ADVERTISEMENT

WBB ...

IrishHerb

Posts Like A Champion
Nov 18, 2006
ND ladies are pouring it in against Louisville.

Hope they keep it up.

Irish take a 22 point lead and then Cardinals making a little run , but Irish pulling away , back to 20 point lead.

this was by far their best win of the year IrishHerb, Izo. they finally played like the team that was tagged preseason #1 by the polls last night because of defense. coach McGraw really put the whole team down big time recently to the media in one of her last pressers about how the team refuses to try and play defense and that they would be undefeated right now if they did. I guess her calling out the team for bad defense in front of the media lit a fire under them. if they play defense like that going forward then they'll have a really good shot at another final four. arike is going to be a nightmare matchup for teams going forward if she keeps playing both ends of the court like she did last night

Last edited:
They played "better" defense this game, but they still have lapses where they slack off.
They won the game because Louisville isn't that good. Defensive lapses against good teams will cost them down the road.

They played "better" defense this game, but they still have lapses where they slack off.
They won the game because Louisville isn't that good. Defensive lapses against good teams will cost them down the road.
I know what you are saying but i'm just trying to think positive going forward I guess

The lack of turnovers (something new) was also a big factor. IF they can maintain the defensive intensity and reduce turnovers, they will make final four. Even free throws were better---hope this was not a an aberration but rather a sign of progress in all phases.

Truth is ....ND can play subpar and still beat the majority of the teams out there.
They have more talent than 95% of the other teams and sometimes that can be enough.

That being said, they need to play nearly perfect to beat the elite teams. Which they will have to do to make it to the Final Four.

if turner can eventually get a mid range shot going like kw has and showed last night then this team going forward into this season and next season could be almost impossible to defend on offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT