has he made?
He's clearly more proven than Minchey at this point. He's listed as QB2, Minchey is QB3. You clearly don't understand analogies either. Scary to think you are getting through life.

I acknowledged Minchey wouldn’t be the #2 early in the season, hence the caveat of circumstances and timing. You have yet to pick up that depth charts are fluid and 8 games into the season, things might change, players develop. Here’s a quote from the Goat Saban that may help you pick up how coaches think and explain why Alt and Morrison didn’t stay put at their original position on the depth chart

We're going one day at a time," Saban said. "We're repping the players. And regardless of what happens in this game ... just because whoever starts in the first game that doesn't mean that you don't have to continue to compete and play throughout the season because the competition doesn't end like the first game at any position, including quarterback."
Wow you really are dumb. I'm trying not to resort to name calling but you are truly dumb. Your original comment didn't mention depth charts. Of course depth charts plate fluid, but your original comment didn't state that at all but rather play the younger guy with more potential over the guy who's already proven ben it in practice and in the field. I've explained it numerous times, I can't help that you are too dumb to understand your original comment which was based on record only and play one over the other, not based on who's better, but who has more potential regardless of whether they've shown it in practice or on the field. 😂 how do you get through life man. seriously, how do you get through life.

Yes. If the season is over I always prefer to play the young guys at as many positions as you possibly can. I know a lot of coaches that do this as well

And at QB, if I think Minchey has more talent Im playing him to get him ready for next year.

Pretty simple. Pretty normal. Not very complicated

This seems personal to you. Did one of your pee wee coaches do this to you??

Yes. If the season is over I always prefer to play the young guys at as many positions as you possibly can. I know a lot of coaches that do this as well

And at QB, if I think Minchey has more talent Im playing him to get him ready for next year.

Haha poor guy is losing his composure. It’s PatIrish in lower case.

Lol, you are clueless. You make it seem like Angeli is a 5th year sr. He's young too and if he's showing that he's better in practice, which he clearly has at this point, you play him based on his continued growth and development.
You are basing who should start based on who has more talent alone. That's dumb, because there have been countless players that had more talent but yet never panned out for whatever reason. At ND alone Golson had more talent than Rees. Crist had more talent than Rees. Jurkovec had more talent than Book, I could go on and on. This is why teams hold practice, to evaluate who's doing what they should be doing to earn their right to play on Saturday. You are complete moron if you think the coaches would do anything other than play the best person at any given position. And no it's not personal, you and the other one are complete idiots with your thought process.

Lol, you are clueless. You make it seem like Angeli is a 5th year sr. He's young too and if he's showing that he's better in practice, which he clearly has at this point, you play him based on his continued growth and development.
You are basing who should start based on who has more talent alone. That's dumb, because there have been countless players that had more talent but yet never panned out for whatever reason. At ND alone Golson had more talent than Rees. Crist had more talent than Rees. Jurkovec had more talent than Book, I could go on and on. This is why teams hold practice, to evaluate who's doing what they should be doing to earn their right to play on Saturday. You are complete moron if you think the coaches would do anything other than play the best person at any given position. And no it's not personal, you and the other one are complete idiots with your thought process.
And Golson started as a rs frosh because he was more talented

Crist started over Rees too until he was too bad to play

Wimbush was more talented than Book so he kept playing until he was performing too poorly

Thats just how it goes. You play the more talented guy

So if we are 3 and 7 are you playing Braylon James at wr or Matt Salerno? Of course you are playing Braylon James. The season is over. He's a key player next year. You play the talented guy and let him get his lumps

Happens all the time

It was pee wee man, let it go

And Golson started as a rs frosh because he was more talented

Crist started over Rees too until he was too bad to play

Wimbush was more talented than Book so he kept playing until he was performing too poorly

Thats just how it goes. You play the more talented guy

So if we are 3 and 7 are you playing Braylon James at wr or Matt Salerno? Of course you are playing Braylon James. The season is over. He's a key player next year. You play the talented guy and let him get his lumps

Happens all the time

It was pee wee man, let it go
Yes because they earned those spots via practice. Minchey is QB3. When he leaps over Angeli, then you can talk about him coming in if the team is 3-5 or 8-1 if Hartman gets injured. You guys are really dense. For the last time, Freeman isn't going to start a QB3 over a QB2 regardless of record no matter what Minchey's potential is, it just doesn't work that way unless QB2 shits the bed on the field the way Crist did, hence he was pulled for Rees. You guys are complete dummies. holy crap, the stupidity from you and the other is truly remarkable.

Yes because they earned those spots via practice. Minchey is QB3. When he leaps over Angeli, then you can talk about him coming in if the team is 3-5 or 8-1 if Hartman gets injured. You guys are really dense. For the last time, Freeman isn't going to start a QB3 over a QB2 regardless of record no matter what Minchey's potential is, it just doesn't work that way unless QB2 shits the bed on the field the way Crist did, hence he was pulled for Rees. You guys are complete dummies. holy crap, the stupidity from you and the other is truly remarkable.
Riighhttt.... it's everyone else

Stop blaming your pee wee coach

Let it go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT