ADVERTISEMENT

VJ - Six 3s Tonight

Lots of teams are gonna lose to Nova and Purdue. They have really good players and can rely on pounding the ball to the post when things are going bad. I have seen ND 3 times...Colorado..Northwestern and Purdue....same method of operation....great rhythm team that does a great job with spacing. Shooters at all 5 spots....do a great job of reading screens and making extra pass. Signs of a very well coached unit that can be very tough to defend....problem....when one or two guys are off. ND's offense is predicated on making shots and creating mismatches with opposing bigs. Perfect example was first half of Purdue game....which is why Haas sat the entire second half. ND is gonna struggle because they can't pound the ball to Geben or Torres and get a hoop when they need it...but if they are on that night watch out.

I want to see the freshman Mooney get some more playing time. The times I've seen him in shows he has an aggressiveness that they could use. Geben was better against Purdue but we need another scorer down low when he is out of the game. Torres gives everything he has when he's in there but he scores mostly put back rebounds. I think Mooney could do that and also has enough range to score farther out from the basket.

Beechum had a bad shooting game vs Nova .. many went in and out that can happen to anyone but he needs to be able to do more to help the team win in the ACC if they are going to compete to win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT