ADVERTISEMENT

USC Mascot

And while we are at it what about that offensive mascot the Hurricanes? I have to imagine those poor folks in Texas and Louisiana must get offended that a school would blatantly use a weather event for personal financial gain and exploitation.

Reactions: rgc7 and justified1
I've lived most of my life in Indiana and I still don't know what a " Hoosier " is. The whole who's there makes no sense. BTW I still hate that **** horse.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I've lived most of my life in Indiana and I still don't know what a " Hoosier " is. The whole who's there makes no sense. BTW I still hate that **** horse.
I lived in St. Louis for a while and they used the term 'hoosier' as an insult meaning something like 'white trash' or 'redneck.' They didn't know why either.... which was Ironic cause the majority of the people I knew who used that term were in fact trailer trashy.

Nebraska is called the Cornhuskers and while they do grow corn in the Eastern side of the state, they produce nowhere near as much as states like Iowa, Illinois, or Indiana..... but it is better than what they used to be called which was the Bug Eaters.

Well when you start hating horses it may be time for a self check. In addition you guys have been pretty good keeping him off the field recently.

I was born in Indiana and lived for a time in Lebanon. I was told the phrase was based on checking strangers by asking "whose your father" but I have no idea if it is true.

Also in keeping with the theme I learned last night that practicing Yoga was white supremacist. Who knew.

Reactions: francade and rgc7
I lived in Evansville for a few years.... it wasn't half bad.... people only talked college basketball which was boring!

Know E-ville as I live less than an hour away in Vincennes. Yes, southern Indiana is basketball crazy.The U of E years ago was a small division power house in basketball and USI has some roundball history too. E-ville has some pretty good HS football teams though.

Reactions: nemeth#5
I know Vincennes pretty well also. Used to drive 41 up Indy frequently. HS football was pretty good. A friend of mine is the HC at one of the larger schools so I would try and catch a game or two.

I lived in Evansville for a few years.... it wasn't half bad.... people only talked college basketball which was boring!
Does the U of Evansville still wear basketball shirts that have short sleeves? They were the only team that I can ever remember doing that.

Well when you start hating horses it may be time for a self check. In addition you guys have been pretty good keeping him off the field recently.

I was born in Indiana and lived for a time in Lebanon. I was told the phrase was based on checking strangers by asking "whose your father" but I have no idea if it is true.

Also in keeping with the theme I learned last night that practicing Yoga was white supremacist. Who knew.
Anymore traction from the snowflakes re: banning the horse?

Orlando "Gunner" Wyman

Ahh yes the famous FSU coach that won over 71% of his games for a lifetime. From your hometown there Alice! Thanks for remembering another famous Florida State sports figure!
Team-photo-590x200.jpg

He played basketball for FSU. He taught PE/Health and coached basketball at Vincennes Lincoln from 1967 to 1981. Born in Tennessee and buried in Kentucky.

Does the U of Evansville still wear basketball shirts that have short sleeves? They were the only team that I can ever remember doing that.

They used to warm up in boxing robes too. At least they did the one time I saw them play.

I saw the yoga thing too. Still hate the horse lol.

“And while we are at it what about that offensive mascot the Hurricanes? I have to imagine those poor folks in Texas and Louisiana must get offended that a school wouldblatantly use a weather event for personal financial gain and exploitation.”

Funny you mention that syd, I remember a writer from the Miami herald (Linda Robertson) suggested that the Miami hurricanes change their name after hurricane Andrew in ‘92. If we’re gonna start changing nicknames of sports teams because they’re offensive to some, we might as well do away w/ all nicknames unless we start using names like the Ohio state white puffy clouds. Although, someone would probably have a problem w/ that too. PC run amuck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT