ADVERTISEMENT

USC vs. UCLA

Helton is still there because of Sam Darnold -- with Sam starting at QB, Helton’s record is 20-4. Without Darnold, Helton is a woeful 6-10.

Beach -- what is the buzz at USC for a Helton replacement? Can they coax Dave Aranda away from LSU? That would scare this Irish fan.

If Helton is still head coach Mon at 5:00 PM PST then Lynn Swann is more incompetent than Helton and USC has a real clusterf’n going on!

What is he hearing? Doesn't he read and watch the same things you are about Helton or does he have a direct pipeline into the ADs office?

beach?

Both, Helton and Swann? What are you hearing?

OK for those who are aware of my posts, I am not an insider I do know some who are and from them I have heard.....everything. I have heard he is gone, I have heard he is back and I have heard both Franklin and JDR have been contacted. These people usually don't disagree, but here they do. The thing I know for sure is that some coaches have been talked to but not with the statement that Clay is gone.

Yes I have heard that both Swann and Clay are gone but not from someone I trust. And those I do trust disagree. So, in short, I know absolutely nothing useful, sorry.

Reactions: tbonesays
OK for those who are aware of my posts, I am not an insider I do know some who are and from them I have heard.....everything. I have heard he is gone, I have heard he is back and I have heard both Franklin and JDR have been contacted. These people usually don't disagree, but here they do. The thing I know for sure is that some coaches have been talked to but not with the statement that Clay is gone.

Yes I have heard that both Swann and Clay are gone but not from someone I trust. And those I do trust disagree. So, in short, I know absolutely nothing useful, sorry.

So all of the above =‘s insider. Because that is what the insiders are saying. My best guess is they wait till the Calamity at the Coliseum has been played. I hear that Traveler has started wearing his feedbag over his head in disguise.

So all of the above =‘s insider. Because that is what the insiders are saying. My best guess is they wait till the Calamity at the Coliseum has been played. I hear that Traveler has started wearing his feedbag over his head in disguise.

Yeah, it's weird. What I guess, and it is only a guess, is this the people at Heritage Hall think he is staying because Swann would like him to stay. The Board wants him gone and is pressuring Swann. That why one guy who may know people at HH is saying he is staying and another who knows those on the BOT think he is going. I am not sure even Swann knows yet.

Please do SC a favor and beat us 100-0 Saturday. Please after all we helped you get rid of Charlie.

SC is still stuck in the old mindset of wanting to hire a “Big Name” or some former player who “gets USC”. That’s not how things work much anymore. Go get a young coach with an innovative offense and can create a culture more in line with what today’s players want. BK wasn’t young, but he was innovative and coming from a smaller program.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
SC is still stuck in the old mindset of wanting to hire a “Big Name” or some former player who “gets USC”. That’s not how things work much anymore. Go get a young coach with an innovative offense and can create a culture more in line with what today’s players want. BK wasn’t young, but he was innovative and coming from a smaller program.

Oh, as AD? Yes that is true

Last edited:
It's all over PSU boards that CJF is looking at USC post.

I'll take him, but there are rumors of just about everyone coaching SC next year, including Clay Helton. There is one guy who has been exceptional accurate that I am waiting on. Right now, I follow this closely and know some guys who know some guys and I don't have a clue.

Franklin make the 1st move?

As good a recruiter as Franklin is at PSU,he would be better at SC.

I have no idea on coaches but.....after considering everything I have been following, I now think I will have a happy thanksgiving weekend. Just don't screw it up by losing to us.

I have no idea on coaches but.....after considering everything I have been following, I now think I will have a happy thanksgiving weekend. Just don't screw it up by losing to us.

USC will have to pony up some major coin. CJF is pulling in 5 mill at PSU. He has purchased at least 3 million dollar homes in the area, homes that wold be 7-8 mill in LA. And he has little recruiting connections west of the Mississippi....

USC will have to pony up some major coin. CJF is pulling in 5 mill at PSU. He has purchased at least 3 million dollar homes in the area, homes that wold be 7-8 mill in LA. And he has little recruiting connections west of the Mississippi....

I have no idea if the school is talking to Franklin or if he wants the job. I know he wanted it when SC hired Sark, but since then I have no idea. There are names being thrown around but so far as I can tell they are all guesses.

But I can say the school has no money problems. The funding campaign that stared 4 or so years ago has raised over 6 billion.

Last edited:
Beach
Is Troy Palumalu’s uncle(?) qualified? he was seen at practice.

Kennedy Palumalu for head coach? NO, RB coach, maybe OC, But not head coach. He used to coach at SC, and family has played here, no surprise he would visit.

Give Helton one more year to reorganize his staff and develop his young talent. Don't be so impatient. Give the guy some room to work without every Tom, Dick, and Harry breathing down his neck. ND best not sleep on this team Saturday. That's right, I said it. USC still has USC talent. Don't sleep on them.

Give Helton one more year to reorganize his staff and develop his young talent. Don't be so impatient. Give the guy some room to work without every Tom, Dick, and Harry breathing down his neck. ND best not sleep on this team Saturday. That's right, I said it. USC still has USC talent. Don't sleep on them.

Spoken like a true ND fans. I said the same thing about Charlie Weis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT