ADVERTISEMENT

Week 1 Depth Chart Released

I agree with you, but looking at depth chart Sneed is rover behind Kiser. They have Liufau playing weak side with Ausberry behind him. I don't think Kiser or Liufau should be starting.
Kiser will play all 3 LB spots depending on situation

Reactions: Kelso86
Here we go, another blow hard with the usual drivel "are you a coach, how many practices have you been to, you think you know more than the coaches, blah blah blah blah. I have an opinion, Ive watched Kiser play every fricking game. He doesn't deserve to start, I don't give a rats ass what you think. Its MY OPINION
That's your opinion, but are you saying you know better than the coaching staff that has seen Kiser not only "play every fricking game", but every single practice and scrimmage. Not to mention every possible angle on all the film of every game. Add in the same information above on Sneed. Maybe, just maybe Kiser is playing better, or Sneed doesn't have a full grasp of the playbook yet. So yea you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else on this forum, doesn't mean your opinion is correct.

That's your opinion, but are you saying you know better than the coaching staff that has seen Kiser not only "play every fricking game", but every single practice and scrimmage. Not to mention every possible angle on all the film of every game. Add in the same information above on Sneed. Maybe, just maybe Kiser is playing better, or Sneed doesn't have a full grasp of the playbook yet. So yea you are entitled to your opinion like everyone else on this forum, doesn't mean your opinion is correct.
We will see, if given the opportunity Sneed should lead all LBs in tackles/sacks. Kiser/Liufau/Martini/Drew White/joe Schmitt all in same boat. Guys that played way too much, all average at best.

Last edited:
Kiser will play all 3 LB spots depending on situation
Isn't that wonderful. I can't believe these younger guys can't beat these guys out. I don't think the Alabamas/Ohio States/Georgias of the world are playing "safe guys with lesser talent". Why is it that all these elite schools have no problem playing freshman/sophomores. Seems ND coaches always play the older guys with less talent because they are "safe" picks

Last edited:
Isn't that wonderful. I can't believe these younger guys can't beat these guys out. I don't think the Alabamas/Ohio States/Georgias of the world are playing "safe guys with lesser talent".
It is indeed wonderful. If the coaching staff believes Jack Kiser allows this team the best chance to win, then great.

• Haha
It is indeed wonderful. If the coaching staff believes Jack Kiser allows this team the best chance to win, then great.
If thats the case ND is in big trouble. Why is it that all these elite schools have no problem playing freshman/sophomores. Seems ND coaches always play the older guys with less talent because they are "safe" picks

Again, if this team is 3-5 it won't matter who starts the rest of the year because Freeman is a dead man walking. pick up on it.
You’re missing the point entirely, replace 3-5 with 4-4, 5-3, he’ll even 6-2. The point is, if the injury happens later in the season, Minchey has 2-3 more months prep time combined with how the season pans out (2 losses likely won’t be enough to get into the CFP), the season could be deemed a loss and you play the younger guy. Not to mention, preserving eligibility if it’s 4 games or less.

Pick up on it yet or still stuck on 3-5?

If given the opportunity, Sneed should lead the LBs in tackles/sacks. Time will tell, hopefully that should shut your arrogant ass up by end of year. You know, kind of how you ate crow when you yapped about what a great hire BVG was. Talk about clueless.....
Once a dummy ,always a dummy. Stop the star gazing. When the kid knows his assignments...maybe he will play. Stick to pickleball analysis.

If thats the case ND is in big trouble. Why is it that all these elite schools have no problem playing freshman/sophomores. Seems ND coaches always play the older guys with less talent because they are "safe" picks
Linebacker is more than just tackling the ball carrier and getting sacks. Take Liufau for example. He gets a lot of flack because statistically he doesn’t get the sacks and tackles. Liufau is physical and has no regard for his own body, which is useful. When you actually see how he is strategically utilized with run fits, he gets to positions to take on blockers to allow others to make the tackles quite often. If tackle assists were a measured statistic, he would be knocking it out of the park.

[/QUOTE]
You’re missing the point entirely, replace 3-5 with 4-4, 5-3, he’ll even 6-2. The point is, if the injury happens later in the season, Minchey has 2-3 more months prep time combined with how the season pans out (2 losses likely won’t be enough to get into the CFP), the season could be deemed a loss and you play the younger guy. Not to mention, preserving eligibility if it’s 4 games or less.

Pick up on it yet or still stuck on 3-5?
Angeli starts. No way is Freeman going to risk his tenure on a freshman QB unless Angeli completely shits the bed. Angeli was probably better than Pyne last year and he didn't sniff the field. The reality is an inferior QB in Pyne won 8 games with this team, Angeli is a better QB at this point. Carr, who is considered elite won't start as a freshman and you expect Minchey to just walk in and play? lol

pick up on it yet? or are you still stuck on a true freshman QB

Last edited:
Reactions: DieHard_Irish
Next year there will be a healthy 3 man competition to start if we dont bring in a transfer.

I wouldnt be surprised to see multiple qbs start at some point next year

Reactions: NDinNJ
Angeli starts. No way is Freeman going to risk his tenure on a freshman QB unless Angeli completely shits the bed. Angeli was probably better than Pyne last year and he didn't sniff the field. The reality is an inferior QB in Pyne won 8 games with this team, Angeli is a better QB at this point. Carr, who is considered elite won't start as a freshman and you expect Minchey to just walk in and play? lol

[/QUOTE]
If the season is lost aka no playoffs with 3 games remaining and the coaching staff thinks Minchey is the future/higher ceiling, they would be fools not play him.

What’s laughable is you think MF is at risk of losing his job in year 2.

If the season is lost aka no playoffs with 3 games remaining and the coaching staff thinks Minchey is the future/higher ceiling, they would be fools not play him.

[/QUOTE]
Your boy didn’t sniff the field behind Pine and Buchner- never considered as #2. Solidly 3rd, all ya need to know.

[/QUOTE]
Not happening period. you are wrong. The season was lost last season in week 3 and Angeli didn't sniff the field. 😂 It's laughable that you think ND would start Minchey at any point in the season unless both Hartman and Angeli were injured.

Why are you saying he should start over Kiser and not Liufau?

If you actually watched every game you'd know that Liufau was much worse than Kiser last year
Liafau was great at blitzing and getting picked up 99% of the time. My biggest disappointment on D last year.

Reactions: mmca

Not happening period. you are wrong. The season was lost last season in week 3 and Angeli didn't sniff the field. 😂 It's laughable that you think ND would start Minchey at any point in the season unless both Hartman and Angeli were injured.
[/QUOTE]
Haha exactly. If they thought Angelli was the future, he would have played. Poor guy couldn’t beat out Bamas 3rd string and ASU’s back up. MF couldn’t afford to go 1-11 with Angelli starting when he was aware that wasn’t the future.

Haha exactly. If they thought Angelli was the future, he would have played. Poor guy couldn’t beat out Bamas 3rd string and ASU’s back up. MF couldn’t afford to go 1-11 with Angelli starting when he was aware that wasn’t the future.
[/QUOTE]
Haha exactly! You just proved my point!! 😂 If Minchey couldn't beat out Angeli for the 2 spot, who in turn Angeli couldn't beat out Bama's 3rd string, and ASU's backup, last season, what does that tell you about Minchey? He's not ready!

Haha exactly! You just proved my point!! 😂 If Minchey couldn't beat out Angeli for the 2 spot, who in turn Angeli couldn't beat out Bama's 3rd string, and ASU's backup, last season, what does that tell you about Minchey? He's not ready!
[/QUOTE]
Didn’t say he was ready now, said there may be certain circumstances late in the season where we could see Minchey as the first guy in.

Didn’t say he was ready now, said there may be certain circumstances late in the season where we could see Minchey as the first guy in.
[/QUOTE]
Wrong.

Wrong.
[/QUOTE]
He's actually not wrong. Angeli is the number 2 and will come into the game if Hartman goes down

But, if the season is shot and there's a few games left, I could definitely see them going with the guy who they think is more talented and is the future QB.

If they think that is Minchey, even if hes not quite as ready right now, I could easily see them putting him in

Reactions: bizzybecknd
He's actually not wrong. Angeli is the number 2 and will come into the game if Hartman goes down

But, if the season is shot and there's a few games left, I could definitely see them going with the guy who they think is more talented and is the future QB.

If they think that is Minchey, even if hes not quite as ready right now, I could easily see them putting him in
[/QUOTE]
Yep, if MF thinks Minchey is the guy in 2024, would be foolish not to give him the experience and snaps in a wasted season.

[/QUOTE]

I’m getting deep in the weeds here with a hypothetical:

Let’s assume Hartman stays healthy and has a great year. ND wins 10 or maybe 11 games. Neither Angeli nor Minchey take a snap that means anything.

Do you think we head into NEXT season with Steve, Kenny, and Carr, battling it out? Or do they find a grad transfer again?

I’m getting deep in the weeds here with a hypothetical:

Let’s assume Hartman stays healthy and has a great year. ND wins 10 or maybe 11 games. Neither Angeli nor Minchey take a snap that means anything.

Do you think we head into NEXT season with Steve, Kenny, and Carr, battling it out? Or do they find a grad transfer again?
[/QUOTE]
If they can find a transfer that is elite or close to elite level, you take the transfer.

If you cant find that guy, you let the 3 battle it out

Reactions: IrishMike409

[/QUOTE]
If they think,, who they think. You are wrong. These are all hypotheticals. I deal with FACTS. The FACT is Pyne was #2 last season and TB went down, and they rode with Pyne to the finish line despite his limitations.

This won't change if Hartman goes down unless Angeli shits the bed. If Angeli is serviceable they will use him to the end period.

This is no different than those that believe Sneed should be playing over Kiser. This is all based on personal opinions none of you know jack as it pertains to what the staff is really thinking.

If they think,, who they think. You are wrong. These are all hypotheticals. I deal with FACTS. The FACT is Pyne was #2 last season and TB went down, and they rode with Pyne to the finish line despite his limitations.

This won't change if Hartman goes down unless Angeli shits the bed. If Angeli is serviceable they will use him to the end period.

This is no different than those that believe Sneed should be playing over Kiser. This is all based on personal opinions none of you know jack as it pertains to what the staff is really thinking.
[/QUOTE]
That's your opinion. Cool

I dont agree with it.

And if you think depth charts don't change throughout 13 weeks you dont really know much about football

Can Angeli get those starts at the end of the year, sure. Can Minchey get them if they feel he is more talented and more the future, sure.

I think Minchey has more talent than Steve. And if the season is shot by the end of the year, I think they would play the guy who is more talented to prepare for the future

Reactions: bizzybecknd

I dont agree with it.

And if you think depth charts don't change throughout 13 weeks you dont really know much about football

Can Angeli get those starts at the end of the year, sure. Can Minchey get them if they feel he is more talented and more the future, sure.

I think Minchey has more talent than Steve. And if the season is shot by the end of the year, I think they would play the guy who is more talented to prepare for the future
[/QUOTE]
of course depth charts change, but the original comment from bizzybecknd, I responded to was:
"It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli"

But then he decided to move the goal posts and change his original comment to something else.

So I'll ask you, if Minchey was more talented after 8-9 games, you play Angeli at 8-1 and Minchey at 3-5? This comment makes ZERO sense and shows the lack of football knowledge on his part. If Minchey is playing better at that point in the season he plays regardless of the record. If Angeli is the better option, then Angeli plays. The staff isn't going to go with a guy that's not ready over someone that's ready regardless of the win-loss record other than mop up duty.

Last edited:

I dont agree with it.

[/QUOTE]
The fact is that the current depth chart IS ”THE” depth chart.

The depth chart is NOT what you think the depth chart will be at some point in the future.

Deal in reality not in hypothetical projections from your perspective !

Reactions: NDinNJ
Haha the whole board is based on hypotheticals: recruiting, Oh St, Clemson, go on and on. The REALITY is the facts of today will not be the facts 3 months from now.. in life and especially football. Injuries will happen, players will rise. I ask, Did Ben Morrison appear on top of the depth chart against Oh St in 2022? How about Joe Alt as a true freshman?

I dont agree with it.

of course depth charts change, but the original comment from bizzybecknd, I responded to was:
"It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli"

But then he decided to move the goal posts and change his original comment to something else.

So I'll ask you, if Minchey was more talented after 8-9 games, you play Angeli at 8-1 and Minchey at 3-5? This comment makes ZERO sense and shows the lack of football knowledge on his part. If Minchey is playing better at that point in the season he plays regardless of the record. If Angeli is the better option, then Angeli plays. The staff isn't going to go with a guy that's not ready over someone that's ready regardless of the win-loss record other than mop up duty.
[/QUOTE]
Was Alt not more talented than Carmody who started over him?

Last edited:
It would all depend on the circumstances for Hartmans injury (record, time of year).. If ND is 3-5, you play Minchey..If ND is 9-1, it’s Angelli
Original post, no goal posts moved. I just had to spell it out it for ya so ya picked it up.

2024 is a completely different scenario. Right now 2023 Angeli is QB2. The idiotic post that if Hartman gets injured that Minchey is really the #2, but he's listed as 3 because he's a freshman is assinine.
You agree that 2024 is a different story.. so if 2023 is a lost season and Hartman goes down, you as the coach don’t give your future starter valuable snaps? Unreal mindset

You agree that 2024 is a different story.. so if 2023 is a lost season and Hartman goes down, you as the coach don’t give your future starter valuable snaps? Unreal mindset
You play to win now, period. You don't play a currently lesser QB to prepare for 2024.

You play to win now, period. You don't play a currently lesser QB to prepare for 2024.
You act like the depth chart today is cemented? If that was the case, our two all Americans Alt and Ben Mo would have never gotten a chance. Every consider players progress and fall camp doesn’t tell all? Why do you think your boy Nicky Saban plans on playing multiple QBs to start the season? Cause even the greatest don’t know how they will show come game time.

I dont agree with it.

[/QUOTE]
Happens all the time

Happens all the time
[/QUOTE]
Really? Lol, show me where it happens all the time, where a QB3 starts over a QB2 late in the season where the game isn't out of hand or the QB2 isn't injured. Not where the QB3 has become QB2 on the depth chart, and not just one example I need multiple examples since it happens all the time.

I'm beginning to see where Pat is right about you. You aren't very bright.

Happens all the time
Really? Lol, show me where it happens all the time, where a QB3 starts over a QB2 late in the season where the game isn't out of hand or the QB2 isn't injured. Not where the QB3 has become QB2 on the depth chart, and not just one example I need multiple examples since it happens all the time.

I'm beginning to see where Pat is right about you. You aren't very bright.
[/QUOTE]
I GET IT NOW !!!!

YOU ARE PAT. PAT IS YOU !!

HAHAHA

YOU'VE BEEN ON HIS D**K AND STICKING UP FOR HIS NONSENSE FOR AWHILE NOW. EVEN WHEN HIS POINTS ARE ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS AND POINTLESS !!!

HAHAHA NOW I GET IT

• Haha
Reactions: mmca and NDinNJ
You act like the depth chart today is cemented? If that was the case, our two all Americans Alt and Ben Mo would have never gotten a chance. Every consider players progress and fall camp doesn’t tell all? Why do you think your boy Nicky Saban plans on playing multiple QBs to start the season? Cause even the greatest don’t know how they will show come game time.
Again, you should read what you posted. You never mentioned the depth chart changing.

Any bystander reading this would think you aren't knowledgeable in football. Coaches don't play someone simply based on the teams record. They play the best players that give the team a chance to win based on the depth chart. Where in your statement above did you mention the player

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT