ADVERTISEMENT

VS. Oregon State, Tony the Tiger Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had a good year before being steamrolled by the Ducks. Their QB was a big part of their success, if he is not playing this is a game ND should win.

They had a good year before being steamrolled by the Ducks. Their QB was a big part of their success, if he is not playing this is a game ND should win.
They also lost their head coach. But their defense was also a strength of their team this year.

Reactions: christophero
My advice to anyone going is get a motel room in Las Cruces and drive down to the game; and then go right back there after the game
Las Cruces can be a fun visit, but I'm not sure why you would recommend somebody stay in a motel there for a bowl game in El Paso.

If somebody wants to spend some time in New Mexico (White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, Ski Apache all within reasonable driving distance from El Paso), go for it and have fun! In the Cruces area, Old Mesilla is fun. But it's not particularly convenient to stay there on the day of the bowl game.

Freeman trying his hardest to be worse than Kelly. Who could’ve ever thought ND could find a crappier coach than Kelly?
Try harder be better. But on a side note . You are up for worst post of December. Congrats!

Didn't Oregon State blow us out in a Bowl game? The team with Chad Johnson. 2000 I think.
You should realize that THIS bowl game will be a rabid home crowd for Notre Dame. El Paso is the Catholic part of Texas; the mascot of their Catholic high school is the Fighting Irish. It was a standing room only sellout the last time the Irish played in the Sun Bowl. The city loves you.

I may actually go down there. Never been to a bowl game. Never been to West Texas. We’ll see. Could maybe couple it with a quick ski trip. I’ve heard that skiing in Taos (New Mexico) is excellent.
I love skiing as well but I have been there though i believe Vail Co is staright north as the crow flies from El Paso, and that place is nice.
Northern NM is beautiful

Reactions: christophero
I may actually go down there. Never been to a bowl game. Never been to West Texas. We’ll see. Could maybe couple it with a quick ski trip. I’ve heard that skiing in Taos (New Mexico) is excellent.
Taos is excellent skiing, and of course Colorado is just a bit north of that. Closer to El Paso is Ski Apache, about 150 miles away. The skiing there is excellent, better than anything you would find in the Midwest, and they have a gondola to take you to the very top of the mountain. December, though, there might not be enough snowfall yet to open the entire mountain (it's one of the southernmost ski resorts in the country), so be sure to check their site for conditions. https://www.skiapache.com/

It's near Alamogordo and White Sands National Park. (A White Sands-Ski Apache trip, if the trail conditions are good, would be a fun trip.) I'd recommend staying in Ruidoso in that event.

But Taos should be a safe bet for good skiing! It's a good 6-hour drive north from El Paso.

Reactions: deadirishpoet
They have really good dual threat true freshman that played a lot. John Chavis or something. Not the passer DJ is but he’s a weapon and their oline is LEGIT! ND’s going to be tested.

Meanwhile, 7-5 Wisconsin plays LSU and will probably get killed.

This is the downside of being independent. If we don't make a NY6, we get a lousy bowl selection. The conferences control all the bowl tie-ins nowadays. And the ACC decided to rig it so that we ended up with their 4th best bowl.
Don’t go then! No one cares. Play NY6 or pass. Swarlildick wants the cash. Couldn’t care less about ND being good. $$$$$ only

Reactions: ndhuntington
Taos is excellent skiing, and of course Colorado is just a bit north of that. Closer to El Paso is Ski Apache, about 150 miles away. The skiing there is excellent, better than anything you would find in the Midwest, and they have a gondola to take you to the very top of the mountain. December, though, there might not be enough snowfall yet to open the entire mountain (it's one of the southernmost ski resorts in the country), so be sure to check their site for conditions. https://www.skiapache.com/

It's near Alamogordo and White Sands National Park. (A White Sands-Ski Apache trip, if the trail conditions are good, would be a fun trip.) I'd recommend staying in Ruidoso in that event.

But Taos should be a safe bet for good skiing! It's a good 6-hour drive north from El Paso.
Hey guys the places six hours away are great LOL. Hahaha how the Jack Swarbrick’s limp dicks have fallen. El Paso. Omg

They have really good dual threat true freshman that played a lot. John Chavis or something. Not the passer DJ is but he’s a weapon and their oline is LEGIT! ND’s going to be tested.
It’s always good to be tested by a coach less team with a 2nd string quarterback. God freeman is amazing, El Paso? I can’t wait mmmmmm

You should realize that THIS bowl game will be a rabid home crowd for Notre Dame. El Paso is the Catholic part of Texas; the mascot of their Catholic high school is the Fighting Irish. It was a standing room only sellout the last time the Irish played in the Sun Bowl. The city loves you.

Yes they do. Lots of hate from posters itt about a bowl game being played in a hotbed football state and against a quality opponent. I’m confused.

It’s always good to be tested by a coach less team with a 2nd string quarterback. God freeman is amazing, El Paso? I can’t wait mmmmmm
Your performance in this thread has been abysmal. Take a nap and try again tomorrow.

Homie, ND is going to El Paso. Michigan is in the playoff three straight years. I’m abysmal? Holy cow you’re delusional. You couldn’t win one argument against me.
Oh Wrd? How’d y’all fair in those two playoffs?

You got me interested

Las Cruces can be a fun visit, but I'm not sure why you would recommend somebody stay in a motel there for a bowl game in El Paso.

If somebody wants to spend some time in New Mexico (White Sands, Carlsbad Caverns, Ski Apache all within reasonable driving distance from El Paso), go for it and have fun! In the Cruces area, Old Mesilla is fun. But it's not particularly convenient to stay there on the day of the bowl game.
like I said I lived near El Paso. Have you?

LOL

I am a Republican, thank you very much.

El Paso consistently ranks as one of the safest cities in the USA with population >500,000. (Google it.)
Yeah that got a real laugh from most I talked to down there
A lot of crime is not reported because its a border city

Thank you Sir. I appreciate you sharing this.

Dumb ass I’m a Notre Dame fan sick of losers like you controlling the fan base. Get your limp ND dick some Blew Chew. You think I want my 1960 ND grad dad to die watching this shit product? Damnit grow a pair. I despise scUM and despise pussies like you even more.
What is your problem? No one here except you acts this way. Cool off and clean it up. There’s some damn good fans here, who are all in on talking football. You really want to be the internet message board anonymous tough guy? Don’t be “that”.

Reactions: DublinND and HRC08
Maybe you guys can try another thread to actually stay on topic ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT