ADVERTISEMENT

Weather this weekend

Dress warm. 40 degrees with rain and snow..windy. I suggest warm boots...gloves, a good jacket with a hood and a toque as we like to say in Canada.
Maybe a clear plastic bag with a blanket....last game with the wooden benches.

Enjoy! I suggest if you are not tailgating and dressed for it to grab a table early at O'Rourke's across the street at Eddy Street Commons...watch the early game while enjoying some warm salt laden hearty food and a couple of Guinness before walking over.

Reactions: Kelso86

I sat in the north end zone upper deck for the Stanford game, where they have already changed the benches. Major improvement. Standing on those wooden benches as a student was cool. Sitting on them as an alum has not been. I won't miss them.

Last edited:
Reactions: end_23
I sat in the north end zone upper deck for the Stanford game, where they have already changed the benches. Major improvement. Standing on those wooden benches as a student was cool. Sitting on them as an alum has not been. I won't miss them.
I was there! I actually sat the first half on the new bleachers in a row that was missing a couple of people at the 20 yard line by the Stanford fans. I then moved down for an exciting second half to the 25-30 yard line, first row golds. I was actually three rows in front of Joe Schmidt. It was so exciting all I got was zero points and some guy yelling at the Stanford kicker all day!

I was there! I actually sat the first half on the new bleachers in a row that was missing a couple of people at the 20 yard line by the Stanford fans. I then moved down for an exciting second half to the 25-30 yard line, first row golds. I was actually three rows in front of Joe Schmidt. It was so exciting all I got was zero points and some guy yelling at the Stanford kicker all day!
The second half of the Stanford game was my nadir for watching ND football in person. And I was at the BCSCG and the 2008 Syracuse game!!!

The second half of the Stanford game was my nadir for watching ND football in person. And I was at the BCSCG and the 2008 Syracuse game!!!

1998 Michigan St. at East Lansing. Down 42-3 at the half. Ugh!

It will be fine. We are all grown men and 40s with showers and flurries is no biggie. I'm not tailgating but will be on campus around 8 AM. I can't believe it's the last home game already. It's going to be a fun day.

NDSMC78. I was at that game also. Knew when MSU's DB walked on the field after his paralysis ND was in for a long evening. Long drive back to Traverse City. Ugh.

Reactions: end_23
I attended the 1998 game at Michigan State and the 2008 Syracuse game as well. Those were horrendous. I also attended the 2003 game at Syracuse---what a pathetic display that was.

Dress warm. 40 degrees with rain and snow..windy. I suggest warm boots...gloves, a good jacket with a hood and a toque as we like to say in Canada.

Enjoy! I suggest if you are not tailgating and dressed for it to grab a table early at O'Rourke's across the street at Eddy Street Commons...watch the early game while enjoying some warm salt laden hearty food and a couple of Guinness before walking over.
This will be the first/only real "football weather" game this year due the exceptional late arrival of this sort of climate. Yea! Very good advice on dressing warmly especially if the wind is up as much as forecasted. One other note. IMHO what makes this game special each year is the pregame tribute/send off to the seniors who so richly deserve it. Be sure to be in the stadium for it, even if it means missing a couple of minutes of tailgating or hanging out in a warm place.

Reactions: 1Redrum
You guys act like it's going to be Antarctic temps. Low 40s. Light showers and snow flurries. We have to be told how to dress for this kind of November weather in South Bend? Saturday will be a piece of cake compared to a few other games over the years.

You guys act like it's going to be Antarctic temps. Low 40s. Light showers and snow flurries. We have to be told how to dress for this kind of November weather in South Bend? Saturday will be a piece of cake compared to a few other games over the years.
Love this kind of football weather.

Especially when I'm watching from home. Saw ND play bama I think it was 1976. Had to brush the snow off my seat. Was my first game at ND. I ended up surrounded by bama fans and they could not have been nicer. I got home hit my bed and did not wake up until Sunday morning.

If we are to believe accuweather, they are saying dry and high 30s for the game with showers and flurries in the AM until Noonish. That's if you can believe accuweather.

If we are to believe accuweather, they are saying dry and high 30s for the game with showers and flurries in the AM until Noonish. That's if you can believe accuweather.
That's rather balmy for South Bend this time of year!

accuweather, as of 5 minutes ago, says a flurry or two is possible with a high of 39. Sounds good to me. Far different than what was predicted earlier in the week. Again, this is accuweather so I'm not sure how reliable or accurate they actually are.

So what you're telling me is Kelly is going to pass the ball 40 times vs. Va Tech.

I am in south bend it's snowing reasonably hard right now 1 inch on the ground expected 1-3 inches stopping midday then cold (35) and 20mph winds making windchill about 25 at kickoff ... that's not absurd but it's unpleasant.

80% chance of snow, 30 MPH winds with gusts up to 40 MPH. Kelly will have Kizer throw it 30 times.

80% chance of snow, 30 MPH winds with gusts up to 40 MPH. Kelly will have Kizer throw it 30 times.
Well, the all-world Urban Meyer has had Barrett throwing more than a bit in the same conditions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT