ADVERTISEMENT

We needed TCU to lose, check...but...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
We got one of the things we needed to happen.
TCU lost.

Penn State or OSU one was going to lose. The fact it was PSU by one point on the road did we do enough to leap frog them? Better still will they drop far enough beneath us.

My playoff four right now if I have to pick
Bama, Clemson, ND, Georgia in no order of seeding.

Bama and Georgia will cancel one another at seasons end and possibly before.
But TCU losing was massive.

Next week is key. We have to stay on point against Wake

i think people expecting a top 4 ranking come tues will be disappointed. should we be? Probably, but i could see Wisc being ahead simply b/c they havent lost. My guess is we are between 5-7

Reactions: 8th Man
A 1 loss GA should get in over a 1 loss ND. Therefore, I cannot fathom how ND gets in.
Pretty simple # of ways. NCSU beats Clemson next week. If not, Miami beats Clemson in the League Championship and ND beats Miami. MI or MSU beats OSU. TCU or OSU beats OU. Wisc loses to MSU or two loss OSU in the League Championship. Everything predicated on ND going undefeated.

What I do not see is Georgia or Alabama losing in the SEC Championship then playing in the playoff. I see that as an elimination. If you lost early in the year and finished 11-1 but did not lose in the Championship game then maybe but realistically if Georgia (or Alabama) loses to one another in the Championship game how is one of them not ranked #1 and the other #4? Then they have a rematch? Makes no sense to me. I just do not see Alabama or Georgia with one loss being ahead of Notre Dame with one loss based on the schedule they play.

OU lost to Iowa State as did TCU. There is no team from either the PAC 12 or Big 12 going to the final four. Only three things need to really happen to make things easy. First, ND wins out. Second, Clemson loses one more game. Third...only one team from the Big 10 gets selected.

i think people expecting a top 4 ranking come tues will be disappointed. should we be? Probably, but i could see Wisc being ahead simply b/c they havent lost. My guess is we are between 5-7

I can see a few teams beating ND out for one of the top 4 spots but it's not Wisconsin. I think the committee will penalize them for their schedule.

I can see a few teams beating ND out for one of the top 4 spots but it's not Wisconsin. I think the committee will penalize them for their schedule.
Not if they win out. While Wisconsin schedule may be weak...if they go undefeated and of course beat OSU or PSU in the title game no way they get left out...with a big ten title and no losses.
If ND keeps winning convincingly and a one point loss with a very green QB at the time will get in..probably.

Leaving it up to the committee though sucks becayse they're so ridiculous with their bullshit.

Not if they win out. While Wisconsin schedule may be weak...if they go undefeated and of course beat OSU or PSU in the title game no way they get left out...with a big ten title and no losses.
If ND keeps winning convincingly and a one point loss with a very green QB at the time will get in..probably.

Leaving it up to the committee though sucks becayse they're so ridiculous with their bullshit.

I was referring to Tuesday night.

I was referring to Tuesday night.
Oh. Yes they'll be outside looking in. Hell we can't even remember they're in the top 10 ...they really have been under the radar.

OU lost to Iowa State as did TCU. There is no team from either the PAC 12 or Big 12 going to the final four. Only three things need to really happen to make things easy. First, ND wins out. Second, Clemson loses one more game. Third...only one team from the Big 10 gets selected.

How does a 1 loss Big 12 team not get in? OU went in to Columbus and thumped the Buckeyes. It sure looks like OSU is going to be the B1G rep but even if Wisky beats OSU in a close CCG it gives OU a big selling point as a 1 loss Big 12 champ. Also a 1 loss Oklahoma St. or TCU Big 12 champ will have beat OU twice to be a 1 loss Big 12 champ and they deserve to be in and that is a strong argument.

One less game played by ND is going to hurt. I also don't know how you can put a 1 loss ND team in over a 1 loss Georgia team when you were beat in South Bend, that makes no sense! Your going to penalize Georgia for playing an extra game and losing to whats considered the best team in the country?

I think not being a conference champ is going to hurt ND. The one less game won't help either.

How does a 1 loss Big 12 team not get in? OU went in to Columbus and thumped the Buckeyes. It sure looks like OSU is going to be the B1G rep but even if Wisky beats OSU in a close CCG it gives OU a big selling point as a 1 loss Big 12 champ. Also a 1 loss Oklahoma St. or TCU Big 12 champ will have beat OU twice to be a 1 loss Big 12 champ and they deserve to be in and that is a strong argument.

One less game played by ND is going to hurt. I also don't know how you can put a 1 loss ND team in over a 1 loss Georgia team when you were beat in South Bend, that makes no sense! Your going to penalize Georgia for playing an extra game and losing to whats considered the best team in the country?

I think not being a conference champ is going to hurt ND. The one less game won't help either.
First of all trying to make sense of this committee is not possible. No way. No how.

Having said that...

All you have to do is look at the OU defense. Or honestly any big 12 team. Just when they tease you with a beat down of OSU the entire big 12 comes right back and cements itself yet again that defense is a pain in the ass to play and they'll just out score teams.

Big 12 will NOT be in ....again...provided there aren't a bunch of two loss teams to some one loss Big 12 trams.

The one big 12 team that plays some defense is Iowa state. Who can't score elite.

That conference is a mess.

Does how you win matter? ND has dominated every team but Georgia. No more taking knees. Run the score up!

If Georgia's only loss is a close one to Alabama in the CCG, that will hurt ND. How can you put 11-1 ND over 12-1 Georgia?

First of all trying to make sense of this committee is not possible. No way. No how.

Having said that...

All you have to do is look at the OU defense. Or honestly any big 12 team. Just when they tease you with a beat down of OSU the entire big 12 comes right back and cements itself yet again that defense is a pain in the ass to play and they'll just out score teams.

Big 12 will NOT be in ....again...provided there aren't a bunch of two loss teams to some one loss Big 12 trams.

The one big 12 team that plays some defense is Iowa state. Who can't score elite.

That conference is a mess.

Actually, TCU & ISU play quite a bit of defense. OU was able to keep OSU from scoring points.

THERE'S NO VALID ARGUMENT THAT MAKES ANY SENSE WHATSOEVER THAT KEEPS NOTRE DAME OUT OF THE TOP 4 IN THE PLAYOFF RANKINGS.

THE COMMITTEE FOCUSES ON 1 THING: THE 4 BEST TEAMS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.
ANYBODY WITH A F**** PULSE CLEARLY SEES THIS IS A TOP 4 TEAM IN THE NATION.

THERES NO GOOD ARGUMENT/NO VALID ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER THAT CAN BE MADE THAT KEEPS ND OUT OF THE TOP 4 COME RANKING TIME.

IF ND WINS OUT, THERE'S NO ARGUMENT, NO VALID ARGUMENT, THAT KEEPS ND OUT OF THE PLAYOFF GIVEN THEIR STRENGTH OF SCHEDULE AND THEIR COMPLETE AND UTTER DOMINANCE OF IT.

DO YOU THINK ALABAMA IS SITTING AROUND THINKING THAT THEY ARE NOT GOING TO GET RANKED IN THE PLAYOFF? NOO BECAUSE THEY ARE CLEARLY ONE OF THE BEST TEAMS IN THE COUNTRY.

IN 2017, UNLIKE ANY YEAR PRIOR, SINCE MAYBE 1988 OR 1993, ND IS PRODUCING/PERFORMING/AND DOMINATING THE SAME WAY MODERN ALABAMA IS.

THIS IS A TOP 3 TEAM AT WORST ... THIS IS A PLAYOFF TEAM. THIS IS HOW ELITE TOP 2/3/4 TEAMS PERFORM. I KNOW IT HAS BEEN A WHILE SO NOBODY CAN ACCEPT JUST HOW GOOD THIS TEAM IS ... BUT THERE'S NO VALID ARGUMENT WHATSOEVER, ANYWHERE, OF ANY KIND, THAT KEEPS ND OUT OF THE PLAYOFF PLAYING THE WAY THEY HAVE THROUGH THE FIRST 9 WEEKS OF THE SEASON.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT