ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame’s schedule

Patrirish

I've posted how many times?
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2018
Past and future has 4 to 5 teams ranked in the top 25, with three in the top six (6).

While its a steep climb, could winning out get ND into the playoffs ?

Yes they could make a strong case. Especially if they give Clemson and USC their only loss on the season

Call me a wuss, but I want no part of the playoffs. Talent is just not there yet, but I believe Freeman is closing the gap. Does anybody really think ND can beat Bama or UGA??? I'm wanting an NY6 bowl and hoping they can finally win a major postseason game.

So beating Clemson, USC, BYU, Syracuse and every other team won’t get ND into the playoffs

WHY is it stupid ?

Is it because your brain isn’t capable of considering the permutations and probability ?

No surprise there !
ND doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of making the CFP with 2 loses. You can be this dumb, oh wait a minute you are.

So beating Clemson, USC, BYU, Syracuse and every other team won’t get ND into the playoffs

WHY is it stupid ?

Is it because your brain isn’t capable of considering the permutations and probability ?

No surprise there !
No it won't

Reactions: Zorich 88

WHY is it stupid ?

No surprise there !
What is Eminem’s first name?

Reactions: adrian1477
Call me a wuss, but I want no part of the playoffs. Talent is just not there yet, but I believe Freeman is closing the gap. Does anybody really think ND can beat Bama or UGA??? I'm wanting an NY6 bowl and hoping they can finally win a major postseason game.
Agree, but we lost to Marshall at home. We’re so far from a NY6 game. It’s almost as far fetched as a potential playoff birth.

Agree, but we lost to Marshall at home. We’re so far from a NY6 game. It’s almost as far fetched as a potential playoff birth.
We'll find out on the 8th if UNC was a step forward or if their D is that bad and our coaches have no clue how to fix our major mental mistakes.

A good team, one that has a chance to win our remaining games would stomp BYU and the game wouldn't be in doubt by the end of 3.

I think this pretty much shows what a dumbass Patrica is.

ND had one lose last year against a really good Cincinnati team last year and did make the CFP. How is ND going to make the playoffs this season with 2 loses already and one to Marshall? I can’t believe you even asked this stupid question.

I don’t agree w you calling Pat a dumbass, but your logic is spot-on.

The “ND to the playoffs ship” has sailed. 10-2 likely gets us to a NY6 bowl. 9-3 doesn’t.

So he is aloud to call others “dumbass” but I’m not aloud to call him out. Got it.

So he is aloud to call others “dumbass” but I’m not aloud to call him out. Got it.
I’m not a moderator, nor am I your Father. I don’t say what you’re “allowed” to do. I simply disagree with a grown man calling another grown man “dumbass”, anonymously on an internet chat board. I don’t hate anyone for it. I simply thinks that it hurts the board.

More importantly, I agree with your overall point. You’re spot-on: 10-2 ND still doesn’t make the playoff.

Hopefully we can beat BYU!

Reactions: 4-4-3
Here's my ranking of our remaining games by difficulty:

1. @USC (4-0)
2. Clemson (4-0)
3. BYU (4-1)
4. @Syracuse (4-0)
5. Stanford (1-2)
6. UNLV (3-1)
7. @Navy (1-2)
8. Boston College (1-3)

Reactions: 4-4-3
The season boils down to BYU @Syracuse Clemson @USC, ND "should" win the others, of course after the Marshall disgrace, who knows. But assuming we have no more humiliating losses. What will be ND's record in the 4 challenging games.

4-0 and a 10-2 season would be a really strong first year for Freeman. He kept a 10-11 win program right on track, and learned as a Head Coach

3-1- and a 9-3 season. Slightly disappointing, but considering ND has an inexperienced HC, thin WR room, lost starting QB, it would not be a bad season

2-2 and an 8-4 record, would be a real disappointment, and would be a set back for the program, But, many including myself predicted this kind of record. Freeman would have to learn, lick his wounds, get the extra bowl practices, win the bowl, recruit is tail off, and get this program back into the Top 10 asap

1-3 or 0-4 and a 7-5 or 6-6 season would be a disaster, and would open up real conversations about if Freeman can do this job, or will he be just another in the line of failed ND inexperienced Head Coaches

The season boils down to BYU @Syracuse Clemson @USC, ND "should" win the others, of course after the Marshall disgrace, who knows. But assuming we have no more humiliating losses. What will be ND's record in the 4 challenging games.

4-0 and a 10-2 season would be a really strong first year for Freeman. He kept a 10-11 win program right on track, and learned as a Head Coach

3-1- and a 9-3 season. Slightly disappointing, but considering ND has an inexperienced HC, thin WR room, lost starting QB, it would not be a bad season

2-2 and an 8-4 record, would be a real disappointment, and would be a set back for the program, But, many including myself predicted this kind of record. Freeman would have to learn, lick his wounds, get the extra bowl practices, win the bowl, recruit is tail off, and get this program back into the Top 10 asap

1-3 or 0-4 and a 7-5 or 6-6 season would be a disaster, and would open up real conversations about if Freeman can do this job, or will he be just another in the line of failed ND inexperienced Head Coaches
9 and 3 with a bowl win still continues the double digit win streak

Reactions: christophero
ND running the table seems very optimistic after starting 2-2. I'd be very happy with 9-3. Even that seems a bit optimistic.

ND doesn’t have a snowballs chance in hell of making the CFP with 2 loses. You can be this dumb, oh wait a minute you are.
So if all of the other teams have 2 losses and ND runs the table it’s your stated opinion that ND couldn’t possibly get into the CFP ?

WHY do you feel so threatened by a QUESTION ?

Are you that insecure ?

I think this pretty much shows what a dumbass Patrica is.

ND had one lose last year against a really good Cincinnati team last year and did make the CFP. How is ND going to make the playoffs this season with 2 loses already and one to Marshall? I can’t believe you even asked this stupid question.
Is the question stupid or is it beyond your ability to consider an at large field dominated by teams with two losses and ND with huge wins over highly ranked teams ?

I merely asked a question.

Does thinking cause you anxiety ?

ND running the table seems very optimistic after starting 2-2. I'd be very happy with 9-3. Even that seems a bit optimistic.
I didn’t say that ND was going to run the table, I asked what might happen if they did run the table

I’m not a moderator, nor am I your Father. I don’t say what you’re “allowed” to do. I simply disagree with a grown man calling another grown man “dumbass”, anonymously on an internet chat board. I don’t hate anyone for it. I simply thinks that it hurts the board.

More importantly, I agree with your overall point. You’re spot-on: 10-2 ND still doesn’t make the playoff.

Hopefully we can beat BYU!
Wouldn’t that depend upon the state of the rest of the field n conjunction with huge wins over highly ranked teams.

Is the question stupid or is it beyond your ability to consider an at large field dominated by teams with two losses and ND with huge wins over highly ranked teams ?
I merely asked a question.

Does thinking cause you anxiety ?
your not thinking. You think a 2 lose ND will make the playoffs? A one lose ND didn’t make the playoffs last year and they lost to a very good UC team. Yes the question is stupid.
We realize you know nothing about football, ask better questions.

2 loss teams usually come from the SEC and don't lose to Marshall. And ND has been embarrassed in the playoff a few times so we're not getting the benefit of the doubt for a while.

Last edited:
your not thinking. You think a 2 lose ND will make the playoffs? A one lose ND didn’t make the playoffs last year and they lost to a very good UC team. Yes the question is stupid.
We realize you know nothing about football, ask better questions.
Have someone with reading comprehension skills explain what the “at large field“ means.

Let me rephrase a potential scenario for you.

Premise: Every team has 2 losses.
ND has beaten USC, Clemson, BYU and Syracuse and has 2 losses.

And you don’t think that ND would make the CFP under that scenario ?

ADVERTISEMENT