ADVERTISEMENT

The path to the playoff is still alive...BUT...

88ND

I've posted how many times?
Sep 9, 2013
Now...

We have to root for PSU and Michigan.

We NEED them both beat OSU.

Obviously we can't falter along the way as well but we need OSU to lose twice. At least.

PSU and Michigan will play each other and hopefully one of those gets upset by someone else.

Losing control of your own destiny is irritating and this game was extra bad because OSU didn't beat us. We gave them a victory.

Now...

Obviously we can't falter along the way as well but we need OSU to lose twice. At least.

PSU and Michigan will play each other and hopefully one of those gets upset by someone else.

Losing control of your own destiny is irritating and this game was extra bad because OSU didn't beat us. We gave them a victory.
You said awhile back you were leaving the site and not returning.

Now...

Actually, if Ohio State ran the table and went 13-0, that would help us more, probably, by knocking off both Michigan and PSU. Also, it would help if we beat USC, then they went on to win the Pac-12.

ND needs some help and they also are going to need to pass the new eye test. That test is to pummel people. No more close games or taking out Sam. You gotta run it up.

Reactions: tbone3114
ND is heroine to real fans. We can’t ever quit it even when it’s killing us. You wouldn’t know what it’s like bc you’re a closet USC fan and Bud Light drinker.
"killing us..."

Hang in there.

Now...

Osu winning out is better

Im not seeing a path.
ACC: FSU has a good chance of running the table. Duke & Miami at home & end in the swamp.
Think Miami has to hard a path but still in it.
Pac12 has 4 teams with good shots Wash, USC, Oregon, Utah
Big12 Both Oklahoma & Texas with legit shots to go 12-1
SEC lets be honest they arent getting left out
B1G 1 of the 3 of PSU, OSU Mich.
It just doesnt look good.

Im not seeing a path.
ACC: FSU has a good chance of running the table. Duke & Miami at home & end in the swamp.
Think Miami has to hard a path but still in it.
Pac12 has 4 teams with good shots Wash, USC, Oregon, Utah
Big12 Both Oklahoma & Texas with legit shots to go 12-1
SEC lets be honest they arent getting left out
B1G 1 of the 3 of PSU, OSU Mich.
It just doesnt look good.
It's definitely still possible. Will it happen, who knows. Definitely possible

It's definitely still possible. Will it happen, who knows. Definitely possible
Usually we could count on either the Pac, ACC or Big 12 to beat each other & knock each other out of playoff spots, but this year it looks like these conferences will have either a undefeated or 1 loss conf champ. We could of really used that 12 team playoff this year.

Usually we could count on either the Pac, ACC or Big 12 to beat each other & knock each other out of playoff spots, but this year it looks like these conferences will have either a undefeated or 1 loss conf champ. We could of really used that 12 team playoff this year.
Same as every year. Give it some time. There's 8 to 9 games left

Reactions: graceh90
Very early yet

You said awhile back you were leaving the site and not returning.
Never once said thar but it's evident the circus is still on this board because you're absolutely positively a clown.

Osu winning out is better
That's not reality though.

The tides have shifted in the OSU/Michigan rivalry.

Moreover "THIS" OSU team is not beating both Michigan and PSU.

Harbaugh was all giddy watching us run right through their front seven.

Reactions: Kelso86
ND needs some help and they also are going to need to pass the new eye test. That test is to pummel people. No more close games or taking out Sam. You gotta run it up.
This will help.

Actually, if Ohio State ran the table and went 13-0, that would help us more, probably, by knocking off both Michigan and PSU. Also, it would help if we beat USC, then they went on to win the Pac-12.
Us winning out is a must and still might not be enough.

That's not reality though.

The tides have shifted in the OSU/Michigan rivalry.

Moreover "THIS" OSU team is not beating both Michigan and PSU.

Harbaugh was all giddy watching us run right through their front seven.
They could absolutely win out. They are better than ped state so that have to beat Michigan. You act like it's a guaranteed Michigan win. Michigan hasn't looked that good this year

That's why USC winning the Pac would help. An 11-1 ND would get in over a 12-1 USC, whose loss was to us.

But there's a lot of football left to be played.

They could absolutely win out. They are better than ped state so that have to beat Michigan. You act like it's a guaranteed Michigan win. Michigan hasn't looked that good this year
And the metric of OSU "looking good" is what?
Beating us?
And our metric is?
Same same as OSU's.

Too early to tell.

But OSU is NOT beating both PSU and Michigan.

BTW...
In case you didn't know,OSU and Michigan domination runs in waves.

It's Michigan's turn

• Haha
Reactions: albundy83
USC has to go undefeated and win PAC. We have to beat them by more than 3.

OSU run the table. UGA runs the table. Then a bit of help with OK /TX.

It’s CFB. Anything can happen. Last time we worried about this we lost to Stanford in 2015 or we were in.

Lots left and I doubt the playoff committee has us much further than 8.

With 1 loss, I think the Irish still have a chance to get in, especially if that's a loss in the very last second of the game against an unbeaten Ohio State team. We'll have a good chance to win some quality games, especially over the next 3 weeks against Duke, Louisville, and USC.

Reactions: 88ND
And the metric of OSU "looking good" is what?
Beating us?
And our metric is?
Same same as OSU's.

Too early to tell.

But OSU is NOT beating both PSU and Michigan.

BTW...
In case you didn't know,OSU and Michigan domination runs in waves.

It's Michigan's turn
Osu could win that game. Definitely no lock

With 1 loss, I think the Irish still have a chance to get in, especially if that's a loss in the very last second of the game against an unbeaten Ohio State team. We'll have a good chance to win some quality games, especially over the next 3 weeks against Duke, Louisville, and USC.
And don't forget Pitt who always plays us ridiculously tough. The following week is Clemson as well.

Texas
Florida State
Oklahoma
Utah
Oregon
Washington
Michigan
Georgia
PSU

Any 3 of the above teams could go undefeated or have 1 loss. Those are just a few I can think of, there are probably more. ND is ****ed. We are playing for pride only now. Alt might as well sit.

• Haha
Reactions: Blackmagic0303
Maybe...but....

I promise you the odds are better OSU loses to Michigan and PSU versus beating them both.
A one loss OSU team kills are chances. The worst thing possible

Texas
Florida State
Oklahoma
Utah
Oregon
Washington
Michigan
Georgia
PSU

Any 3 of the above teams could go undefeated or have 1 loss. Those are just a few I can think of, there are probably more. ND is ****ed. We are playing for pride only now. Alt might as well sit.
Okie? Lmfao

Utah? Based on what? Beating Baylor by 7?

Oregon because they killed Cinderella?

Okie? Lmfao

Utah? Based on what? Beating Baylor by 7?

Oregon because they killed Cinderella?
Alrighty then...
By your metric
We haven't done jack shit either.
Nor OSU.

Let's see come week 8 what the records look like.

Maybe...but....

I promise you the odds are better OSU loses to Michigan and PSU versus beating them both.
A one loss OSU team kills are chances. The worst thing possible
I think OSU is better than people are saying! I think ND is THAT GOOD! (not elite, but really good) OSU will win out! So will ND!

Reactions: NDinNJ
I’m getting angrier as time goes on about this game. Usually it’s the opposite. Usually we lose bc we just weren’t as good. This loss was on the coaches and that’s sickening.

The ridiculous thing is if this were next year I would only be half as upset with the loss. I would just shrug and know that entry to the playoffs is virtually guaranteed even with 2 losses.

You know the need to join a conference crowed will be getting louder as the season goes on especially if the the Irish keep winning

This is correct. Aside from ND winning out, you want OSU to go undefeated, taking one playoff slot while blowing out PSU and Michigan.

You want to blow out USC and for USC to go 12-1 taking the PAC.

And you want chaos everywhere else. As many two loss plus teams as possible.

Texas
Florida State
Oklahoma
Utah
Oregon
Washington
Michigan
Georgia
PSU

I get the frustration but mostly all those teams will have a loss late in the season. Better to have 1 loss early on and run the table. Then to lose the last game or so. At least that’s how the metrics worked out in the past.

Now...

You didn't give OSU Squat, they earned the victory down to the last second.

Reactions: Eph97
I get the frustration but mostly all those teams will have a loss late in the season. Better to have 1 loss early on and run the table. Then to lose the last game or so. At least that’s how the metrics worked out in the past.
Of course we drop one more we’re out. The next 4 games are going to be tough outings. I see a couple more close games. Jmo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT