ADVERTISEMENT

Updated. 6 ND players arrested

What's this about Jones? Which one?

Sorry. Let me clarify. Alize Jones is who I was talking about. I just meant that if the 6 arrested are not going to play , Jones would make 7 so far. No matter how anyone looks at it, it's not good and definitely hurts the team.

Holier than thou? I don't think so. I would say that there aren't a lot of schools that have as draconian a code of conduct as ND does

These are the comments that drive non ND fans nuts.
Holier than thou

Aren't you an OSU fan? Plenty of OSU fans comments drive non-OSU fans nuts too. Plenty of Michigan fans comments drive non-Michigan fans nuts too. Plenty of USC fans comments drive non-USC fans nuts too. Plenty of FSU fan comments drive non-FSU fans nuts too. Driving non-fans crazy isn't exclusive just to Irish fans!

Go away, Max. Loser. Disappointment.

We are way better off with him out of the program.

Facts are important. I'm 66 and can't remember a party in college or high school (Calif) where marijuana was not present. Can't begin to fully appreciate how prevalent it must be today. Maybe one guy was smoking, maybe more, maybe all five. The penalty for being in the car while someone else is smoking should not be the same; and the penalty for smoking should not be expulsion. The really troubling fact we do know is the presence of a loaded gun. At a minimum, the owner should be gone from the team and the university. If everyone knew someone was packing a loaded gun before they got in the car, then I would probably expel them as well. Hoping only the owner knew of the gun. Tough day for ND fans.

All these guys are gone. Loaded gun? Makes no difference who owns up, gone. Zero tolerance. What are they doing anywhere there is a loaded gun? Terrible. They all will be indefinitely suspended and eventually launched. This has NOTHING to do with Kelly. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Reactions: IrishMike409
I think it's wishful thinking and totally unrealistic to believe in any alternate outcome to this other than these 6 players are gone and most likely completely finished as ND football players. This will happen very quickly. The Frozen 5 and how the University handled cheating on homework assignments. We're in a whole different ballpark with this . They are not going to split hairs or look for legalistic semantics. Some them may remain as students or be allowed to re-apply to come back in 17 but their careers as ND football players is most likely over. The university is going to send a message and strong one. As well they should and have to. ND has a core set of values and an image to protect. The ND brand is a huge deal financially to this school. This is a potential catastrophe to this program. It's such a fine line ND football has to tread . This season is down the damn tunes . Already!!! Recruiting will take a big hit. We had a huge class building in 18 with amazing momentum. It's toast now. We'll be lucky to end up with a recruiting class in the top 15. Thank you Max Redfield. Redfield has been the single biggest disppointment and negative to this program I can remember. A 5 star prima donna from CA. He can take his Mandarin Chinese and not let the door hit his ass on the way out of South Bend . I hope to read later today that he's on a plane back to CA .

I'm as disappointed in Max Redfield as anyone, but he had a very quietly productive year last year, and as a fan, I'm grateful for the contributions he's made.

There is no indication anyone was charge with DUI.

Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
The University prohibits the operation of a motor vehicle while intoxicated or impaired. Any person doing so exhibits wanton disregard for the rights and safety of others.

For purposes of this policy, “driving under the influence” is defined as a situation in which the operator of any motorized vehicle is determined by admission, by testing for blood alcohol content or by commonly accepted behavioral observations (e.g., slurred speech, staggering, etc.), to be driving such vehicle after having consumed alcoholic beverages or ingested other drugs or legally controlled substances to a degree that has altered, inhibited or impaired the student’s ability to think and/or act.

Students found responsible for a violation of this policy may face Conduct Process Outcomes up to and including dismissal from the University.

When an incident results in serious injury or harm to another, the University reserves the right to take additional action, including the possibility of dismissal from the University as outlined in Emergency Actions.

Depending upon the circumstances, violations of these behavioral standards will call into question a student’s continued full participation in the University community.

• Unauthorized possession of explosives, incendiary devices, firearms or other weapons
  • whether the conduct has a negative impact on the University community or interferes with the pursuit of Notre Dame’s mission
  • whether the conduct has a negative impact on the local community.
In addition to complying with the University’s standards of conduct, policies, procedures and regulations, students are expected to abide by local, state and federal law. Students may be accountable to criminal authorities and to the University for acts that violate local, state or federal laws, and they can be referred to the University Conduct Process concurrent with criminal action.

As a general rule, the University Conduct Process will proceed normally during the pendency of a criminal action. The University operates under different policies, procedures and standards, and therefore it is not necessarily bound by the findings of a court of law.

If a student is charged with a felony, the University, through the Office of Student Affairs or the Office of Community Standards, reserves the right to take summary action and temporarily dismiss the student. Similarly, the University may take summary action to temporarily or permanently dismiss any student convicted of a felony (see Emergency Actions).

Drugs and Controlled Substances
Students found responsible for possession or use of illegal drugs or controlled substances, the unauthorized possession or misuse of prescription drugs, or the possession of drug paraphernalia may face dismissal from the University. Students found responsible for distribution of illegal drugs and substances, including the illicit redistribution of prescription drugs, may face permanent dismissal from the University.

ABOUT THE EXPECTATION OF RESPONSIBILITY
The health, safety, and well-being of individuals should be paramount concerns of all members of the Notre Dame community. As such, Notre Dame students are expected to exercise active care and concern and contact appropriate authorities in the event of any health or safety emergency, even if violations of the University’s alcohol policy and/or controlled substances policy (as outlined above) may have occurred in connection with such an emergency.

Because students’ concern of possible disciplinary action may unnecessarily deter their desire to seek medical attention for themselves or others, the University has adopted an Expectation of Responsibility to remove barriers for students seeking medical attention in alcohol and drug-related incidents. This Expectation is intended to create an environment where students receive necessary medical attention and those involved are provided an opportunity to learn from the incident.

I think it's wishful thinking and totally unrealistic to believe in any alternate outcome to this other than these 6 players are gone and most likely completely finished as ND football players. This will happen very quickly. The Frozen 5 and how the University handled cheating on homework assignments. We're in a whole different ballpark with this . They are not going to split hairs or look for legalistic semantics. Some them may remain as students or be allowed to re-apply to come back in 17 but their careers as ND football players is most likely over. The university is going to send a message and strong one. As well they should and have to. ND has a core set of values and an image to protect. The ND brand is a huge deal financially to this school. This is a potential catastrophe to this program. It's such a fine line ND football has to tread . This season is down the damn tunes . Already!!! Recruiting will take a big hit. We had a huge class building in 18 with amazing momentum. It's toast now. We'll be lucky to end up with a recruiting class in the top 15. Thank you Max Redfield. Redfield has been the single biggest disppointment and negative to this program I can remember. A 5 star prima donna from CA. He can take his Mandarin Chinese and not let the door hit his ass on the way out of South Bend . I hope to read later today that he's on a plane back to CA .
To say this incident has the impact on the 18 class as you imply is a bit over dramatic no ? How about giving those potential kids the benefit of the doubt.

Wow, what a gross overreaction. Get help.

Reactions: Pennick44
I'm as disappointed in Max Redfield as anyone, but he had a very quietly productive year last year, and as a fan, I'm grateful for the contributions he's made.
Huh ? He was awful last year. Not sure who you were watching. Buy a program.

Agree 100%. Max has been a total joke since arriving on campus. Guy is a loser.

All these guys are gone. Loaded gun? Makes no difference who owns up, gone. Zero tolerance. What are they doing anywhere there is a loaded gun? Terrible. They all will be indefinitely suspended and eventually launched. This has NOTHING to do with Kelly. Just dumb, dumb, dumb.

Why does it not surprise me that this poster would jump to the worst possible conclusion about this situation?

Why does it not surprise me that this poster would jump to the worst possible conclusion about this situation?[/QUOT.

Without question You are the dumbest poster on this site. A complete idiot. There will be no tolerance for students in a car with a loaded gun. Period.

Yeah, exploiting the tragic death of a young woman to further your anti-ND agenda. Says a lot about your character. Nice job, sleaze bag.
Yeah, exploiting the tragic death of a young woman to further your anti-ND agenda. Says a lot about your character. Nice job, sleaze bag.

Yes, most of us were shocked and sad over the young lady's death. No one should have to go through that at a young age.

But my point was that - as usual - ND fans start deflection to what Jimbo, Urban, Saban and others would do. I've read about a "draconian code of conduct." And if you go back and look at the post I was replying to the dimwit mentioning something about the penalty at other schools being "the 1st half of the first game or something like that."

My point: yes, all schools have problems these days including ND who's had some very SERIOUS issues under Kelly. Maybe it's time some of you start looking in the mirror.

bille
question for you: have you ever commented on issues where any other coach was involved?
Meyer? Jimbo? Saban? Putino? coaches at Louiville or Neb. or
Have you ever commented on their 'team control'? Never?
Seems to me this board has had some posts over the years. So my guess is that there will be comments here and on other team forums.
BUT: how it is handled is where the separation is made!

perseveare, you are absolutely correct. "Convict" and "Thug U" fan here. Karma is a bitch.

Facts are important. I'm 66 and can't remember a party in college or high school (Calif) where marijuana was not present. Can't begin to fully appreciate how prevalent it must be today. Maybe one guy was smoking, maybe more, maybe all five. The penalty for being in the car while someone else is smoking should not be the same; and the penalty for smoking should not be expulsion. The really troubling fact we do know is the presence of a loaded gun. At a minimum, the owner should be gone from the team and the university. If everyone knew someone was packing a loaded gun before they got in the car, then I would probably expel them as well. Hoping only the owner knew of the gun. Tough day for ND fans.
Man, can't people think anymore? I am 65 and grew up in a small town; also was part of the jockocracy. Drinking was everywhere. However, athletes were under a total ban. If you were caught drinking you were dismissed from the team, no questions asked. So, the fact drug use is more prevalent or not is not the point. It doesn't matter.

I've been a ND fan my entire life. I said it here before and I'll say it again. If I were offered Stanford, UCLA, or ND, I'd pick Stanford or UCLA.

Indiana has the most draconian MJ laws in the country. These guys were in jail for misdemeanor MJ possession. Stanford, UCLA, and usc will use this against ND in recruiting. Poor old Greg Bryant should have gone to UCLA. Might still be alive today.

Yes, most of us were shocked and sad over the young lady's death. No one should have to go through that at a young age.

But my point was that - as usual - ND fans start deflection to what Jimbo, Urban, Saban and others would do. I've read about a "draconian code of conduct." And if you go back and look at the post I was replying to the dimwit mentioning something about the penalty at other schools being "the 1st half of the first game or something like that."

My point: yes, all schools have problems these days including ND who's had some very SERIOUS issues under Kelly. Maybe it's time some of you start looking in the mirror.

As someone exploiting the tragic death of a young woman to advance your anti-ND agenda, what does that say about your character? If you think exploiting a young woman's death is somehow humorous or appropriate behavior, perhaps you should be looking in the mirror, scumbag.

Yeah, let's not find out what happened. Let's just jump to conclusions based upon what the facts might be. In case, you don't know, you are regarded by most as a blithering idiot.

Reactions: IRISHJD98
Six Notre Dame football players arrested in two separate incidents
6+Notre+Dame+players+arrested.jpg

Worst possible assumption. Are you kidding me??? Bury your head in the sand . How did the Frozen 5 get dealt with. Nobody got arrested in that . We had 6 players get arrested last night .6! It's a big deal . The Marijuana is a real problem but the unregistered gun is the nuke. What the hell are 5 ND football players doing in car at the middle of the night in EBF Indiana with Marijuana in the car with a gun in the backseat? The ND administration must be apoplectic. They are gone .... the university is going to clean house. They must wonder if there is a football culture issue within the program itself. A former ND football player got shot and killed some months ago in the middle of the night . Now this.... it was all over the news as well. They are not going to cut any slack and go with the well boys will be boys approach . I believe Kelly is in some hot water over this with the higher ups. There has been too many consistent problems year over year. He is not going to get anymore more breaks on getting prized recruits thru admissions who are borderline. That's out the window. They are Def going to put the clamps down. I'm generally a big BK supporter but you have to wonder if his ceo approach to running the program has him out of touch with what's going on with his players. A few years ago Manti Teo told him he needed to be more personally involved with the players and less detached . Kelly has done really good things for the program but there are some undeniable deficiencies as well . One being in game decisions like say kicking the extra pt et AL and the overall leadership of the team. Kelly s approach is that these players have a job to do and know the expectations on and off the field . It's a professional approach but these 18-22 yr college kids. They are responsible ultimately for their actions but to assume that s enough based on last night and previous history is naive. We always wonder how come the team comes out so flat ie. BC gm last yr etc... I believe it's partly do to this we tell them their jobs and they know their jobs attitude .

So given how MJ is treated today I dont think it is a big deal. It is viewed the same as alcohol by most of the population. It's even legal in a few states. I'm not saying it is ok for them to have it and there should be some small punishment for it. As far as the gun situation I would like to hear more details about that. I think when people hear the word "gun" they freak out. The fact that the charge is a Misdemeanor also says a lot about the charge itself. ND should look at the totality of the circumstances before making any decisions. As far as Butlers situation goes he should be kicked off the team. If you fight with the police you shuold be gone. Zero tolerance for that and I dont care who the player is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT