ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame’s schedule

A 2 loss team has never made the CFP.

That is what I said. And it is still true

Educate yourself

Yes. In the BCS NC game. I didnt say anything about the BCS

I said, no team has ever made the CFP with 2 losses. And that is still true to this day.

We'll see if it ever changes but as of now, no 2 loss team has ever made the CFP
The BCS was a playoff.

Pat I can’t imagine what your blood pressure is but it must be out of control for you to get this worked up on a stupid message board.
Irish, my blood pressure is consistently 124/62 or slightly higher.

I‘m not “worked up” at all, I’m having fun and enjoying the exchanges.
Although, I’m sometimes stunned by some of the posts.

The problem with the internet is that you can’t determine one’s mindset or disposition, you can’t interpret their body language or tone, so we’re all in the dark with regard to each posters state of mind and/or intent.

One of the things that I’ve observed over the years is how passionate Notre Dame fans are when discussing football.

You don’t see that intensity regarding basketball, hockey, Lacrosse, etc., etc.

My uncle went to ND and “88 Brennan” remembered him when I attended many years later.

The first football game I ever bet on was ND vs Oklahoma in 1957 when my new neighbor who just moved in from Beaumont, Texas kept telling me how ND was going to get killed. So I broke open my piggy bank and took all the money I had and bet on ND. I had no clue about point spreads so it was an even- up bet.

A month earlier the Soviets launched Sputnik, which caused me to want to become an Engineer.
After ND beat Oklahoma the die was cast and I set my sights on attending ND.
There years later I entered my freshman year.

No matter the score I stay or watch the game until the clock runs out.

So, i’ve been an ardent fan af ND’s for over 65 years.

I was apoplectic about the Faust hire, disappointed with the Davie hire, hopeful with the Weis hire, resentful of the way that Kelly left and dubious about the Freeman hire.

BUT, through it all, I‘ve loved Notre Dame and Notre Dame football.

So, I’m not worked up or upset about anything, but thanks for your concern.

GO IRISH ! 🍀

The answer is, it depends. If there are only 2 loss teams remaining then ND at 10-2 would have an excellent chance. If there are 4 top teams with 0 or 1 loss, it’s not possible. ND with 1 loss to an eventual BCS team didn’t make it last year so the percentages would be extremely low

It is very possible that a 10-2 ND team, if OSU stays in the top 4 would more than likely have a shot at a NY 6 if Clemson and USC’s only loss is to ND.

Just too many variables. The Marshall loss was THE loss and we will pay that price.

ND will crack the top 25 with a BYU win. NC being 4-1 and maybe Cal as well as OSU being in the top 4 starts to show a good resume.
When you look at teams in the NFL and college, as the playoffs begin, trending, momentum plays a big factor.

While you should never underestimate your opponents, the Clemson and USC games are huge and you have to hope that both are undefeated when they play ND

Thanks for confirming that a two loss team ranked # 2 played the # 1 ranked team in the Championship game and beat them and was named the National Champion.

What many seem to miss is that the number of losses are secondary to the ranking at selection time.

An ND team that would go undefeated for the rest of the season, having beat two teams ranked in the top 7 or higher, would most likely be ranked 6th or even higher depending on the ranking of other teams.

And, if they were ranked 4th, chances are they get into the playoffs
You know what I hope like heck that you are right. I’ll take that every day. And I should not have said you question was stupid, but I don’t see anyway ND would sniff the playoffs with a lose to Marshall and a close call against Cal. Now if ND had loses against OSY and say Clemson, well maybe.

2 teams does not make a playoff.
Of course it does, it was the BCS National Championship game pitting the # 1 and # 2 teams against each other with the winner being crowned the National Champion

I love how we barely beat Cal and we're talking about beating Clemson and USC. Just like people overreacted to Marshall they are overreacting to UNC. We are a 500 team right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishMike409
A two loss team has never made it, but it is possible if there are not enough teams with one or zero wins. Massively low odds.

A two loss team has never made it, but it is possible if there are not enough teams with one or zero wins. Massively low odds.
What were the odds that Marshall, a 20.5 point underdog would beat ND at home ?

Massively low ?

Well one positive. Looks like everyone left on ND schedule except Clemson and to some extent Syracuse has a tough time stopping the run. So hopefully ND OL continues to trend up

Reactions: mbd11
Well one positive. Looks like everyone left on ND schedule except Clemson and to some extent Syracuse has a tough time stopping the run. So hopefully ND OL continues to trend up
Tonight will reveal the trend

ADVERTISEMENT