ADVERTISEMENT

Oklahoma

IrishBeer

Posts Like A Champion
Dec 6, 2021
Not even competitive. This is very different from what ND and Freeman are going through with laying an egg against Marshall. At least ND played tough against Ohio State and appears to be improving. Bowen would be making a mistake going to OK. They are a mess and look to be regressing every week.

well, there will be a top defensive coordinator available! start the bidding now! If Grinch takes a head coaching job, SC might be in the mix for B. V.

Brent Venables is 1st Oklahoma coach to debut 0-3 in conference play. Also, OU has lost more than 3 conference games only 7 times in 108 years of conference play (Southwest, Missouri Valley, Big 6, Big 7, Big 8, Big 12). Texas had the largest margin of victory in Red River history, and the game ends longest no shutout streak in cfb. (last was 2005).

Surprising, because I learned from reading their board last year that Riley was a terrible coach and Venibles would be much better, that Williams was an average QB so they would have an upgrade there and that their defense would be fantastic.

Last edited:
Surprising, because I learned from reading their board last year that Riley was a terrible coach and Venibles would be much better, that Williams was an average QB so they would have an upgrade there and that their defense would be fantastic.
Well anyone who said Williams was average is laughable. That's sour grapes. Their defense does look like some of Lincolns defenses but without the offense. The personnel on their defense is still on Lincoln

BV might be in S.C. this time next year; (if there is a next year.)

Not even competitive. This is very different from what ND and Freeman are going through with laying an egg against Marshall. At least ND played tough against Ohio State and appears to be improving. Bowen would be making a mistake going to OK. They are a mess and look to be regressing every week.
You’re forgetting that a good number of their players bailed and transferred, including some of their best players.

yep! excellent point! but I doubt Ok. fans are considering that this afternoon! Maybe tomorrow.

Well anyone who said Williams was average is laughable. That's sour grapes. Their defense does look like some of Lincolns defenses but without the offense. The personnel on their defense is still on Lincoln
Riley defenses were not good but UO defense is missing assignments and coverages left and right. That didn't happen with Riley.

I know more goes into recruiting than current team success, but I hope Bowen was impressed 😂

Reactions: Golson5
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT