ADVERTISEMENT

Freeman Rees Golden

edub72

All Star
Jan 17, 2018
Saturday is really going to be interesting about game plan. With college football nowadays, if points remain in the 30s, you should have a chance to win. So if ND can keep the game in the 30s(Al Golden) can Rees’ offense score? I think ND will be ready to play. I’m not sure they can score enough. I sure hope they can run the ball some and eat clock

The offensive line must show up and make a statement early in the game. They won't be as one dimensional as they were last year with Coan in the pocket. There will be more multi-tasking right out of the gate with a dual threat quarterback to block for. They won't have the luxury of settling in over the first couple of games....if ND expects to beat OSU....they have to be prepared from the first snap...and move OSU on their heels.

Reactions: Irish_Mutt
Have to win the battles along the line. Regardless of anything else, that’s where the game will be won or lost
Obviously Ohio State will have strong lines but this should be a team strength for Notre Dame. Our O-line should be able to open up some lanes and our D-line should be able to pressure the QB. I think it will be a close game.

DLine needs to come up big on 1st and 2nd down putting us in the advantage for 3rd. LB's need to make solo tackles. Winning the turnover margin and special teams play wouldn't hurt either.

I hope Rees calls a more balanced offense this time, compared to the bowl game. That was the first game he didn't have Kelly looking over his shoulder. The result? 68 pass attempts and 21 rushes. And those 21 rushes included the sacks of Coan.

We need a more balanced offense this time.

Have to win the battles along the line. Regardless of anything else, that’s where the game will be won or lost
trenches? is that thought a dinosaur from the past? Ala. and UGA have great OL and DL’s but teams still are functional vs them. They get in real struggles. I am thinking quickness and speed are just as important. And further, conditioning and nutrition (even nutrition / meds of xtra sources) are major factors.

trenches? is that thought a dinosaur from the past? Ala. and UGA have great OL and DL’s but teams still are functional vs them. They get in real struggles. I am thinking quickness and speed are just as important. And further, conditioning and nutrition (even nutrition / meds of xtra sources) are major factors.
We haven't had both trenches at top notch when we went up vs the big boys. This year we could if patterson is healthy.

In 12 we literally had 4-5 dlinemen that could play and golic started on oline.

Just winning the trenches won't be enough to beat OSU at OSU, but it gives you a really good foundation. Winning the trenches allows us to control clock better and not have our WRs gassed all game. Controlling the trenches allows us to not put some lesser secondary players on an island too much.

We actually controlled the dline trench vs ok state but our LBs (Betrand/White/Bauer) missed a zillion tackles, and then they just threw the ball up vs lewis all second half.

Will be interesting to see if there is any considerable difference with Tommy Rees's playcalling, designs, formations, without Kelly on the sideline.

Will be interesting to see if there is any considerable difference with Tommy Rees's playcalling, designs, formations, without Kelly on the sideline.
BK liked TR because it was like a Vulcan mind meld.

Saturday is really going to be interesting about game plan. With college football nowadays, if points remain in the 30s, you should have a chance to win. So if ND can keep the game in the 30s(Al Golden) can Rees’ offense score? I think ND will be ready to play. I’m not sure they can score enough. I sure hope they can run the ball some and eat clock
What is going to be interesting is if Freeman shows more comfort in his new role compared to the bowl where he seemed hesitant to lead his coordinators.

Freeman will need to be considerably better against this OSU if the Irish have any chance to win

What is going to be interesting is if Freeman shows more comfort in his new role compared to the bowl where he seemed hesitant to lead his coordinators.

Freeman will need to be considerably better against this OSU if the Irish have any chance to win
Agree…. Adjustments are important every game but huge in bowl games and first games especially…. Freeman did terrible with adjustments in 2021 especially the bowl game

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT